Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Office Season 4 Ep 4 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526142)

Dids 10-19-2007 01:20 PM

Re: The Office Season 4 Ep 4

I need to rewatch, because I was busing winning monies during this, so as per my own policy you should ignore me, but I really really liked what I saw.

Weever22 10-19-2007 01:25 PM

kevin is retarded..

all about creed.

Actual God 10-19-2007 01:30 PM

i've been hating too much. show is still great

Autocratic 10-19-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim: "It sounded like crying or ... moaning."

Dwight: "I'll have to look into that in the morning. Thank you for letting the staff know."

HAHAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

The crying starting up again right as Jim closed the door was priceless.

DDH 10-19-2007 02:57 PM

Plus:

1. Micheal spending $125 for a Core Strengthener that Dwight bought last season for 20. I didn't even catch this one the first time I watched it. Great subtle joke.

2. Andy giving Angela what I assume is the Feral Cat that Dwight tried to give her and then released.

3. Jan throwing her keys at Oscar when she pulled up at the end.

NLSoldier 10-19-2007 03:16 PM

whoever vs whomever scene was soooooo awesome.

mutigers5591 10-19-2007 03:25 PM

sounds like i need to go purchase/rent season one? will proly do that tonight

DonkeyKongSr 10-19-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Season 1 is just okay. Lots of the characters will be slightly different. However, you should watch it to get the feel for the show (it's kinda short anyway I believe), then in Season 2 they tweak the characters a bit (such as Micheal going from dick boss to idiot boss) and it gets awesome and has been pretty much since with only a few episodes that miss.

noobstar22 10-19-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to rewatch, because I was busing winning monies during this, so as per my own policy you should ignore me, but I really really liked what I saw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dilznoofus 10-19-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Season 1 is just okay. Lots of the characters will be slightly different. However, you should watch it to get the feel for the show (it's kinda short anyway I believe), then in Season 2 they tweak the characters a bit (such as Micheal going from dick boss to idiot boss) and it gets awesome and has been pretty much since with only a few episodes that miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Season One (six episodes) was awesome. Had they produced a full run that good it would probably be the best one of the series.

I think of Season 1 and the first half of Season 2 prior to Booze Cruise as being one season, and it's my favorite run of episodes.

DeezNuts 10-19-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing would make me happier wrt to the show than Kevin getting killed off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I laughed pretty hard when Michael was asking about who would know about fights being thrown and Kevin mouthed "The mob".

keepitreal 10-19-2007 06:40 PM

thoughts i havent seen mentioned:

how classic is it of michael to hate his boss/the stupid meetings/etc and be clueless of the fact that he is the telemarketing boss o fdunder mifflin.

i got a sense that "they" knew this was going to be a classic episode and put a little more effort into certain shots. i actually pause my DVR and take screenshots sometimes of awesomeness and make them desktops from time to time. examples: michael leaving the telemarketing with his fist raised. jim and dwight in the stairwell. michael sitting on the train.

the cold open wasnt great as a whole but the "oh my god, michael's gonna kill me" line got me to laugh out loud.

in the background of a kelly/darryl shot, u can see a marker board of quarterly sales (ty kindly dvr+hd). it reads as follows (rounded):

andy-129k
jim-127k
dwight-120k
phyllis-118k
stanley-117k

i love when in an hour all you get out of a character like creed or toby is one line but its sooooo worth it. i'd love to see more of them but at the same time the lack of coverage is what makes them great.

Jack of Arcades 10-19-2007 06:42 PM

"You give love a bad name" was definitely the best part.

Assani Fisher 10-19-2007 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This really surprises me, I think Michael is my least favorite character of anyone on the show tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

My rankings:

1. Dwight
2. Jim
3. Pam
4. Michael
5. Kevin
6. Stanley
7. Andy
8. Creed
9. Kelly
10. Ryan
11. Toby
12. Jan
13. Angela
14. Oscar
15. Phyllis

Did I forget anyone(major characters only)?

69sofine 10-19-2007 08:29 PM

darryl is becoming a pretty big character imo

Assani Fisher 10-19-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It certainly wasn't the funniest episode, but it made up for it with some good drama. I'm surprised to see so many people loving the whomever scene. I laughed, but it was nothing special.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just so many good jokes in rapid fire fashion....probably one of my favorite scenes ever.

Yeti 10-19-2007 08:43 PM

the first half of this thread i couldn't believe what i was reading. thankfully vagos/nielso/sublime stepped in with common sense.

it was ok, but nothing special. some great, some chaff. same as most of these 1hr eps.

the whomever scene now goes down in history as the most overrated scene ever.

Assani Fisher 10-19-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
darryl is becoming a pretty big character imo

[/ QUOTE ]
True...eh, put him in around #13 or #14 I guess.

Yeti 10-19-2007 08:51 PM

kevin at 5 and darryl at 14?

sweet jesus.

Freakin 10-19-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the first half of this thread i couldn't believe what i was reading. thankfully vagos/nielso/sublime stepped in with common sense.

it was ok, but nothing special. some great, some chaff. same as most of these 1hr eps.

the whomever scene now goes down in history as the most overrated scene ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the last couple 1hr episodes were much much worse than this one. i really enjoyed this episode but definitely won't call it the best or funniest ever.

whomever/whoever was ok for most of it but it got great as soon as Toby started to properly explain it because you knew what was coming next.

Driving up to the farm was fantastic

I think I laughed the hardest when Darryl was leaving the meeting and Ryan was trying to be tough and look him in the eyes then turn his head down and picked at some lint as soon as Darryl looked at him. Rewatch that part if you didn't see it before--it was priceless

Max Raker 10-19-2007 08:53 PM

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was that we didn't get to hear Scrantonicity II.

XXXNoahXXX 10-19-2007 09:02 PM

creed is the man.

for the past week i've been greeting my girlfriend with sup bra and using "later skater" when I leave the apartment.

the other night my girlfriend opened the fridge and said "Can we get some Red Bull for these things? Sometimes a girl's gotta ride the bull. Am I right?" and i was dying laughing for like ten minutes.

kelly also has had more laughs this season than before.

istewart 10-19-2007 09:45 PM

If Toby is your 11th favorite character, stop posting.

Also Yeti, stay in Britain forever plz.

Freakin 10-19-2007 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
creed is the man.

for the past week i've been greeting my girlfriend with sup bra and using "later skater" when I leave the apartment.

the other night my girlfriend opened the fridge and said "Can we get some Red Bull for these things? Sometimes a girl's gotta ride the bull. Am I right?" and i was dying laughing for like ten minutes.

kelly also has had more laughs this season than before.

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes you gotta ride the bull

Assani Fisher 10-19-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

sweet jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevin is hilarious.

I don't think I can remember more than one or two funny Darryl lines.

I youtubed "office darryl" and got a few 20 second clips.

I youtubed "office kevin" and got a ton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyU2CpOjkOY

Yeti 10-19-2007 10:46 PM

Assani,

Quality, not quantity.

istewart,

I will stay in your mom forever.

Freakin 10-19-2007 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

sweet jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevin is hilarious.

I don't think I can remember more than one or two funny Darryl lines.

I youtubed "office darryl" and got a few 20 second clips.

I youtubed "office kevin" and got a ton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyU2CpOjkOY

[/ QUOTE ]

Meredith: Where'd you get that salad?
Kevin: Staples

DukeSucks 10-19-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

how classic is it of michael to hate his boss/the stupid meetings/etc and be clueless of the fact that he is the telemarketing boss o fdunder mifflin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also liked how the boss said something about Michael not making any sales, which is also what he used to say to Ryan.

KneeCo 10-20-2007 12:41 AM

I like the ep, best of the season.

I think Michael should have been vindicated a bit as a salesman in the telemarketing place like he's been previously, felt like he should have closed the deal where he was talking about the customer's family and stuff.

But that's a very minor concern, a bigger one is with constantly taking the show out of the office, because of the documentary premise, this is often distracting. The camera following the characters by car is too distracting for my taste, as are things like the camera at the B&B with Jim and Pam (did the crew just stay in their room all night?).

Those complaints aside, I really liked the show, and for the record, I like Kevin.

The Mayo 10-20-2007 01:09 AM

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7858/whom2or6.gif

Assani Fisher 10-20-2007 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

Quality, not quantity.

istewart,

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize this. Do you really think I'm arguing for Kevin, a character who probably has >5 lines per show, based upon quantity? Nearly every one of his lines is $$$$.

I remember laughing a few times at Michael trying to "act black" around Darryl, but honestly thats more Michael than Darryl. Perhaps you could tell me whats so funny about Darryl.

Assani Fisher 10-20-2007 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the ep, best of the season.

I think Michael should have been vindicated a bit as a salesman in the telemarketing place like he's been previously, felt like he should have closed the deal where he was talking about the customer's family and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this confused me as well since we've seen in the past that Michael, despite all his stupidity, is actually a great salesman which explains why he is the manager.

TheRempel 10-20-2007 01:53 AM

It is somewhat confusing but telemarketing is 100% about the quick sale. It's all about volume, and as we have seen in previous episodes, Micheal's sales tactics are mostly about developing a personal relationship with the customer, something he would not be able to do in that environment.

69sofine 10-20-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

Quality, not quantity.

istewart,

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize this. Do you really think I'm arguing for Kevin, a character who probably has >5 lines per show, based upon quantity? Nearly every one of his lines is $$$$.

I remember laughing a few times at Michael trying to "act black" around Darryl, but honestly thats more Michael than Darryl. Perhaps you could tell me whats so funny about Darryl.

[/ QUOTE ]
i always think of this whenever he says anything so its always funny
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-8FlE8UG3...ed&search=

evil twin 10-20-2007 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This breaks various universal laws and therefore you must be wrong.

I loved the episode, the Michael and Jan scene where they finally talk was really touching. Just when they convince you Michael is a total fool and we start to dislike him properly they pull that out of the hat and we're back feeling sympathy for him.

His Boy Elroy 10-20-2007 07:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This really surprises me, I think Michael is my least favorite character of anyone on the show tbh.

[/ QUOTE ]

My rankings:

1. Dwight
2. Jim
3. Pam
4. Michael
5. Kevin
6. Stanley
7. Andy
8. Creed
9. Kelly
10. Ryan
11. Toby
12. Jan
13. Angela
14. Oscar
15. Phyllis

Did I forget anyone(major characters only)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot Meredith, but I'll just assume she's dead last anyway.

Yeti 10-20-2007 12:31 PM

btw, the reason i didn't go wild over the whomever scene is that it completely jars with the humour of the show. there has never been a scene written with that rapid fire dialogue from all the characters. i mean is this an office or a quentin tarantino film? you could tell it was written as an almost showoff piece. plus kevin delivered his line like a complete buffoon as always.

the powerpoint scene just before it was far superior.

Vagos 10-20-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Darryl is better than Kevin, not because he maybe has more moments than Kevin but just because I appreciate more the moments he does have. He has a bigger role this season but in Season 3, ton of great Darryl scenes; the Darryl/Toby/Michael car ride to New York and Safety Training come to mind.

Kevin just becomes too cartoonish at times, and his talking heads should never ever make the final cut. I'd be hard pressed to think of a single Kevin talking head that I would point back to as a funny moment, after an episode was over. They're all misses.

PRE 10-20-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, the reason i didn't go wild over the whomever scene is that it completely jars with the humour of the show. there has never been a scene written with that rapid fire dialogue from all the characters. i mean is this an office or a quentin tarantino film? you could tell it was written as an almost showoff piece. plus kevin delivered his line like a complete buffoon as always.

the powerpoint scene just before it was far superior.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with everything you've said in this thread, from people overrating the episode to Darry being a far funnier character than Kevin (in fact I don't find Kevin funny at all).

I was a little shocked when I saw people considering this for the best episode ever, but chose not to say anything since I went on a rant about the show being not as good as it once was in the last episode thread.

For everyone saying how great this episode was, have you even watched the first 2 seasons? I'm having a tough time seeing how anyone could say this episode was the best of all time (let alone that whomever scene being the best scene of all time). It was a solid episode, don't get me wrong, but just the fact that episodes are now one hour long makes it tough enough to put them in the "best ever" category. It also seems like a lot of the stuff is too contrived, as Yeti mentioned with the whomever scene and the entire beat farm scene.

Dids 10-20-2007 02:15 PM

There's something odd about people disliking Kevin for the reasons that Kevin rules. He's supposed to be an annoying doofus. That's what a Kevin does.

Upon rewatching, this ep rules. Hard.

Yeti's right in that the whomever bit is pretty showoffy, but I still liked it. Mostly because it's a nice bit about how meetings like this can get off topic.