Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   TheVOid DQ'ed? (Xpost) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523324)

Sciolist 10-16-2007 06:31 AM

Re: TheVOid DQ\'ed? (Xpost)

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, they aren't going to go after those people because there aren't large sums of money at stake. The only reason they went after TheV0id is because immediately after winning there were rumors of him being a multi-accounter, and of COURSE Stars looks into the huge wins.

They don't really have any incentive to go after the guys that barely cashed or didn't cash.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is untrue. Anyone who goes deep in a major tournament on PokerStars is security reviewed.

poker345 10-16-2007 07:26 AM

If they only catch the winner I'm really gonna feel like this is a failure though. I'm not saying this for Ray's sake either. There had to be multiple people and to not catch more than 1 find a little ridiculous. In there biggest tourney of the year this should have been one of the main focuses.

Finally if he was multiaccounting he was using more than the one account where are the others?
or everyone or none. and of course stars has to gave more details about that otherwise i dont feel safe about their rules and the way can confiscate 1000000$ of my possible win. if i dont know the rules how the ** can i follow them? like zeejustin time.
lose power is an absolutely unclear rule, and i dont want unclear rules when it is on risk a so big possible win.
Finally if he was multiaccounting he was using more than one account where are the others?

Soulman 10-16-2007 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, they aren't going to go after those people because there aren't large sums of money at stake. The only reason they went after TheV0id is because immediately after winning there were rumors of him being a multi-accounter, and of COURSE Stars looks into the huge wins.

They don't really have any incentive to go after the guys that barely cashed or didn't cash.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is untrue. Anyone who goes deep in a major tournament on PokerStars is security reviewed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Define 'deep' and 'major tournament'?

Soulman 10-16-2007 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just read through stars TOS and i coudlnt find anything about it. I really hope thats not agains tthe rules, cause i'm definitely gonna end up breaking that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] it happens monthly that i have to call a friend to take over for my shoddy interenet connection/unexpected thing i have to leave for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously man, get a backup connection?

Sciolist 10-16-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid I can't - it's not my department and to do so would be speculation that'll get me into trouble. There're examples of multiaccounters being thrown out before though, I think one was mentioned in this thread earlier (a Norwegian I think)

linuxrocks 10-16-2007 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they only catch the winner I'm really gonna feel like this is a failure though. I'm not saying this for Ray's sake either. There had to be multiple people and to not catch more than 1 find a little ridiculous. In there biggest tourney of the year this should have been one of the main focuses.

Finally if he was multiaccounting he was using more than the one account where are the others?
or everyone or none. and of course stars has to gave more details about that otherwise i dont feel safe about their rules and the way can confiscate 1000000$ of my possible win. if i dont know the rules how the ** can i follow them? like zeejustin time.
lose power is an absolutely unclear rule, and i dont want unclear rules when it is on risk a so big possible win.
Finally if he was multiaccounting he was using more than one account where are the others?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know what amount of resources are required to un-earth some thing like this? If PS tried to find every multi-accounter, they need huge resources and they will never find anyway. I don't think every thing can be automated. Finally, catching the biggest culprit at least deters some people from doing this.

Props to PS!

KneeCo 10-16-2007 01:09 PM

pokernews article

[ QUOTE ]
In a story that swirled through various poker-discussion forums for two weeks, PokerStars had been conducting an ongoing investigation into allegations about the winning account, "TheV0id", in its recent World Championship of Online Poker Main Event. Recently, Stars confirmed that TheV0id had indeed been disqualified, bumping all other finishers up one spot. The body of the text posted by a Stars security representative read as follows:

[...]

Among the biggest beneficiaries of the decision are runner-up account 'ka$ino', who now collects a $1.378 million first prize, an increase of over $530,000 from his previous winnings, Stars-sponsored pro Vanessa 'LadyMaverick' Rousso, who jumps from third to second for an increase of nearly $250,000, and Josh Arieh, who confirmed his identity as original sixth-place finisher 'nitbuster' in an exclusive interview with PokerNews' Steve Horton days later. Arieh picks up an extra $75,000 based on the latest adjustment.

[/ QUOTE ]

THAY3R 10-16-2007 01:21 PM

Isn't Arieh banned on PS?

KneeCo 10-16-2007 01:57 PM

Why would he be?

scarr 10-16-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know what amount of resources are required to un-earth some thing like this? If PS tried to find every multi-accounter, they need huge resources and they will never find anyway. I don't think every thing can be automated. Finally, catching the biggest culprit at least deters some people from doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much credit here...he probably just played with TheV0id, TheV1id, TheV2id...

pokerstudAA 10-17-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't Arieh banned on PS?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is most interesting is Josh Arieh was accused of colluding with Big Cy (Mark Wilds) and as I believe received an under-the-table suspension and ban. Josh Arieh also used his wife's (Angela) account atl angela until being asked to stop by stars as Angela doesn't even play poker.

Arieh finished 6th in the WCCOP ME under the screen name "nitbuster." Josh Arieh, who confirmed his identity as original sixth-place finisher 'nitbuster' in an exclusive interview with PokerNews' Steve Horton days later. Arieh picks up an extra $75,000 based on the latest adjustment. LINKY

Arieh plays under the screen name "razorbax"
Arieh also played under the name "atlangela"

atl angela: Started playing on February 2nd, 2002, stopped playing July 7th 2003.

razorbax: Started playing September 21st, 2003, stopped playing April 10th, 2005.

nitbuster: Started playing on May 1st 2005 and until now. LINKY

Ansky 10-17-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would he be?

[/ QUOTE ]

o8 collusion i thought?

Soulman 10-18-2007 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid I can't - it's not my department and to do so would be speculation that'll get me into trouble. There're examples of multiaccounters being thrown out before though, I think one was mentioned in this thread earlier (a Norwegian I think)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah ok, understandable.

On another note since I'm Norwegian:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8...asnotmegg4.jpg

momo_the_kid 10-18-2007 05:09 AM

potripper made his superuser ability so obvious and theV0id is stupid enough to use an account that never played any tounaments to win the biggest online MTT in history. we are just lucky that all these cheats are relatively stupid human beings who dont know how to cover themselves well. so they got caught pretty easily. those intelligent cheats are much more dangerous...

Kongsgaard 10-18-2007 01:01 PM

Have the players allready rechieved their extra prizemoney after TheVoids DQ?

momo_the_kid 10-18-2007 02:50 PM

yeah. they got it right after the official statement.

mbpoker 10-18-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see... how ridiculously unclear of them. What if I get a phone call and decide I'd rather leave than finish the tournament. Can my husband play longer than 10 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is clear, just apply common sense. The only "clear" alternatives are: a) allow multi-accounting with no restrictions, b) no exceptions, period. I don't like these alternatives.

rabbitlover 10-18-2007 04:12 PM

From the posts I have seen here, it seems that everyone is talking about this being a "multi-account" cheat. Do we know that to be fact, or is it possible there is something even worse like hole card cheating ability (i.e. Absolute)?

I fail to understand Stars statement of privacy for the one caught cheating, and feel they should do much more in letting us know what the exact nature of this is.

NHFunkii 10-18-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I see... how ridiculously unclear of them. What if I get a phone call and decide I'd rather leave than finish the tournament. Can my husband play longer than 10 minutes?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is clear, just apply common sense. The only "clear" alternatives are: a) allow multi-accounting with no restrictions, b) no exceptions, period. I don't like these alternatives.

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, but that doesn't answer my question. This isn't just me trying to think of something to mess with their rules system, I've actually skipped tournaments recently that I might have played if I thought I could switch off if I wanted to leave a few hours in. I had thought the new rule was no exceptions period, but apparently not.

Shooz 10-18-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah. they got it right after the official statement.

[/ QUOTE ]
where did the other threads on theVoid go? I've lost every post I've made?!