Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466206)

goofyballer 08-01-2007 08:57 PM

Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST

[ QUOTE ]
i'm great at picking up girls i just occasionally [censored] up in spots like this.

i like to nap [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz post in this thread more.

Also, Kolo, it sounds like you're way too into Micki for having not gone out w/ her yet and I'm assuming for not knowing her that well. I'm usually guilty of the same thing too so I'm not trying to be hypocritical, but that's def a problem and something I'm trying to work on as well.

Clayton 08-01-2007 09:02 PM

I PWN THE [censored] OUT OF EVERYONE AT PROPBETTING AND CC ROULETTE

AHAHAHA

goofyballer 08-01-2007 09:07 PM

Oh, and life brag: Back from Europe (like 7 days in Prague, 3 days in Vienna, 2 days in Budapest) which was sweet. I start my new job on Monday, so I'm staying in a hotel in the Bay Area now and after flying back yesterday just started the apartment hunt this morning. I already got an apartment lined up in a sweet location (it's no hudge loft like Keyser's, but $1700 only gets you so far in Silicon Valley), I move in a week from Saturday. Will have to spend my first week at work living out of a hotel, but such is the price of greatness.

snowbank 08-01-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and life brag: Back from Europe (like 7 days in Prague, 3 days in Vienna, 2 days in Budapest) which was sweet. I start my new job on Monday, so I'm staying in a hotel in the Bay Area now and after flying back yesterday just started the apartment hunt this morning. I already got an apartment lined up in a sweet location (it's no hudge loft like Keyser's, but $1700 only gets you so far in Silicon Valley), I move in a week from Saturday. Will have to spend my first week at work living out of a hotel, but such is the price of greatness.

[/ QUOTE ]

goofy,

what type of job are you doing?

goofyballer 08-01-2007 09:31 PM

Software programming.

Beat: Photobucket doesn't give me my avatar back until tomorrow. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

EMc 08-01-2007 09:51 PM

swwet goofy. GL yo.

Worm75 08-01-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Software programming.

Beat: Photobucket doesn't give me my avatar back until tomorrow. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the market like out there for new programmers right now Goofy??? Any serious demand or did you have to put some work in to get a position right out of school??

Kilillan 08-01-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am enjoying train man more and more. Can we make it required viewing for readers of this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you talking about the movie or the TV series? The TV series was my introduction to Japanese TV series. I loved the series, and have been a fan of all sorts of Japanese series since. I enjoyed the movie, too. I don't know if we should make it required viewing. It may give people false hopes. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, I watched the series/movie over a year ago, even before I got to japan.

I thought it was funnily realistic, but that's because it was based off a true story.

The ending, however, is depressing and unrealistic.

I want to see him snorting lines of morphine.

goofyballer 08-01-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the market like out there for new programmers right now Goofy??? Any serious demand or did you have to put some work in to get a position right out of school??

[/ QUOTE ]

I got really lucky and the first company I interviewed with hired me and gave me a sick offer, so I didn't really get a good grasp of what the entire market is like. I did have interviews set up (which I cancelled after being hired) with a couple different divisions of HP though. Our school had a job fair with a fair amount of tech companies, most of which were like "yeah, we have our booth here and all but you should really just go on our website and submit your resume." The company that hired me, fwiw, was at the job fair but was taking resumes and called me back because I guess they liked mine. But yeah, I did submit my resume to some other companies; Boeing barely noticed (I went on their website and submitted my resume for like 5 different positions and never got anything more personal than a form e-mail saying "sorry, not hiring you"), Google never responded, I don't really remember who else I sent it to. One other thing about my school was that they had a pretty good job-hunting website where companies could connect with students, and students could post their resumes for companies to receive, so even after getting my job (since my resume was still up there) I'd get a couple emails a month from smallish tech companies asking if I was interested in a position.

Summary: I have no idea, since many of these anecdotes conflict with each other. I suppose it depends on the company you're talking to.

Chaos_ult 08-01-2007 10:41 PM

Why do I keep getting instabanned from the IRC room?

Worm75 08-01-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran into this problem last night as well, would be curious if anyone knows why.

Jay Riall 08-01-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is marrying your 1st ever gf a serious beat? Assuming she is the only gf you have had in your short life. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

With absolutely no other information to go on, the answer is yes unless her name is Emma Watson .

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

man i dont post in the thread much, but I got much love for Emma Watson. I cant figure out why. She needs to turn 18 though so i dont feel like a creep

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1553/lon29qc1.jpg

SSNL Life please help - I've wanted to ask out this chick for ages, but I don't know what to say to her! I've tried many times but the words just won't come out! I tried my awesome PUA moves on her, but she just laughed!!!! Maybe I should write her a letter expressing my deepest love for her? I think she might like this speccy little kid with a scar on his head though! Whats my play SSNL Life?

Chaos_ult 08-01-2007 11:42 PM

Wingardium Leviosa her dress obv.

AndyP 08-01-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
sometimes, mods of certain chat channel ban the whole isp on purpose or mistake.. they could be trying to ban 1 person, or could be banning the whole isp on purpose. I used to ban whole aol.com isp's since aol = retarded back in the days. They set +b *!*@aol.com something like that, and whole aol.com users can't get into the certain chatrooms.

892King 08-01-2007 11:55 PM

I'm going to CMU, yay

892King 08-01-2007 11:55 PM

it's my first trip/stay to US actually

fees 08-01-2007 11:58 PM

wow shes REALLY [censored] hot.. ur a pretty big baller if u pull that

orange 08-02-2007 12:47 AM

gooodddd emma W is [censored] hot. i guess i've been saying that since she was like 15 though so i might have some issues.

phobos 08-02-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gooodddd emma W is [censored] hot. i guess i've been saying that since she was like 15 though so i might have some issues.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFMFT, only she was a bit younger than 15 when i noticed

goofyballer 08-02-2007 12:54 AM

CAterp (9:52:06 PM): wow that girl jay wants
CAterp (9:52:09 PM): is way beyond him

Levelled?

Jay Riall 08-02-2007 12:55 AM

Lol you guys are wrong. However, I did think the girl who played Luna in the new film was pretty cute, so I'm not the best one to judge....

Jay Riall 08-02-2007 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CAterp (9:52:06 PM): wow that girl jay wants
CAterp (9:52:09 PM): is way beyond him

Levelled?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I don't think so. Also, CAterp doesn't know anything about me - I could be a huge stud in real life for all he knows!

Edit : actually I don't think anyone with a post-count like mine on any internet forum could pull a girl like that, so I guess he's right [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Edit 2 : actually the girl I popped my cherry with isn't that much less cute than Emma Watson so screw you CAterp! And she had a bigger rack!

ASPoker8 08-02-2007 01:15 AM

emma watson

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Jay Riall 08-02-2007 01:47 AM

Just watched The Pursuit of Happyness, such a sick good movie. Really makes you appreciate how easy we have it money and security-wise. Haven't felt soo much for a film character in ages.

snowbank 08-02-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just watched The Pursuit of Happyness, such a sick good movie. Really makes you appreciate how easy we have it money and security-wise. Haven't felt soo much for a film character in ages.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, i thought it lacked a little action, but was a great story. like i wish they would have included more about how he did with his job, etc... in the movie. like that type of stuff though

Chaos_ult 08-02-2007 01:56 AM

Watch "Me, you, and Everyone we Know" if you haven't already.

orange 08-02-2007 01:57 AM

Jay, that reminds me I have to add a movie review:

Saw Rescue Dawn, a 'Nam movie starring Christian Bale. Many had mixed thoughts on this movie, I enjoyed it. It's erie how scary an environment that the jungle can be down there, crazy stuff.

I think that this movie captures the feelings of a 'Nam soldier very nicely. Although I am much too young to have experienced 'Nam and the effects, I can only wonder how devastating the war would be on a person.

SSNL, post some of your favorite movies. I think we did this earlier this year too. Recommend some great ones too, maybe we can spread some of the movies we enjoy.

I'll start: Goodfellas. My favorite movie, this is a great mob film that captures the day to day life of an Italian mobster. Unlike the Godfather movies (which show the perspective of a boss/head of the family), it shows what the life of a soldier or mafioso does to succeed in life.

I am a mob fanatic and read tons of books/watch movies on that stuff. If you havent seen goodfellas, see it.

snowbank 08-02-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whats it about?

snowbank 08-02-2007 02:00 AM

shooter, american history x, training day, city of god

Chaos_ult 08-02-2007 02:01 AM

Just recently watched "A Bittersweet Life"

Directed by the same guy who did "Oldboy"

I'm such a huge fan of this guy's work after watching these.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0456912/

Chaos_ult 08-02-2007 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whats it about?

[/ QUOTE ]

"'Me and You and Everyone We Know' is a poetic and penetrating observation of how people struggle to connect with one another in an isolating and contemporary world. Christine Jesperson is a lonely artist and "Eldercab" driver who uses her fantastical artistic visions to draw her aspirations and objects of desire closer to her. Richard Swersey (John Hawkes), a newly single shoe salesman and father of two boys, is prepared for amazing things to happen. But when he meets the captivating Christine, he panics. Life is not so oblique for Richard's six-year-old Robby, who is having a risqué Internet romance with a stranger, and his fourteen-year-old brother Peter who becomes the guinea pig for neighborhood girls -- practicing for their future of romance and marriage"

Taken from IMDB
http://imdb.com/title/tt0415978/

The plot summary doesn't do it justice. Just watch it

Jay Riall 08-02-2007 02:03 AM

Yeah good idea Orange.

My favourite movie of all time Apocalypse Now! Set in the Vietnam war, Martin Sheen is sent up river on a small boat to assassinate the renegade Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando, see my avatar) who has set himself up as a God to the native Cambodians. Its primarily about the madness of war and the connection between Sheens and Brandos characters, but if your not into the deep stuff just watch it for the awesome action, most notably the famous Helicopter attack to Wagner's 'Ride of the Valyries.'

Jay Riall 08-02-2007 02:06 AM

Yah snowbank City of God is a masterpiece, seen it soo many times now.

Oooh! For all you Tarantino fans (99% of you I imagine) check out one of his earlier less well known films True Romance. Think Pulp Fiction with an awesome love story. Off to bed now, I could talk films all day. Snowboarding tomorrow for the first time, wish me luck!

Speedlimits 08-02-2007 02:13 AM

Harsh Times- Christian Bale is the [censored].

Cue-Ball 66 08-02-2007 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I went round to my brother's house last night to join in the festivities they were having and watch The Mighty Boosh live in Brixton. About 6 people live at the house and everyone was there including me and another guest...slightly mentally unstable girl. Anyway, after the show everyone trundled off to bed, girl and I stuck around and watched some South Park, and the long and the short of it is...

Brag: Got mounted by super hot 18-19 yr old last night.
Beat: She's a bit crazy upstairs.
Brag: Zero commitments. Possibly booty calls?
Variance: First person I saw in the morning was her ex who she broke up with 4 days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK SSNL Love/Lust experts, I need some advice...

My intentions with this girl are fairly clear, basically she's not the type of girl I want a relationship with, but she's frickin' hot. So I certainly wouldn't mind the occasional bit of couch-loving while neither of us are in a relationship.

Her background is she just broke up with her last boyfriend, 'apparently' because he said he loved her and she said she was just wanting to have a bit of fun (though I don't have official confirmation on this - it sounds right though, knowing them both).

So as I said, we got it on a couple of nights ago, after which I gave her a lift to work in the morning. I haven't had contact with her since.

I'm thinking maybe I should send an SMS to her just saying to let me know if she's ever partying away at my brother's place again. Is this a good idea, and if so, what's the best way to say it?

freedom18 08-02-2007 03:14 AM

[x] she wants to have fun with you
[x] shes close enough to visit and make sexytime
[x] you've already had sexy time

????????? Profit ?

basically anything u do = win

Cue-Ball 66 08-02-2007 03:18 AM

But is it about profit, or is it about maximizing profit?

TheChad 08-02-2007 07:47 AM

I swear, SSNL Life has become Dr Phil's $^%$@#%^$ radio show.
Anyway, Orange, I just recently saw "Little Miss Sunshine." Reminded me of There's something about Mary but a little darker, a little more sardonic, and a little more $%^#$%% up. I totally identify with the guy who was committed. LOL all of the "normal" people in this world are CRAZY I tell ya!

TheChad 08-02-2007 07:50 AM

oh and Jay, very cute. Here's your line: "Hi, I'm Jay. I'm heading [out/etc] for a cup of chai/coffee/beer (but chicks dig chai). Would you like to come?" It's simple and straight forward. No bull. If she's interested, she'll come. If not, well, it's a great fantasy. ;-)

Wolfram 08-02-2007 08:01 AM

Emma Watson is cute as a button, but I wouldn't call her hot.

Give her a few years to fill in as a woman (she's super skinny atm).