Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520840)

MicroBob 10-12-2007 06:25 PM

Re: Step 6 is 18 entries

yeah Teddy - I kind of alluded that earlier on in this thread.
Those 2-table $2100 buy-in bad-boys are not going to be filling up very quickly to be sure.
If they switched it around to 1-table they would fill-up MUCH more quickly. I would guess even more than twice as quickly as the 2-tables because when you get to 5 or 6 on a 1-table I think you can find people to grab those remaining seats pretty fast.
When you get to 5 or 6 on a 2-table then you tack on 3 or 4 more players who would be willing to jump in but don't even bother because it's not even close to starting. And those who do jump in don't really get it that much closer either.

I really hope Stars changes it over to 2-tables for step 6.
Even more, I hope I personally get to take advantage of this change.

1p0kerboy 10-12-2007 07:22 PM

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket
5th - 215 step 4 ticket + $25
6th-9th 215 step 4 ticket

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the single-table step 6 would lead to THAT many more leftover tickets, would it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob,

If only one player gets out at the final level and the other eight are getting recirculated throughout the steps, there is going to be a lot of leftover tickets.

Mischman 10-12-2007 08:29 PM

T$ is a more specific form of Cash meant to keep money in tournaments,

W$ is a more specific form of T$ meant to keep money in the "world live tournaments things/"

We need P$ which would be a more specific form of W$. It accomplishes everything for both players and Pokerstars. The reason Pokerstars wont let you buy/sell/trade the step tickets are because they want the money to be kept in the PCA loop. By making P$ people get those instead of tickets, they can be bought and sold through sites just like T$/W$. Players can win a step and sell it or play more lower steps with them. I think its a good idea and has real potential. Dont think it would have time to be put into effect this year but IMO it would be great for next year.

PokerStarsJeff 10-12-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see 1 table step 6 maybe something like this.

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's another vote for 1-table Step 6's with a single package and a flatter payout that includes re-entries into Step 6 and 5.

I'm currently sitting on a Step 6 ticket, but Jeff if you're still monitoring this thread, perhaps you could chime in as to whether you think the above scenario is even a possibility b/c if it were, then I'd wait to use it so I could play in it instead of the 3-prize 2-table Step 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an excellent chance that a one-table, 9-player Step "6A" will be added, awarding one PCA seat and "replays" in steps 5 or six to lower finishers.

That is not to say it is a certainty... but I'm told it may happen, and may happen soon.

Also, Poker Room Management has decided that unused tickets will definitely roll over to WSOP tickets for similar Steps, to begin after the conclusion of the PCA promotion. There may be a several week period when there are no Steps running (i.e. WSOP Steps might not start until March or so) so players are encouraged to use up all tickets in the PCA promotion -- if you don't, they won't be converted to cash and you'll have to wait for the WSOP steps.

If you're between 18 and 21 (i.e. ineligible to play in the WSOP), you'll likely *not* get a more direct cash or W$ conversion. You'll play for your WSOP seat and, if you win it, it'll be held until you're 21.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, am I correct that because winners of multiple prize packages are allowed to basically just accumulate as many trip packages as they can, but take them in the form of $W...

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

[ QUOTE ]
...and that there's a lot of high-stakes SNG pros that just buy-in directly to the $2,100 Step 6, and feast on the fishier players that bought in low and worked their way up? If so, perhaps some people would like some Steps tables that can ONLY be bought into with tickets won from the step just below.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our tournament director reads this forum, so I'll leave it to him to see this. Personally, I doubt it will happen as offering FOUR choices instead of two at the top would cause the Step 6's to go far less often... and based upon the Step 6 events that have run thus far, there doesn't seem to be as much cherry picking as you might think (i.e. there are more ticket winners entering than you'd guess).

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security

Shoe 10-12-2007 09:34 PM

Re: Stars has STEPS SNGs to the PCA

Anyone know the best way for Americans to deposit money onto stars now?

Henry17 10-12-2007 09:36 PM

Moneygram

Shoe 10-12-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Moneygram

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see moneygram as an option. Do you know if that still works?

CCx 10-12-2007 09:56 PM

It works fine - listed as Cash Transfer.

MicroBob 10-12-2007 09:56 PM

shoe - it's called 'cash transfer' among the deposit options. Read all the instructions there...or you can also search moneygram on here.

PSJeff - Thanks for all the info and for listening to our feedback.
Great news about the possibility of single-table Step 6's.

Really digging these steps on Stars so far even though I have yet to make it out of freaking Step 1.

Shoe 10-12-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It works fine - listed as Cash Transfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!!! didn't realize those were the same.

WutRUTryin2Hit 10-12-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Our tournament director reads this forum, so I'll leave it to him to see this. Personally, I doubt it will happen as offering FOUR choices instead of two at the top would cause the Step 6's to go far less often... and based upon the Step 6 events that have run thus far, there doesn't seem to be as much cherry picking as you might think (i.e. there are more ticket winners entering than you'd guess).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that offering too many choices at the top will put a real hurt on the games filling up, this may have been the problem with Party's lousy WSOP steps never filling last summer. I think it's almost a foregone conclusion that once the single table step 6 games open though, the 2-tables will never fill ever, I don't think anyone really loves that idea. I know stars will probably leave them up for the length of the promo, but they're not really going to be diluting anything, noone will use them I think.

I'd be interested to know the numbers of people who bought into tonight's step6 with a ticket rather than cash though, the field definitely looked like it was filled with "cherry pickers" as you put it, although maybe a lot of them got in with tickets they won by buying direct into step 5 or whatever.

_dave_ 10-12-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PSJeff - Thanks for all the info and for listening to our feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob 10-12-2007 10:36 PM

wutru - in the very least, i like the fact that Stars seems to be keeping a close eye on these things right from the very beginning. Makes me feel slightly more confident that crazy high-stakes collusion might be caught.
And they do seem geuinely interested and perhaps concerned about the cherry-picking aspect.

Not sure if adding single-table Step 6's would increase the likelihood of more high-stakes cherry-pickers entering the fray.

WutRUTryin2Hit 10-13-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wutru - in the very least, i like the fact that Stars seems to be keeping a close eye on these things right from the very beginning. Makes me feel slightly more confident that crazy high-stakes collusion might be caught.
And they do seem geuinely interested and perhaps concerned about the cherry-picking aspect.

Not sure if adding single-table Step 6's would increase the likelihood of more high-stakes cherry-pickers entering the fray.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I think stars is doing everything right so far, these steps are much better setup than party's WSOP steps were imo. I'd rather have a single table step6 like everyone else seems to agree, but sounds like they're gonna do that soon probably. I love Stars, seriously, why can't every site be like them.

As for the cherry picking thing, I would rather not have guys buy in direct, but that's mostly self-interest. I think the steps concept does lose a little something if 90% of the players are just guys who normally play the highest sngs anyway and it just becomes a $2000 SNG that pays W$. If Stars does decide to address this they could eliminate direct buyins as people here have asked, or just say that people who already have a seat can't play or something, so ppl who want to buyin to step6 direct can still do it until they win one. I remember UB used to run satellites for their Aruba event that were restricted to people who hadn't won a seat yet, same sort of idea.

I'm just happy there are more ways to win into PCA, it's a goal of mine, and Stars is awesome for providing a 4th method in addition to the 3 main ones.

I'm not sure what collusion issues there are with this above and beyond the same ones that exist with any high stakes game, but let me put an end to it right here: Hey guys, colluding is NOT COOL. There, that oughta nip it in the bud.

CharlieDontSurf 10-13-2007 12:47 AM

In terms of the high rollers just buying in direct and crushing the level 1/2/3 steppers...you could always only have steps 1-5 be direct buy-ins and make Step 6(or the top level Step): tickets only, no direct buying in.

Step 4 = Same price as Sunday Millions so it would be cool if your ticket would work for both Step 4's to PCA,WSOP,random 10-12k events etc or they could be used to directly buy-in to the Sunday Millions or Second Chance MTTs.

Also when they run the $530 and $1000 end of the monthers they might be able to offer a special Step 5 just during those weeks.

The lower steps need to be Turbos.

All the steps should be single table, and the top level steps should have 1st(and 2nd if the numbers work) paying out top prize while the rest of the 9 players get another step ticket.

1-3 getting seats and 4-18 getting nothing is incredibly lame.

Thanks for creating these PS...I love steps.

Mischman 10-13-2007 02:05 AM

wonder what would happen if i won a round 2 ticket and self excluded myself

KSOT 10-13-2007 05:59 AM

Can't give 2 seats for a single table step 6.

The buy-in is $2000 and the package is $12000.

I'm trying to think of a formula to divide the $18000 prize pool but it seems like it's impossible unless you add cash. Maybe something like:

1st - PCA ($12,000)
2nd & 3rd - Step 6 ($2100 + $2100 = $4200)
4th & 5th - Step 5 + $200 ($700 + $200 + $700 + $200 = $1800)

Although I'm sure some nits would find reason to complain about not getting cash for 2nd and 3rd... Maybe $100 to 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Also, I really like the idea of SNG pros not being allowed to buy into step 6 and even 5. That was the reason I never really bothered to invest much time into the Party steps, it seemed like a hopeless endeavor to me. The "once you win you can't enter" idea is a good compromise too.

jimg28 10-13-2007 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's another vote for 1-table Step 6's with a single package and a flatter payout that includes re-entries into Step 6 and 5.

I'm currently sitting on a Step 6 ticket, but Jeff if you're still monitoring this thread, perhaps you could chime in as to whether you think the above scenario is even a possibility b/c if it were, then I'd wait to use it so I could play in it instead of the 3-prize 2-table Step 6.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is an excellent chance that a one-table, 9-player Step "6A" will be added, awarding one PCA seat and "replays" in steps 5 or six to lower finishers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars please make this happen. Also I like the idea of not having direct buy ins into the final steps you must have a ticket. I think this would increase greatly the number of players qualifying for the PCA instead of having a few high end sit n go players just buying in directly and accumulating W$'s from the low end players that do happen to make it to step 6. Also maybe only allow a player to win step 6 once and any remaining tickets they have convert to T$. I know these will cut into stars profits, but i would think it would allow alot more players to play in the PCA

1p0kerboy 10-13-2007 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I really like the idea of SNG pros not being allowed to buy into step 6 and even 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dr_Chris 10-13-2007 11:42 AM

Be warned that any steps type tournament where rake is taken at every step generates a tremendous amount of rake, so while step 1 is advertised as $7 + 0.5 it is really a $4.55 + 2.95 tournament.

8,257 players pay $7.50 or $61,927 that is distributed as 3 12k packages and $1,606 to the 4th place finishers in step 1, while Stars keep the remaining 24k.

That said, I will probably use some FPP to play some step 1’s anyway.

Chris

Mark_K 10-13-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be warned that any steps type tournament where rake is taken at every step generates a tremendous amount of rake, so while step 1 is advertised as $7 + 0.5 it is really a $4.55 + 2.95 tournament.

8,257 players pay $7.50 or $61,927 that is distributed as 3 12k packages and $1,606 to the 4th place finishers in step 1, while Stars keep the remaining 24k.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

But playing step 1st's with FPP's is an awful deal...

$7.50/500FPP = 1.5 cents/FPP

You are way better off multitabling the 70FPP's...

Henry17 10-13-2007 01:03 PM

The 500FPPs are full of awful players.

I'd say their actual value is $13.5/500FPP

Mark_K 10-13-2007 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 500FPPs are full of awful players.

I'd say their actual value is $13.5/500FPP

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Good point.

I still can't believe they're worse than the 70FPP players... I routinely see 3 players (out of 10) left and the blinds have just changed to 50/100....

CharlieDontSurf 10-13-2007 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1st - 12000 PCA
2nd - 2100 step 6 ticket
3rd - 2100 step 6 ticket
4th - 700 step 5 ticket

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars please make this happen. Also I like the idea of not having direct buy ins into the final steps you must have a ticket. I think this would increase greatly the number of players qualifying for the PCA instead of having a few high end sit n go players just buying in directly and accumulating W$'s from the low end players that do happen to make it to step 6. Also maybe only allow a player to win step 6 once and any remaining tickets they have convert to T$. I know these will cut into stars profits, but i would think it would allow alot more players to play in the PCA

[/ QUOTE ]

[Phill] 10-13-2007 08:02 PM

The key to stopping the sharks at the top of the ladder killing off everyones dream is to stop people from winning multiple entries.

Also, expand this to all sattalites infact.

This is clearly best for Stars as it means you have 10 people with one seat rather than 1 person with 10 seats - its best for the non winning players as it means the field quality will slowly thin down.

Those who want to win multiple seats can cry me a river. Go play a cash MTT instead of a sattalite if you already have a seat.

Tenacious A 10-13-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The key to stopping the sharks at the top of the ladder killing off everyones dream is to stop people from winning multiple entries

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I think this would be great to roll out on a trial basis for the Steps. I see the names that have bought in directly to the $2100 Step 6 and it makes me not even want to try. But it would certainly help if, once they've won a seat, they were no longer eligible to play step sats. I'd also support no direct buy in for levels 5 and 6 making these qualifying ticket only events. Or having some way to only have the Step 6's played with other people who started at the same level you did...i.e. all the people that actually started from Step 1 would only have to play Step 6 against people that started from Step 1. Step 6 would need to be changed to a Single Table format and maybe you could register in advance to play at a set time to ensure they fill (like the Single Table VIP tournies against Poker Stars pros).

Finally and most importantly to me. There's not a chance of me going near these things until there's at least an option of playing Turbos at every level.

AaronL 10-13-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the rake even higher then this since you get people being recycled back to the same and lower levels? Of course the same arguement could be made for people who play any sats or take shots at higher tourneys with winnings from lower buy in events (since they pay more rake then people who buy in directly to a tourney) of course the softness of the sats should make up for a large percentage of the additonal rake...

CharlieDontSurf 10-13-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The key to stopping the sharks at the top of the ladder killing off everyones dream is to stop people from winning multiple entries

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I think this would be great to roll out on a trial basis for the Steps. I see the names that have bought in directly to the $2100 Step 6 and it makes me not even want to try. But it would certainly help if, once they've won a seat, they were no longer eligible to play step sats. I'd also support no direct buy in for levels 5 and 6 making these qualifying ticket only events. Or having some way to only have the Step 6's played with other people who started at the same level you did...i.e. all the people that actually started from Step 1 would only have to play Step 6 against people that started from Step 1. Step 6 would need to be changed to a Single Table format and maybe you could register in advance to play at a set time to ensure they fill (like the Single Table VIP tournies against Poker Stars pros).

Finally and most importantly to me. There's not a chance of me going near these things until there's at least an option of playing Turbos at every level.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Simple enough solution is to not allow direct buy-in to Level 6 and maybe Level 5. That's enough in itself. Unless Stars creates $$ STEPS then keep the multiple win option available for people who want to play STEPS and win the $W or $T or whatever they decide on.

PSJeff or PSBrian

The key things to put in place for the STEPS

1. No direct buy-in to Level 5 or 6. Level 4 and under only.
The whole concept of the STEPS system is you start at the bottom and work your way up.

2. Make the lower levels(1/2/3/4) turbos.

3. Level 6 is a single table with 1st paying out the $12K prize and 2-9th getting a STEP ticket of varying level.

4. Allow for STEP 4 tickets($215) to be used in the Sunday Millions and Sunday Second Chance/ETC.

5. Give 12K $T for every win after your first instead of 12K $W.

MicroBob 10-13-2007 10:34 PM

I don't think there's any chance of #5 happening.
If you want to encourage the top-notch pros to continue to play in them then giving them T$ instead is a good to do that.

I don't know how I feel about #4. If you do that then a lot of people will just play a bunch of step 2's as Sunday-qualifiers. If enough of these people take themselves out of the cycle via that option then wouldn't it become somewhat harder to get Step 3's and higher to run?
Probably wouldn't make that big a difference. Just something that occured to me though.
If they did this then I would very seriously consider playing them as a Sunday-ticket satellite instead and I'm not sure they want people using them for such a purpose.

westhoff 10-13-2007 10:36 PM

Nicely done Charlie! Agree with everything.

AaronL 10-13-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to encourage the top-notch pros to continue to play in them then giving them T$ instead is a good to do that.

I don't know how I feel about #4. If you do that then a lot of people will just play a bunch of step 2's as Sunday-qualifiers. If enough of these people take themselves out of the cycle via that option then wouldn't it become somewhat harder to get Step 3's and higher to run?
Probably wouldn't make that big a difference. Just something that occured to me though.
If they did this then I would very seriously consider playing them as a Sunday-ticket satellite instead and I'm not sure they want people using them for such a purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the they could just add a second set of 3 level step tourneys that pay out seats to weekly millions... these would be hugely popular without giving an exit to those who make level 3 but don't want to gamble up higher...

smartalecc5 10-14-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or the they could just add a second set of 3 level step tourneys that pay out seats to weekly millions... these would be hugely popular without giving an exit to those who make level 3 but don't want to gamble up higher...

[/ QUOTE ]

thats bad

CharlieDontSurf 10-14-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine two of the main headaches with introducing the STEPS is

1. Players are going to want Cash STEPS not just PCA/WSOP STEPS.

I know people have been asking Stars for this for awhile but they have never done it which leads me to believe that for whatever reason...they don't want to do it. Probably to much clutter unless they create a seperate STEPS category in the lobby.

*Personally I don't even really want to go to the PCA given I'm not sure I even could work wise...but I loved playing the STEPS on Party so I'm gonna play these a ton if only to try and win multiple packages and hopefully they implement some of my suggestions thus making it more worthwhile. I'd prefer cash STEPS but don't see that happening, so $T for multiple wins would be nice cuz in my opinion $W is pretty useless given I want to play my MTTs online on Stars...not live.

Offering $T for multiple wins essentially turns the PCA/WSOP STEPS into quasi cash STEPS after you accomplish what the STEPS are intended for(winning a ticket to PCA/WSOP/etc). It also allows them to run nonstop...though they would probably slow down during the week/month gap between events..PCA/WSOP/EURO etc etc.

2. The other problem is what to do with the leftover tickets.

Seeing that a level 4 ticket = the buy-in for Stars Millions/Second chance...it makes all tickets for Level 4 and lower useable 24/7 year round. Maybe when there is a gap between 12K events u simply only go up to Step 4 and people can hold onto their Step 5 and Step 6 tickets until the STEP 5/6 come back during WSOP/PCA/all other 12K events etc.

And every month during the last week you can create a special STEP 5 for the $530 and $1060 Sunday Million.

-In regards to the sit n go pro's. Making Step 5 and 6 ticket only and not allowing direct buy-ins is enough in my view no matter if they offer $T for multiple wins.
If the high rollers are willing to take the time to buy-in at the STEP 4 level and work their way up to STEP 6 then they deserve all the seats they win. You could always be hardcore and only allow direct buy-ins for Level 3 and lower but I think that is being a bit crazy.

I personally think it would be awesome if STEP 4 would = Sunday Millions tickets given you could build up a ton of tickets only having to work up to STEP 4 with an initial buy-in of $7. Also having special STEP 5s for the $530 and $1060 would be sweet too.

CharlieDontSurf 10-14-2007 12:28 AM

I think if you have STEPS that you can use your level 4 for Sunday Millions/2nd Chance/etc, wins at Level 6 = PCA/WSOP/EURO/other big tourneys etc, multiple wins at Level 6 = $T....you'll have players in the STEPS system playing a lot trying to win all of the above...it will just depend on what is being offered at the given time.

During events like PCA/WSOP etc a large portion will be playing for that. Some will be playing for the 12K $T after multiple wins. Others may play for the Sunday Millions Step 4 tickets.

When there is no 12K events...obv everyone will be playing for a Sunday Million ticket or to get to a sepcial STEP 5 for the higher buy-in Millions(or the SUPER TUESDAY). But you could always offer STEPS 5/6 which pay in $T if u really wanted.

Shoe 10-14-2007 02:26 AM

I personally would love to see a set of steps (it can be for cash or something seperate than this tournament), where the only way to enter is through step 1 and everyone has to win their way up. I doubt it would ever happen though as the site would miss out on too much money that would buy in at a higher step, but I think if they ran them as a seperate set of steps (such as that paid cash payouts at the end) it could work, and they would generate a very loyal following.

i don't think limiting the buy in to only step 4 or below would do much. It would help some, but the people would buy in directly to step 6 would just multi-table the the 4's all day to generate tickets, making it that much harder just to get past step 4.

I love the idea of having either a set of steps or seperate satellites that are dedicatee only to people who have not yet won a seat. This is in fact how I won a seat to aruba at UB. However, it can't be the only way to win a seat -- you have to give repeat winners a chance to win extra seats too. I'd say make half your steps/satelllites for repeat winniers, and limit the other half to non-winners. This has multiple benefits. Your PCA tournament will get more entries, and your field will be softer with all the donks that got in from the first-time winners tournaments. Also, there will still be plenty of chances to win additional seats with the other tournaments that will still be going around the clock (and filling almost as fast, with winners and non-winners alike -- even the donks who won a seat will try to win another -- and people who have not qualified will play in both). Also, the tournaments that are limited to non-winners will get more entries as you will convince more people to give those that might otherwise be scared away completely.

KSOT 10-14-2007 04:21 AM

Worked my first 500 FPPs into a step 4 with only one recycling and now I'm too afraid to play it lol...

A $215 SNG??? I wanna cash outttt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dr_Chris 10-14-2007 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the rake even higher then this since you get people being recycled back to the same and lower levels? Of course the same arguement could be made for people who play any sats or take shots at higher tourneys with winnings from lower buy in events (since they pay more rake then people who buy in directly to a tourney) of course the softness of the sats should make up for a large percentage of the additonal rake...

[/ QUOTE ]

This effect is included in the calculations so for every final level 6 game there has to be 1071 level 1 games with 9639 players, 1071 have tickets from level 6, 310.5 have tickets from level 2 and 8257.5 buy in directly.

Stars doesn’t have to collect rake on every level, Primas Rounders system is a good example that takes 10% rake irrespective if you enter on the first level or the last.

Chris

1p0kerboy 10-14-2007 08:55 AM

I would like to see either STEPS for Sunday Million tickets OR allow a STEP 4 ticket for entry into any Stars $215 event.

M.B.E. 10-14-2007 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what collusion issues there are with this above and beyond the same ones that exist with any high stakes game

[/ QUOTE ]
Satellite-format tournaments are inherently more susceptible to collusion than tournaments with a laddered payout schedule.

The reason should be obvious.

In addition, collusion is more difficult to detect and more difficult to prove, because in satellites even innocent strategy can appear rather odd (for example, folding despite huge pot odds).

Shoe 10-14-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what collusion issues there are with this above and beyond the same ones that exist with any high stakes game

[/ QUOTE ]
Satellite-format tournaments are inherently more susceptible to collusion than tournaments with a laddered payout schedule.

The reason should be obvious.

In addition, collusion is more difficult to detect and more difficult to prove, because in satellites even innocent strategy can appear rather odd (for example, folding despite huge pot odds).

[/ QUOTE ]

could you please elaborate? It is not obvious to me.

I'm surprised by this because the part of poker I have had the most success ROI-wise is satellite poker. I don't know if I just adapt to it better than others or what, but it would seem if collusion was prevalant in satellites my ROI would be worse.