Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Best MSNL Coaches (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546400)

TheMetetron 11-16-2007 02:06 PM

Re: Best MSNL Coaches

Fabian,

I like the idea of just sending back my notes text file as well. I think that would only take me about twice the length of the video instead of 3 times.

I'll see what my test students think of it and I might switch it to that way.

Triumph36 11-16-2007 02:09 PM

you people who responded to a certain person - don't encourage him

The Bryce 11-17-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Metetron said he coaches by having the student record a 1 hour vid and he watches and re-records with his own thoughts input into the vid. Love the concept, was wondering if anyone else did this?

[/ QUOTE ]

ive thought about doing this for people and i think its a great idea. i dont see why he wouldnt just charge his hourly coaching rate and charge an hour worth for 45 minutes of video or something. esp since you could record your thoughts like if u didnt have internet or somewhere where you didnt even have the opportunity cost of playing

[/ QUOTE ]

What both The_Bryce and I do with it is watch the video, takes notes, compose some topics to talk about, then record the audio. It takes about 3 times the length of the video to do this.

It takes longer but you get a much higher quality product then just me watching the video and giving my comments on the spot. Some might prefer the quick and cheap way, I think my students get a better experience this way, however as it allows me to see their play and take it in as a whole before making comments. I'm not opposed to changing this in the future if the feedback is bad though.

For the guy that said something about results-oriented thinking coming out of this. I pause the video at every decision to write down what I would do in this spot. Only after doing this do I unpause the video. There are times I tell the player to make a fold and they call and snap off a bluff; I don't change my recommendation in the video here even though I was wrong that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually write up my reviews by hand. This is mostly just a matter of preference when it comes to this sort of material (I find I can communicate a bit better on paper) and you could also do a fine job by inserting comments by audio into the student's video so long as you're pausing it when making comments (I've actually done a couple videos like this for stoxpoker using a student's video).

I write my reviews in two parts: part one is a hand review, which is just me watching the video from beginning to end and discussing issues / suggestions as they come up on a per hand basis. Part two covers an analysis of the student's decision making process / tools, suggestions for improvement as well as new tools, and a psychological analysis.

Also, due to increasing demands on my time I am not accepting any new students at the moment (no PMs please).

Surf 11-17-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I actually write up my reviews by hand. This is mostly just a matter of preference when it comes to this sort of material (I find I can communicate a bit better on paper) and you could also do a fine job by inserting comments by audio into the student's video so long as you're pausing it when making comments (I've actually done a couple videos like this for stoxpoker using a student's video).

I write my reviews in two parts: part one is a hand review, which is just me watching the video from beginning to end and discussing issues / suggestions as they come up on a per hand basis. Part two covers an analysis of the student's decision making process / tools, suggestions for improvement as well as new tools, and a psychological analysis.

Also, due to increasing demands on my time I am not accepting any new students at the moment (no PMs please).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I do it as well. I find written communication is clearer, and affords me the time + space to lay out any math necessary and go into as much detail as is necessary.

Also it makes follow-up discussions easier, because a student can address specific points by quoting + replying.

Surf

$upermad4it 11-17-2007 06:24 PM

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3785/3monthsul7.jpg

I started with MDMA half way through this graph.I dont think there could be a better coach tbh.

willw9 11-17-2007 07:04 PM

ughhh thats sick

DerekJCEX 11-17-2007 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I started with MDMA half way through this graph.I dont think there could be a better coach tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

if someone can make more variance free $ just from coaching than most pro players he has to be sick

john kane 11-17-2007 07:33 PM

due to my lack of free time i have unfortunately had to increase my coaching fees. I now charge $1200/hr. PMs welcome. ty.

willw9 11-17-2007 07:37 PM

That's funny.

LucidDream 11-17-2007 07:38 PM

joke???

john kane 11-17-2007 07:39 PM

inbox now full. no more PMs, ty.

Isura 11-17-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
due to my lack of free time i have unfortunately had to increase my coaching fees. I now charge $1200/hr. PMs welcome. ty.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

TheMetetron 11-17-2007 08:25 PM

The_Bryce,

I thought this over and talked with some students and changed what I do to more closely reflect what you just said.

I find that writing things down does allow me to get things explained much more clearly than I probably would be able to do in a video and probably takes me less time as well, savings students money.

ImsaKidd 11-17-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard from two people that cts is an extremely good coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that was evident in his first CardRunner's video

[/ QUOTE ]

How much does he charge /hour for coaching?

ipokeder 11-17-2007 08:58 PM

800 iirc

Ship Ship McGipp 11-17-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
800 iirc

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's 1k an hour now, but he won't even respond to me and 3-bet was too unorganized to get back to me.

pretty sure he's just not that interested in coaching atm.

fearless2k 11-17-2007 09:50 PM

Had one lesson w Billyjex so far, pretty good imo would recomend for ppl looking to move up to 2/4 but ive only had one session

He sweated me for one hour (went a little over but he didnt have any probs)

I ran like [censored]! he doomswitched me? lol

Ive been at 2/4 for a while so know most of the basics stuff already and our thought proceses were similar,

but he was defo more advanced than me and i have a lot to learn.. he could make folds where i would make "crying calls" (hence am hemoragin money)..

only had one lesson so cant really give that much of a review as he was just looking at my game and checking the big leaks. i will give a better review once ive had a few more lessons with him.. so far so good thou..

NB we should have some sort of leaderboard for the coaches lol or their name with associated reviews next to em.. help us guys make better choices imo.. just an idea..

Messiahkid 11-17-2007 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
800 iirc

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's 1k an hour now, but he won't even respond to me and 3-bet was too unorganized to get back to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

His coaching slots are currently full, which is why you have not received a response. Also, for whoever said AE is the best coach mentioned if you are serious, that's laughable.

Solid MSNL+ 6m coaches coaches:
MDMA is pretty much as sick as it gets IMO (currently booked with wait list)
Cole
Krantz
Bobbo
Wiltontilt
Snipes

...others that I probably can't remember ATM

AceCR9 11-17-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
800 iirc

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I email 3-bet for info the other day on CTS, they replied with a generic email listing all their coaches and rates, and those coaches email addresses.

for CTS + BLd, it said to contact them for more info(w/o providing a different email address).

it also lists KRANTZ and MDMA as not available

RiverFenix 11-17-2007 09:54 PM

I really like the record video idea and then sending back feedback. How many tables is standard, 3-4? Are there any coaches in here object to doing that method?

Messiahkid 11-17-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
800 iirc

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I email 3-bet for info the other day on CTS, they replied with a generic email listing all their coaches and rates, and those coaches email addresses.

for CTS + BLd, it said to contact them for more info(w/o providing a different email address).

[/ QUOTE ]

The email is automated regardless of who you select. He is $1k/hr and not currently accepting students, PM if you need anything..

AceCR9 11-17-2007 10:04 PM

it should probably say that in the email, or on the site then.

Ship Ship McGipp 11-17-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, for whoever said AE is the best coach mentioned if you are serious, that's laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're laughable!

Ship Ship McGipp 11-17-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, for whoever said AE is the best coach mentioned if you are serious, that's laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're laughable!

[/ QUOTE ]

also, on a more serious note, while that may be true, lol @ a random lurker donk like you taking shots at me.

KRANTZ 11-17-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't give out their email info publicly because if we did they would get spammed by 100s of fanboys who can't afford them and want them to mentor them.

i have been spending a lot of time working on our company over the past few months. don't worry, i'm not stupid, i hear the complaints about disorganization and 2-3 delays in email response --- in the future everyone should be very happy. in the meantime, i've been trying to get all applicants accommodated and i believe we've been doing a much, much better job this fall than earlier this year.

i appreciate all the feedback, positive or negative. if anyone has any problems, ever, they can of course PM me directly.

cbboy 11-17-2007 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we don't give out their email info publicly because if we did they would get spammed by 100s of fanboys who can't afford them and want them to mentor them.

i have been spending a lot of time working on our company over the past few months. don't worry, i'm not stupid, i hear the complaints about disorganization and 2-3 delays in email response --- in the future everyone should be very happy. in the meantime, i've been trying to get all applicants accommodated and i believe we've been doing a much, much better job this fall than earlier this year.

i appreciate all the feedback, positive or negative. if anyone has any problems, ever, they can of course PM me directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant that it should say in that email/on your site if CTS isn't currently accepting students...

KRANTZ 11-17-2007 10:28 PM

if cts isn't accepting students currently then that's something that he told messiah over the last two days, otherwise, he is and it's 1k/hr.

sorry for the confusion.

AceCR9 11-17-2007 10:35 PM

KRANTZ- you do know coaching would be more per hour than playing 5/10 right?? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

also- could you clarify if cole is coaching or not? I am seriously interested.

Messiahkid 11-17-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're laughable!

[/ QUOTE ]

also, on a more serious note, while that may be true, lol @ a random lurker donk like you taking shots at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not go back and forth with you, but keep judging people based on post-legislation strategy posts, that will get you places... GL in all of your endeavors AE.

Anyway, that is from Cole saying he was booked this morning, so I'm sure there is/you can get on a waiting list. Sorry for any delay and confusion AceCR9

Ship Ship McGipp 11-17-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're laughable!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not go back and forth with you, but keep judging people based on post-legislation strategy posts,

[/ QUOTE ]

no idea what this means

[ QUOTE ]
that will get you places... GL in all of your endeavors AE.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty

TheMetetron 11-17-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the record video idea and then sending back feedback. How many tables is standard, 3-4? Are there any coaches in here object to doing that method?

[/ QUOTE ]

I tell my students to do 45 minute videos with 4 tables.

KingDan 11-17-2007 11:45 PM

250/hour

Greeksquared 11-17-2007 11:48 PM

I'll do HU coaching for $75/hour.

I have a masters in Statics and am the only one on absolute that routinely wins money from 1/2 - 3/6, just log on if you're interested. I have averaged over 10bb/100 this year HU. I averaged over 16bb/100 in October winning close to 40k in 40k hands not playing higher than 3/6.

xker17x 11-18-2007 02:39 AM

anyone here been coached by bobbofitos if so have comments?

DanJ. 11-18-2007 02:43 AM

just curious, has any1 here had a session with BLD?

DerekJCEX 11-18-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Had one lesson w Billyjex so far, pretty good imo would recomend for ppl looking to move up to 2/4 but ive only had one session

He sweated me for one hour (went a little over but he didnt have any probs)

I ran like [censored]! he doomswitched me? lol

Ive been at 2/4 for a while so know most of the basics stuff already and our thought proceses were similar,

but he was defo more advanced than me and i have a lot to learn.. he could make folds where i would make "crying calls" (hence am hemoragin money)..

only had one lesson so cant really give that much of a review as he was just looking at my game and checking the big leaks. i will give a better review once ive had a few more lessons with him.. so far so good thou..

NB we should have some sort of leaderboard for the coaches lol or their name with associated reviews next to em.. help us guys make better choices imo.. just an idea..

[/ QUOTE ]

this is def a bad idea. Sigma Chis in general are bad people. You Shoulda found someone who wasn't a degen drinker to help you make money. Word is raptur is the [censored] and will transform your mind into a money makin machine! IN HOC ONE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

G_Dollaz 11-18-2007 05:51 AM

FWIW I had a bad experience w/ MDMA in terms of actual coaching. He seems like a good guy while he's coaching and definitely makes himself available and I have no problem w/ him whatsoever. I feel like he tried to imrpove my game and was attentive and all that while he was coaching, for me it just didn't work for some reason. He's the only coach I've ever had and the reason I've never hired nor will ever hire another coach that charges by the hour. I'm not saying others shouldn't use him and he has a great reputation as a coach on here and I'm sure it's for good reason, I'm just posting this so a small stakes player doesn't read this and go w/ him b/c they think it's a guarenteed way to beat msnl, it took me quite some time to get back to playing my A game after being coached.

Tomcruise 11-18-2007 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/3785/3monthsul7.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

this is called running hot...does coaching make that happen as well?

smartalecc5 11-18-2007 06:21 AM

im looking for a luckbox coach, anyone?

Allinlife 11-18-2007 06:30 AM

Tomcruise,
believe it or not, MDMA helps you how to run good. I had my biggest month last month for a sweet 120k+ profit, and it's all thanks to his teachings regarding karma/ how to avoid variance by moving down after running good etc.

seriously though, after learning things from MDMA I don't know how the hell I was winning in 5/10+ games before I was getting coached. What he teaches just "makes sense", also I wish he actually started playing poker so he can coach less people [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].