Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **Atlanta Braves offseason thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547080)

rwperu34 11-19-2007 11:40 PM

Re: **Atlanta Braves offseason thread

I ran the analysis of Anderson's batted ball data, and his AAA season was almost exactly the same as his AA season. If he hit the MLB average on BABIP on GB, FB, and LD, his BA would have been .301. Adust the rest of his numbers accordingly. A left handed speedster that hits 60% of his balls on the ground is hardly a bad thing.

rwperu34 11-19-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another side benefit, if Anderson runs hot for a couple of months, his value can skyrocket and HE could be the main peice to trade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of ignored almost all of your post once I saw you making the same mistakes, but lmfao, I caught this when reading that new post right above me. Dude, I used to think you were a good poster. Now I know you're just another dude I can waste my time on and not take seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your contention? Is it that Josh Anderson can't run hot for three months and look like Juan Pierre or that no GM would pay a big bounty for a $400k Juan Pierre under control for five more years?

rwperu34 11-20-2007 02:55 AM

I redid the math to adjust for rounding and factored in Anderson's major league numbers. His 2007 line would translate to .298/.343/.363 if he can mantain his batted ball rates (~13%K, ~6%BB, ~60%GB, ~16%LD, ~24%FB).

It's a new toy, so I ran one up for Richar as well. It came out to .295/.365/.488. His rates were nearly identical in all three stops. The real question is, will he be able to mantain the power? He hit 19 bombs in 587 AB in 2007, and his HR/FB rate was consistent at every spot. The Cell is a pretty good HR environment, so I stand corrected. Richar has a good chance to be an above average regular at 2B and should project at least as good as Uribe offensively, most likely better. This means the defense has to come into play in the Richar vs Uribe debate. It wouldn't be a terrible idea to have Richar be the 4th infielder, effectively backing up 2b, 3b, and ss. He's a left handed batter, and all the other infielders are right handed, so he could easily get 350 PA as a backup.

Vyse 11-20-2007 12:26 PM

You must've done something wrong / smoked something a little too hard to come up with an MLB translation for Richar that blows away anything he's ever approached in the minors, either that or I'm way too high to interpret what you said right now.

rwperu34 11-20-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You must've done something wrong / smoked something a little too hard to come up with an MLB translation for Richar that blows away anything he's ever approached in the minors, either that or I'm way too high to interpret what you said right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I did something wrong. I've got it into Excell now so I shouldn't be able to [censored] it up anymore. Now Richar looks a lot more reaonable at ..280/.336/.473.

Anderson didn't look quite as funky to me but he was messed up as well. The new line for him would be .272/.320/.343. That's more in line with a 4th OF.

Borgland 11-25-2007 03:07 AM

Looks like Shaffer might get a shot at center. So young but so was Druw.

Borgland 11-25-2007 03:13 AM

And hopefully a overrated legend in his own mind, stat geek who thinks his opinion is the be all, end all, who never suited up for a game in his life troll, his multi-accounts, his buddies, and his buddies multi-gimmicks dont crap in this thread anymore. Braves fans tyvm.

Vyse 11-25-2007 03:15 AM

didn't you ignore me or something?

Borgland 11-25-2007 03:27 AM

Whatever you said make sure your multi-accounts, buddies, and buddie's multi-accounts come in here and back you up. Meanwhile I'll try to decide if you're worthy or not to scrape of the bottom of my shoe and unignore your ignorance. Or not. Yeah, probably not.

After that, try to grow some testicles bud. You could use them (PM someone for instrutions).

Vyse 11-25-2007 03:36 AM

grow some testicles? uhhh okay.

Teach me how to be a big bad man online. I'm sure you're good at that.

Trust me, there's not a thing I say online that I don't say or would have any problem saying in real life. I'm in So Cal bud. How would a real man handle this? Teach me the ways.

Borgland 11-25-2007 04:15 AM

OMFG! Somebody just told me you went the "internet tough guy" route on me. Even provided a location. LOL, pussies like you are priceless, so balla. Not even going to bother checking what you wrote tough guy.

Lose credibility much or does it with come attacking random fans while providing nothing of substance until called to the mat? hehe.

Vyse 11-25-2007 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not even going to bother checking what you wrote tough guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except you did.

You know, I don't think you're doing a good job of ignoring me. You're supposed to... NOT respond to the person you're supposedly ignoring and made a big deal out of everyone knowing you ignored them.

MEbenhoe 11-25-2007 02:06 PM

vyse/borgland,

please take this personal argument to PMs and stop derailing thread.

Thanks

Borgland 11-28-2007 10:42 PM

Back on topic:

No surprise that Hampton's hurt again.

The competition for the #4 and #5 spot in the rotation is still wide open. I like Chuck James and all but he has got to develop some consistency. Jair Jurrjens(say that 3 times fast), Reyes, and Jeff Bennett are going to strongly compete for those slots. James may be the favorite but he still has a lot to prove. He'll probably be #4 because it's his third year as a starter so that gives him the experience edge. He actually reminds me of Glavine by his demeanor on the mound. Hopefully Glavine helps him out.

rwperu34 11-28-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back on topic:

No surprise that Hampton's hurt again.

The competition for the #4 and #5 spot in the rotation is still wide open. I like Chuck James and all but he has got to develop some consistency. Jair Jurrjens(say that 3 times fast), Reyes, and Jeff Bennett are going to strongly compete for those slots. James may be the favorite but he still has a lot to prove. He'll probably be #4 because it's his third year as a starter so that gives him the experience edge. He actually reminds me of Glavine by his demeanor on the mound. Hopefully Glavine helps him out.

[/ QUOTE ]

James is already a good major league pitcher and is a lock to be in the starting rotation. In fact, he'll project to be the teams third best pitcher, although Glavine will take his turn earlier in the rotation. That last spot will be a battle between Reyes and Jurjens, with Reyes a small favorite based on experience. There is no way a guy with Bennett's track record should be taking innings away from big league ready prospects and the Braves are good about this kind of thing. Reyes and Jurjens would need to fail miserably for Bennett to make it. Even then, one or the other might make the team ahead of Bennett.

kyleb 11-28-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And hopefully a overrated legend in his own mind, stat geek who thinks his opinion is the be all, end all, who never suited up for a game in his life troll, his multi-accounts, his buddies, and his buddies multi-gimmicks dont crap in this thread anymore. Braves fans tyvm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played college ball and I have opinions similar to Vyse. I'm also pretty confident we both know 200 times more than you considering your past work in these threads.

Borgland 11-28-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played college ball and I have opinions similar to Vyse. I'm also pretty confident we both know 200 times more than you considering your past work in these threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give it a rest already. If you got nothing to say about the Braves STFU.