Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Average Speed XVII Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464155)

Nicholasp27 08-10-2007 10:36 AM

Re: Average Speed XVII Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Nich dropped in w/o saying a word to vote Fmx for dual wagons and got lynched

[/ QUOTE ]

if that is the reason, then those people fail at POG...i am the biggest supporter of dual-wagons...so it's not wolfy for me to vote solely to help create a 2nd viable wagon...sure, i can do it as a wolf as well, but then that just makes it a no-tell move; but to say it's wolfy when I do it is horrid

DustinG 08-10-2007 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dustin:

you can't be so simpleminded to assume that voting the second wagon in that situation is the most wolfy thing you can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that it was. I said voting for the 2nd wagon for sole purpose of voting the 2nd wagon is bad villaging.

If you're voting for the 2nd wagon just to try and seek reactions, then thats no different than claiming wolf for reactions, which I've been villified over many times.

RAPT0R CHRIST 08-10-2007 11:28 AM

as you should have realized by now, claiming wolf puts no pressure on wolves. starting a bandwagon opposite a wolf bandwagon (or villager bandwagon, or seer bandwagon) puts pressure on wolves. the only thing wolves feel is when you vote them. everything else, they can ignore, especially useless wolf-claiming.

[ QUOTE ]
I said voting for the 2nd wagon for sole purpose of voting the 2nd wagon is bad villaging.

[/ QUOTE ]
the sooner you realize the huge fallacy contained in this statement, the better you will become.

clowntable 08-10-2007 11:31 AM

There is no fallacy in that statement. If you're villager, vote who you think is a wolf. If every villager does that we'd have way less problems.

DustinG 08-10-2007 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no fallacy in that statement. If you're villager, vote who you think is a wolf. If every villager does that we'd have way less problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes you have to lynch people who are just screwing around and not really villaging so they dont get lynched later when it really matters.....

clowntable 08-10-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes you have to lynch people who are just screwing around and not really villaging so they dont get later when it really matters.....

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree

Nez477 08-10-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes you have to lynch people who are just screwing around and not really villaging so they dont get lynched later when it really matters.....

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true for SOME players, not all of them IMO

Neil S 08-10-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think this makes much sense in the context of full-game strategy. Basically you're saying you're smarter than everyone else, and you don't trust your team to make the right decision, so you want to deliberately make a wrong decision now...

metsandfinsfan 08-10-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think this makes much sense in the context of full-game strategy. Basically you're saying you're smarter than everyone else, and you don't trust your team to make the right decision, so you want to deliberately make a wrong decision now...

[/ QUOTE ]

no he is saying that the wolves will keep the nonhelping idiots alive and will get them lynched later. the idiots can be either wolves or villagers, but either way they are not helping or following so it is worth the coinflip

i dont 100% agree, but part of me definitely does

DustinG 08-10-2007 12:29 PM

Having clowntable around at must lynch would have been horrible- not only because he could have gotten lynched, but because he wanted to lynch me, Lastchance, etc