Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497025)

ClarkNasty 11-26-2007 12:35 AM

Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

ZOMG SPORTSCENTER HUMBLE PIEAMENTS

Kneel B4 Zod 11-26-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
christ, is there any reason why we couldn't get anything resembling a pass rush tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, that was bizzare. it didnt help that Colvin left the game (hope he is ok). Jarvis Green is also a great pashrusher, not sure if he played too much tonight.

all things considered this is a good result, we get the W but the coaches get a ton of stuff to work on and the players perhaps gets woken up a bit

Zutroy 11-26-2007 12:50 AM

Eagles had a good o-line going into the season. It might have been that McNabb's Culpepper impression has made them appear worse then they really are. I'm happy with the win and all but that was kinda hard to watch. Hopefully next week the offense is a little more coordinated. Eagles also just played the best game I've seen them play so far this year.

kyro 11-26-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
christ, is there any reason why we couldn't get anything resembling a pass rush tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked like Seymour was being double-teamed. His side was just being smothered by 3-4 linesman. The other guy just couldn't beat his man.

T-God 11-26-2007 01:17 AM

Yay we had a real football game tonight!

Toro 11-26-2007 10:50 AM

I wasn't crazy about the offensive game plan in the first half where they basically told Philly we aren't running the ball, try and stop our vaunted passing attack. It seemed very stubborn to stay with this for the whole half.

Belichick has to let Maroney out of his dog house and run a more balanced offense or Brady is going to end up getting killed when d linemen can just tee off and not have to respect the run.

But maybe he (Belichick) was/is just feeling sorry for us fans and decided to give us something to complain about.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-26-2007 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't crazy about the offensive game plan in the first half where they basically told Philly we aren't running the ball, try and stop our vaunted passing attack. It seemed very stubborn to stay with this for the whole half.

[/ QUOTE ]

but Philly didn't stop them. here are the 1st half possesions, stolen from pokerfink

1) 10 plays, 78 yards, TD
2) 11 plays, 75 yards, FG
3) 9 plays, 54 yards, TD

[ QUOTE ]
Belichick has to let Maroney out of his dog house and run a more balanced offense

[/ QUOTE ]

BB on the radio last night: "I love Laurence...I wish we had more like him".

the gameplan just didn't call for him last night...at least for the first half it didn't.

Toro 11-26-2007 12:19 PM

Oh, I realize they didn't stop them. But, there are benefits to having a more balanced attack which include keeping Brady healthy and possessing the ball longer to keep the defense off the field.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-27-2007 05:22 PM

from Mike Reiss today:

this season, the Patriots have allowed 18 punt return yards. not per game. that is the total for the year

bottomset 11-27-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from Mike Reiss today:

this season, the Patriots have allowed 18 punt return yards. not per game. that is the total for the year

[/ QUOTE ]

well if you never punt you won't allow punt return yards