Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Donating to Barry Greenstein's Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342184)

Tmoney120 03-06-2007 01:38 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Better late than never - at work, sorry no screen shot.

From: "Thomas Woods" <sponsorship@children-inc.org> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: twoods189@yahoo.com
Date: 6 Mar 2007 09:23:46 -0800
Subject: Donation to Urgent Need from Account 934902

Dear Sponsor,

Thank you very much for your decision to help a child through Children,
Inc. Without your support and the support of others, we would not be
able to help children both at home and around the world.

Request Details:
Your Account: 934902
Donation to Urgent Need
Donation Amount: $100.00

Comments:
You selected to be billed Single Payment
Your selected form of payment was by credit card.

Your payment of $100.00 is being processed.

In the meantime, should you have any questions regarding this
sponsorship request, please do not hesitate to contact us at
sponsorship@children-inc.org, or call toll-free (in the US)
1-800-538-5381. Thank you for your support!

illusionS 03-06-2007 01:48 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Still waiting on doyles room payment... I'm in for a donation as soon as the money gets wired.

Shrug 03-07-2007 10:55 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Bumping for da kids

wardkaew 03-07-2007 10:57 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Whats the final tally ?

Arito 03-07-2007 11:21 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the final tally ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check one page earlier.

raze 03-15-2007 02:06 AM

Thank you very much for your decision to help a child through Children, Inc. Without your support and the support of others, we
would not be able to help children both at home and around the world.

Request Details:
Your Account: 935180
Donation Amount: $200.00

Comments:
You selected to be billed Single Payment
Your selected form of payment was by credit card.

Your payment of $200.00 is being processed.

DCJ001 03-17-2007 08:16 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

There's an update in today's newspaper, if anyone's interested:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...=1173350254724

chirpy 03-17-2007 08:37 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

link doesn't work

Lori 03-17-2007 08:40 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

link doesn't work

[/ QUOTE ]

Found

At the request of the poker players, the rest of the money will be used for playground equipment at a school or schools already affiliated with the organization.

[/ QUOTE ]

DCJ001 03-17-2007 09:01 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Sat...mesdispatch.com

Valhalla1 03-20-2007 12:44 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Got a letter today from Childrens, Inc.

Apparently they have now an official "Barry Greenstein LOL Donkaments Fund" !

This is priceless

Full-Metall 03-20-2007 01:44 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Can someone post this letter? I donated through pokerstars so I'm missing out [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Barrin6 03-20-2007 02:14 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Wow it feels good to donate
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5...rensinccu9.jpg

Sucks that I donated a little bit though. $20 is alot to me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I'll promise to donate more when I go robusto. Shouldn't be long

Prodigy54321 03-20-2007 06:41 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone post this letter? I donated through pokerstars so I'm missing out [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I threw it away, but if I remember correctly...

------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Albanese

................................LOL Donkaments Charity Drive............................................. ............................(blah blah blah, something about children and helping them)......................Barry Greenstein LOL Donkaments Fund...............(yada yada, something about considering the playground suggestion)..........

Thank you.

that's basically all you need to know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

JCool 03-20-2007 09:43 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone post this letter? I donated through pokerstars so I'm missing out [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's posted in the other thread.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

CrazyEyez 03-20-2007 09:55 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

[ QUOTE ]
Dear xxxxxxx

Thank you so much for your participation in the LOL Donkaments Charity Drive! Your generous support this month means so much in assisting us with or mission of helping children who are suffering from deprivation and poverty.

One of our greates challenges, on a daily basis, is to find sponsors for the many children on our program. This is a major concern as children are often waiting months and sometimes years to be chosen and it is heartbreaking for us not to be able to fill that need sooner. In determining the greatest need for which to use these funds you have contributed, I am delighted to share with you that the success of this challenge has impelled us to set up a special "Barry Greenstein LOL Donkamenst Fund." This fund will now perpetually provide a number of our unsponsored children with monthly assistance until a sponsor can be found. I cannot thank you enough for your part in providing this much needed assistance to benefit our "waiting"children.

We are also taking into consideration the suggestion from some of you that perhaps we could provide a playground with some of the funds donated an dhave asked the directors of our Appalachian and American Indian Divisions to research the possibility.

Thanks to the initiative, involvement, and hartfelt giving of contributors like you, we are able to make a positive, hope-filled impact on many young lives.

With heartfelt thanks, and deepest appreciation, I am

Sincerely yours,

[hand-signed]

Marian G Cummins
President &amp; CEO

P.S. I want to thank you also for the excitement and intrigue we experienced when the donations began to come in and we had no idea what had prompted them except that Barry's name was mentioned. Then it was such fun and so entertaining for the staff to read all the entries to the Blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

raze 04-02-2007 08:11 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Just got hand-signed letter. Sweet

barryg1 04-12-2007 02:01 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

An update from the CEO:

Dear Barry,

You may recall that there were some suggestions from the participants in this challenge to perhaps use some of the funds for a playground. As I mentioned in my letter of appreciation to each, we asked for requests from our American Indian, Appalachian and Inner City Divisions.

We received one comprehensive request from our American Indian Elementary School, Puente de Hozho, in Flagstaff, Arizona. Their mission is to provide every student with the ability to speak, read, write and think in both English and a second language (Spanish or Navajo). Students with dual language skills are better prepared to meet the challenges of a global society with enhanced cognitive skills; better cross-cultural communication; enhanced problem-solving skills; and a global societal perspective.

They have a small, outdated playground (approximately 350 x 350) serving a student population of 438 mostly low-income students. The playground is used before school, at lunch break and during recess periods as the only play area for kindergarten through sixth grade students. Active physical play is recognized as an important element of child development and an intregal part of quality education. Puente de Hozho would like to be able to upgrade the playground to provide a safe, well organized facility, consistent with the high quality academic environment of the school.

Their request:
One pair of soccer goals $2,000
6 outdoor basketball hoops/nets $240
4 tetherball sets $600
2 outdoor tables with benches $1,500
3 outdoor benches $1,200
Line courts and field $2,000
Rehabilitation of primary play area:
Replace top of retaining structure $2,000
Resurface with impact safe rubber surfacing $14,000 - If possible

Total $23,540

We received $14,991 in February, $22,051 in March and so far this month, $7,761, for a total of $44,803. We have already allocated $20,160 to the Donkaments Haven Account to provide perpetual monthly assistance for 60 children while they are waiting to be chosen by a sponsor. That leaves enough to cover this request and we will still have $1,103 to assist even more of our 'waiting' children.

We had requests from three projects in our Appalachian Division for $6000 each to replace playground equipment or buy mulch, but we feel the Puente de Hozho playground would be a real tribute and would be consistent with the suggestions from the participating players.

Could you please share your thoughts on this matter?

Barry, the total of $44,803 is incredible and we are ever so grateful to you and your following for taking the challenge to reach such a remarkable figure. You also had three terrific persons who chose to sponsor children individually!

I hope your heart is swelling with pride as mine is for all that you have made possible.

With admiration and sincere gratitude, I am

Sincerely yours,

Marian

benza13 04-12-2007 02:05 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

This is awesome news. Thanks Barry for being a good sport about the t-shirts and everything else involved with raising this money, no matter how silly some of it was.

T-God 04-12-2007 02:10 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

That sounds cool.

As long as my money goes to basketball and not tetherball.

[censored] tetherball.

ChrisV 04-12-2007 02:11 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

BBV Playground sounds good to me. Cheers for the update Barry.

Josem 04-12-2007 02:13 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

[ QUOTE ]
Donkaments Haven Account

[/ QUOTE ]

this is awesome.

There's a whole line of merchandise arrising... first t-shirts, now bank accounts...

DannyOcean_ 04-12-2007 02:21 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

[ QUOTE ]
I hope your heart is swelling with pride as mine is for all that you have made possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is your heart swelling with joy, barry? Any heart swellage?

Danny

brad3 04-12-2007 04:15 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

BBV is like a superhero.

MikeyPatriot 04-12-2007 04:45 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Just like to add...

The shirt drive raised almost $2k for Children's, Inc. When I get around to getting the other shirts on ebay/two donkaments for shirts we should be over that amount.

I haven't sent the money to C, Inc. yet because I'm still making sure most of the shirts got to their destinations. I got the first "Return to Sender" today, hopefully that gets worked out soon.

PITTM 04-12-2007 04:52 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

yay soccer goals! when i was in 5th grade someone decided it would be a good idea to swing a tether ball and try to throw it as far as they could. they threw it all the way to the basketball court across the playground, at which point the hook attached to my forehead while the ball kept going. I went from running down the court to collapsed in a bloody heap for like 10 minutes before they took me to the hospital for stitches. so yeah, eff tether ball.

Banzai 04-13-2007 06:16 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still making sure most of the shirts got to their destinations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine arrived in England on Wednesday, cheers MikeyPatriot
for all your efforts. Your PMs are full hence this post.

NoSoup4U 04-20-2007 10:43 AM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

I gave $500 from another poker discussion site a few weeks ago when I heard about this drive. I just received a letter from Marian asking me to stop by and visit them (I live in Richmond) and report back to Barry and you guys. I'll try to make arrangements to do that next week.

Sciolist 06-20-2007 05:45 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

I thought I'd bump this to say: Did we get a playground? Where is it? Can I visit?

nanamar05 08-03-2007 03:45 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf

Ace0fSpades 08-03-2007 03:48 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Ban for bumping?

LionelHutz00 08-03-2007 03:58 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

This was probably the stupidest most pointless most unfunny bump eva.

Lori 10-19-2007 04:37 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

[ QUOTE ]
282 registered and 429 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just figured I'd bump this in case any of our new found guests didn't know about it.

apefish 10-19-2007 05:51 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

Bumped for Lori's excellent reason.

wywrot 10-19-2007 06:28 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

holla

mecbluefugate 10-19-2007 08:28 PM

Re: Donating to Barry Greenstein\'s Charity (LOL DOCUMENTS)

i'd actually like to contribute... better late than never... but i don't have a CC... anyone i can ship a small donation to on stars?

(small like 10 dollars, i only have like 40 on there)