Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222300)

spoohunter 09-28-2006 01:36 PM

Re: Ask Degen Anything About Living In Thailand

So what do you do for the first week or two when you are trying to find an apartment or house? Stay in a hotel?

Farfenugen 09-28-2006 01:49 PM

Has the question of whether online poker is legal, and if not, what happens if you get caught ever answered?

TIEdup14 09-28-2006 01:57 PM

How much would it cost to vacation there for a month or so? Please include airfare [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

09-28-2006 02:18 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

dinopoker 09-28-2006 03:09 PM

Can you get Diet Coke over there? I was in Columbia and all they had was "coca-cola light", which tasted pretty awful. Can you get the good stuff sweetened with aspertame over there?

beats 09-28-2006 03:59 PM

Nice thread Degen. Looks like you'll be back after I leave so I won't get to school you on the golf course [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] hehe..

Anyway, here's my two baht:

I've been living here in Thailand for 2 years now. It's been fun. Nightlife is off the hook. There are huge clubs in RCA and all kinds of stuff to do. Movie theaters are excellent. Gold class theaters are unforgettable and have totally ruined any theaters in San Francisco for me! LOL.. The cost of living is great. I've saved money, golfed like 50 times this year, had massages once a week, live in a upscale condo in downtown Bangkok with a park view and have traveled all over the country. There are a lot of good things about being in the country even if you have to do visa runs and deal with downsides like pollution and other dirtyness. Overall the plusses outweigh the minuses. I do miss the redwoods and fresh air but I also admit that I spend most of my time in the City.

I have been coming here on and off for 6 years and things have changed quite a bit. Bar closing time is 1am these days in most areas. Visa rules seem to be up in the air and possibly getting more restrictive. thaivisa.com has tons of info on that. Looks like there are ways around it if you just get a tourist visa and then do a few border runs etc.

If anyone is considering taking the long trip. DO IT. Read up on StickmanBangkok.com for some good info too. Party with Degen in BKK... priceless!

PokerFink 09-28-2006 04:25 PM

Why is Bangkok abbreviated BKK instead of BK? Or am I missing something?

Farfenugen 09-28-2006 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Bangkok abbreviated BKK instead of BK? Or am I missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its so nobody confuses it with Burger King.

daryn 09-28-2006 04:33 PM

coke light is awesome

PurpleLight 09-28-2006 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, aren't you the guy that gives her a set allowance, and any further decisions must be approved by you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oy vey, exaggerated. I take a set percentage from her check each week because I'm responsible for paying ALL the bills that come in.

She gets to have some money that is "hers" that she can spend however she wishes, and her monetary contribution towards the bills is not even close to covering 50% of expenses, so I think I'm more than fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between this and the fact you have a violence fetish that you want to explore with young Asian girls WHILE there with your wife, really makes you a despicable human being.

Fsck morality, hey?