Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533324)

Richard Tanner 11-04-2007 09:17 PM

Re: ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind*****

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right you keep asserting that, and because I can read I've got it, but you listed the teams the Colts have played that weren't good (and you're right), but on the NE side, the only good teams they've played have been IND and DAL, and what the hell, WASH. The bad teams that NE is playing are VERY bad.

What's the disconnect here. I suppose I should ask outright, how much worse would the COlts have done had they played NE's schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well first of all you're ignoring 5-3 Cleveland, who is a decent team, and 4-4 Buffalo, who probably isn't as good as their record, but isn't "horrible" by any stretch of the imagination.

The only "horrible" teams the Pats have played are the Bengals, Jets and Dolphins.

From a strictly DVOA perspective, Indy is 16th in past schedule and the Pats are 19th.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure from a MOV perspective, the Pats opponents MOV has been larger than the Colts' opponents' MOV going into this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but I can see why you have your opinion.

Needle,
[ QUOTE ]
Vince Young brings down your AFC South arguement, I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahah bitter much?? Also, you're right. I'm sorry Kyro.

Cody

kyro 11-04-2007 09:18 PM

You disagree about what? That Cleveland is a decent team? That Buffalo isn't horrible? That the MOV is actually in the Pats' favor? Because I can objectively prove that last one.

hoyasnaxa 11-04-2007 09:19 PM

Brady sucks. Manning sucks worse whenever it matters.

lastchance 11-04-2007 09:19 PM

The better MOV argument is that the Patriots run up the score, and the Colts do less of that. It's going to turn up in the rankings, but won't be indicative of true strength.

kyro 11-04-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The better MOV argument is that the Patriots run up the score, and the Colts do less of that. It's going to turn up in the rankings, but won't be indicative of true strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then I can say if the Pats didn't run up the score they wouldn't get a chance to truly showcase how large they could widen their MOV. So there.

kyro 11-04-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brady sucks. Manning sucks worse whenever it matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

You suck at posting.

lastchance 11-04-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And then I can say if the Pats didn't run up the score they wouldn't get a chance to truly showcase how large they could widen their MOV. So there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. But for example, the Colts could probably widen their MOV more than they have been, which means computers are underranking them.

My point is not about the Patriots running up the score being "immoral" or anything, just about how it affects computer rankings adversely (like injuries do).

Jurollo 11-04-2007 09:23 PM

Ok numbers fixed.

NE opp pt diff = +1.16pt/game
IND opp pt diff = +0.51pt/game
*Not counting IND or NE games

Richard Tanner 11-04-2007 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You disagree about what? That Cleveland is a decent team? That Buffalo isn't horrible? That the MOV is actually in the Pats' favor? Because I can objectively prove that last one.

[/ QUOTE ]

CLE isn't that great a team, the're largely Meh, I mean hanging 97 points is nice, but when it's against CIN's swiss cheese defense, c'mon. BUF is another Meh team. I won't go so far as to say horrible, but neither of them would give IND trouble (right?).

And MOV is useless as the Pats are running up the score. Right, wrong, or indifferent, they score alot in garbage time.

Again, that's not a knock on NE, but to say the gap is very far between the teams is a little nuts, the Colts would've hung just as many on the teams the Pats played (possible exception for DAL, they could be a match-up prob. for the Colts).

Cody

kyro 11-04-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I just realized this two seconds ago, but we're not even talking about the Pats MOV v. Colts MOV you fool. We're talking about their opponents' MOV.

Richard Tanner 11-04-2007 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I just realized this two seconds ago, but we're not even talking about the Pats MOV v. Colts MOV you fool. We're talking about their opponents' MOV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well sure when you say it like that it's obvious.

Cody

Toro 11-04-2007 09:28 PM

Game Recap:

1. Horribly officiated game one-sided against the Patriots.

2. Patriots played their worst game of the year for 3 quarters.

3. Patriots decide to play fourth quarter and pull it out.

4. If the 2nd best team in the league on their home field can't beat the Patriots when the refs are in the bag and the Patriots mail it in for 3 quarters, I can't see the Patriots losing a game this year.

lastchance 11-04-2007 09:29 PM

Really, I suppose we're just arguing about how many points better the Patriots are than the Colts. I'd say 4-5 on a neutral field (yeah, this is actually pretty damn big).

kyro 11-04-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

CLE isn't that great a team, the're largely Meh, I mean hanging 97 points is nice, but when it's against CIN's swiss cheese defense, c'mon. BUF is another Meh team. I won't go so far as to say horrible, but neither of them would give IND trouble (right?).

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF. I didn't say they'd give Indy trouble. I said they didn't suck. Are you trying to prove my point for me?

[ QUOTE ]

And MOV is useless as the Pats are running up the score. Right, wrong, or indifferent, they score alot in garbage time.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I just told lastchance, we're not discussing Pats and Colts MOV. We're talking about SOS which completely ignores how badly the Pats run up the score on someone.

NT! 11-04-2007 09:30 PM

lol at people arguing for pages and pages about which team is better based on opponent records when THEY JUST PLAYED EACH OTHER.

lastchance 11-04-2007 09:30 PM

And yeah, ok. W/E.

As for schedule strength, Sagarin + DVOA both say the Colts have played a tougher schedule.

kyro 11-04-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to give me an anuerysm.

lastchance 11-04-2007 09:31 PM

And I think we all agree that the Patriots are better? We're quibbling over how much they are better. (I think this is right).

Richard Tanner 11-04-2007 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF. I didn't say they'd give Indy trouble. I said they didn't suck. Are you trying to prove my point for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say, "The colts would put up similar numbers if they played the Pats schedule" then that is very much an important issue.

Cody

kyro 11-04-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And yeah, ok. W/E.

As for schedule strength, Sagarin + DVOA both say the Colts have played a tougher schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

You [censored]. I said not drastically different. I swear you two are ganging up on me to make me go insane.

Richard Tanner 11-04-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to give me an anuerysm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get jokes?

Cody

Richard Tanner 11-04-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I think we all agree that the Patriots are better? We're quibbling over how much they are better. (I think this is right).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my take.

Cody

lastchance 11-04-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And yeah, ok. W/E.

[/ QUOTE ]

You [censored]. I said not drastically different. I swear you two are ganging up on me to make me go insane.

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh.. Well, you tilt easy, because I don't tilt a lot of people in SE. You actually tilt really easy, eh?

kyro 11-04-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When I say, "The colts would put up similar numbers if they played the Pats schedule" then that is very much an important issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's really not. But whatever, this is a stupid argument.

kyro 11-04-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't get jokes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not after a stressful game like that.

kyro 11-04-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And yeah, ok. W/E.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh.. Well, you tilt easy, because I don't tilt a lot of people in SE. You actually tilt really easy, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

No [censored].

Jcrew 11-04-2007 09:46 PM

Maybe vegas had a hand in the officiating with all the squares picking the pats.

Pudge714 11-04-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Game Recap:

1.My name is Toro and I am a Pats fan

[/ QUOTE ]

MikeyPatriot 11-04-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Game Recap:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, QFT.

Toro 11-04-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Game Recap:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Astute observance. What gave it away?

That aside, don't be pissed that deep down you know the Pats are running the table.

PLO8FaceKilla 11-04-2007 10:45 PM

Here is PROOF of the colts pumping artificial noise into the dome.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...CatchVideo.flv

tolbiny 11-04-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even though the Pats won, this game proved that they are beatable. It makes it more interesting for every other team.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you crazy? The colts needed 150 yrds in penalties (many bad calls and several bad no calls). The pats are beatable if something goes horribly wrong outside of their control.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Colts had there starting LT, two WRs injured and didn't score in the redzone.

[/ QUOTE ]

And also had Home field +100 yrds of excessive to flat out bad penalties. What this game showed is that the Colts have a decent chance to beat the Pats, everyone else is just hoping for a miracle.

Salva135 11-05-2007 02:06 PM

From the Globe's Mike Reiss:

"Belichick said the Patriots operated without their coach-to-quarterback communication system for most of Sunday's game. He said it was unusual for that to happen and that the team went to a system in which they were signaling plays into Tom Brady."

This was brought up as an issue for the Redskins during their game last week in Foxborough, and I know it was talked about a bit when Spygate first opened and people were scrambling to find other examples of possibly dirty practices by the Pats.

Edit: It appears that it was the crowd noise being so loud that they had to abandon use of the communications equipment. The original report was poorly written and vaguely implied the system was inoperable from a technical standpoint. This was pointed out in the Colts-Noise thread.