Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   How to use VBulletin (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557168)

Praxising 11-29-2007 11:11 PM

Re: How to use VBulletin

<font color="red">BE NOT AFRAID!!</font>

You will love vB. So seriously. So easy. Imagine just clicking a link in a post, getting back to the OP, grab some comment, and return to the one you are answering. Sound difficult? Nope, so easy. Great features.

It's just like a new game to play and in a few weeks you will think of this as a creaky dinosaur. Playing with the graphics alone in a post will make your week.

But I'd like to propose a completely new structure, where does THAT get posted? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CrazyEyez 11-30-2007 01:20 AM

I saw a vb thread somewhere that had invisible spoiler text, w/ a button in the post that you pushed to make the text visible. Neato.

The Man Mulcahey 11-30-2007 01:37 AM

Every month, some nub in BBV4L decides to make a post where they tell us not to watch this video, and link to a thread in a football forum on a different site outlining this video where some guy does something involving a hatchet and his nether regions. The point of the anecdote is, people have spoiler warnings on that site where they have a button embedded in their post that says "Spoiler" and when you click it, it unhides the spoiler part of their post.

Alright, you caught me. The real reason for this post was to complain about the two girls one cup/nullo/tub girl OPs in BBV4L. Can we make those links censored or something? It's getting annoying.

RoundTower 11-30-2007 03:10 AM

will the search function work? It is quite costly in terms of performance on big forums so some forums disable it. Will this happen on 2+2?

RoundTower 11-30-2007 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a screenshot w/ the ported infopop skin. It's not the default anymore, but hopefully it assuage some of you who are scared of change.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8...oforom2.th.png

[/ QUOTE ]
getting the last post in the Sklansky Forum = having your name permanently on the front page of the site. Congrats Jeff76!

Josem 11-30-2007 04:47 AM

i have ie6, and regardless of what text size i tell it to display (small v large v medium etc.) it is all hte same on 2p2.

please fix this.

apefish 11-30-2007 05:15 AM

confirm/deny rumor that clothing on female pics will be more seethru with the new software? thanks.

DHV Champ 11-30-2007 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What I like about UBB is it's simplicity ... I guess I just want to read and respond to posts. I'm not interested in sending thousands of PM's, having animated avatars, etc, etc ...

[/ QUOTE ]

ama0330 11-30-2007 07:20 AM

Everyone hating on vB hasnt used the beta. Trust me it is awesome, and everyone whining about "no change pls" has herpes.

ConstantineX 11-30-2007 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone hating on vB hasnt used the beta. Trust me it is awesome, and everyone whining about "no change pls" has herpes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz to be sexing you

bozzer 11-30-2007 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is the beta only available to mods?

SamIAm 11-30-2007 09:04 AM

[quote=bozzer]is the beta only available to mods? [/quote ]
Of course not. [spoiler]Admins got access, too.[/spoiler]

Doc T River 11-30-2007 09:20 AM

You know anyone can see how many posts we have done so I think it would be cool if vB would enable us to give ourselves our own titles instead of getting one based on our post count or being given an individual one by the higher ups.

I asked this in another thread (there are too many of them dealing with vB by the way) but is there anything I need to do on my end to make the connecting to the forum, for the first time after the change, easier?

BradleyT 11-30-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know anyone can see how many posts we have done so I think it would be cool if vB would enable us to give ourselves our own titles instead of getting one based on our post count or being given an individual one by the higher ups.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitepoints vBulletin allows you to choose your own title - so it is possible but maybe not out of the box.

Once the forum is running smoothly please have someone find some cool vBulletin hacks to install.

TheMetetron 11-30-2007 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitepoints vBulletin allows you to choose your own title - so it is possible but maybe not out of the box.

Once the forum is running smoothly please have someone find some cool vBulletin hacks to install.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is out of the box. Don't think mods won't to deal with monitoring them to make sure they are okay though. Probably won't be enabled though location fields are essentially the same thing. Also allows things like "Poker Stars Support" or something in the title and everyone knows it is legit.

THEOSU 11-30-2007 10:49 AM

mods,

you're all building us up, so it's bound to be disappointing. the key is to keep expectations low, baby.

derosnec 11-30-2007 11:02 AM

i've been a long time member of www.avsforum.com, which uses vb and it's easy to use.

that said, i still prefer ubb (not that it matters), especially for 2+2, where threads can become large quickly.

Tony_P 11-30-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is out of the box. Don't think mods won't to deal with monitoring them to make sure they are okay though. Probably won't be enabled though location fields are essentially the same thing. Also allows things like "Poker Stars Support" or something in the title and everyone knows it is legit.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was already stated in one of the other VB threads that mods will no longer be able to change titles, only admins

Can any green confirm?

entertainme 11-30-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It was already stated in one of the other VB threads that mods will no longer be able to change titles, only admins

Can any green confirm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Confirmed

Ryan Beal 11-30-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This ability is available but won't be enabled for regular members right off. We may reconsider eventually.

Finding cool hacks is something I like doing, and we have several installed for this. Trying to keep the number low until we're on our way, though.

Mischman 11-30-2007 05:27 PM

How long is the forum expected to be down?

Ryan Beal 11-30-2007 05:30 PM

Early morning through early afternoon is the official word on this. We've done a number of tests to confirm timings. I think people should expect the forums to be up sometime around noon.

tuq 11-30-2007 05:31 PM

Ryan,

"I think people should expect the forums to be up sometime around noon."

Which time zone? I need to plan my day.

Ryan Beal 11-30-2007 05:31 PM

Eastern

But consider that my unofficial assessment.

tuq 11-30-2007 05:33 PM

Sweet. That's 10AM my time. I may not have to go outside after all.

Borodog 11-30-2007 05:38 PM

This is gonna end like the end of The Mist imo.

CrazyEyez 11-30-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Where's that vB spoiler text?

tuq 11-30-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You got banned at the end of The Mist? Must have been an alternate ending.

StevieG 11-30-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all up in ur blue pages

hitch1978 11-30-2007 07:09 PM

Noob question - (But I am a PC noob)

Do I actually have to DO anything? Will the bookmark I have still work? Will I still log-in auto? etc...

CrazyEyez 11-30-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Noob question - (But I am a PC noob)

Do I actually have to DO anything? Will the bookmark I have still work? Will I still log-in auto? etc...

[/ QUOTE ]
Just sit back, relax, and let the sights and sounds of 2+2 II take you away to a better place.

Smell The Glove 11-30-2007 07:48 PM

So how do I use VBulletin?

StevieG 11-30-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how do I use VBulletin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Browse a few threads over beer, start making replies.

Start a few of your own threads and get your post count up.

Don't call in the morning.

bozzer 11-30-2007 08:48 PM

ok 2 questions that have been asked before but i can't find where?

- how recent do threads have to be to get ported over?
- are we still having the same title system (pooh-bah etc)?

MrWookie 11-30-2007 09:09 PM

60 days old or less
Not totally sure. There was talk of adding/changing some, but I'm not sure where that fully went. Most titles should stay the same, though.

apefish 12-01-2007 02:19 AM

edit: never mind I reread it.

my planned bumping spree dreams are dashed.

renodoc 12-01-2007 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The decision to change to VBulletin was made months ago. Since that time, Chuck, Ryan and several mods have put in countless hours and spent significant money to get VBulletin ready. The switch is a done deal and those complaining are spitting into the wind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iron, you should go work for CMS (Center for Medicare Services) this is about the exact answer I received from them about trying to get their new regions changed so Nevada would not be lumped in with California.

Almost verbatim (although they left the spitting in the wind part out)

StevieG 12-01-2007 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Iron, you should go work for CMS (Center for Medicare Services) this is about the exact answer I received from them about trying to get their new regions changed so Nevada would not be lumped in with California.

[/ QUOTE ]

sick burn?

kerowo 12-01-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sick burn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably just routine medical care for an aging parent.

TheIrishThug 12-01-2007 07:10 PM

Please transfer the TwoPlusTwo skin to the new forum.