Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Foods That Taste Great at First, But Make You Sick if You Eat Anymore (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=473288)

Klompy 08-09-2007 03:53 PM

Re: Foods That Taste Great at First, But Make You Sick if You Eat Anym

A monte cristo.

oddjob 08-09-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funnel cake with strawberrys, confectioners sugar and whipped cream. The first half is great, the second half is a struggle.

[/ QUOTE ]

funnel cake alone. last time i had this was a few weeks ago. there were 4 of us. we all really wanted some funnel cake. i hadn't had funnel cake before. we got 1 for all of us to share, and i was thinking, 1 for all of us?

we didnt' finish half of it.

Howard Beale 08-09-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

WTF, there are a LOT of bad answers here.

And I cannot believe that nobody has mentioned fried chicken yet, especially KFC.

Also, Funyuns.

Seriously, a lot of you guys suck pretty bad at this. I will rip on some people's answers in a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pre-emptive, defensive attack:

Prime rib gets cold and congealed towards the end. Unless you gobble it down like a wolf it gets sucky 3/4 of the way thru. If you're with company you can't eat it like a wolf so that it doesn't get sucky 3/4 of the way thru.

As for sushi: How much raw fish can a person eat before they get sick almost by definition?

Well, that takes care of that. Howard (not my real name) is now immune from 2p2's 800lb gorilla.

Bostaevski 08-09-2007 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always get a headache if I eat too many eggs for breakfast.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many eggs are we talking here?? Isn't 2 eggs pretty standard?

For me I went on this week-long thing where every day around noon I'd end up with liquid colon blow and finally realized it was the Splenda I had been putting in my morning coffee.

The Farside 08-09-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Funnel cakes. The 2nd one sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf?? who orders more than one funnel cake? i have to split one four ways to get it down.

suzzer99 08-09-2007 04:26 PM

I can't eat more than about 5 plain potato chips w/o getting nauseous. But if you put some flavor on there, or even ridges, I can eat a lot more. Weird.

punkass 08-09-2007 04:29 PM

Just how big a prime rib are you eating Howard. Even if I go to Ruth's and order a prime rib, that last bit is just as juicy and wonderful and delicious and awesome....droool

guids 08-09-2007 04:30 PM

I will agree on teh sushi, but didnt say it because I cant eat it anymore (got sick off it about 6 months ago). Sushi, I cant keep eating and eating, becuase its just not the type of food to over indulge in imo. I love cold steak, so the lukewarm prime rib doesnt bother me.

El Diablo 08-09-2007 04:33 PM

suzzer,

"I can't eat more than about 5 plain potato chips w/o getting nauseous."

WTF is wrong with you? You are saying you wouldn't love to eat a small bag of plain Lay's? ARE YOU A TERRORIST?

4_2_it 08-09-2007 04:34 PM

http://www.nestleusa.com/nirf/cm2/up...Caps_Image.jpg

When I was a kid, I used to always get these every time we went to a movie. I always felt sick halfway through the movie.....

suzzer99 08-09-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
suzzer,

WTF is wrong with you? You are saying you wouldn't love to eat a small bag of plain Lay's? ARE YOU A TERRORIST?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nausea city. Been like that my whole life, ever since growing up with Guys chips in KC. We only had 3 flavors back then - plain, BBQ, and sour cream & onion. And we were grateful for all that variety.

I can eat the baked Lays all day.

guids 08-09-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
suzzer,

[/ QUOTE ]

Nausea city. But I can eat the baked ones all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a commie, not a terrorist then

Howard Beale 08-09-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just how big a prime rib are you eating Howard. Even if I go to Ruth's and order a prime rib, that last bit is just as juicy and wonderful and delicious and awesome....droool

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the problem. I had a 16oz (maybe 14) one the other night at Black Angus (a fairly decent chain steakhouse in case you've never heard of it). Maybe it was too big. By their nature they can only be served warm in the first place (I order medium rare). I don't want to knock prime rib in this thread since I order it regularly but I know going in that the last part can't be as good as the first.

btw: Tx for the HU on Ruth's serving prime rib. Morton's (my regular high-end destination) doesn't so I might go to Ruth's next time to check it out.

punkass 08-09-2007 04:58 PM

Howard: I'd call Ruth's or Morton's to see if they have prime rib. I've gone sometimes and they run out (!!!). My favorite was when they had a viking cut (like 20 oz) prime rib. That was awesome.

punkass 08-09-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I was a kid, I used to always get these every time we went to a movie. I always felt sick halfway through the movie.....

[/ QUOTE ]

man, as a kid, it was standard protocol to pig out on any candy you had. By this reasoning, i'd list snickers, ice cream, m&ms, and soda.

My next item: pop tarts.

Ook 08-09-2007 05:09 PM

*1. Candy corn - why do you think they only make it 1 season per year?
2. Cadbury creme eggs - ditto
3. Salad

WTF is with this hate on funnel cakes? This is the greatest food ever devised, ldo.

DrewDevil 08-09-2007 05:11 PM

Wow, I seriously LOVE oatmeal made with milk and one splenda packet. Mmm.

Blarg 08-09-2007 05:21 PM

foie gras

Lots of artificially flavored cherry colas have a bitter aftertaste, so those too.

CharlieDontSurf 08-09-2007 05:25 PM

panda express

XXXNoahXXX 08-09-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When I was a kid, I used to always get these every time we went to a movie. I always felt sick halfway through the coming attractions.....

[/ QUOTE ]

snagglepuss 08-09-2007 05:29 PM

http://www.scottsiconiumstore.com/wv...20z%20cans.jpg

back in highschool i would have about one of these a week. the taste rapidly diminishes from even the first drink.

for this reason i would always try to polish off the entire can in ~3 drinks, or else i would be chucking half the can and wanting to vomit.

offTopic 08-09-2007 05:43 PM

2 things that I've ordered in restaurants about once every five years and then wonder why:

- potato pancakes...first one = good, then I run out of applesauce and wonder why I didn't just get regular pancakes
- italian sausage with polenta in marinara sauce...difficult if not impossible to maintain proper polenta-sausage balance and thus you are left with a plate with a lot of polenta on it, which begins to look (and presumably taste) like mortar.

nath 08-09-2007 05:47 PM

Pretty much all fast food / junk food. I mean, isn't that its purpose?

Blarg 08-09-2007 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 things that I've ordered in restaurants about once every five years and then wonder why:

- potato pancakes...first one = good, then I run out of applesauce and wonder why I didn't just get regular pancakes
- italian sausage with polenta in marinara sauce...difficult if not impossible to maintain proper polenta-sausage balance and thus you are left with a plate with a lot of polenta on it, which begins to look (and presumably taste) like mortar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sausage is a good one. It can be incredibly overpowering, but the first bites are so good. After a while it can kill a dish, though.

traz 08-09-2007 05:53 PM

http://www.munsonschocolates.com/cw2...lnut_fudge.jpg

Fnord 08-09-2007 06:05 PM

Raw Oysters
Octopus
Cotton Candy
Funnel Cakes

React1oN 08-09-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cinnabuns

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an excellent one. they always sound really really good, but a few bites in, i'm usually done with it.

[/ QUOTE ]COMPLETELY AGREE. I think it's mainly sweet stuff like this.

suzzer99 08-09-2007 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.munsonschocolates.com/cw2...lnut_fudge.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf is that?

Aloysius 08-09-2007 07:09 PM

lol I quoted the post to see the url - it's Munson's Chocolate Walnut Fudge. Looks like coagulated vomit.

-Al

kkcountry 08-09-2007 07:12 PM

fudge is a great answer. a bite is great, but i have no clue how people can choke down a brick of that stuff in one sitting.

supafrey 08-09-2007 07:14 PM

http://www.celluloidandvinyl.com/wp-...ldschlager.jpg

also,

http://www.drmcgillicuddy.com/images/fireball.jpg

traz 08-09-2007 07:20 PM

I didn't know what else to use as a picture of fudge [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

El Diablo 08-09-2007 07:23 PM

All,

Good answers so far:

cookie dough
white castle
cinnabon
cotton candy
McD's cheeseburger
biscuits
kfc
funyuns
candy corn
cadbury creme eggs
fudge

There were a few more marginally OK answers, but for the most part, people with answers other than those listed there were wrong and are probably stupid.

Pontuan21 08-09-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know what else to use as a picture of fudge [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

pooptoad ldo.

Blarg 08-09-2007 07:30 PM

You can eat large amounts of foie gras at once without getting sick of it? To me it's way too heavy and cloying to go through a whole bunch of.

Blarg 08-09-2007 07:31 PM

Also, chickenlivers and liverwurst.

Hmm, I think I'm spotting a liver theme here.

El Diablo 08-09-2007 07:33 PM

Blarg,

I have never eaten more than like 1.5 normal restaurant servings of foie gras, at which point I definitely could have eaten more, so I can't really say. I've never eaten an amount of foie gras that made me think it was not delicious, but perhaps it is a valid answer. I will try to find a foie gras buffet and put this to the test.

mason55 08-09-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.hotrockn.com/images/PopcornGirl.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Chinese?

mason55 08-09-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blarg,

I have never eaten more than like 1.5 normal restaurant servings of foie gras, at which point I definitely could have eaten more, so I can't really say. I've never eaten an amount of foie gras that made me think it was not delicious, but perhaps it is a valid answer. I will try to find a foie gras buffet and put this to the test.

[/ QUOTE ]

After my third serving of foie gras the wet dog smell usually becomes overwhelming.

Aloysius 08-09-2007 07:36 PM

Diablo - just buy a bunch of chicken liver or duck pate and start eating spoonfuls - I think it's close enough in richness to get the point across.

-Al