Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OFFICIAL NYC Crimson Challenge Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548)

El Diablo 11-05-2005 07:25 AM

Re: OFFICIAL NYC Crimson Challenge Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some stores and most Diners. They would be like 5x the price of raw eggs

[/ QUOTE ]
I am definitely doing this. Diablo is in charge of financing and he seems okay with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the F are you NYC guys such bitches? You are worrying about whether or not you are going to get paid back for eggs? How about you just go buy some goddamn eggs and if you want, ask the fifty poker players who should be there to give you some money. You guys must be a hoot to go drinking with.

wacki 11-05-2005 08:04 AM

Maybe evan doesn't know how to peel an egg. I know I hated peeling eggs before I learned the cold water/rolling hands trick.

Why doesn't the guy that is accepting the egg challenge cook his own eggs? Seriously, not that hard. Just make sure you agree on the egg size.

BearHustler 11-05-2005 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just make sure you agree on the egg size.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be kinda funny if Evan showed up with 50 ostridge eggs.

ethan 11-05-2005 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am definitely doing this. Diablo is in charge of financing and he seems okay with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the F are you NYC guys such bitches? You are worrying about whether or not you are going to get paid back for eggs? How about you just go buy some goddamn eggs and if you want, ask the fifty poker players who should be there to give you some money. You guys must be a hoot to go drinking with.

[/ QUOTE ]

50 eggs is...$5? If you buy them hard-boiled then $25, I guess, but if the $20 is important it's not _that_ hard to save that cash.

A fair number of my friends are reasonably close to broke most of the time, and whenever we go out as a group for dinner/drinks the money people throw in is consistently more than bill+tip. If _they_ can pay up, then 19-year-olds clearing $250/hour can probably cover an egg or two.

Also, if there's a Prop-Bet-Club in LA, I can take video. I can also bring a pretty good camera for stills if there's interest.

Razor 11-05-2005 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe evan doesn't know how to peel an egg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the eggs need to be peeled? Is there something about this challenge I missed?

Tony_P 11-05-2005 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the eggs need to be peeled? Is there something about this challenge I missed?

[/ QUOTE ]

The condition of the guy who is doing the challange is that they be already peeled.

Evan 11-05-2005 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Jeez, relax homie.

Emmitt2222 11-05-2005 12:34 PM

Bring them unpeeled and then a bunch of us can peel them real quick while we watch one of the challenges. It will go really quick with a bunch of us peeling. And don't worry, if I don't showup [I'm trying my absolute hardest I promise] I will compensate you for double what the eggs were worth.

Evan 11-05-2005 12:40 PM

If you can buy hard boiled eggs I'm sure you can buy peeled hard boiled eggs. It's not going to be an area conducive to a bunch of people peeling hard boiled eggs.

Razor 11-05-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The condition of the guy who is doing the challange is that they be already peeled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I missed the part where the guy started wimping out on this challenge.

Emmitt2222 11-05-2005 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this is a joke. I don't think you realize the pace you have to keep to eat 50 eggs in 1 hour. I am not that great a speed eater so it will take me every second. Plus, this is the Cool Hand Luke Challenge. Go watch the freakin movie. Peeling the eggs just adds an unneccessary challenge that makes this even more impossible than it already is.

Evan 11-05-2005 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop being a dumbass. No one gives a [censored] about how good he is a peeling eggs.

P.Dirty 11-05-2005 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You live in Carlyle, right (or is that someone else)?
Go to Toasties and see if they'll make them for you

[/ QUOTE ]

tony p, are you nyu?

Razor 11-05-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop being a dumbass. No one gives a [censored] about how good he is a peeling eggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, This challenge isn't what I thought it was... you can ignore my comments.

Tony_P 11-05-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You live in Carlyle, right (or is that someone else)?
Go to Toasties and see if they'll make them for you

[/ QUOTE ]

tony p, are you nyu?

[/ QUOTE ]

No Sir. but my ex-gf is, and I also worked in Union Square for 5 years, so I know the neighboorhood.

P.Dirty 11-05-2005 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can buy hard boiled eggs I'm sure you can buy peeled hard boiled eggs. It's not going to be an area conducive to a bunch of people peeling hard boiled eggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan, a dozen large eggs are 99 cents at food emporium. gogogo!

Brain 11-05-2005 05:16 PM

I don't think it's close to the park, but any chance of you guys messing with the marathon tomorrow?

El Diablo 11-05-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? What area is not conducive to peeling eggs?

BTW, I'm not sure where you would buy them peeled. I figured you would know of local bars/bodegas that have 20 hard-boiled eggs sitting on the counter and would be willing to sell them all to you cheap.

I'd say just peel 10-20, and just have people there peeling at a rate such that there are always 5 or so peeled eggs in reserve.

El Diablo 11-05-2005 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if I don't showup [I'm trying my absolute hardest I promise] I will compensate you for double what the eggs were worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Emmitt is unable to make it, Tony can take this challenge on after attempting the other two challenges. If soy sauce and butter have been completed for at least half-bottle and 2 sticks, $25/50/150 egg payment will go to $50/75/200. This is only applicable if Emmmitt does not show up. No interest in two egg challenges. Well, actually, if Emmitt gives up at less than 24, anyone else is welcome to attempt the egg challenge for 24 eggs (or 50 if more eggs can be rapidly obtained).

Evan 11-05-2005 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF? What area is not conducive to peeling eggs?

[/ QUOTE ]
As I understand it, the best way to peel eggs is to roll them on a flat surface to crack the shell off. The tables at Shake Shack likely aren't maintained at the level I'd like them to be before I ate food that was rolled around on them. That being said, I'm not the one eating the eggs.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I'm not sure where you would buy them peeled. I figured you would know of local bars/bodegas that have 20 hard-boiled eggs sitting on the counter and would be willing to sell them all to you cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I figured I'd call up a deli in the morning and tell them I needed 50 hard boiled eggs peeled by 2:00. I doubt they'd object to peeling them if I gave ample notice.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say just peel 10-20, and just have people there peeling at a rate such that there are always 5 or so peeled eggs in reserve.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems reasonable. I wasn't really utilizing my man power very well, I guess.

Emmitt2222 11-05-2005 08:11 PM

Less than 24 hours till challenges are underway!

http://www.openheaven.org/data/openh...ke_50_eggs.jpg

Let's get PUMPED!

Tony_P 11-05-2005 08:42 PM

I'm not doing the eggs

MattSuspect 11-05-2005 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not doing the eggs

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT THE [censored] WAS ALL THAT NOISE>! Anyone in NYC no what the hell just happened?

Tony_P 11-05-2005 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not doing the eggs

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT THE [censored] WAS ALL THAT NOISE>! Anyone in NYC no what the hell just happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] for real?

cokehead 11-05-2005 09:00 PM

WWIII?

MattSuspect 11-05-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WWIII?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently I'm the only one who heard it. Everyone have spoke to hasn't. I'm on the UWS and it was [censored] scary.

Tony_P 11-05-2005 09:11 PM

Drugs are bad, hmkay?

bad beetz 11-05-2005 09:41 PM

I would never fight beetljuice. 20 lb monkey, fine. Beetlejuice? no.

Crimson 11-05-2005 09:42 PM

Where are you gonna get a monkey? They are like 5K

voltron. 11-05-2005 09:44 PM

do i have to bring my own milk? someone pm me and tell me before 11am tomorrow morning and just clarify. i have zero problems bringing it or getting something for someone else. i am bringing a cooler with ice. and where exactly are we meeting? riverside park is kinda big. im going out to dinner so someone pm me answers, im not going to dig out and check the thread. looking forward to it.

Tony_P 11-05-2005 09:49 PM

Riverside? I thought Madison was decided on????

Stuey 11-05-2005 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would never fight beetljuice. 20 lb monkey, fine. Beetlejuice? no.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get have a choice to fight or not if beetljuice wants to fight he just attacks!

bad beetz 11-05-2005 09:52 PM

Gumball Rally?

I would like a 2+2 Gumball rally. Get from point A to B fastest in an automobile. I have always wanted to participate in something like this ever since that wonderful man Burt Reynolds mad "Cannonball Run" Burt Reynolds is the [censored]. He's the f cu ing man! YES! AHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!

seriously. Gumball rally. think about it. think about it. love it.

voltron. 11-05-2005 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Riverside? I thought Madison was decided on????

[/ QUOTE ]

i am out of the loop. someone PM me the right place and a couple phone #s for good measure.

bad beetz 11-05-2005 09:55 PM

you don't talk [censored] to beetlejuice. that guy got what he had coming. I mean, look at his freakin bug eyes for Christ sakes!

Did you see that punch? That's a good azz beetlejuice punch to the dome!!!! He's crazy.

I remember a scene on the howard stern show when they tried to get him to say "my name is beetlejuice" and he kept saying "this is beetlejuice" and it went on for 30 minutes and beer came out of my nose and i laughed so hard I almost barfed.

bad beetz 11-05-2005 09:57 PM

I know a guy.

Evan 11-05-2005 10:13 PM

I'm taking care of all suplies, including your milk.

Madison Sq Park, not riverside. Right by Shake Shack on the south east corner.

I'll pm you my number.

El Diablo 11-06-2005 01:12 AM

BTW, Shake Shack rules.

Evan 11-06-2005 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Shake Shack rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know. I had never been there until I went with Dave a couple weeks ago. That was the main reason I went with Madison Sq. instead of Riverside.

The DaveR 11-06-2005 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Shake Shack rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, anyone who completes their challenge, I'll buy them whatever they want from The Shack.