Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503762)

Dexytp22 09-25-2007 11:54 AM

Re: Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread

I think it's very possible that they have copies, most stores overstocked on em. Just try I guess.

willie 09-25-2007 12:03 PM

welp.....i was going to hold off on getting a 360 even longer but you guys have me pretty gassed....guess i have to bite the bullet soon.

ugh

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

vin17 09-25-2007 12:26 PM

gamertag: Torzen

I'm not bad.

Dire 09-25-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are the odds that i'll be able to walk into a Circuit City and buy one today? didnt preorder one or anything and have a $30 gift card there that i want to get rid of

[/ QUOTE ]

I just went by FYE to pick up another controller, and they had a couple of copies behind the counter. I'd imagine most major stores made sure to order bundles. Still waiting for mine to come in. Ordered online from Best Buy to get the free 1600 Live points with it.

uberoval 09-25-2007 02:59 PM

I stopped by the Walmart near my house around 9 pm last night hoping they would be able to sell me one a little early and was told nothing 'till 12:01. He also said I could wait in a line that would form around 10:00 and I politely declined. I stopped by there again on my way to work and picked up a copy. They had about 40-50 copies not sold and the counter guy said they sold about 60 at midnight last night.

xbox live tag : nosepicka (and i suck really bad)

BULL MARKET 09-25-2007 03:58 PM

is this game not in widescreen? do you guys have those two black bars on the each side of the screen?

toss 09-25-2007 04:18 PM

I sure hope I don't feel like throwing up like when I played Halo 1. (certain 3-D games makes me sick)

Also, Live action Halo on Discovery Channel.

Surprisingly good.

IlliniLou 09-25-2007 06:10 PM

got the game today, only $30 holla gift cards for Circuit City. Never owned a Halo game before and realized everyone i played against definately have played a Halo before. I am sick at Gears of War and it doesnt handle like it at all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] needless to say i need a lot of practice, which will take place tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] gamertag is the same as 2p2 name

rjoefish 09-25-2007 06:43 PM

Hurry up and finish the campaign guys, I want to discuss the ending. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Acein8ter 09-25-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
welp.....i was going to hold off on getting a 360 even longer but you guys have me pretty gassed....guess i have to bite the bullet soon.

ugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, I'm still on the orig xbox... I'm still trying to justify $500 for playing a video game. (Though I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Halo)

TheSalche 09-25-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, I'm still on the orig xbox... I'm still trying to justify $500 for playing a video game. (Though I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Halo)

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at some of the other games that will be available on the 360 this fall: HL:Orange Box, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, PGR4, COD:4, Unreal Tournament 3.

Take a look at those games and tell me that buying the 360 is a poor investment.

rjoefish 09-25-2007 10:02 PM

Guys, play MPer and have another person log in as a guest. How do you get them logged off without restarting teh xbox? I can't figure it out lol

Moonshine 09-25-2007 10:37 PM

god this game is so sick sick sick sick I ran out today and bought an elite 360 and this and now I dont want to go to work tomorrow or the next 50 days ahh

Jeff_B 09-25-2007 10:38 PM

anyone want to play the campaign with me? if you can even do that?

rjoefish 09-25-2007 10:45 PM

jeff, i'd be down for some legendary campaign at some point, maybe we can get a 4 man for it, would go quick heh

IlliniLou 09-25-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jeff, i'd be down for some legendary campaign at some point, maybe we can get a 4 man for it, would go quick heh

[/ QUOTE ]
there can be a 4 man campaign co-op? i'd be in if that even possible

Jeff_B 09-25-2007 11:01 PM

Oh no no I want to do the campaign im playing by myself right now and on the heroic setting i think and im dying nce about every 30 seconds i must be missing some key to this game to suck this bad..
if you want to play though i will

rjoefish 09-25-2007 11:05 PM

I finished on Heroic, but I hear that if you coop the difficulty doesn't scale so 4 people that are decent can march through it easy. Its not like Halo2, its like 1 where you just respawn after a bit and dying doesn't reset you back to the last checkpoint.

Dexytp22 09-25-2007 11:17 PM

Note to self: After not sleeping for 32 hours, don't try to play halo. I was playing so [censored] bad, and I was getting more pissed off, I just sucked so hard for the last 2 hours.

rjoefish 09-25-2007 11:19 PM

I can't lost in rumble pit lolz, almost a sergeant grade 2 rofl xp is gay

Jeff_B 09-25-2007 11:22 PM

wtf someone tell me why i such at this game soo much?
im at the part where im supposed to be finding johnsons crashed pelican been there for like 2 hours havent even come close to getting out of this area...

vin17 09-25-2007 11:28 PM

My brother and I still on the first level, on Heroic. Multiplayer and forge are a little distracting.

I'd be up for some 4 player Legendary co-op after I get through this campaign.

And Jeff, I can't really describe it, but try and double back a bit but head towards elevation. Again, I'm not too sure what exact part you're at, but that part is still fresh.

Edit: Despite having the game less than a day, I give it a 1352035/.4 The Halo: CE similarities are unmistakable (a good thing).

Also, for those who got the Limited edition, were one or both of your discs scratched at all? Pretty inexcusable IMO.

rjoefish 09-25-2007 11:29 PM

way points should come up =\ that's how i found most stuff when i was a little turned around

vin17 09-25-2007 11:44 PM

Wow, I was going crazy trying to figure out that Hi-Res screen shot gallery. I had been wanting to use one as my profile background.

Not bad for my first one eh?

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=13185612

You need to click on it to bring up a larger version. For the full size, click on it again.

Within the next few months there's going to be some Forge/saved films stuff that's going to blow everyones' minds, including Bungie. Stuff they never would have thought of.

Jeff_B 09-25-2007 11:48 PM

vin I double back and got a long range sniper gun and I managed to snipe out most of the enemies before they could even fire a bullet :[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]:

Hopefully ill get better though

those stupid guys taht are usually high up with the guns that shoot blue lasers are [censored] killing me

[censored] i think i may have found something i worse at then poker

wtf is the energy sword.. i have to stab people?

TruFloridaGator 09-26-2007 12:04 AM

Awesome game, getting towards the end....

IlliniLou 09-26-2007 01:04 AM

i got lost at that pelican part too, just go right and follow upwards. im at the part were you have to defend the hangar and all those damn things come after you. ive come to the conclusion im [censored] terrible. i spent an hour at just that part and havent come close to living. i'll try again tomorrow

AceLuby 09-26-2007 09:36 AM

Anyone play local co-op? It projects it in 4:3 on my widescreen. Anyone know why? Black bars on the side are annoying.

vin17 09-26-2007 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone play local co-op? It projects it in 4:3 on my widescreen. Anyone know why? Black bars on the side are annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you playing co-op with 3 people when this happens? If so, I believe it's necessary in order to prevent picture distortion.

If not, then your 360 might be configured for 4:3 and not the 16:9 which you obviously need. You can change it in the dashboard.

Also, if you got the Limited or Legendary edition, try using that video calibration tool on the Essentials disk.

AceLuby 09-26-2007 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you playing co-op with 3 people when this happens? If so, I believe it's necessary in order to prevent picture distortion.

If not, then your 360 might be configured for 4:3 and not the 16:9 which you obviously need. You can change it in the dashboard.

Also, if you got the Limited or Legendary edition, try using that video calibration tool on the Essentials disk.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 2 player local co-op. The cutscenes are all full screen, but when it plays in-game there are black bars on the left and right. Also, every other game plays in full screen (along w/ single player Halo), so it's not the system or my TV. I haven't tried 3-4 player. Also, I'm not the only one w/ this issue.

Just so I don't leave out anything

Halo 3 - Co-op local campaign
Connected vid HDMI
32" LCD Widescreen 1080i
Plays in 4:3

Can anyone w/ a widescreen TV try 2 player co-op and see if it's happening to their game?

Triptanes 09-26-2007 11:32 AM

ya triptanes is my gamertag, try to play some

school sux, y did I go back? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

AceLuby 09-26-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 2 player local co-op. The cutscenes are all full screen, but when it plays in-game there are black bars on the left and right. Also, every other game plays in full screen (along w/ single player Halo), so it's not the system or my TV. I haven't tried 3-4 player. Also, I'm not the only one w/ this issue.

Just so I don't leave out anything

Halo 3 - Co-op local campaign
Connected vid HDMI
32" LCD Widescreen 1080i
Plays in 4:3

Can anyone w/ a widescreen TV try 2 player co-op and see if it's happening to their game?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I've done some research on it and it turns out that Bungie made it this way for HD widescreen TV's. WTF!!! I think this is a horrible idea and they dropped the ball on this one.

Anyway, the workaround (though I haven't tried it) is to change the 360's viewing aspect ratio to 4:3 (instead of the proper16:9) You can then stretch the picture across the entire screen width. Not perfect becuase the screen is stretched, but (apparently) it looks better than the black bars on the side.

I'm going to give this a try and post results either later or tomorrow.

Jeff_B 09-26-2007 02:44 PM

wtf does this game not save when you leave it?
commence life tilt
how do i pick up my campaign where i left off?

edit: wow thats dumb...
anyone want to play today? im at sierra 117

does this game have the way to do campaign with random people since I dont really have friends to play with? (like gears)

which guns dont suck?
im mainly using plasma pistols at this point..

rjoefish 09-26-2007 02:51 PM

You do save and quit when you're done, then resume campaign when you come back in. I didn't have any problems with it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Jeff_B 09-26-2007 02:57 PM

yeah its weird you have to change youre starting place i figured it out

AceLuby 09-26-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

which guns dont suck?
im mainly using plasma pistols at this point..

[/ QUOTE ]

They all have their +'s and -'s, but in general bullet weapons work best against enemies w/out shields and plasma weapons work best against shields.

I like the default human weapons of battle rifle and assault rifle. Get good w/ the battle rifle and the game is almost trivally easy.

Jeff_B 09-26-2007 04:39 PM

heh yeah im gettign much better been doing the assault rifle mainly..
seems like I do ALOT of shooting duck behind rock and let health come back up and repeat... almost like gears play.

gusmahler 09-26-2007 06:59 PM

Is it better than Gears of War?

Dire 09-26-2007 07:14 PM

Wow. The numbers are coming out. 1.7million preorders. Within 20 hours of launch, over 1million unique players had played Halo 3 online. $170million on the first day, the biggest day ever in US entertainment history.

Tokyo!! 09-26-2007 07:19 PM

well that was a short campaign...