Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Finnish High School Massacre (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=540401)

kyro 11-07-2007 06:50 PM

Re: Finnish High School Massacre

Interests and Hobbies: Guns (I love you Catherine)

ok?

CallMeIshmael 11-07-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My point is more about the hysteria than surrounds this situations than any flaw in what you said.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, good point. I guess I shouldnt have made my comment, as im not trying to create strife. I did the same thing after 9/11 when everyone was busy calling the terrorists evil and monsters and I disagreed. I guess I just dont understand hysterical reactions in situations like these

[/ QUOTE ]

They were evil monsters. They were not cowards, and they may have been right that that might have been the best way to pursue their goals. I don't think that absolves them of moral failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they say we are evil monsters....so whos right? And its a moral failure according to your set of morals, but there is no absolute when it comes to that, so again, whos right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im also open to a good deal of relativism, but, I think any act that, if taken as the norm, would lead to the near-immediate extinction of humanity is about as close to "objectively immoral" as you can get.

Alobar 11-07-2007 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I'm very skeptical of any moral system that considers 9/11 an acceptable means to an end.

[/ QUOTE ]

as am I, and I wouldnt want to live in a society that shared that moral system, but I have to accept that such societies or individuals exist who have that moral system, and that my moral system is no more right or wrong than theirs. Neither one is Good or Evil, they are just different from each other.

schundler 11-07-2007 07:02 PM

His treatise, if you can call it that, is disjointed and missing some explanatory elements, aside from the obvious flaw of being rather insane. That being said, he writes fairly well.

Sephus 11-07-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And they say we are evil monsters....so whos right?

[/ QUOTE ]

we both are.

StayHungry 11-07-2007 07:12 PM

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Sephus 11-07-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it helps i also think we're right when we say we're not evil monsters.

Ikaika 11-07-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at this from an article in a Norwegian newspaper: "[he] shot himself in the head. The police thinks he tried to kill himself."
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty assumptive. For all we know he was playing a game of solo Russian Roulette and lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually he was playing Polish Roulette not Russian Roulette. Russian Roulette is played with a revolver, he had an automatic pistol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its terrible that kids are dying at the hands of others who feel they have the right to take lives, but [censored] this Polish roulette thing about had me in tears.

KurtSF 11-07-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's we?

xorbie 11-07-2007 07:46 PM

id at least respect this kid if he went out and did something mildly productive/destructive, but this is just pointlessly destructive.

lucksack 11-07-2007 07:48 PM

most of what this guy wrote that i've read made sense, and while it's a rare and probably quite inefficient way to try to achive his goals, in the end it's only a matter of taste whether you for some stupid reason choose to respect humanity or not. maybe i would feel more bad about this if there wasn't an ongoing, systematic mass murder of other animals going on all the time by us humans, the cancer of earth.

and before you say i wouldn't say this if it happened in us of a, i'm finnish and actually discussed this with someone who's relative died in the massacre.

Case Closed 11-07-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Finnish Him!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Your best post IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Backhanded compliment?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty much.

StayHungry 11-07-2007 07:52 PM

Xorbie nailed it. this kind of thing is so uncreative and worthless. And lucksack, what you say doesn't make much sense, unless you're saying some of his views were somewhat understandable. The kid was a raving lunatic, he wrote off humanity with some copy paste job of evolution theories.

Sephus 11-07-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's we?

[/ QUOTE ]

me and alobar and gumpzilla.

CallMeIshmael 11-07-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe i would feel more bad about this if there wasn't an ongoing, systematic mass murder of other animals going on all the time by us humans, the cancer of earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

can we get a Las Vegas IP check here?

Madman Madman 11-07-2007 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of human race and failures of natural selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Investigators said the gunman, who was not identified, shot himself in the head" -Yahoo News

[/ QUOTE ]

Good work son

Starfish 11-07-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maybe i would feel more bad about this if there wasn't an ongoing, systematic mass murder of other animals going on all the time by us humans, the cancer of earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha! Daniel is not Finnish. Anyway, human is just an animal, no more or less valuable than insect, dog, or whatever. I've personally chosen not to kill humans, mostly for my own well-being and enjoyment, and I've personally chosen to kill certain animals (well, not actually personally, I prefer other humans do it for me, for my pleasure) because I like their taste.

But I've never tasted human flesh, so my choice could change if I tried.

It's all about choices, nothing else. You pick one for whatever reason, and go for it, if it indulges your desires. Pekka-Eric's choice was a bit different than most of ours, but nothing unheard of. I think that he was just bored and wanted some action, and didn't think death of himself and a few others such a big thing. And he was right about that.

Alobar 11-07-2007 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, nice

Sephus 11-07-2007 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, human is just an animal, no more or less valuable than insect, dog, or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

when everyone agrees with you, then you will be correct. until then, you're wrong.

Alobar 11-07-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, human is just an animal, no more or less valuable than insect, dog, or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

when everyone agrees with you, then you will be correct. until then, you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if we poll a species much more advanced and evolved than our own, and they agree with that statement? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Starfish 11-07-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no gods or other magical creatures. Not everyone agrees with me, so I'm wrong?

This is working again, let's see how long:
Linky

Starfish 11-07-2007 10:08 PM

Original was Sturmgeist with i, btw, but looks the same.

Jamougha 11-08-2007 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the guy would be considered schizoid personality, by the psychiatric community. I read the same about the VT guy. These dudes arent fully psychotic, but the way they connect violence with half baked ideals is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh, no, why are schizoids always dragged into this. We are nothing like these people.

StayHungry 11-08-2007 09:20 AM

Jamougha, I actually thought it might be dumb to mention the schizoid angle. I don't like to believe in psychiatric lablels myself, in fact I think stigmatization is one of the worst byproducts of psychiatry. Also people should be smart enough not to profile people based on psychiatric labels. This guys main problem is his connecting random murder to his delusions, it doesn't matter what mental disorder people wanna pin on him.

MuresanForMVP 11-08-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finnish Him!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lolololol

ban? I hope not because that post is gold

Sephus 11-08-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what if we poll a species much more advanced and evolved than our own, and they agree with that statement? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well when we say "valuable" we're pretty much only talking about what human beings value. if they use the word in a similar way and members of the other species all value humans, dogs, and insects, the same, then they could correctly make that statement.

Sephus 11-08-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no gods or other magical creatures. Not everyone agrees with me, so I'm wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. what people think about things is what makes those things valuable. magical creatures have nothing to do with it.

for simplicity's sake i've been assuming that almost no one values or will value insects more than people, so pretty much everyone will have to equate them for the two to be equally valuable.

Fast Food Knight 11-08-2007 03:55 PM

SMP FTW.

fartman77 11-08-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit, disgraces of human race and failures of natural selection.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"Investigators said the gunman, who was not identified, shot himself in the head" -Yahoo News

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
"Irony, the number one killer of teenage angst."
CHOO CHOOOO

holla 11-09-2007 07:04 AM

He loved her. But she did not:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tanascheel

SkinnyLittleTwig 11-09-2007 07:13 AM

this was on his youtube page

one of the creepiest videos i've ever seen

http://www.hs.fi/videot/113523162833...set&sivu=1

AncientPC 11-12-2007 03:22 AM

A bunch of his manifestos, some personal pics and movies of the shooter: http://zami.pp.fi/jokela/