Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Official April Thread: General Discussion/etc (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369335)

moira 04-20-2007 10:21 AM

Re: Official April Thread: General Discussion/etc

maybe our definitions of soft differ.
I like at least one fish at my tables and I had problems finding 4 tables at 2/4 and 3/6...

Christophers 04-20-2007 10:25 AM

Plenty of uberfish at 10/20 still, try that.

Slider 04-20-2007 10:29 AM

When the Hermosa House is over, I'm thinking about moving to Australia. Party Poker, New Scenery + I'm going to be appyling to University of Melbourne and Monash, both in Melbourne, Australia.

Thinking about moving there in mid September and going back to school in February.

If anyone is interested, gimme a PM and we'll talk a bit. It's not hard to get a visa there for up to a year.

Hit me up!

NOSUP4U 04-20-2007 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf is happening?
since a few days there are somehow double the tables, but half the fish at PartyPoker!
do all americans have fake accounts now or what has happened?
anybody care to tell me where to find good games nowadays? where have all the fishies gone?

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. whats going on with the 2/4nl and 3/6 on party? almost every table is full of solid regulars. ive moved down to the greener pastures of 1/2 for the time being. those games are SUPER soft if you can handle playing that low.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like this like once a week, get all stressed because maybe its all drying up...and then 2 days later the normal fish are back and I'm like wow the games are so good....

Mark

Irish Mafia 04-20-2007 11:24 AM

FwF. Good work dude. I guess it certainly helps that you've been running hotter than God. Congrats!

CO here is you... right at the start of my session. Oh, and it really set the tone for a nice big loss.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $1137.50
BB: $2365.75
UTG: $1075
<u>CO: $984</u>
<u>Hero (BTN): $1243</u>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $35</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $120</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $85

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($255) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $175</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $864</font>, Hero calls $689

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($1983) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($1983) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $1983 ($3 Rake)

CO had T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, King high)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings)

FoxwoodsFiend 04-20-2007 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FwF. Good work dude. I guess it certainly helps that you've been running hotter than God. Congrats!

CO here is you... right at the start of my session. Oh, and it really set the tone for a nice big loss.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $5/$10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $35</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $120</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $85

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($255) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $175</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $864</font>, Hero calls $689

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($1983) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

<font color="black">River:</font> ($1983) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

CO had T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a straight, King high)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Kings)

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't even give money away if I try. Every session I start off down 2 or 3 buy-ins, suck out once or twice, and next thing I know I'm up 9 buy-ins. Also, in fairness I didn't think you had AK...if I did I probably wouldn't have pushed there.

MYNAMEIZGREG 04-20-2007 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't even give money away if I try. Every session I start off down 2 or 3 buy-ins, suck out once or twice, and next thing I know I'm up 9 buy-ins. Also, in fairness I didn't think you had AK...if I did I probably wouldn't have pushed there.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL?

ahnuld 04-20-2007 12:04 PM

5k hands in april! OMG i play way to much, somebody stop me.

snakekilla88 04-20-2007 12:46 PM

This has been my worst week/month of my life. At one point I was doing really well and now I am in the red over way to many hands. After having another horrible session I figured I need to regain some control and start grinding lower limits for confidence. I have played way to much stars 1knl and haven’t seen sunlight at all this month. Few comments on some of you since I am taking a break and wont be playing 5/10 anytime soon…

Good;
derek- incredibly impressed with how well you play. You are really putting the hands in it seems this month.
zioslim- all around solid + good.
eox!/googols/etc.- tighter then most but pretty decent.
gp/straate- more annoying ones to play against.
Wiltontilt-yeah def. solid constant 3betting and squeezes annoy me
Redargoe- loose/decent overbet bets the nuts a lot and I always pay him off. Runs like god.
-Probably more I am forgetting but most of you did fairly well against me. Enjoy my money.

Bad; (could be wrong)
Voodoowizard
Dariormini
Baller510
Animal4414

FWIW, I played under NoYouwont.

g-p 04-20-2007 12:57 PM

why do you think baller510 is good

snakekilla88 04-20-2007 01:04 PM

I put him under bad along with the other suckas [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Clayton 04-20-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u serious?

8thwonder 04-20-2007 01:14 PM

thoughts on SAS_eagles?

FoxwoodsFiend 04-20-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess the sarcasm doesn't come across quite so well online, but yes, to answer your question: lol

FoxwoodsFiend 04-20-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thoughts on SAS_eagles?

[/ QUOTE ]

bad but not awful was my opinion, although not based on too many hands. your call of my river raise on that AJ vs 9J hand was pretty bad IMO, but whatever.

WiltOnTilt 04-20-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey snake, do you mind if i ask what your vpip/pfr stats were while playing under this name? I had you at something insane like 14/9 but i dont think you were really playing that tight.

Also i made a reallllly bad laydown against you in that AQ hand you had... i saw monsters where none existed [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

NOSUP4U 04-20-2007 02:56 PM

I &lt;3 bodog

5/10NL 6max
utg+1 raises, I 3bet on button with AQ to $120, he calls.
flop AQ6, 2 clubs. I have Ac

He bets $900. wtf?

I'm so confused I just call, leaving about 500 behind and he has me covered.

Turn is like a 7 that completes the flush. He bets $150. I shove for $350 more, he folds.

I'm so confused.

Mark

DJ Sensei 04-20-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I &lt;3 bodog

5/10NL 6max

He bets $900. wtf?

Turn is like a 7 that completes the flush. He bets $150. I shove for $350 more, he folds.

I'm so confused.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

bodooooooooooooog!

True 04-20-2007 04:03 PM

6k hands - +17k at 1knl today.

Slider 04-20-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh nh...

I've never had a 10 buyin day wtf...! I had 8 at 1knl full ring over the summer.

NOSUP4U 04-20-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I &lt;3 bodog

5/10NL 6max

He bets $900. wtf?

I'm so confused.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even think about this but maybe he mistyped 90? Its still an odd bet but makes a little more sense I guess?

Mark

True 04-20-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh nh...

I've never had a 10 buyin day wtf...! I had 8 at 1knl full ring over the summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are fun, had 3 in a row last week [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SEABEAST 04-20-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wtf is happening?
since a few days there are somehow double the tables, but half the fish at PartyPoker!
do all americans have fake accounts now or what has happened?
anybody care to tell me where to find good games nowadays? where have all the fishies gone?

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. whats going on with the 2/4nl and 3/6 on party? almost every table is full of solid regulars. ive moved down to the greener pastures of 1/2 for the time being. those games are SUPER soft if you can handle playing that low.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like this like once a week, get all stressed because maybe its all drying up...and then 10 minutes later the normal fish are back and I'm like wow the games are so good....

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

los_toros 04-20-2007 05:49 PM

I need absolute money for stars or ftp

tagtastic 04-20-2007 06:07 PM

Last week I had a conversation with a guy who minraised me a few times on the flop (he was absolutely terrible obv) - for whatever reason I asked him why would he make such a move, it's a very weak raise. I wasn't berating, just trying to get into his head.

He said that he raised exactly as much as I bet, so his raise was exactly as strong as my bet, and therefore I should be folding as often to a raise that size as I should a bet that size.

After starting out in NL and playing it almost exclusively for the last 3 years, there's zero chance I could ever take limit seriously.

tcorbin16 04-20-2007 06:09 PM

True where exactly do you play at?

True 04-20-2007 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True where exactly do you play at?

[/ QUOTE ]

crypto 5/10 and some 10/20, some 2/5.

aejones 04-20-2007 06:59 PM

supernautet: so sick
evo_03: supbro
aejones: JJ
aejones: nh
evo_03: i had
evo_03: ace high
aejones: darn
aejones: good bluff
evo_03: we play again
evo_03: not hit and running i sat out if i win or lose
that hand
aejones: good run
evo_03: lol
evo_03: nah i gotta go bro
evo_03: shouldnt even of sat down with a regular
evo_03: if i wasnt staying long
evo_03: rain check for sure
aejones: lol oooooooooooo k
evo_03: Dealt to evo_03 [As 6s]
evo_03: ill flip you for it bro
aejones: what are you talking about
evo_03: flip bro?
evo_03: 200?
aejones: whatever
evo_03: k
evo_03: what
evo_03: the %%%%
evo_03: is that about?
aejones: i thougth you said we were flipping?
aejones: you're backing out, right?
evo_03: you $&amp;!!ing cheater
evo_03: i just lost
evo_03: all respect for you
aejones: what?
evo_03: i said 200
aejones: how in the HELL are we supposed to flip
for 200
evo_03: you bet 200
evo_03: and check it down
evo_03: &amp;!!$in cheater
evo_03: read my @$#&amp;ing text
evo_03: i said 200 flip
aejones: lol ok
evo_03: you jam because you know im calling
aejones: i'm 8 tabling
evo_03: send 200 back fi you are a man of your
word
aejones: i'm not
aejones: post about it and whine about it
evo_03: @$!!in back me into a corner
evo_03: lol
evo_03: f u
aejones: or play me for it and get it back
evo_03: you are a scumbag man
evo_03: true scum
aejones: becuase i don't know what you are
talking about
evo_03: yeah i bet you dont
evo_03: wow
evo_03: true scum man
aejones: coulda folded
aejones: seriously
evo_03: GG REP
aejones: lollllllll
evo_03: i even gave you a chance
evo_03: to take it back
evo_03: and let me fold
evo_03: even though i was a favorite vs a random
evo_03: if it was a real mistake
evo_03: and you welch me into it
evo_03: true scum man
aejones: welche you into it?
aejones: how
aejones: i said nothing
evo_03: bull&amp;$@%
evo_03: you said oh your backing out right?
evo_03: what an angle
evo_03: for 400 dollars lol
evo_03: lose all respect for 4 hundo
evo_03: you need it though
aejones: lol i'm busto what can i say
evo_03: you are a big headed fish
aejones: i know i know
aejones: i apologize for the mis undersatnding
evo_03: #%# u there was no misunderstanding
evo_03: you angling pos
evo_03: if you really are sorry
evo_03: youd send back half
aejones: i'm just a broke college student
aejones: guy's gotta eat
evo_03: you define scum

O NOEZ STROY TO COME

downtown 04-20-2007 07:15 PM

I think this is the first time ever i tried to induce a call and it worked. Dude's timer was almost all the way out when he called.

FullTiltPoker Game #2251728469: Table Darling (6 max) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:53:43 ET - 2007/04/20
Seat 1: CookbytheBook ($394)
Seat 2: KarstenK85 ($397.40)
Seat 3: GL2U ($1,225.10)
Seat 4: fivetenatrad ($467.70)
Seat 5: downtpwn ($792.90)
Seat 6: Chapter XI ($331.80)
KarstenK85 posts the small blind of $2
GL2U posts the big blind of $4
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to downtpwn [7h 7c]
fivetenatrad calls $4
downtpwn raises to $16
Chapter XI folds
CookbytheBook calls $16
KarstenK85 folds
GL2U raises to $85
fivetenatrad folds
downtpwn calls $69
CookbytheBook folds
*** FLOP *** [Jd Js 7d]
CookbytheBook adds $22
GL2U has 15 seconds left to act
GL2U bets $135
downtpwn has 15 seconds left to act
downtpwn raises to $707.90, and is all in
GL2U has 15 seconds left to act
downtpwn: fold
GL2U calls $572.90
downtpwn shows [7h 7c]
GL2U shows [Kh Kd]
*** TURN *** [Jd Js 7d] [4d]
*** RIVER *** [Jd Js 7d 4d] [6h]
downtpwn shows a full house, Sevens full of Jacks
GL2U shows two pair, Kings and Jacks
downtpwn wins the pot ($1,604.80) with a full house, Sevens full of Jacks
downtpwn: or call
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1,607.80 | Rake $3
Board: [Jd Js 7d 4d 6h]
Seat 1: CookbytheBook (button) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: KarstenK85 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 3: GL2U (big blind) showed [Kh Kd] and lost with two pair, Kings and Jacks
Seat 4: fivetenatrad folded before the Flop
Seat 5: downtpwn showed [7h 7c] and won ($1,604.80) with a full house, Sevens full of Jacks
Seat 6: Chapter XI didn't bet (folded)

True 04-20-2007 07:25 PM

wow, you plyed that WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too fast.

you have position, and you have to get like just over a pot size bet in on that board. I also think by you saying "fold" he is more likely to fold.

Inyaface 04-20-2007 07:39 PM

If anyone wants to trade party money for any other site PM me

FlyingStart 04-20-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you first came on to 5/10 I thought you were pretty tough. Later when I saw you, you always had big stacks on almost every table you were on. A few weeks after that it seemed like you had been through a rough stretch or something because your game was alot tamer. We never played ALOT though, but that was my impression.

True 04-20-2007 08:07 PM

Flying Start, why did you leave Crypto?

FlyingStart 04-20-2007 08:13 PM

I still have some monies there, but lost most of the little I had on some beats at 5/10. I might return there at some point, but the software really tilted me, and it didnt seem like there was very many games running at 5/10.

FlyingStart 04-20-2007 08:15 PM

Btw, alot of the regulars there seemed very weak passive, but I just didnt have the patience to grind it out slowly.

DerekJCEX 04-20-2007 08:36 PM

FlyingStart who ar eyou on stars?

DerekJCEX 04-20-2007 08:37 PM

ty snake.. btw how do you get so many names on stars???? iceboy.. snakekilla.. noyouwont.. whats next?

aejones 04-20-2007 08:38 PM

maaaaaaaaaaaang i had some monster fish pwn me today with some sick hands

LucidDream 04-20-2007 09:21 PM

ugggghhhhh....trying to be nitty about game selection. i datamined for awhile and basically got on the list for every good 400nl game at FTP. every seat that opened up was the always the fishes at the table leaving me w/ 5 regulars. after this happened like 5 times i just quit the whole session.

[censored] game selection

DevinLake 04-20-2007 09:23 PM

Everyone should have the chance to enjoy this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&amp;fpart=all