Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NFL Week 10 Sunday Night Football: Colts@ Chargers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543593)

vhawk01 11-11-2007 09:42 PM

Re: NFL Week 10 Sunday Night Football: Colts@ Chargers

[ QUOTE ]
vhawk,

He had to run from one end of the endzone to the other. They just made a redzone stop, the only play should be to fall down in the end zone. It was inexcusable.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had to run from one endzone to the 20, with 80 yards of possible gravy. He only got to the 5, which sucks.

rafiki 11-11-2007 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys, this is the same guy that has 3 TDs in the past 2 games....hes allowed to run it out. Offensive players suck at tackling and its a possible huge play. That possible reward is worth the 15 yard loss.

100,009 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're not taking into account the difficulty of starting on the 5, or the chance of fumbling it again. It's a no brainer play to take the knee, and all his coaches would say as much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh, I would have thought it was a no-brainer to always take it out pretty much no matter what. The reward>>>the risk. I think you guys are being sort of results oriented. How often does he not get it past the ten or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah most coaches advocate running it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the back of the endzone ? lol where do you get that ? You almost always see the other players around the guy with the ball correctly point down to the ground. It's almost always instinct there.

Needle77 11-11-2007 09:43 PM

Freeney getting stood up, that doesn't happen to often. Wait, yes it does, hes a speed rush guy. I hate speed rush DE's...but if I could have one it would be Freeney.

vhawk01 11-11-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys, this is the same guy that has 3 TDs in the past 2 games....hes allowed to run it out. Offensive players suck at tackling and its a possible huge play. That possible reward is worth the 15 yard loss.

100,009 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

No you're not taking into account the difficulty of starting on the 5, or the chance of fumbling it again. It's a no brainer play to take the knee, and all his coaches would say as much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh, I would have thought it was a no-brainer to always take it out pretty much no matter what. The reward>>>the risk. I think you guys are being sort of results oriented. How often does he not get it past the ten or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not at all results oriented. Starting at the 20 is a clear advantage when you're in your own endzone and it's not a situation where you jump the ball. Why do you think you frequently take a knee on a kickoff ? Those guys aren't even close to you yet, and you decide it's not worth the break out. In this case you're already surrounded by guys. You kneel. Starting at the 1-5 in the nfl is super tough. Starting at the 20 is a big advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they are a kick coverage team and not a bunch of offensive players who dont know whats going on?

rafiki 11-11-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

100,009 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not at all results oriented. Starting at the 20 is a clear advantage when you're in your own endzone and it's not a situation where you jump the ball. Why do you think you frequently take a knee on a kickoff ? Those guys aren't even close to you yet, and you decide it's not worth the break out. In this case you're already surrounded by guys. You kneel. Starting at the 1-5 in the nfl is super tough. Starting at the 20 is a big advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they are a kick coverage team and not a bunch of offensive players who dont know whats going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

They knew enough to stop him at the 5....

These are still all pro guys here...

Richard Tanner 11-11-2007 09:44 PM

Well I'm off to go masturbate. Let me know if we stop them on D or gain a positive yard on offense.

Cody

TheNoodleMan 11-11-2007 09:44 PM

The thing that made the decision to take it out so bad was that he ran around inside the endzone for so long. Its understandable if you immediately make the wrong decision and try to come out, but he had a long time to come to the sensible decision.

rafiki 11-11-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing that made the decision to take it out so bad was that he ran around inside the endzone for so long. Its understandable if you immediately make the wrong decision and try to come out, but he had a long time to come to the sensible decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. You have to have a clear jump. Anything else is just stupid.

Needle77 11-11-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks TNM, that is what I was trying to say but I suck at words when I've been drinking all day.

aditya 11-11-2007 09:45 PM

WTF kind of defense is Indy using? How the hell are there 2 rookie defensive ends, 2 LB's that are rookies? I mean what happened to all their starters?

Needle77 11-11-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF kind of defense is Indy using? How the hell are there 2 rookie defensive ends, 2 LB's that are rookies? I mean what happened to all their starters?

[/ QUOTE ]

They all took personal days after last week. Figured they needed a week off after the game of the century.

kyro 11-11-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there's any justice in this world they'll stop those stupid segues and show Madden eating a bucket of Yellow chicken at halftime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was pretty funny, and even better was Madden's comment on them probably blaming Belicheck for it. You're too uptight.

Zutroy 11-11-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blood sacrifices to keep Manning healthy, ldo.

rafiki 11-11-2007 09:47 PM

Did they just try and hint at NE vs Buf as being....good ? haha. Sorry that will be over after 15 minutes.

vhawk01 11-11-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

100,009 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They knew enough to stop him at the 5....

These are still all pro guys here...

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, I apologize for calling you results oriented.

Needle77 11-11-2007 09:47 PM

There needs to be more Crank That dances from NFL players. TO's today was pretty good, I figure that would be a good celebratory dance.

Russ M. 11-11-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did they just try and hint at NE vs Buf as being....good ? haha. Sorry that will be over after 15 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

That game is over right now.

Needle77 11-11-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FTW, Losman to Evans for 3 80 yard bombs.

Needle77 11-11-2007 09:50 PM

Another reason that return was so bad was that his entire team seemed to stop for a second after the pick to celebrate, so no blocks were set up.

Needle77 11-11-2007 09:52 PM

Who is this QB, because I know for damn sure that is not Peyton.

Russ M. 11-11-2007 09:52 PM

hysterical

Nonfiction 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

HOLY [censored] THIS IS INSANE

Needle77 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cody,

B+?

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: I'm sorry.

Richard Tanner 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

The hits keep coming.

Cody

Chrisman886 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

DARREN [censored] SPROLES!!!!!!!

ZeTurd 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

God, this is retarded.

Russ M. 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

Sproles > AP

skiier04 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

lol colts

Jurollo 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

God the Colts special teams are abyssmal.

vixticator 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HOLY [censored] THIS IS INSANE

[/ QUOTE ]

Russ M. 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

nice XP try

sethypooh21 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sproles > AP

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO

Jack of Arcades 11-11-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol colts special teams

[/ QUOTE ]

Jack of Arcades 11-11-2007 09:54 PM

So what's the spread on this game now? Colts -3?

Nonfiction 11-11-2007 09:54 PM

LOL @ Norv Turner

TheNoodleMan 11-11-2007 09:54 PM

The receivers aren't breaking the way the ball is going. Its pretty obvious none of these guys have any practice time with Manning.

Richard Tanner 11-11-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cody,

B+?

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: I'm sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

B? Satisfied. They're gonna run back 4 for scores in the second half just you watch. I say just you watch because I'll be trying to claw my eyes out.

Cody

kyro 11-11-2007 10:00 PM

Oh well, my bet on the Colts looks toast, but Pats may have a 2.5 game lead on home-field advantage now!

sethypooh21 11-11-2007 10:01 PM

that's a really really impressive backflip from a huge dude wearing football gear.

BigCummins 11-11-2007 10:02 PM

omg SD steppin up tonight