Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Read this before starting a "Who Do I pick in Survivor" Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497753)

Headhunter13 11-20-2007 10:53 AM

Re: Read this before starting a \"Who Do I pick in Survivor\" Thread

DK .. I think AZ is your best option there. SF is looking horrible.

I've used NE, DAL, GB, BAL, SEA, INDY, NYG, CHI, TB, BUF and WAS.

I still have PIT left (no one else does) and obviously they are an attractive pick vs. MIA this week. However, I'm considering going with AZ (hosting SF) this week and saving the PIT selection for next week vs. CIN. Thoughts?

Also, as I look ahead to week 13, what games jump out at you? It looks like the toughest week:

SF @ CAR
CIN @ PIT
ATL @ STL

Thanks,
--Headhunter

grando 11-20-2007 12:15 PM

your whole league is gonna pick AZ, so you should probably find a different pick

34TheTruth34 11-20-2007 09:20 PM

Extra kudos this week to anyone who picks Arizona over SF and who also had SF over Arizona week 1. It sounds cliche, but you really don't know who's going to be good in this league week in and week out.

DonkeyKongSr 11-26-2007 02:14 PM

Damn, out of the 3 remaining people, 2 of us picked AZ and the other picked Indy after saving it all season. Oh well. Tied for second.

Tyler Durden 11-27-2007 10:52 AM

I survived Week 12 thanks to the Colts' victory over Atlanta on Turkey Night. We're down to 74 of the 3,102 that started. Five thousand dollars for the winner. I've used PIT, BAL, NE, DAL, TEN, SD, NO, NYG, WAS, SEA, GB, IND. Week 13 looks really tough (I can pick either team in the following matchups):

Jets at Dolphins
Falcons at Rams
Browns at Cardinals
Lions at Vikings
49ers at Panthers
Broncos at Raiders

These aren't all of my possible picks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

tdarko 11-27-2007 02:45 PM

I don't post much in this thread but I need some advice--JoA has told me his thoughts already, now I need yours.

I just counted, 206 people entered in my pool @ $20 a piece which =$4120 for the total prize (winner take all).

After week 12 there are 2 of us remaining. The other remaining player asked to chop the pot, so $2060 a piece.

He is asking to chop b/c I have an advantage w/ my remaining teams--I haven't used Indy or GB yet and he has.

Here are the teams we have picked so far:

Him----- Me

Sea----- Pit
Dal----- Chi
Bal----- NE
Ind----- Dal
Ten----- Ten
SD----- SD
NYG----- NO
NE----- NYG
Pit----- Was
GB----- Sea
Phi----- Phi
Jax----- Jax

My decision is pretty clear to continue right, no way I chop?

Also, what do you guys think about picking Indy at home against Jax this week?

Tyler Durden 11-27-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't post much in this thread but I need some advice--JoA has told me his thoughts already, now I need yours.

I just counted, 206 people entered in my pool @ $20 a piece which =$4120 for the total prize (winner take all).

After week 12 there are 2 of us remaining. The other remaining player asked to chop the pot, so $2060 a piece.

He is asking to chop b/c I have an advantage w/ my remaining teams--I haven't used Indy or GB yet and he has.

Here are the teams we have picked so far:

Him----- Me

Sea----- Pit
Dal----- Chi
Bal----- NE
Ind----- Dal
Ten----- Ten
SD----- SD
NYG----- NO
NE----- NYG
Pit----- Was
GB----- Sea
Phi----- Phi
Jax----- Jax

My decision is pretty clear to continue right, no way I chop?

Also, what do you guys think about picking Indy at home against Jax this week?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you shouldn't chop. Play on! Indy is not a bad pick but I won't be surprised if they lose. The Broncos in Oakland may be a better pick. Same w/ the Rams at home vs. Atlanta.

DonkeyKongSr 11-27-2007 04:05 PM

I'd go with $1000 or $1500 each with the rest still on the table. I don't like a $4210 or nothing option, especially with your possible choices this week.

Tyler Durden 11-27-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd go with $1000 or $1500 each with the rest still on the table. I don't like a $4210 or nothing option, especially with your possible choices this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like this better.

Anyone have advice for me on this weekend's games? TIA.

tdarko 11-27-2007 04:10 PM

DK- I like that. TY