Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Don Imus (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375342)

Utah 04-16-2007 12:03 AM

Re: Don Imus

I don't know if someone pointed this out already. But CBS canceled the radio show. Yet, if I understand the ownership correctly, CBS also owns Comedy Central. I just watched Southpark and the whole show was about making fun of Mexicans, Lesbians, and Arabs. How is this acceptable by CBS and Imus isn't?

ed8383 04-16-2007 12:18 AM

Don Imus fired by the illuminati
"According to European reports of the events surrounding Don Imus that have gripped the United States this past week, it was during an interview with another American media personality, Tim Russert, who is the host of a television programme frequently used by US War Leaders, wherein while decrying the state of care being given to American War wounded stated, "So those bastards want to keep these boys [in reference to US Soldiers] secret? Let's see how they like it if I start talking about their [in reference to US War Leaders] secrets, starting with 9/11.""

adios 04-16-2007 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if someone pointed this out already. But CBS canceled the radio show. Yet, if I understand the ownership correctly, CBS also owns Comedy Central. I just watched Southpark and the whole show was about making fun of Mexicans, Lesbians, and Arabs. How is this acceptable by CBS and Imus isn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

Southpark has sponsors, the sponsors of the Imus show withdrew their ads. All the other reasons the networks gave for the Imus show cancellation are trivial compared to lacking sponsors.

bkholdem 04-16-2007 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Southpark has sponsors, the sponsors of the Imus show withdrew their ads. All the other reasons the networks gave for the Imus show cancellation are trivial compared to lacking sponsors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did the sponsors withdraw?

adios 04-16-2007 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why but probably many reasons. A few I've heard, the purchasing power of Afro-Americans and women is very significant and thus alienating such groups is bad for business. Another reason I've heard is that they wanted to stay on the good side of Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton more or less.

bkholdem 04-16-2007 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why but probably many reasons. A few I've heard, the purchasing power of Afro-Americans and women is very significant and thus alienating such groups is bad for business. Another reason I've heard is that they wanted to stay on the good side of Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton more or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is making them think Afro-Americans will be on 'their bad side' if they don't withdraw from the Imus show?

betgo 04-16-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jesse Jackson has or had what was basically a shakedown operation where he would ask companies for donations to some organization he has, with the implied threat that if they didn't comply he would orgnize some boycott or something of them as racist.

The sponsors have legitimate reason not to be on Jackson's bad side. Once the sponsors started pulling out, no one wanted to the "racist" sponsor left.