Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Things that say "I'm a piece of trash" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490475)

08-31-2007 11:30 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

J.A.K. 08-31-2007 11:31 AM

Re: Things that say \"I\'m a piece of trash\"

[ QUOTE ]
I say shopping at Walmart is one

[/ QUOTE ]

???

secretprankster 08-31-2007 11:34 AM

Thinking you can make the same thread week after week, except hidden behind a differently-worded title. Seriously, stop [censored] making this crap. Bluetooth, crocs, bumper stickers, blah blah we get it.

swingdoc 08-31-2007 11:35 AM

#1 Lawn ornaments
#2 Blackened or missing front teeth (any teeth really)

Boxed wine
Spit cup
Grills
Necklace clock with viking hat
Spoiler obv attached by owner on car
Playing bingo for money if you're less than 60 years old
Coupons at McDonald's
Uppity attitude cause you can afford the double wide

Jbrochu 08-31-2007 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I say shopping at Walmart is one

[/ QUOTE ]

???

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I hate the place. Every time I go into a Walmart it feels like I'm surrounded by scumbags.

Dids 08-31-2007 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...08_468x498.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Pacino looks like a HOBO

[/ QUOTE ]

JackInDaCrak 08-31-2007 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't move to Colorado...everyone wears Crocs! So, either Corcs are trashy, or there is a lot of trash in Colorado.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crocs originated in Denver. The Crocs company was founded by the same guy that founded Quiznos.

J.A.K. 08-31-2007 11:40 AM

I see some sad cases of people standing/sitting in convenience stores scratching off a paycheck's worth of lottery tickets. But I've also seen some well-heeled old ladies doing the same. So piece of trash might be pushing it.

guids 08-31-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like with most anything, if you look like a piece of trash, you're doing it wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no right way to wear crocs.

[/ QUOTE ]

chefs/cooks/kitchen people have been wearing them, or some form of them for years, they are great in the kitchen, otherwise I agree.

LetItBe 08-31-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't move to Colorado...everyone wears Crocs! So, either Corcs are trashy, or there is a lot of trash in Colorado.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crocs originated in Denver. The Crocs company was founded by the same guy that founded Quiznos.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Boulder, not Denver. Either way, they are awesome, just got me a pair. Housework, yardwork, taking the dog out, going to Target...I wouldn't wear anything else. I don't wear them when I go out or to dinner. I still don't get the hate.

swingdoc 08-31-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like with most anything, if you look like a piece of trash, you're doing it wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no right way to wear crocs.

[/ QUOTE ]

chefs/cooks/kitchen people have been wearing them, or some form of them for years, they are great in the kitchen, otherwise I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for hospital workers. Especially surgeons, scrub techs, surg nurses, etc.

Dids 08-31-2007 11:51 AM

"going to Target"

This is the trash line to me.

I might wear comfortable crap at home or whatever, but when I leave the house, I pretty much insist on looking presentable by my standards, even if it's just Target.

NajdorfDefense 08-31-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Spray-on tans ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

I love these, it's like a lower back tattoo but you can see it for miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

LetItBe 08-31-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might wear comfortable crap at home or whatever, but when I leave the house, I pretty much insist on looking presentable by my standards, even if it's just Target.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I find this silly. If I'm around the house in a t-shirt, shorts, and Crocs, and need to run to the store to pick something up, I am sure as hell not changing.

daryn 08-31-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was Boulder, not Denver. Either way, they are awesome, just got me a pair. Housework, yardwork, taking the dog out, going to Target...I wouldn't wear anything else. I don't wear them when I go out or to dinner. I still don't get the hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it has to do with the fact that they look ridiculous?

LetItBe 08-31-2007 11:59 AM

True, but why people get worked up is beyond me. I personally don't like a lot of different fashion styles, but I don't pass judgment or think badly of those who choose to wear it.

JackInDaCrak 08-31-2007 12:01 PM

So long as you're resigned to the fact that wearing your crocs to Target makes you look like a piece of trash, I don't think there's an issue here LetItBe.

Fast Food Knight 08-31-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spray-on tans ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

In moderation, I think these are fine. It's much better than hanging out in the tanning bed and looking 40 when you're 30.

daryn 08-31-2007 12:02 PM

i don't think anyone is getting THAT worked up.

LetItBe 08-31-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So long as you're resigned to the fact that wearing your crocs to Target makes you look like a piece of trash, I don't think there's an issue here LetItBe.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I am [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

XXXNoahXXX 08-31-2007 12:03 PM

If people are so obsessed with the OMG comfort of crocs, why not get the black ones, to minimize how awful they look?

LetItBe 08-31-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think anyone is getting THAT worked up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, there just seems to be a lot of hate. Either way, Crocs are awesome, they are perfect for around the house stuff even if you never wear them anywhere else.

Edit: I do have black ones. I was tempted to buy the Chicago Bears version though!

Clarkmeister 08-31-2007 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you don't.

suzzer99 08-31-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crocs must be a by-product of the Quizno's special oily-cream sauce.

HionelLutz 08-31-2007 12:09 PM

Wait, no one has said "wifebeaters" yet? Seriously? Wifebeater with jean shorts is trash 100% of the time.

Billy Bibbit 08-31-2007 12:11 PM

People who brag about avoiding Wal-Mart or Target would've been a great addition to the douchebags thread. Some people need to shop at discount stores because they don't have a lot of money; doesn't mean they're trash.

As for this thread
-anything with a Confederate flag obviously
-hanging Christmas lights when it's nowhere near Christmas
-wearing a trucker hat or a bandanna
-lawns that haven't been mowed in 2 weeks
-yard sales

Anacardo 08-31-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Spray-on tans ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

In moderation, I think these are fine. It's much better than hanging out in the tanning bed and looking 40 when you're 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am stunned, stunned, to hear these words from FFK. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Dids 08-31-2007 12:15 PM

Lumping Wal-Mart and Target in together is kinda unfair.

Wal-Mart people avoid for reasons beyond just status.

WTF @ Yard Sales. What else are you supposed to do with your old junk?

NicksDad1970 08-31-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, no one has said "wifebeaters" yet? Seriously? Wifebeater with jean shorts is trash 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure someone said it

J.A.K. 08-31-2007 12:20 PM

This doesn't look that bad:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1...etonredmd6.jpg

And if you ignore the yachts and houseboats, yeah, these people are trash:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2...crocs20on3.jpg

Billy Bibbit 08-31-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lumping Wal-Mart and Target in together is kinda unfair.

Wal-Mart people avoid for reasons beyond just status.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but the majority of the time I hear people brag about how they avoid Wal-Mart, it reeks of a snobby "I buy my clothes at Saks Fifth Avenue" attitude.

[ QUOTE ]
WTF @ Yard Sales. What else are you supposed to do with your old junk?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's actually worth anything I put it on Craigslist, and if it's old clothes or books or CD's that I don't want anymore and I could get maybe $0.50 for them, I'd just donate them to Goodwill or the library.

Fast Food Knight 08-31-2007 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Spray-on tans ftw

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am stunned, stunned, to hear these words from FFK. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really not as tan as you think I am. Hi, I'm Eastern European, blow me.

adsman 08-31-2007 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/2...crocs20on3.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy jesus. This photo is why there should be laws against....against..... well against this for a start.

rutang 08-31-2007 12:35 PM

this thread has convinced me to go out and try on a pair of crocs. I thought they looked kind of bad, but I had no idea they were so damn comfy.

everybody who says that "bumper sticker with x on it" is being stupid. what kind of bumper sticker isn't trashy? as a matter of fact, what kind of writing on your car isn't trashy?

blackize 08-31-2007 12:44 PM

My kid is an honor roll student stickers aren't trashy, but basically all other bumper stickers are.

SomethingClever 08-31-2007 12:46 PM

Crocs are more of a yuppie thing here in the NW. I don't associate them with trash at all.

James Boston 08-31-2007 12:47 PM

Does Mario Batali get a pass on the orange Crocs since he's been wearing them for years?

Dids 08-31-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Mario Batali get a pass on the orange Crocs since he's been wearing them for years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he wear Crocs or just standard kitchen clogs? There's a difference right?

I still don't understand why yard sales are trashy?

James Boston 08-31-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wearing a Bluetooth headset in a restaurant. Especially if it's a buffet.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Trash", to me, should typically convey some degree of economic bustoness. As such, this really fails the trash test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

Not necessarily. Have you ever seen a satellite dish or really nice sports car parked outside a trailer?

I don't think a bluetooth at a restaurant is all that trashy. I do think a guy wearing jorts, a t-shirt, flip-flops, and a bluetooth is kind of trashy looking - and comical.

James Boston 08-31-2007 12:59 PM

On all the coments about bumber stickers and car window decals...

I see this often. I think it's ridiculous and can only hope no one would ever do this if I died. The rear window decal that says "In memory of _______ 19xx-200x." Why would you dedicate a car window to someone's memory? Name a hospital wing after me. Name your first born after me. That's a tribute, not a window.