Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***yankees official offseason thread***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519047)

sublime 10-29-2007 10:09 PM

Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]

If the Yankees keep Posada and Mo and sign Bonds they will be favorites in the East.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno about that, but they will definitely not be big dogs.

you guys are banking too much on joba i think. its not that i don't think he will be very good, but he doesn't have a massive sample as a starter in pro ball AND the red sox have buchholz to counter.

i think the NYY signing bonds is what can keep them up to speed.

Triumph36 10-29-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol @ people saying it's the end of the world for the Yankees.

If the Yankees keep Posada and Mo and sign Bonds they will be favorites in the East.

[/ QUOTE ]

you and i both know they are not signing barry bonds. it would be awesome, but it is just not happening.

sublime 10-29-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you and i both know they are not signing barry bonds. it would be awesome, but it is just not happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

name one other player than can even come close to replacing what they just 'lost' (im not 100% sold he wont be back, like 80% atm)? obv the guy needs to be available.

Triumph36 10-29-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

name one other player than can even come close to replacing what they just 'lost' (im not 100% sold he wont be back, like 80% atm)? obv the guy needs to be available.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not 100% sold either, but more like 95%.

the yankees already have 2 guys whose fielding is so abysmal that they are DHs. unless they can somehow move giambi, where does bonds fit into this lineup?

MikeyPatriot 10-29-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mo will probably sign a 2 year deal... in my original post i implied signing nathan for 2009 season and have him be setup guy for mo's final season... if he gets paid big i don't see why he wouldn't agree to this

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to share some examples of established closers signing elsewhere to pitch as a set up guy?

Karak567 10-29-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mo will probably sign a 2 year deal... in my original post i implied signing nathan for 2009 season and have him be setup guy for mo's final season... if he gets paid big i don't see why he wouldn't agree to this

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to share some examples of established closers signing elsewhere to pitch as a set up guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Farnsworth

sublime 10-29-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not 100% sold either, but more like 95%.

the yankees already have 2 guys whose fielding is so abysmal that they are DHs. unless they can somehow move giambi, where does bonds fit into this lineup?

[/ QUOTE ]

giambi, meet bench. hello JD most expensive 4th OF in baseball history.

sublime 10-29-2007 10:35 PM

re: nathan

he will be 34 in 09 and 35 in 10

be careful what you wish for.

onlinebeginner 10-29-2007 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it'd only be for one season...and mariano is regarded as the best ever... it's not that big of a sacrafice since it's only one year

sublime 10-29-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it'd only be for one season...and mariano is regarded as the best ever... it's not that big of a sacrafice since it's only one year

[/ QUOTE ]

so the NY will have two relievers that cost them over 20m a season in 08. nice.

also why is anybody thinking rivera is going to sign a two year deal? did he actually say that? if he didnt, then its a moronic assumption.