Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Boston Celtics '07-'08 Banner 17 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506113)

Green Kool Aid 09-26-2007 07:41 AM

Re: Boston Celtics \'07-\'08 Banner 17 Thread

colin,

what percent of your moving back has to do with KG + Ray Ray?

BigPoppa 09-26-2007 09:21 AM

I saw the thread's name and immediately thought someone was off their meds.
Now that I ponder, it's not outside the realm of human comprehension.

kidcolin 09-26-2007 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
colin,

what percent of your moving back has to do with KG + Ray Ray?

[/ QUOTE ]

hard to say. The best way to put it is the trade was a good kick in the ass. I had gotten to a point where I could've hung around Sac for 10 more years, despite my disliking it, just because the job was pretty good. I had grown too apathetic.

O Fen�meno 09-28-2007 07:34 PM

celtics suck go bulls

Green Kool Aid 10-02-2007 07:40 PM

Got tix so far to:

opening night versus the wizards
dec 21 vs the bulls

Green Kool Aid 10-06-2007 03:28 PM

someone tell me whats happening plz

i dont have teevee

kidcolin 10-06-2007 03:36 PM

KG is beasting the glass.

Allen and House look good. Perk has been solid. Haven't seen much from Pierce.

Saw a few minutes of Tony Allen. I have no idea why.

They look really bad on D, but that's expected.

Aces McGee 10-06-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KG is beasting the glass

[/ QUOTE ]

He's also passing the ball well, which is huge if we're going to get the most value out of guys like Eddie House.

-McGee

Toro 10-07-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They look really bad on D, but that's expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched bits and pieces of this game and thought that while the Celtics had to work their asses off to get shots, the Raptors were getting easy wide open looks.

tuq 10-10-2007 07:00 PM

Did anyone catch any of today's game from London. I caught a bit of it, it happened to be on at the gym. Ah, so nice to hear the silky sound and analysis of Hubie Brown again.

Paul Pierce looked heavy to me, like he's trying to play his way back into shape. Confirm/deny?

kidcolin 10-10-2007 07:05 PM

He's looked heavy the past couple of seasons, but reports were that his weight is down from the previous couple of years, and he's on record as saying he wants to play at ~230lbs. He's listed as 235, but he's probably been closer to 240.

Hopefully I'll catch a replay of this game sometime soon. Need my Big Al Jefferson fix.

Ponies 10-10-2007 09:37 PM

jefferson did nothing this game.
perk looked good though

hiho 10-10-2007 10:59 PM

Where is this game even on tv? The league pass doesn't come out till next week.

Green Kool Aid 10-10-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is this game even on tv? The league pass doesn't come out till next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

was on espn2.

the free throw shooting was horrendous, but everything else was quite impressive.

perkins is looking FIT. rondo's D is just amazing, and the big three is really clicking.

bench wise, glen davis seems better than advertised thus far. gabe pruitt was terrible in summer league, and looks very overmatched against NBA players.

Toro 10-11-2007 08:15 AM

Pierce does look heavy and the commentators made note of his huge upper body. Perk looked lean and mean. Jefferson as someone else has already said did nothing.

BobboFitos 10-11-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pierce does look heavy and the commentators made note of his huge upper body. Perk looked lean and mean. Jefferson as someone else has already said did nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I mistook perkins for KG not once but TWICE. He's looking alot stronger and conditioned, it's good to see.

Green Kool Aid 10-11-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I mistook perkins for KG not once but TWICE. He's looking alot stronger and conditioned, it's good to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Perk is healthy, we have the best starting frontcourt in the East

34TheTruth34 10-11-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Perk had talent, we have the best starting frontcourt in the East

[/ QUOTE ]

James282 10-11-2007 12:54 PM

Do you guys mind if I bandwagon the Celtics this year? I used to be a Knicks fan as a kid, but they(among other things) made me really bored with the NBA. I'd like to get back on the board. I'm a pretty huge sports fan, and would serve the bandwagon well. I await your decision.

James

Green Kool Aid 10-11-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Perk had talent, we have the best starting frontcourt in the East

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will he ever be Alonzo Mourning? No.

Can he become a prime Nazr Mohammed or Jamaal Magloire? Yes.

Can you name a better frontcourt in the East? No.

Toro 10-11-2007 02:09 PM

It's okay with me. I don't even mind people jumping on the Red Sox bandwagon this late. The more the merrier.

kidcolin 10-11-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys mind if I bandwagon the Celtics this year? I used to be a Knicks fan as a kid, but they(among other things) made me really bored with the NBA. I'd like to get back on the board. I'm a pretty huge sports fan, and would serve the bandwagon well. I await your decision.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

mets fans are allowed. yankee fans aren't. You got my approval.

34TheTruth34 10-11-2007 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

James

[/ QUOTE ]

mets fans are allowed. yankee fans aren't. You got my approval.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, James hates the Yankees IIRC. Welcome aboard!

anatta 10-11-2007 03:16 PM

I know its just preseason, but my god the Celtics look good!

The thing that stands out is Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are such classy, under control, efficient ball players. This will rub off on the entire team. They will be playing "Celtic Basketball" for the first time in like 15 years.

KG also makes it look easy. I wish these guys were 5 years younger, but what can you do. I expect big things from them this year and the next.

Toro 10-11-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The thing that stands out is Ray Allen and Paul Pierce are such classy, under control, efficient ball players. This will rub off on the entire team. They will be playing "Celtic Basketball" for the first time in like 15 years.

KG also makes it look easy. I wish these guys were 5 years younger, but what can you do. I expect big things from them this year and the next.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only one thing that concerns me and it's going to sound a little ridiculous. KG is going balls to wall 110% of the time. It's a long season and I wouldn't want to see him either get injured and get worn down.

It's probably just the novelty of being on a new team with a chance to win and he'll settle into a more normal pace once the season grinds on.

James282 10-11-2007 05:24 PM

Cool - I'm in. I honestly think the Celtics will overperform many expectations because there is like no chance that Allen, Pierce, or Garnett have been playing their hardest in the last few years. You can feel their energy in the interviews. Basketball is such an emotional game that barring injury I expect big things.

kidcolin 10-11-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you happen to catch the highlights on SportsCenter? Maybe they just looked better because Stu Scott was woo'ing you with his sweet poetry slam skills.

Seriously did anyone catch that? My head exploded.

Lazy Meatball 10-11-2007 06:46 PM

Bandwagon fan here, I'm going to my first game opening night.

johnnylovescandy 10-12-2007 02:01 AM

According to the threads around here, it seems every team's home games vs. Celtics are selling out fast. NBA owners should be kissing Danny Boy's ASS right now that fans everywhere are dumb enough to dig into their near-empty wallets just to see Danny's 3-ring circus in person.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a dime to go see Boston's glorified version of the Bucks...

Toro 10-12-2007 09:13 AM

Haha, the Celtics haven't even played a real game yet and they already have haters. Oh man, this is gonna be fun.

kidcolin 10-12-2007 12:52 PM

saw this on deadspin.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9227/docriversrb1.jpg

To be fair, I'd have a raging hard-on standing that close to Rondo, too.

tuq 10-12-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
According to the threads around here, it seems every team's home games vs. Celtics are selling out fast. NBA owners should be kissing Danny Boy's ASS right now that fans everywhere are dumb enough to dig into their near-empty wallets just to see Danny's 3-ring circus in person.

Personally, I wouldn't pay a dime to go see Boston's glorified version of the Bucks...

[/ QUOTE ]
What an incredibly thoughtful post. I am intrigued by your ideas, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

IrishHand 10-12-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What an incredibly thoughtful post. I am intrigued by your ideas, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-13-2007 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, the Celtics haven't even played a real game yet and they already have haters. Oh man, this is gonna be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haters???
No way. Impossible. Unthinkable. Inconceivable. He has got to be the ONLY one...

Toro 10-17-2007 10:00 PM

Does a 40 point win in preseason mean anything?

chev9 10-17-2007 10:33 PM

The Knicks are [censored] terrible, but it was still fun to watch the Celts tonight.

I won my C's ticket lottery last night and get to go opening night, really looking forward to that.

Green Kool Aid 10-17-2007 11:45 PM

Man this team is so fun to watch.

James282 10-18-2007 02:18 AM

tbh, since the celts are such big favorites to make the playoffs, i honestly think they should focus on keeping these old guys healthy all season instead of worrying too much about seeding. though i suppose home court is a pretty big advantage in basketball...but idk...i think having a healthy core is a bigger advantage.

BobboFitos 10-18-2007 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tbh, since the celts are such big favorites to make the playoffs, i honestly think they should focus on keeping these old guys healthy all season instead of worrying too much about seeding. though i suppose home court is a pretty big advantage in basketball...but idk...i think having a healthy core is a bigger advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]give me the 1 seed plz

kidcolin 10-18-2007 02:51 AM

It's hard to believe I'll be in the garden 3 weeks from today. So psyched.