Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Hevad Kahn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511936)

Eponymous 10-03-2007 08:12 PM

Re: Hevad Kahn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I would not have found this on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K5Rd58Tmoik

I would never have found this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pnoaj8b2bGM

and this is helping me making tilt go away

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats some of the funniest crap I've seen in a long time

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't tell if that's serious, a parody, or what. Either way, it's hilarious.

ceire 10-03-2007 08:16 PM

its all b.s cant stand the guy. I was playing with him in one of the side events before the main event and he didnt say a word for two days just seemed a pretty tight player, i guess im just jealous but he is a dick its all an act.

technologic 10-03-2007 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you guys would rather watch all the boring asians this year at the wsop with zero personality. It's nice to see people having fun playing a 10k tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...
Scotty Nguyen
Johny Chan
Men the Master
Tech "my-hat-only-fits-sideways-on-my-head" Logic
Evelyn Ng

and on and on...

Yeah, asians are boring...

[/ QUOTE ]

nice, i'm mentioned before evelyn ng

Zetack 10-04-2007 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you guys would rather watch all the boring asians this year at the wsop with zero personality. It's nice to see people having fun playing a 10k tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...
Scotty Nguyen
Johny Chan
Men the Master
Evelyn Ng

and on and on...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You post better trip reports...

charliecozz 10-04-2007 01:05 PM

BULLLDOZERRRR....
This guy is actually growing on me like a fungus.

AshtrayBroom 10-04-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought he was hilarious. the guy i hate the most so far on these broadcasts is the guy dressed like a high school foot ball coach wearing the ohio state stuff. his celebration after he wins every hand is really obnoxious. kahn just sorta acts like hes some jungle guy with his ooh ahh ooh ahh, that makes me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will second that! Sure he was having a lot of fun, but that guy was very very annoying.

Xanthro 10-04-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I would not have found this on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K5Rd58Tmoik

I would never have found this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pnoaj8b2bGM

and this is helping me making tilt go away

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a drunk Marlon Brando singing Mexican rap music.

glimmertwin 10-05-2007 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BULLLDOZERRRR....
This guy is actually growing on me like herpes.

[/ QUOTE ]

daxtrader 10-05-2007 08:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...
Scotty Nguyen
Johny Chan
Men the Master
Evelyn Ng

and on and on...

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotty? lol okay i'll give you that one.

but Johnny Chan? Men the Master? Evelyn Ng? LOL you can't be serious.

Eaglebauer 10-05-2007 01:37 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] the Khan damage control team.

Joseph Hewes 10-05-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um...
Scotty Nguyen
Johny Chan
Men the Master
Evelyn Ng

and on and on...

[/ QUOTE ]
Um... only Scotty on that list has personality, baby.

runninice 10-05-2007 05:24 PM

i just drank a whole green powerade

ESKiMO-SiCKNE5S 10-06-2007 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because obviously Hevad handles himself with such a high level of decorum and class. The reeling in the fish motion was completely uncalled for. I can't believe the guy had the nerve to make that motion when up to that point Hevad been the epitome of sportsmanlike behavior.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahaha irony considering we are talking about brenes

EN09 10-07-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...
Scotty Nguyen
Johny Chan
Men the Master
Evelyn Ng

and on and on...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice timing on the asian blast. who's up for dragging the lebanese or buhddist monks into the fray now.

kahn went out of his way to do the gorilla hoo-hah dance at times. personally, i enjoyed the 'reeling in the fish' antic tho... only since it was on kahn hisself. table antics are over rated and pointless. gonna have to tune into a chess, bridge or backgammon tourney and see what dances and screams they do.

EN

demon102 10-07-2007 11:09 PM

seems like a douche but I think he is just hyper active and is trying to have fun tell u the truth

yogadude 10-08-2007 01:41 AM

I cant believe I am saying this but I dont mind and actually like his antics. He's got his shpeel and he sticks with it. Better than that screaming swedish guy or twirling jacket guy.

Wetdog 10-08-2007 02:30 PM

I just kept thinking that a giant beer can would come down on him and a voice would come from above saying, "Men should act like men."

illegit 10-08-2007 02:54 PM

EV of Douchbaggery >>>>> EV of non-douchebaggery/class

Farfenugen 10-08-2007 03:01 PM

All,

Quit being a bunch of women. Khan's celebrations are fun and harmless. If you watch any interview with him he is a pretty funny and smart guy. When you have all stopped crying you should watch them.

Thanks

Pillars 10-08-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tufat, who cares how he is in real life? His TV persona is absurd and annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really dangerous opinion. I'd hope that people would be more interested in how someone acts in general than how they are portrayed on television.

I tend to agree that Hevad was often in pretty poor taste [even if it wasn't intentionally mean-spirited], but if we start considering people's 'television persona' to be more important than who they really are...I fear for the future of our society.

Eponymous 10-08-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...if we start considering people's 'television persona' to be more important than who they really are...I fear for the future of our society.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? He's not being misrepresented on television. He purposely is displaying these antics to millions of people, fully aware that people will base their opinion of him on what they see. If he wanted people to know the "real" Hevad Kahn (assuming it's different), he wouldn't act like a douche on television.

Pillars 10-08-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...if we start considering people's 'television persona' to be more important than who they really are...I fear for the future of our society.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? He's not being misrepresented on television. He purposely is displaying these antics to millions of people, fully aware that people will base their opinion of him on what they see. If he wanted people to know the "real" Hevad Kahn (assuming it's different), he wouldn't act like a douche on television.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's always some level of misrepresentation when people cut / crop / edit / splice film of an event. That said, I'm not trying to argue that Hevad somehow acted like an angel but was represented as a devil. I'm also not trying to argue that Hevad was someone unaware that his antics would be displayed to a huge audience. My main concern was with the 'television persona > who a person actually is' argument. In this case, maybe there *is* a one-to-one correspondence between Hevad's TV persona and who he actually is...but...

...The point is, I don't think any of us can know this...because almost no one in this thread actually knows him. The scary part is that some people seem to think they can make wide-sweeping generalizations about a person's character based upon a few minutes of watching them on television.

I'm much more concerned about this type of thinking when it comes to people drawing conclusions about things that actually matter, however, [like when determining where to place a vote in a presidential election]....or when the world of television becomes more important than reality itself [manifestations of this phenomenon: soap operas, the celebrity culture, etc]

Eponymous 10-08-2007 10:12 PM

I see your point, but there are certain judgments I can make after just seeing a few minutes (or even seconds) of their behavior. If I see someone call my mother a whore, I know that there's not much you can do to convince me that otherwise he's a great guy. If I see someone do some loud, boorish dance after winning a big pot (which of course someone else lost), I know that I respect them less than, say, Barry Greenstein or someone else that shows more respect for their opponents. And I can say that whether or not I know anything else about them.

Pillars 10-08-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see your point, but there are certain judgments I can make after just seeing a few minutes (or even seconds) of their behavior. If I see someone call my mother a whore, I know that there's not much you can do to convince me that otherwise he's a great guy. If I see someone do some loud, boorish dance after winning a big pot (which of course someone else lost), I know that I respect them less than, say, Barry Greenstein or someone else that shows more respect for their opponents. And I can say that whether or not I know anything else about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no real disagreement here. Even brief exposure to someone's behavior can give you a pretty good idea of who they are if the behavior they display is dramatic enough. I'm willing to be slightly more forgiving if the person in question is taking part in a high-stress endeavor...but, uh, only slightly. People still have to be responsible for their actions.

plzbenice 10-08-2007 10:31 PM

why did pokerstars actuallty sign up this guy? just to be able to have a wsopwinner again i guess?

because its one of the more reputbale sites and his behaviour doesnt really fit in with that.

JokersAttack 10-08-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why did pokerstars actuallty sign up this guy? just to be able to have a wsopwinner again i guess?

because its one of the more reputbale sites and his behaviour doesnt really fit in with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's like the posterboy for young gaming nerds.

not a bad sign up if you ask me.

txbarbarossa 10-10-2007 02:28 AM

This guy is a total social misfit. Total friggen nerd. Sit N Go robot idiot. And his sharkscope shows he might not even be long term winner.

The guy gets on TV and will always be remembered as a total freak.

--
http://auswalk.blogspot.com

Sir Folds A Lot 10-12-2007 02:54 PM

I think Kahn is just a immature spoiled brat with low social skills. He has no impulse control. When I when a big pot, I may be doing a gorilla dance on the inside, but I try to act like I've been there before. Of course a big pot to me is anything. Him doing it to Humberto is just in my opinion though. That Humberto is a clown. He must be good though cause that act has to put a target on his back.

Ohio state guy is more of a cheerleader type. He was not what I would call a classy player, but I wouldn't say he was a classless jerk either, just too soccer mom like I guess.

GSykes 10-12-2007 04:45 PM

I really hope that avatar isn't you.

supafrey 10-14-2007 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hope that avatar isn't you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, sir, are a liar.

mrwongie 10-14-2007 04:38 PM

LOL @ you retards bashing on khan, seriously. What he did is pure spectacular since everyone is talking about him. Fawk who finished 5th in the tourney??? bet 90% of you dont remember his name. If khan finished 200th place i bet more than 50% would still remember him cuz of his antics. He is doing this to get known, hence he will get a sponsorship easier. If khan was a gentlemen like the 99% of the field he wouldnt get exposure.
Why do you think you buy "brand name" goods when no name good sometimes are equally good, because of good marketing.

Butcho22 10-14-2007 06:06 PM

This was one of the funniest things evar...

PokerStars Game #12365424707: Tournament #70000023, $2500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (400/800) - 2007/09/30 - 20:09:18 (ET)
Table '70000023 314' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: RaiNKhAN (67200 in chips)
Seat 2: bigjoe2003 (55431 in chips)
Seat 3: hotmark777 (41904 in chips)
Seat 4: SueEllen82 (21002 in chips)
Seat 5: Zedzz (6652 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: mr rocknroll (487 in chips)
Seat 7: TravestyFund (22772 in chips)
Seat 8: astarisborn (46492 in chips)
Seat 9: Vaga_Lion (24183 in chips)
RaiNKhAN: posts small blind 400
bigjoe2003: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
hotmark777: raises 1277 to 2077
SueEllen82: folds
Zedzz: folds
mr rocknroll: folds
TravestyFund: folds
astarisborn: folds
Vaga_Lion: folds
RaiNKhAN: calls 1677
bigjoe2003: folds
*** FLOP *** [6d 2h Qd]
RaiNKhAN: checks
hotmark777: bets 2777
RaiNKhAN: calls 2777
*** TURN *** [6d 2h Qd] [Js]
hotmark777: bets 6777
RaiNKhAN: calls 6777
*** RIVER *** [6d 2h Qd Js] [9d]
hotmark777: bets 17777
RaiNKhAN: raises 17777 to 35554
hotmark777: calls 12496 and is all-in
RaiNKhAN said, "dsf,kjsdlkfjsdf"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RaiNKhAN: shows [Kc Qc] (a pair of Queens)
hotmark777: shows [2d Ad] (a flush, Ace high)
hotmark777 collected 84608 from pot

RaiNKhAN: misclick
RaiNKhAN: so sick
RaiNKhAN: i hate life
hotmark777: BULLDOZERRRRRRR
hotmark777: BULLDDOOOZEEERRRRR
hotmark777: OOOH AHHH OOOH OOHH AAAAH
RaiNKhAN: i dont even know what to say
ArdyJay [observer]: LOLOLOLLLLLLLL'
RaiNKhAN: its like
RaiNKhAN: im supposed to get mad
hotmark777: OOOOH AAAHHH OOOOHHHAAAAHHH
RaiNKhAN: but im not rly mad
hotmark777: BULLLDOOOOOZZZZZEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

simuk 10-14-2007 08:07 PM

HAHAHAHA

Manpriest 10-15-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just kept thinking that a giant beer can would come down on him and a voice would come from above saying, "Men should act like men."

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, thank you.

NoSetNoBet 10-15-2007 12:37 PM

I'm sorry, but I thought watching Khan and Humberto at the same table was the best part of this year's WSOP, and it's not even close.

"KHAAAAAAAANNNN!"

"HUMBERRRRTOOOOOOOO!"

GoBucksIndy 10-16-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was one of the funniest things evar...

PokerStars Game #12365424707: Tournament #70000023, $2500+$100 Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (400/800) - 2007/09/30 - 20:09:18 (ET)
Table '70000023 314' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: RaiNKhAN (67200 in chips)
Seat 2: bigjoe2003 (55431 in chips)
Seat 3: hotmark777 (41904 in chips)
Seat 4: SueEllen82 (21002 in chips)
Seat 5: Zedzz (6652 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: mr rocknroll (487 in chips)
Seat 7: TravestyFund (22772 in chips)
Seat 8: astarisborn (46492 in chips)
Seat 9: Vaga_Lion (24183 in chips)
RaiNKhAN: posts small blind 400
bigjoe2003: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
hotmark777: raises 1277 to 2077
SueEllen82: folds
Zedzz: folds
mr rocknroll: folds
TravestyFund: folds
astarisborn: folds
Vaga_Lion: folds
RaiNKhAN: calls 1677
bigjoe2003: folds
*** FLOP *** [6d 2h Qd]
hotmark777: bets 2777
RaiNKhAN: calls 2777
*** TURN *** [6d 2h Qd] [Js]
hotmark777: bets 6777
RaiNKhAN: calls 6777
*** RIVER *** [6d 2h Qd Js] [9d]
hotmark777: bets 17777
RaiNKhAN: raises 17777 to 35554
hotmark777: calls 12496 and is all-in
RaiNKhAN said, "dsf,kjsdlkfjsdf"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
RaiNKhAN: shows [Kc Qc] (a pair of Queens)
hotmark777: shows [2d Ad] (a flush, Ace high)
hotmark777 collected 84608 from pot

RaiNKhAN: misclick
RaiNKhAN: so sick
RaiNKhAN: i hate life
hotmark777: BULLDOZERRRRRRR
hotmark777: BULLDDOOOZEEERRRRR
hotmark777: OOOH AHHH OOOH OOHH AAAAH
RaiNKhAN: i dont even know what to say
ArdyJay [observer]: LOLOLOLLLLLLLL'
RaiNKhAN: its like
RaiNKhAN: im supposed to get mad
hotmark777: OOOOH AAAHHH OOOOHHHAAAAHHH
RaiNKhAN: but im not rly mad
hotmark777: BULLLDOOOOOZZZZZEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

[/ QUOTE ]

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Artsemis 10-16-2007 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tufat, who cares how he is in real life? His TV persona is absurd and annoying. If I was at the table with him, I woulda been like hey [censored] shut the [censored] up before I make you, this is poker not the special olympics, now shut the [censored] up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your forum persona is absurd and annoying.

...Oh, and I don't care what you're like in real life.

pernicus53 10-18-2007 09:02 PM

What Khan does CANNOT be the result of true emotion. A true adrenaline rush, sense of satisfaction, relief, or just joy in winning a big pot results in fists in the air, maybe jumping up, a little yell. It's visceral, and it happens right away. Khan feels that first, then he gets up and dances around like a moron in a contrived, attention-seeking manner. And he has the nerve to say that people who don't like his idiocy are "pompous." Scotty Nguyen, Daniel Negreanu, Clonie Gowen, and Phil Gordon all show emotion when winning and losing. I don't necessarily care for any of these people, but they are showing genuine emotion in a human way. They are not lower primates.

Mothercanuck 10-18-2007 09:56 PM

hes just teh biggest attention whore EVER and wanted MASS camera time and people to talk about him.

PenisCreamus 10-18-2007 10:27 PM

I think his outlandish antics are a direct result of having a small penis