Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread**** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366371)

kbfc 10-01-2007 11:16 PM

Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

Ok, now that I'm done celebrating the financial windfall the Mets gave me (plane and playoff tix are expensive), here's my wishlist for next year:

Pitching:
Pedro, Maine, Perez, Pelfrey, ElDuque starting. Glavine rotting in hell.

Wagner, Heilman, and Feliciano can stay. They're not great, but if they were great, they'd be starters. They're fine in the pen. The rest of the pen can rot in hell. What's the deal with Duaner Sanchez? Haven't heard anything about him all year.

Position players:
DW had an MVP-worthy season, so he gets to stay.
Beltran, despite lots of injuries and sucking half the year, still put up a pretty monster season for a CF. He gets to stay.
Reyes needs to relearn how to play baseball. He is young, though, so he can stay.
Delgado, I fear, we are stuck with. I suggest paying A-Rod 50 million to play first base next year.
Castillo is a big whatever. I guess he's pretty good on defense, but his bat is pretty terrible. He's fine at 2nd I suppose.
Alou needs another 1yr deal. He is old and fragile, but awesome.
LoDuca needs to meet Glavine in hell.
Castro should be the opening day starting catcher as I suggested somewhere about 50% of the way through LAST season.
Milledge needs to be the main man in RF. He will be good. Just play him.
Green can stay and play backup OF and 1B, batting cleanup in games against John Smoltz.
The bench is good. Keep them all.

Management:
Willie's head on a spit.
Omar can stay. People bitched about not getting a reliever, but who was available? Gagne? That worked out well....the fact is that relief pitchers (outside of some closers or special cases) generally suck, which is why they are relief pitchers.

Needle77 10-01-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Green can stay and play backup OF and 1B, batting cleanup in games against John Smoltz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Made me LOL, but I wouldn't mind him staying. He is actually a good defensive 1B and made me laugh alot with his awful dives in RF.

Am I an idiot for wanting Humber over El Duque next year? Isnt Duque a FA? I guess if he is still under contract let him stay and see if we can put Humber or Pelf into the pen. It'll be nice to have Sanchez back next year. I really want to see Mulvy and that AA closer in spring training next year.

kbfc 10-01-2007 11:24 PM

I don't know about El Duque's contract status. I pretty much just wrote it without looking at any of that stuff. (sidenote: I read that John Maine made like $20 and a pack of trading cards this year. What a great season for him.) ED can still pitch, and he's super-versatile, so I like bringing him back. I need to see more from Humber and the other prospects before comitting to them. Pelfrey, IMO, has finally become a major league starter, and deserves a rotation spot to start next year.

Needle77 10-01-2007 11:25 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Showenwuss recieved shipments of steroids while with the ChiSox.

So Mota and Schowenwuss both got steroids. Obviously both need to get back on it. [censored] that policy.

hiho 10-01-2007 11:28 PM

Would be nice if El Duque were in the bullpen next year. Its obvious that he can't make a full season at his age as a starter.

In fact losing him at the end there hurt. If he didn't get hurt then he would have won one of the two games that we gave away when he should have pitched and then IMO the Mets would be playing today. He did the same thing last year getting hurt just as the playoffs were starting.

hiho 10-01-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Showenwuss recieved shipments of steroids while with the ChiSox.

So Mota and Schowenwuss both got steroids. Obviously both need to get back on it. [censored] that policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow just wow, well I guess that explains the suckage.

niss 10-01-2007 11:38 PM

Agree ... El Duque CANNOT be in the rotation next year. I love the guy and thought he had great stuff this year, but this is the 2nd year in a row that he's broken down in the stretch and it's hurt the team badly. Would have been very nice to have trotted him out there instead of Lawrence/Pelfrey/Humber. El Duque can fortify the bullpen in a middle/long relief role, where (a) he won't throw as many innings and (b) he doesn't kill the team too bad if/when he goes down.

Ken_AA 10-01-2007 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would be nice if El Duque were in the bullpen next year. Its obvious that he can't make a full season at his age as a starter.

In fact losing him at the end there hurt. If he didn't get hurt then he would have won one of the two games that we gave away when he should have pitched and then IMO the Mets would be playing today. He did the same thing last year getting hurt just as the playoffs were starting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, him and Martinez should alternate starts. That way they both get 9 days rest between starts. They can work out of the bullpen on their "throw" days which would be 4 days after their start.

Ken

niss 10-01-2007 11:57 PM

Should they carry 15 pitchers?

Eurotrash 10-02-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously the first game agains the Marlins and Nationals they deserve a player to get drilled. There is no excuse for what they did during the last two weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.