Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   I was robbed yesterday for $9,000 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543569)

GFresh 11-12-2007 12:11 AM

Re: I was robbed yesterday for $9,000

What happens if the cops find him and he tells them about the thousands of dollars you gave him to fund a drug farm? He could really screw you over, maybe it's best if you told the police that you worked it out with him..

ematz 11-12-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it never ceases to amaze me how dumb and naive people are.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

BenG2813 11-12-2007 12:44 AM

sounds like it woulda worked on me. prolly wouldnt have trusted him w my fulltilt account. he also sounds like a damn tgood con. starts paying you back takes you on trip then bam hits you again. learn a lesson and move on. or take his ass to court as you have more then enough to win.

swingbomb 11-12-2007 01:39 AM

rofl i seriously can't believe you all took this for anything more than a level.

mookboi 11-12-2007 02:39 AM

Is his name Casey?

JoeDimaggio 11-12-2007 02:49 AM

That's what happens when you get involved with drug dealers/abusers. A majority of them are complete pieces of [censored]. If you want to avoid it happening again don't run around with the wrong crowd.

patstap 11-12-2007 03:47 AM

The guy's a freak and a very weird dude. He is also quite young. I think we should stay away.

JokersAttack 11-12-2007 03:52 AM

you suck at poker and at life and deserved to lose the money ldo.

also, since it was agreed you were going to get more than your initial loan back for the marijuana project then yea, you are invovled. If you start to financially benefit from an illegal activity, then you are involved.

So yea, don't tell that to the police, moran. As for letting him back into your life. nice one. SO YEA, CONGRATS ON GETTING DATE RAPED AND ROPPED.

rianb 11-12-2007 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he pays me back $600 of the 3k he owes me. He takes me on a poker trip for 3 days and pays for my hotel, food, he drives, gas, which is about $400 so now hes paid back $1k. Now I begin to think hes legit. For the next month, we hang out and everything seems to be getting better.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was robbed yesterday for $9,000

[/ QUOTE ]

$1k to get $9k.

Implied odds!!

Do You See Why 11-12-2007 05:27 AM

in all seriousness, i would kill him. end of story.

CardSharpCook 11-12-2007 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yo, like $6k to start a weed farm? That should have been your first clue. Let's see... find a desolate area of land, toss a few hundred seeds down, wait, pull the males, wait, profit/jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya this got me too. I have some knowledge of what it takes to start an INDOOR farm and it ain't close to 6k. Hell, even include the flight to Amsterdam to get the primo seeds and you still haven't topped 2k for a 1 bedroom farm. Now you're cutting out all those expensive lights (which is really where 90% of the money goes) and you need 6k!?!??! Borrow your dad's shovel, go buy 50# of fertilizer. You won't even break $100. Are you buying the land too? Are you bribing the cops? I don't get it.

shortstacked1 11-12-2007 05:59 AM

You do realise that your "friend" posted his story in this part of the forum.

Robbed a fish of $9,000 is the title or summat

Keyser. 11-12-2007 06:11 AM

I'm really surprised the OP isn't getting flamed more, because of all the stories people have posted here about getting scammed, I think the OP acted the most irresponsibility and carelessly (like, for starters got scammed while giving a guy money to grow and sell drugs, and then secondly, by leaving 9k in arm's reach of a guy who has already scammed you while you take a shower the night after apparently getting drugged by said guy).

KSOT 11-12-2007 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumbest first post in the history of intraweb forums.

spangle 11-12-2007 06:33 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

$1k to get $9k.

Implied odds!!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha funniest post ever

pig 11-12-2007 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ calling me a sucker. I've hustled more money than you would believed and have never had a job. The guy is just a total con artist

[/ QUOTE ]
Finally proof that you can con a conman

shortstacked1 11-12-2007 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dumbest first post in the history of intraweb forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for pointing that out with a comment that has nothing to do with this thread at all, at least mine did [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

QuimKnight 11-12-2007 08:39 AM

OP despite your claims to be a 'hustler' it seems obvious your grifting skills need work DUCY?

PS Beat-downs obviously required in this case despite thief's 'connections'

Halfpoint 11-12-2007 08:57 AM

I say you call him and record the phone calls.. That would be great.

Maybe you and Micon should get together and discuss strategy for catching grifters.

pete fabrizio 11-12-2007 09:29 AM

I haven't read through the thread, but OP is using the word "robbed" incorrectly.

asellers07 11-12-2007 09:58 AM

Yes, I was a [censored] moron for hanging out with this guy again but jesus he is a good conman. I am now learning from people around town that he has done this to soooo many people, and Im not the only "gullible" one. He's a total piece of [censored], I hung out with him everyday for 4 months and it was all just a setup so he could do this.

I initially thought I had just gotten really drunk from the night before, and didnt put the pieces together that he had drugged my drink until after the incident

As for the weed, yea it was dumb and obviously I didnt tell the cops about this. I told him i gave him the initial 3k to pay back a sportsbetting debt he owed, which was what ended up happening anywyas. Im not worried about conspiracy here because there was no written agreement or any proof whatsoever that the 3k was going towards that

also, when i say ive "hustled" people, im not talking about stealing, robbing, cheating any of that [censored]. Strictly playing cards. some people label that as "hustling" but thats what i was referring to. Nothing illegal or scummy, thats not who i am

The official term is Grand Larceny, and thats what his warrent is out for. Because he did not threaten or force me when he took the money, it is classified as larceny and not robbery.

I made this thread to get recommendations on what I should do from here, and to sort of vent. I know i've been a dumbass, but jesus this guy is good at what he does. Hes obv got a serious gambling problem and probably drug problem, and will do anything to get his fix. He is definately the shittiest 20 yr old Ive ever came across and the decisions hes making right now is going to catch up to him pretty damn fast.

Thanks for all the advice and help

mo42nyy 11-12-2007 11:16 AM

lol op idi the nigerian would like a word with you
Atleast he wont give you rufees and play butt darts with you

JP OSU 11-12-2007 11:22 AM

OP, I am from Tulsa, where the [censored] are you finding homegames which require you to carry around 8k?

dank stax 11-12-2007 11:27 AM

So....OP didn't actually get robbed.

He got date raped - then left 9k+ and his fulltilt account to a 'tulsa drug lord' who had PREVIOUSLY stole 2.5k from him while he took a shower? GG.

berya 11-12-2007 11:58 AM

This sucks and I'm sorry it happened. Learn your lesson. Lots of scum out there.

Years ago when I was about 20 and had maybe 1500 to my name. Not that it was a big deal. I liked to shoot some pool 2, 3 times a week maybe. There was this regular older guy in the pool room about 55 or so. I played pool with him more than a dozen times. I saw him often in the pool hall over a period of 2 years. One day he offered to play some blackjack. He knew I tried learning how to count but was into poker now. Anyway we played 3 handed. Him, me and the pool hall's owner. We rotated dealing. I had to have a big edge in this game or so I thought. I just came back from AC and had about 700-800 hundred on me out of the total 1500 I had to my name. Anyway I lost pretty much all of it in about 1/2 an hour. As I was driving home I realized what happened. I was just cheated/scammed by a guy who used marked cards (we used his decks, there were other clues). I never saw him again.

Hope you feel a little better.

Garry Breenstein 11-12-2007 12:51 PM

The golden rule for not being scammed is :

Every time someone says "give me that amount of cash, and in return you'll get double/triple+ after an illegal business I will make", well EVERY time this is a scam !

There's no way a guy who could triple an investement is going to ask people he barely knows, he would ask a very close friend for that, or better just get a regular loan and keep the huge profit for himself. Why would he share his so juicy business ?

Secondly, the fact that it has to do with illegal business is for him to prevent you from going to the cops.

There is NO WAY that kind of deal exists in the real world.

For OP : If you don't know any tough/mean/mob guy, and don't want to be beaten up or get in trouble with justice, then don't do anything about him. Stay away from trouble. Don't get involved in a vendetta where the cops/the conman friends are coming to your home the very next day the guy has been beaten up.
Forget about your money, move on.

mr.spam 11-12-2007 01:01 PM

lol @ costing $5k to start growing weed... you're supplying an entire state or what?

Jazzy3113 11-12-2007 01:09 PM

OP,

How can we take your plight seriously when there was a part in your story about illegally funding a weed growing operation!!! I mean what do you expect people to post? Do you want sympathy? Your tried to become a drug dealer or least fund a drug dealer and then were caught off guard TWICE?!?!?!
Man, somedays I feel kinda sad that being an analyst isnt as awesome as I thought it would be and wonder about the decisions I made in college about my major, etc. and then I read posts by kids the same age as me about things like this.

Thanks for making me feel better, and next time "Joe" comes around let him make you more "drinks" and force you to take "showers". LOL!

pokahjunkie 11-12-2007 01:46 PM

Something tells me I'm being leveled here.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=2#Post12907214

Survivor1 11-12-2007 01:58 PM

After reading this whole thread, I KNOW you're a total idiot. You've admitted to being an accomplice by posting(writing) in a public forum, no less, that you had knowledge of the weed farm in which you were backing financially. In a court of law, this is an admission of guilt and knowledge of an illegal operation.
You better hope that the police NEVER find him, or you'll be sharing a jail cell with him. Stupid is as stupid does...

Richard Tanner 11-12-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something tells me I'm being leveled here.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=2#Post12907214

[/ QUOTE ]

The Force is strong with this one.

Cody

sharkscopeaholic 11-12-2007 02:14 PM

lol

Uppercut 11-12-2007 03:36 PM

I could almost sympathize with the OP if it was a really hot chick who twice ripped him off. But to let a dude get you twice? No pity at all.

LiveInPeace 11-12-2007 03:52 PM

>>>>to answer some questions

I dont need to "have my butt checked." <<<

[x] thread delivers

suzzer99 11-12-2007 04:24 PM

OP, I have a sweet-ass deal going with some Russian gangsters, where we can turn $20 bills into $100s. Don't ask me about the science, it's complicated. Problem is we're running out of $20s and are a little short on liquid capital at the moment. Here's where you come in. Ship me X amount of $20s, and I will return you 3X that amount in 1 month. There is literally no risk to you.

PM me.

intheflatfield 11-12-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP, I have a sweet-ass deal going with some Russian gangsters, where we can turn $20 bills into $100s. Don't ask me about the science, it's complicated. Problem is we're running out of $20s and are a little short on liquid capital at the moment. Here's where you come in. Ship me X amount of $20s, and I will return you 3X that amount in 1 month. There is literally no risk to you.

PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boosted?

FireStorm 11-12-2007 04:55 PM

This is literally the worst post I've ever read. There should be a warning in the OP that states "reading this will get you more depressed then the victim of the 9k theft".

BrianBigNFun 11-12-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And for the weed thing, I was having nothing to do with it. I was just backing him the money so he could do it. Real sketchy, but nothing illegal in my part because I was essentially backing/loaning him for a venture, even tho it was illegal I would personally have absolutely nothing to do with it, have no idea where it was, would never see any of it, only loaning him money and getting it back. But thats beside the point. I've obviously made mistakes and been young and naive, but if someone has any ideas on how I can advance please educate me

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh...giving someone money to start a weed farm and expecting more in return back (you said 6k for 20K in an earlier post) is most certainly illegal. Fortunately for you it's a his word against yours for burden of proof since he never did grow weed.

Papi Shasho 11-12-2007 05:51 PM

LOL, you people must be rich...my ex-buddy for years owes me $300 that I lent him after he gave me his debit card and said once his check posts the next day I can withdraw it, he needed the money bad. Next day, there was .32 in there, and he disappeared to another city, or so I heard.

That's only $300 and I'd punch him in the face if I see him, as well as the crackhead who used to wash my car who I lent $5 to, but I didn't have change, so I gave him a $20 to go straight to the gas station and bring me my $15 in change, and he never came back.

Maybe I'm just a cheap bastard? I just don't see how I can lend someone 6k, they disappear, and then take them back as a friend when they claim they'll pay me back slow? lol once a scumbag always a scumbag

TPR 11-12-2007 07:39 PM

Here's the bottom line: I smoked weed for 20 years, but quit it completely about 15 years ago. Why do I make a point of this? The reason is that it caused me to make a lot of bad decisions in my life. When I was a toker, nobody could tell me that, because my thought processes weren't open to that realization. If you had been straight, you never would have fallen for that weed farm B.S. If you had been straight, you never would have fallen for that, take a shower, while I rob you B.S. Now there might be some weed smokers out there that are saying, "I smoke weed and I never would have fallen for that con". Probably not, but you never know how skewed your perception of reality might be, when worked by a low-life, scumbag, expert con-man. As much as I enjoyed smoking pot and having fun, I don't miss it one bit, because I've stopped making stupid decisions, that cost me dearly. Think about it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]