Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Don't come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534814)

Gib 11-11-2007 05:56 PM

Re: Don\'t come home until u is sobern! (NC Thread)

Aaron,

Against the right opp u can fold Hand #5
Hand #9 u rly should b/f unless u think the guy is prone to bluff raise.

Rest look fine, however Hand #3 is opp dependent, some players may raise as a bluff there or with a T. The flush that came in is scary as well, against some players I'll call others I fold. Against an unknown imo I think it's closer to a fold than a call.

Aaron W. 11-11-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would take a pretty solid read before I fold to a donk on the river with top two. The reason is that there are a bunch of other hands like JT/QT and even T9 that might feel as if their hand is good. If he check-raised the river, then I'd be much more inclined to fold.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #9 u rly should b/f unless u think the guy is prone to bluff raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. By that point in the session, I was not going to bet-fold properly and would have ended up bet-calling. So I check-called to decrease the size of my mistake (given the action and my perception of villain's play). It was right around that time that I decided to quit for the evening.

[ QUOTE ]
Rest look fine, however Hand #3 is opp dependent, some players may raise as a bluff there or with a T. The flush that came in is scary as well, against some players I'll call others I fold. Against an unknown imo I think it's closer to a fold than a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a blind battle against an unknown, I'm showing it down, especially because it's 66x, not JJx.

Gib 11-11-2007 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would take a pretty solid read before I fold to a donk on the river with top two. The reason is that there are a bunch of other hands like JT/QT and even T9 that might feel as if their hand is good. If he check-raised the river, then I'd be much more inclined to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but the type of player I'm talking about is often too scared of the possibility of a straight to donk, but i do admit I misread the action on the flop, since he raised the flop & we 3bet him on a Q hi flop I'm more inclined to call. My initial remark regarding this hand would be based on a LP who called down from the flop (u know the type that will peel ne flop with ne single oc)

Gib 11-11-2007 10:25 PM

Hey Ozi, just 1 more wicket to go! Hope that rain stays away [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

00Snitch 11-11-2007 10:31 PM

I can see the gabba from work, no rain on the horizon atm.

Gib 11-11-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see the gabba from work, no rain on the horizon atm.

[/ QUOTE ]
woohoo!

Oh btw I will be @ the Gabba for the 1st One dayer!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

00Snitch 11-11-2007 10:38 PM

zomg sweet. let me know when you come and we'll go pwn some pokah noobs at the casion.

Gib 11-11-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
zomg sweet. let me know when you come and we'll go pwn some pokah noobs at the casion.

[/ QUOTE ]
will do, I'll be up there between late Jan/early Feb. Going from Tassie temps straight into QLD weather is going to be an experience! I might have to invest in one of those ice pack vests lol!

Woohoo, we just won! lol @ Murali's batting style, tho it is entertaining if he gets onto one!

00Snitch 11-11-2007 11:00 PM

nah, its only 35-40 degrees in late Jan, you'll be fine. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Gib 11-11-2007 11:12 PM

ruh-roh!

1st thing ima do is buy a kiddie pool & a carton of XXXX!