Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347301)

dmk 03-22-2007 01:08 PM

Re: LOTR: The Two Towers (GAME THREAD)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DMK - we'll talk more later. I have issues with people jokingly claiming wolf - turns out they are actually wolves surprisingly often. For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt though.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the "posts that make me sick that I didn't follow up on them" archives from me day 1 - yuck

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i make that post as villa too. but ya, i laughed when you posted it

HerbieGRD 03-22-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DMK - we'll talk more later. I have issues with people jokingly claiming wolf - turns out they are actually wolves surprisingly often. For now I will give you the benefit of the doubt though.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the "posts that make me sick that I didn't follow up on them" archives from me day 1 - yuck

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i make that post as villa too. but ya, i laughed when you posted it

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw it during my reread and was like doh! that looks really wolfy - I hope no one else digs that up [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mark_K 03-22-2007 01:21 PM

Great game everyone! Thanks for being a great mod Sighing!

I'm somewhat glad I wasn't at the endgame. Tough, tough spot to be in.

In this game I'm giving the MVP to WDCBooks. Wow, what a great job as a wolf.

I'm giving the runner up MVP to TFG for coming up with 2 wolf peeks in 4 tries and basically getting the wolf lynch train started. Way to go!!!!

Again, thanks everyone, and congratulations wolves on the tough win.

I really look forward to Sighing conclusion to the LOTR trilogy!

wdcbooks 03-22-2007 05:15 PM

Great game everyone. Sorry for the break in the endgame and I appreciate everyone being patient.

Interesting notes:

Nez was almost killed for the first three days because he was right, he was right a lot. We blocked him maybe twice, but never did end up killing him.

Looking back I never brought up my main villager argument because I didn't think anyone would believe me. FMX was a clear Frodo candidate. His vote for Stephen and then his reversal on Durron was soooo suspicious, so I defended him and voted along with him. Then it comes to night and somehow we don't kill FMX. Soah peeks him instead and starts his first post that day with "I . . . " to indicate he was Frodo. So agonizing to see him claim just before night.

I was thinking about this today and the criticism of Zurvan is way off. Nez was wolfy. It wasn't his fault, but he was wolfier than I was. His one defense was that post he made when he thought he was dead. I thought I made a good point though when I said that I didn't believe his claim that he went to bed at 9:58 and didn't look to see if he was lynched. It may be true, but it didn't seem true. I know absolutely that I lynch Nez in that spot.

My don't kill Herbie and Durron strategy was done simply because I thought I was toast, but I thought it would be fun to get a final three of me, Herbie and Durron. I didn't realize how ridiculously clear Durron was though and alas I had to kill him.

Great fun and a great game.

lastchance 03-22-2007 05:27 PM

Things to learn from this game:
1) Don't have blinders. (looking at zurvan)
2) Don't listen to traz when he's evil. (looking at village)
3) Kill the seer instead of peeking him.
4) Don't lynch power roles. (look at village)
5) Do not defend yourself by trying to prove your villageryness. It doesn't work. It just doesn't. Take it from me. No one knows you better than you, so you're going to come up with ridiculous reasons that no one else knows are true. (looking at Nez, this is ridiculously important for any endgame)

And yes, I'd rather take village in this one too.

Oh, and TFG played ridiculously awesome. Saved both his villagers from getting lynched, peeked a wolf, and still didn't night-killed until night 4. (until he peeked 2 wolves)

Zurvan 03-22-2007 05:48 PM

You know what durron? I just read that long post of yours again. That was really [censored] of you. Like, really, really [censored]. How long did you spend writing that post just to tell me I'm an idiot?

Do you feel better about yourself for doing that? Do you think it makes your own failings in this & other games less because you can berate me for making a mistake? Do you really not see how hypocritical it is to call me arrogant in one breath, and in the next go off on how terrible it is that I don't read your posts and follow everything you said?

That post sucked, and was unnecessary. If your goal was to make me feel like [censored], be assured that you succeeded.

chuckleslovakian 03-22-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what durron? I just read that long post of yours again. That was really [censored] of you. Like, really, really [censored]. How long did you spend writing that post just to tell me I'm an idiot?

Do you feel better about yourself for doing that? Do you think it makes your own failings in this & other games less because you can berate me for making a mistake? Do you really not see how hypocritical it is to call me arrogant in one breath, and in the next go off on how terrible it is that I don't read your posts and follow everything you said?

That post sucked, and was unnecessary. If your goal was to make me feel like [censored], be assured that you succeeded.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.hakubi.us/ww/hugstime.jpg

GetThere1Time 03-22-2007 05:58 PM

Zurv, everyone [censored] up. I wouldnt sweat it too much. I didnt read most of this end game stuff because it's probably just a bunch of berating, but I can assure you Durron shouldn't be criticizing anyone.

That being said, Books is the MVP of the game very obviously. I havent seen a wolf performance in a game that great in a looooooooonnnnnnnnng time.

Durron,

I meant that little diddy I said back in the thread about your villager game. I truly hope you change the way you play. On a related note, I'll continue to all out blast for anyone who's slinging mud. It's manipulative as hell and a great tool to wolves.

durron597 03-22-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Durron,

I meant that little diddy I said back in the thread about your villager game. I truly hope you change the way you play. On a related note, I'll continue to all out blast for anyone who's slinging mud. It's manipulative as hell and a great tool to wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought i played much better right after you made that post. and i thank you for making it, because it snapped me back into reality.

soah 03-22-2007 06:48 PM

[censored] seers