Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   San Francisco Bay Area: Your favorite things to do or places to go (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332076)

ooinsight 11-14-2007 06:56 PM

Re: San Francisco Bay Area: Your favorite things to do or places to go

Has anyone commented on Sushi Ran in Sausalito yet? Easily one if the best sushi restaurants in the state.

King Car 11-19-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone commented on Sushi Ran in Sausalito yet? Easily one if the best sushi restaurants in the state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes earlier in this thread iirc, and yes.

Billy Bibbit 11-23-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cafe Rouge on 4th St in Berkeley has really high quality stuff, as well as excellent quality prepared meats.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+ will buy meat from them again.

Thanks for the recommendation. Everyone thought dinner was delicious.

revots33 11-23-2007 10:23 PM

Pasta Pomodoro - great pasta, nice atmosphere, super-cheap prices. There's one on Union St. and a few others also I think.

P.S. I really wanna live in S.F. one day if I can ever afford it! I'm jealous of everyone who lives there.

snoopfishyfish 11-23-2007 11:11 PM

Little Anges in El Cerrito - A dive bar that serves delicious food. You can get steak the size of your face for $20.

dalston 11-24-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cafe Rouge on 4th St in Berkeley has really high quality stuff, as well as excellent quality prepared meats.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+ will buy meat from them again.

Thanks for the recommendation. Everyone thought dinner was delicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you liked it. If you go back, there's some other great stuff round there. I think Sketch on 4th St has the best ice cream in the Bay Area (try the cocoa nib if they have it) and you can get a great brunch at Bette's Oceanview Diner, even if you don't want to take the name too literally. The Pasta Shop has a great range of food. And Vik's just on the other side of University has great authentic Indian food that they practically give away.

Given how close it is to 80, its surprising that it is doesn't get used more by foodies that don't live or work in Berkeley.

Billy Bibbit 11-25-2007 03:15 AM

Dalston,

I live in Berkeley and I go to Vik's all the time. It's probably the best restaurant I've ever been to in terms of bang for your buck. They have an Indian grocery store too, and it's equally as cheap as the restaurant.

wet work 11-27-2007 03:07 PM

I just got back from a trip to SF and a few other places up north. We went to SushiGroove(Hyde St.) based on the recommendations here. Food was excellent. Also hit the Pasta Pomodoro(Mill Valley) on the way to Sonoma. I've eaten at that one several times. It's nothing extravagant but it's a decent little place to grab a quick meal so I usually end up hitting that one on the way out of SF.

We stayed at the Lodge in Sonoma again and it's a nice place to stay in town. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a decent hotel there. Then it was up to Ukiah for a few days to see some friends before heading to Chico for Thanksgiving with some other friends. Great trip overall.

Note: Took the kids to the Aquarium in SF. Don't waste your time. It was underwhelming to say the least.

luegofuego 11-28-2007 04:19 AM

http://img03.shop-pro.jp/PA01005/593...1236539_th.jpg

reason enough to go to SF for me.

El Diablo 11-28-2007 04:57 AM

oo,

A couple of reviews of Sushi Ran as well as some other SF (and other) places in this sushi restaurant reviews thread