Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORLD SERIES! - Boston Redsox vs Colorado Rockies (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528199)

chev9 10-23-2007 04:11 PM

Re: OFFICIAL WORLD SERIES! - Boston Redsox vs Colorado Rockies

yeah, the threat is all will be cancelled. I'll copy that language in here if I get to that point again. Not sure if they'll follow through on it though.

I got into the game 3 window, but getting strange message about being unable to secure tix at that price level, even though I didn't specify one. That game may be sold out.

chev9 10-23-2007 04:24 PM

Well, I was able to get 2 pretty good seats ($225 face) for game 3, and I can't go to that. I'd like to trade with someone for game 5 tickets. PM me if interested.

Mondogarage 10-23-2007 04:24 PM

The Rox website says games 3 & 4 are sold out. I'm on serious life tilt right now...

Salva135 10-23-2007 04:25 PM

Maybe there should be (or should have been) a separate thread for logistics regarding getting WS tickets, to keep all of this separate from actual baseball discussion?

Anyway, Boston.com reporting that Wakefield is off the roster due to shoulder problems, and apparently he was scheduled to start Games 2 and 6, which I hadn't heard before but clearly is to avoid Wake having to pitch at Coors.

Does this mean Schilling goes Game 2, and Lester goes Game 4?

MrFeelNothin 10-23-2007 04:28 PM

Well, its sold out.

My friend's boss getting any tickets at all, let alone possibly 12 is like somebody's girlfriend picking teams with cool mascots and winning a march Madness pool.

He came into the office at noon today, saw my friend Scott frantically running between 5 different computers and had no idea what was going on. Then he decided that he could name 2 players on the Rockies, so he should try for tickets too. And of course he gets them, was going to sell them, but now after many people telling him how awesome the games will be, will now be going to the game with his parents and girlfriend [censored].

kidcolin 10-23-2007 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this all about ticket gossip now, or maybe I missed it, but Wakefield is being left off the WS roster.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

chim17 10-23-2007 04:34 PM

Ya they were just talking about Wakefield here. Said partly due to injury but partly due to not wanting to pitch him at Coors and the team didn't want to pitch him in 2 and move Schilling.

kidcolin 10-23-2007 04:34 PM

Ellsbury is starting game 1, though. Sweet.

kidcolin 10-23-2007 04:36 PM

So Lester goes game 4? Tavarez gets activated? Not having Bucholz is putting me on tilt.

Kneel B4 Zod 10-23-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know this all about ticket gossip now, or maybe I missed it, but Wakefield is being left off the WS roster.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

[/ QUOTE ]

a little seen note from the AP ALCS Game 7 article was "Wakefield not available to pitch out of the bullpen". on 3 days of rest, that was surprising to me. the fact that he's not on the roster isn't a shocker.

anyways, Lester had a better year than Wakefield