Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524992)

whangarei 10-17-2007 03:02 PM

Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
The Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] scumbags!

jalexand42 10-17-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have at least two sources from inside AP. They have a bunch of leaks.

From talking to Adanthar on AIM, a bunch of people there are talking to him too.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, Absolute's only prayer in the world is to totally come clean, provide restitution, and try to SOMEHOW convince people it's safe to play there.

This is going to just snowball from here. They better take aggressive actions before it does. The typical initial human reaction here is to stonewall, cover up...if they do that, they're killing their company.

I still suspect the chip dumping facet of this means the 'company' as a whole did not know this was happening, not that they are innocent, because they certainly should have PREVENTED it with good system controls.

The other great side effect of this is that you will certainly see other poker sites address their security to ensure none of this [censored] is going on on their own sites.

so sick bro 10-17-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, absolute is going down

[/ QUOTE ]

justice 1 time ftw?

fnord_too 10-17-2007 03:04 PM

wow

This is going to have a huge impact on online poker. Like I said in one of the first threads on this, the other sites need to be in full spin mode. Also, the PPA and other lobbyists need to be spinning this to stress the need for regulation and US providers.

ikestoys 10-17-2007 03:04 PM

plz plz plz let my money get out before they shutdown

lezzgo bank transfer, one time

holland3r 10-17-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have at least two sources from inside AP. They have a bunch of leaks.

From talking to Adanthar on AIM, a bunch of people there are talking to him too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad!

ammbo 10-17-2007 03:05 PM

Classic... AJ Green is quoted in this article as emphasizing the importance of security for players:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...7/ai_n15778705

estoysinblanca 10-17-2007 03:05 PM

U guys should watch out, cuz i'm sure the people who are behind this aren't gonna like the way you exposed them.. I'm afraid heads are gonna roll for this..

Good detective work.. but i'm afraid it won't go unpaid..

Clayton 10-17-2007 03:05 PM

Well, the next step is figuring out who the accounts GREYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG belong to

ikestoys 10-17-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the next step is figuring out who the accounts GREYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG belong to

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, they didnt give us all the evidence we need for that one yet.

fnord_too 10-17-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one important thing of note is that this new info contradicts Dan Druff's theory, which was sold on the four accounts belonging to players that were inactive in the absolute system for a very long time

the truth proves to be just hilariously dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan's theory was pretty solid. He was probably assuming that an AP employee (let alone a VP) would be such a [censored] idiot.

Kimbell175113 10-17-2007 03:07 PM

keep digging, please, we're getting closer to 100:

http://www.digg.com/offbeat_news/Abs...lown_Wide_Open

SenatorKevin 10-17-2007 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
U guys should watch out, cuz i'm sure the people who are behind this aren't gonna like the way you exposed them.. I'm afraid heads are gonna roll for this..

[/ QUOTE ]

*Thinks of the end of Jay and Silent Bob strike back as they hunt down all those evil message board commenters*

Alobar 10-17-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

am I the only one who thinks this getting on the front page of digg would be a bad thing?

SenatorKevin 10-17-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one of the top upcoming stories now, so other people can easily see it and digg it as well.

Gildwulf 10-17-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

am I the only one who thinks this getting on the front page of digg would be a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

media exposure is coming whether we like it or not

what is better...mass media exposure to make sure something like this never happens again and having other poker sites tighten up their security as a result, or helping AP sweep this under the rug?

kitchma 10-17-2007 03:11 PM

Dugg: #91

ammbo 10-17-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one important thing of note is that this new info contradicts Dan Druff's theory, which was sold on the four accounts belonging to players that were inactive in the absolute system for a very long time

the truth proves to be just hilariously dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no. POTRIPPER was never seen chip dumping, GRAYCAT and DOUBLEDRAG were. They may have decided to use their own accounts so that they would not have to chip dump any more.

Also, it is not uncommon for friends to play each others' accounts. It is possible that Scott Tom was using AJ Green's account and account 363 at the same time. Just saying, we can't know exactly who was playing the accounts but it is reasonable to say it was at least one of them, maybe more people, too.

whangarei 10-17-2007 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

gumpzilla 10-17-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, plenty of people have expressed the idea that they think this publicity will be bad for poker. I think there's a pretty good chance of that, at least in the short term, but who knows, it might lead to a better endgame. It does make an argument for better regulation, among other things. Since I personally don't have much financially at stake in poker, I would like to see this brought to as much light as possible, just because I would like to see Absolute completely destroyed.

mmbt0ne 10-17-2007 03:13 PM

Bump

And Dugg

And
[ QUOTE ]
all you have to do is register a Digg account (free, ez, fast)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like my prom night.

Also, any luck tracking this "AJ Green" down on Mark Seif's myspace?

SenatorKevin 10-17-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have been bad if a site that has limited bandwidth made it to the front page, as those sites typically get overrun with hits. At least the nytimes.com can handle a load. Media exposure is coming regardless. At least you can vote for it on digg.

whangarei 10-17-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is better...mass media exposure to make sure something like this never happens again and having other poker sites tighten up their security as a result, or helping AP sweep this under the rug?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a middle ground where AP gets its due AND the fish don't leave because they saw on CNN that online poker is rigged.

fluorescenthippo 10-17-2007 03:15 PM

who are the people he (steven levitt) thanks at the bottom of the article? are they 2p2ers?

fatpipe 10-17-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

media exposure is coming whether we like it or not

[/ QUOTE ]

it's pretty close I think...

iron81 10-17-2007 03:16 PM

I just found this article on an IT security website. Besides the Freaknomics blog, I think its the first article about this outside of the poker world.

adanthar 10-17-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Breaking news update that should surprise absolutely no one:

AJ Green is also POTSLAMMER, he of the 3 posts shilling for AP in his only thread. As we already know, The Watchdog, who comes in to defend him and co-shill for AP in that thread, is probably Scott Tom.

This is not the end of this story and more will be forthcoming along these lines.

RikaKazak 10-17-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just digged it or however you say that.

I signed up and registered in under 2 minutes. I was number 97...gogogogogogo people googogoggogo [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

CCx 10-17-2007 03:17 PM

Dugg - #99

goofyballer 10-17-2007 03:17 PM

Given AP's responses thus far it would be completely retarded to try to keep this from getting out into the mainstream media if we have any desire whatsoever for
a.) the truth about the AP situation to come out
b.) other poker sites to see that this sort of thing will eventually be caught and lead to their financial ruin.

I mean, seriously guys? "Let's keep this out of the media, AP will probably make this right on their own?"

Kimbell175113 10-17-2007 03:17 PM

100, there it is

jalexand42 10-17-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long term: wide open exposure of site's security records and methods is WAAAY better than short term coverups. This means some news will be bad, but if cheating activity is hugely exposed it will make sites scared to death THEY will be exposed.

As lapoker said: fish/gamblers will play no matter what. Those of us that want to play and beat the games at high stakes need to know the games are fair.

pokerstudAA 10-17-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Breaking news update that should surprise absolutely no one:

AJ Green is also POTSLAMMER, he of the 3 posts shilling for AP in his only thread. As we already know, The Watchdog, who comes in to defend him and co-shill for AP in that thread, is probably Scott Tom.

This is not the end of this story and more will be forthcoming along these lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

So sick. Keep up the investigative work guys. Very nice job so far.

SenatorKevin 10-17-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100, there it is

[/ QUOTE ]

100 diggs doesn't guarantee it makes it to the front page. It's based on how long the article has been out and what not. 100 diggs in 2 hours is very good though. Hopefully a few more and it makes it.

runout_mick 10-17-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long term: wide open exposure of site's security records and methods is WAAAY better than short term coverups. This means some news will be bad, but if cheating activity is hugely exposed it will make sites scared to death THEY will be exposed.

As lapoker said: fish/gamblers will play no matter what. Those of us that want to play and beat the games at high stakes need to know the games are fair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd much rather take a small hit now than worry about the long term integrity of the game.

I'm big on principle.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure we don't need a running digg-dugg count.

Gildwulf 10-17-2007 03:21 PM

keep trying with digg, it's not even close to the front page yet

basementproject 10-17-2007 03:23 PM

Spread the digg around to p5s & FTR, other forums maybe?

The sheer momentum of this whole thing seems unstoppable, so there's no sense now in holding back.

Keepitsimple 10-17-2007 03:23 PM

yes its definately good thats its out in the open. Btw what would happen if something like this happened at stars? Can they just hide under some tribe law or will they face serious concequences?

N 82 50 24 10-17-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've definitely thought about this possibility with regards to my own safety. Here's the way I see it...

a) People know my real name and what I look like
b) Tons of people interact with me on a daily basis
c) If I went missing or something, it would be relatively obvious
d) If the AP people want some very serious US Gov't attention, the best way to do that would be threatening or hurting Adanthar, snagglepuss, myself, etc. I kinda doubt they want that.
e) This is not meant to be a brag, but I have a well-off and well-connected family. They would not let it rest if something happened to me, especially considering how obvious it would be who did it and who was behind it.

They have a lot to lose by making that mistake. So I'm banking on that, among other things, to protect myself and my friends.

Gildwulf 10-17-2007 03:23 PM

i just want to point out there are 880 people reading bbv right now

average is about 150