Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL [cheese] thread: NOV Pt 2 (nc) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548172)

Imrahil 11-17-2007 03:10 PM

Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: NOV Pt 2 (nc)

[ QUOTE ]
blah down $1000 in like 700 hands of 1/2 and 2/4 today, just missing everything, get no cards and getting run over. Going shopping now to spend some serious cash...and then come back and earn some more at the tables. I might not make $30k on the month anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love spending money on losing days.

Daddy Warbucks 11-17-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huh? You're never that happy hitting your A because you can't take a lot of heat, and having 9 as your TP is even uglier. You're then counting on flopping your nut draw, and you'll have to either give up on a big pot or bluff a lot of rivers when you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

the idea is that in a multiway pot you can win hudge monies with a flush - but obviously this will not happen very often, so you cannot afford to put a lot of money in pf (no calling pfrrs for example)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, we were talking about 2 different things, i was talking specifically about calling 3 bets with hands like that.

Shizzle12345 11-17-2007 03:16 PM

Yes... but he was really aiming for me with his 3bets, because i was playing pretty loose. Plus i had position, so A9 is ahead of his range. I mean, if you call with AJ why not with A9? I think im pretty happy with that hand since the 44 hand happened like 12 minutes earlier, and entire gtable was commenting how i was a station. (please get out of this discussion if you never call 3bets with AJ ip from heavy squeezer).

Daddy Warbucks 11-17-2007 03:17 PM

It's not about being ahead of his range, its about playing postflop and not having betting initiative. You're really only thinking on one street.

[ QUOTE ]
(please get out of this discussion if you never call 3bets with AJ ip from heavy squeezer).

[/ QUOTE ]

You say this like its a bad thing.

Shizzle12345 11-17-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not about being ahead of his range, its about playing postflop and not having betting initiative. You're really only thinking on one street.

[ QUOTE ]
(please get out of this discussion if you never call 3bets with AJ ip from heavy squeezer).

[/ QUOTE ]

You say this like its a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its not a bad thing, its just a different style of play. And if you never do it, dont come here saying its bad or something. If you play 19/16 you will rarely be 3bet alot in the first place so you never get in those spots in the first place.

The thing is, i have position postflop, this guy is pretty nitty, but does weird stuff once in a while so i liked my hand enough to see a flop with it. And he has been 3betting me a ton preflop on all tables. The board was pretty draw heavy too, so i think flush draws are a pretty big part of his range?

Daddy Warbucks 11-17-2007 03:27 PM

AJ and similar hands have reverse implied odds in 3 bet pots. If you can disagree with this, please explain why.

You're also trying to take a suited Ace rag against a nitty player. You just never flop big enough for this to be a profitable call.

Shizzle12345 11-17-2007 03:39 PM

yes they are bluffcatchers, what hand would you take a stand with then? I dont like 4betting much vs this guy.. A9 seems a good hand to try and take the pot away postflop. He doesnt cbet alot so if he checks i can take it down, or in this catch play it as a bluffcatcher?

And again, this was prolly the 7th or 8th time that he did this in like 10-15 minutes.

Hmm i think i like 4betting him with some trash hand better. hate to do it with a hand like A9.

carrotsnake 11-17-2007 03:54 PM

reverse implied odds are hugely overrated imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], especially in 3 bet pooooots.

Daddy Warbucks 11-17-2007 03:55 PM

So if an A flops and he c-bets, do you fold?

And if somebody is 3 betting me that light, my 4 betting range goes way way wider. Your hand really isn't important.

What site was this btw?

spivey 11-17-2007 04:07 PM

If I call a 3 bet IP with AJ and an A flops, I'm planning to get the monies in.

Xanta 11-17-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get what makes the regs threads appropriate for MSNL but not SSNL?

People who think they're circle jerks can just avoid them, but for mine they were just places where people who played in the same games could talk with each other. I followed the Party thread for a while then the FTP thread, and no feathers were ever rustled in either. I never saw anyone outed involuntarily or anything like that, they were just a bit of fun. They also gave people a venue to discuss site specific issues when they arose. It just strikes me as weird to ban them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm behind this

thac 11-17-2007 04:20 PM

Poker's easy imo

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $95.20
Hero (BB): $312.30
UTG: $209.25
MP: $246.45
CO: $80.75
BTN: $241.30

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $5

Flop: ($15) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $30</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $72</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $233</font>, BTN folds

Results: $159 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and WON $156 (+$77 NET)

keikiwai 11-17-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, if you call with AJ why not with A9?

[/ QUOTE ]

one is ahead of AT, ties w/ AJ and can flop a pair higher than 99 and TT w either card, while the other cannot

Michaelson 11-17-2007 04:27 PM

nh thac

I love it when they raise a certain amount so as obviously not commit themselves.

keikiwai 11-17-2007 04:31 PM

Saturday Hand #1:

You know those times you put a lot of money in with a set and they have the str8, and you're like [censored] they ALWAYS have the str8?

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

MP: $429
CO: $468.85
BTN: $439.60
SB: $378.95
BB: $811.20
keikiwai (UTG): $439.85

Pre-Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif dealt to keikiwai (UTG)
<font color="red">keikiwai raises to $16</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $14, BB folds

Flop: ($36) 5http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif 7http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">keikiwai bets $30</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $72</font>, <font color="red">keikiwai raises to $234</font>, SB calls $162

Turn: ($504) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">keikiwai bets $156</font>, SB calls $128.95 and is All-In

River: ($761.90) 8http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $761.90 Pot ($3 Rake)
SB showed Thttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Tens) and LOST (-$378.95 NET)
keikiwai showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (three of a kind, Fives) and WON $758.90 (+$379.95 NET)

SpecT 11-17-2007 04:35 PM

i dunno if there's been discussion about this, but removing the reg threads was retarded

SpecT 11-17-2007 04:37 PM

retards

FoldEqu1ty 11-17-2007 04:41 PM

1) Thank god I'm running good at 600NL and crap at 200NL, not the other way around

2) Everybody - EVERYBODY - has officially lost their freaking minds. What the [censored] is going on at Party SSNL???? Villain here is 21/16, and this session I am playing - wait for the craziness - 19/10/1 - so obviously I'm raising from UTG+1 light and need to be played back at???? I raised here because I haven't done anything for like 4 orbits.

Party Poker, $3/$6 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

UTG: $652
Hero (MP): $600
CO: $1,957.62
BTN: $922.45
SB: $578.40
BB: $720.60

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $21</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $15

Flop: ($45) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $36</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $119.60</font>, Hero calls $83.60

Turn: ($284.20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $200</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $459.40 and is All-In</font>, BB calls $259.40

River: ($1,203) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $1,203 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pairs, Queens and Nines) and WON $1,200 (+$600 NET)
BB showed 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pairs, Queens and Eights) and LOST (-$600 NET)

Villain: so sick 2day lolol
BomboB: nice call preflop???????
Villain: u raise Q9o lol
BomboB: I HAVE POSITION
Villain: orly?
BomboB: ya rly
guy 2: what is position?
guy 2: what are you guys
BomboB: i did him doggy style
BomboB: [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Michaelson 11-17-2007 04:44 PM

I can't believe you smooth called the flop.

FoldEqu1ty 11-17-2007 04:45 PM

I mean I honestly reckon I could play 15/5/0.5, and still eget 3bet every second open.

SpecT 11-17-2007 04:50 PM

foldequity - pls stop posting coolers where dudes get it in with 2pair or FD+overcards or wateva and be like... LOLOLOL EVERYONE IS CRAZY!!!! sure that dudes preflop call is kinda spewy but he's probably doing that because he knows he can take it away so much with flop c/r (wats ur wwsf again? 30?)

RockRattler 11-17-2007 04:52 PM

lol at guy 2..

my new hero

Xanta 11-17-2007 04:55 PM

FE I think I donked off a whole lot of GBucks last night when I called your shove with JJ in the 3bet pot and we chopped. You play different and for some reason it always turns me into such a station.

FoldEqu1ty 11-17-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
foldequity - pls stop posting coolers where dudes get it in with 2pair or FD+overcards or wateva and be like... LOLOLOL EVERYONE IS CRAZY!!!! sure that dudes preflop call is kinda spewy but he's probably doing that because he knows he can take it away so much with flop c/r (wats ur wwsf again? 30?)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really believe that that's a "cooler", then more power to my style I guess.

I mean what do u think a 19/10's UTG+1 opening range is? How many flops do you think I'm Cbetting with an AF of 1? How much do you think I'm folding if I'm going to 26% of showdowns? How often are my calldowns wrong if I win 58% of them?

IMO, versus my range, this hand is a pure donation, start to finish.

SpecT 11-17-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh.. vs a 19/10 pretty sure the only hands that have him beat there is QQ/99/88 (maybe a 19/10 would limp 88/99 there?) so ya and now count AA/KK/AQ/AKcc and he's crushing a 19/10's allin range there

keikiwai 11-17-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really believe that that's a "cooler", then more power to my style I guess.

I mean what do u think a 19/10's UTG+1 opening range is? How many flops do you think I'm Cbetting with an AF of 1? How much do you think I'm folding if I'm going to 26% of showdowns? How often are my calldowns wrong if I win 58% of them?

[/ QUOTE ]

FE, his point is that pf is bad, ok whatever, he put in a few bucks bad.... the rest of the hand is standard...... it's a very slightly surprising hand, but in no way CWWWWWAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYY

SpecT 11-17-2007 05:06 PM

i'd put a 19/10's utg+1 raising range as like 88+/KQ+ there. so ya i'd be jumping up for joy insta getting it in for 200bb with top and bottom

FoldEqu1ty 11-17-2007 05:17 PM

OK fair point guys I guess I'm still getting used to the aggression, but I still think a lot of it is misplaced. I mean sure, your way ahead of my preflop range there Spect with Top and Bottom, but imo nearly all of the stuff that you beat either folds to the re-raise or checks behind on the flop.

keikiwai 11-17-2007 05:19 PM

Saturday Hand #2

lozls overbetzors

(villain is very agg and will cr this flop very often, do you guys still bet it? - and obv he's agg when checked to)

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

UTG: $491.70
keikiwai (MP): $423.45
CO: $689
BTN: $98.55
SB: $877.95
BB: $437

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Jhttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif dealt to keikiwai (MP)
UTG calls $4, <font color="red">keikiwai raises to $20</font>, 4 folds, UTG calls $16

Flop: ($46) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Khttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, keikiwai checks

Turn: ($46) 2http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $44</font>, keikiwai calls $44

River: ($134) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $212</font>, keikiwai calls $212

Results: $558 Pot ($3 Rake)
UTG showed A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (a pair of Fours) and LOST (-$276 NET)
keikiwai showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Jhttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/diamond.gif (two pair, Jacks and Fours) and WON $555 (+$279 NET)

FoldEqu1ty 11-17-2007 05:23 PM

Wow vnh Keik

Imrahil 11-17-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reverse implied odds are hugely overrated imo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], especially in 3 bet pooooots.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because no one ever thinks you have anything so they go broke w/ QQ on the A82 flop against your A6.

keikiwai 11-17-2007 05:55 PM

lol, i'm so obsessed w not looking at my balance, that i have a bonus i'm working on, and to look at how many fpps i have left, i squint my eyes when i open the cashier, so i can't see my balance, and i only open them fully after clicking on "check bonus status"

Daddy Warbucks 11-17-2007 06:19 PM

Can somebody trade me 200 of my Party money for FTP money? I want to donk around in some micro PLO but Party only has 10 max tables.

SpecT 11-17-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, i'm so obsessed w not looking at my balance, that i have a bonus i'm working on, and to look at how many fpps i have left, i squint my eyes when i open the cashier, so i can't see my balance, and i only open them fully after clicking on "check bonus status"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

keikiwai 11-17-2007 06:28 PM

Hand #3 (that's it for today) Saturday

[censored].... guess i missed some value on the river [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

UTG: $373.90
keikiwai (CO): $400
BTN: $598.30
SB: $396
BB: $431

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to keikiwai (CO)
UTG calls $4, <font color="red">keikiwai raises to $20</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $16

Flop: ($46) Khttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">keikiwai bets $40</font>, UTG calls $40

Turn: ($126) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">keikiwai bets $100</font>, UTG calls $100

River: ($326) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, keikiwai checks

Results: $326 Pot ($2 Rake)
UTG showed Ahttp://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif 5http://www.legopoker.com/hh/images/club.gif (high card Ace) and LOST (-$160 NET)
keikiwai showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (high card Ace) and WON $324 (+$164 NET)

thac 11-17-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same when checking my Iron Man points :P

dirtylobster 11-17-2007 06:43 PM

[x] Standard

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

CO: $24.25
BTN: $112.10
SB: $5.40
Hero (BB): $109.60
UTG: $102.80
MP: $58.10

Pre-Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.40 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $4.40

Flop: ($10.80) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($10.80) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($10.80) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $10.80 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
SB showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and LOST (-$5.40 NET)
Hero showed 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Sevens) and WON $10.30 (+$4.90 NET)

carrotsnake 11-17-2007 06:44 PM

hmm, are you saying I went broke to you with QQ imrahil ? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I do not recall this if so [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Daddy Warbucks 11-17-2007 06:45 PM

I think it was the other way round. He had QQ.

pr0crast 11-17-2007 06:50 PM

[censored] one outered

Grabbed by Realtime
NL Holdem $2(BB) Cake Poker Game#1321011475000469

<font color="black">BB ($344.10)
<font color="black">UTG ($200)
<font color="black">UTG+1 ($95.05)
<font color="red">Hero ($248.35)
<font color="red">CO ($197.10)
<font color="black">BTN ($412.95)

<font color="black">BB posts (SB) $1, <font color="black">UTG posts (BB) $2, <font color="black">, Dealt to potsticka, K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], fold, <font color="red">, Hero raises to $7, <font color="red">call, <font color="black">fold, <font color="black">fold, <font color="black">fold, , <font color="black"> FLOP ($17) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets $12.50
<font color="red">CO calls $12.50
<font color="black">
TURN ($42) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets $25
<font color="red">CO calls $25
<font color="black">
RIVER ($92) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero bets $31
<font color="red">CO raises to $75
<font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $172.85
<font color="red">CO calls all-in for $77.60
<font color="black">
CO shows J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
(Flop 51.3%, Turn 68.2%)

Hero shows K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
(Flop 48.7%, Turn 31.8%)

CO wins $394.20