Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   dear lebron james, (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515829)

ClassicBob 10-05-2007 09:13 PM

Re: dear lebron james,

[ QUOTE ]
People who like the Yankees who aren't physically located in NY are evil incarnate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna need you to change your avatar and location.

Arnold_O 10-05-2007 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thing is lbj insulted his own fan base by wearing the hat to the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy didn't turn his back when the National Anthem played. He wore a cap of the team he roots for to a baseball game. If his fan base is going to be fickle and demand the guy fall in line for Cleveland sports, [censored] 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

not the issue.

the issue is the taunting of cleveland fans by wearing the hat. (and the disloyalty)

it's a kick to the teeth of cleveland fans who haven't won anything since roughly '65

no city in the country is on a drought like that

MikeyPatriot 10-05-2007 09:36 PM

Arnold,

You're being ridiculous.

Victor 10-05-2007 10:26 PM

im really surprised you guys think its fine that lbj wore a yanks cap to a tribe vs yanks home game.

hint: it has little to do with him being a yankee fan.

zer0 10-05-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that if 'someone's team' gets knocked out/not in playoffs and they root for anyone other than Cleveland or Arizona, they have no soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

a good arguement could be made for any NL team, imo. i dont know who i'd root for if the sox get knocked out, but it would be one of them.

MikeyPatriot 10-05-2007 10:30 PM

And I'm surprised that anyone would care that LBJ wore a cap into a baseball stadium.

Losing all 10-05-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I live in Eastern/Central New Jersey, am I a horrible sports fan because I root heavily for the Yankees? Thats retarded. I can understand ripping people who live in Cleveland for rooting for the Yankees, but areas like Conn. and NJ should be included in the "its alright to root for NY teams" camps without calling them bandwagoners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how anyone could have a problem with a NJ/Conn Yankee fan. I sorta hate Yankee fans from say Philly down/over. a NYY/Cowboy/bulls fan from anywhere is a turd.

Victor 10-05-2007 10:35 PM

mikeypatriot, where are you from? who do you root for?

Max Raker 10-05-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I'm surprised that anyone would care that LBJ wore a cap into a baseball stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I would never care in a million years what team somebody supports but I knew for sure that quite a few people in Cleveland would be pissed about this.

MikeyPatriot 10-05-2007 10:48 PM

Grew up in the Chicago 'burbs, so I'm a "fan" of every non-Cubs Chicago team. I live in so. Indiana, so I've adopted the Colts as my AFC team.

Like kyleb and vhawk and others, I like a lot of other teams though.

I don't really see how any of that matters.

Victor 10-05-2007 11:05 PM

well, i guess i cant explain it well enough. just seems a bit insulting. cleveland fans are not normal. lbj is not just another fan. not just another athlete. hell, hes not even just another superstar. hes from here.

sure, he can root for hte yankees.

the closest i can think is brady who caused an uproar wearing a yankees cap in public. brady isnt from boston. he wasnt wearing it during a pivotal game. yet he took a lot of heat.

zer0 10-05-2007 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the closest i can think is brady who caused an uproar wearing a yankees cap in public. brady isnt from boston. he wasnt wearing it during a pivotal game. yet he took a lot of heat.

[/ QUOTE ]
and he wasn't at a red sox game wearing it, he was on the streets of new york.

i don't understand why some people can't grasp the concept of hometown fans being disappointed in lbj

MikeyPatriot 10-05-2007 11:18 PM

I grasp the concept, I just think it's silly. It's a sporting event. It's not a big deal.

Victor 10-05-2007 11:30 PM

ya, its not a big deal. but its still fckn stupid.

MikeyPatriot 10-05-2007 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya, its not a big deal. but its still fckn stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

We agree on something, though for different reasons.

Army Eye 10-05-2007 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think those of you who are calling the non-New York-based Yankee lovers evil incarnate are being a little short-sighted.

My dad was born and raised in Toronto and spent his whole life here, but was a Yankee fan until the day he died. Anyone who grew up with baseball in the fifties had ties to either the Yanks, Dodgers or Giants, because expansion had kept the game de-regionalized and the New York teams were at the top of any baseball news reporting source. New York was the center of the world.

It's entirely plausible that Lebron has a family member who taught him to be a yankees fan, or he just attached himself to their winning mystique in the mid-to-late nineties, when they just played the game better and more appropriately than anyone else (qualitied leBron could relate to). Hell, I'm a jays fan and have to face the sons of bitches too many times a year and look at them hovering over us in the standings, but despite that I respect the hell out of those nineties championship clubs.

Take it easy on the guy. He's a fantastic athelete, but he's still a human being with the biases that come with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, there are lots of legitimate reasons one could happen to become a Yankees fan. But if he's really a fan of the Yankees/Cowboys/Bulls..and I'd like to see that verified.. then that's a whole other story. He's just not a man.

Needle77 10-05-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree, there are lots of legitimate reasons one could happen to become a Yankees fan. But if he's really a fan of the Yankees/Cowboys/Bulls..and I'd like to see that verified.. then that's a whole other story. He's just not a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was a kid when he was rooting for those teams and kids love winners. He just stuck with them since. I see no problem with it. Why do you have to live near somewhere to be a fan? And so what if he was a frontrunner as a kid?

Arnold_O 10-06-2007 12:07 AM

this is lebron's biggest mistake since becoming famous his junior year of high school at st mary's akron

imagine if the the yankees were routing the indians in that 1st game and he stood up and cheered with that hat on.

ultimate disrespect for the cleveland fans who cheer like crazy for him.

no way should he have worn the hat.

the only question that remains is which team he abandons the cavs for.

knicks?

lakers?

heat?

any ideas anyone?

bones 10-06-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is lebron's biggest mistake since becoming famous his junior year of high school at st mary's akron

imagine if the the yankees were routing the indians in that 1st game and he stood up and cheered with that hat on.

ultimate disrespect for the cleveland fans who cheer like crazy for him.

no way should he have worn the hat.

the only question that remains is which team he abandons the cavs for.

knicks?

lakers?

heat?

any ideas anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

If only Lebron was a Steelers fan...

kidcolin 10-06-2007 12:45 AM

he [censored] smoked that thing

kidcolin 10-06-2007 12:47 AM

lol @ Manny putting his arms up in the air