Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465897)

suzzer99 08-01-2007 03:22 PM

Re: OT: [censored] thread, August, READ RULES IN TOP POST

Don't be a hater just because you don't know how to party.

MightyA6 08-01-2007 03:26 PM

So, my connection just freaked out and I feel like killing someone... I just [censored] hate it! Just lost two buyins but it's the fact that I can't do a [censored] about it!

Kibby 08-01-2007 03:28 PM

That's damn impressive.

MightyA6 08-01-2007 03:31 PM

Oh yeah, I need to close my tpt window while multitabling... the "The 2+2 Forums: .." is like a mousemagnet...

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be a hater just because you don't know how to party.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be joining me on a Saturday in the fall I assume? There is no bigger party than a Gator home game, of course when we're winning National Championships & [censored].

suzzer99 08-01-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's damn impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst part was hanging out with him the next weekend as he got drunker and drunker. He started playing with the thing on his forehead, and squeezing it, hard. Of course once we started telling him to stop that just made it even more fun for Sloppy (Sam's drunken alter-ego). He woke up the next day screaming in agony. [censored].

DevinLake 08-01-2007 03:40 PM

this looks like a picture of a guy that doesn't know how to party to me...

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9105/samcd1.jpg

lacky 08-01-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Girl (face 7, body 8) that I exchange texts with has some trouble with words. Like spells "varies" "very's", "Tuesday" "Teusday", and constantly uses the word "confidentiality" in ways that you can't even imagine. She wants to hang out once she comes back into town, but it hurts my brain to have conversations with her. I'm in a slump and she's fairly hot. Are there any drugs that suppress your desire to hand someone a book and direct them to study hall?

[/ QUOTE ]

WELL, [censored] you too. speller are so stuck up.

TruFloridaGator 08-01-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this looks like a picture of a guy that doesn't know how to party to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

bones 08-01-2007 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Girl (face 7, body 8) that I exchange texts with has some trouble with words. Like spells "varies" "very's", "Tuesday" "Teusday", and constantly uses the word "confidentiality" in ways that you can't even imagine. She wants to hang out once she comes back into town, but it hurts my brain to have conversations with her. I'm in a slump and she's fairly hot. Are there any drugs that suppress your desire to hand someone a book and direct them to study hall*?

*Applies only to strippers

[/ QUOTE ]

WELL, [censored] you too. speller are so stuck up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amended just for you and Andrew.

Also, what makes this more painful is that she claims to read all the time and suggests books I should pick up. Oh, and wants me to teach her poker.

blackize 08-01-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And look where I am now - practically infatuated already with no guarantee of a second date and completely overreacting to relatively minor things and thinking they mean she hates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir are emo.

Cakewalk v JuntMonkey Emo-off
May the best mascara application win!

bones 08-01-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And look where I am now - practically infatuated already with no guarantee of a second date and completely overreacting to relatively minor things and thinking they mean she hates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sir are emo.

Cakewalk v JuntMonkey Emo-off
May the best mascara application win!

[/ QUOTE ]

A true emo-off can only be settled via youtube monologue.

gogogogogo!

Paul B. 08-01-2007 03:58 PM

No one can beat bengie in an emo-off.

suzzer, your friend's welt looks mighty impressive and kinda gross.

suzzer99 08-01-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gogogogogo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please let this happen!

bones 08-01-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

gogogogogo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please let this happen!

[/ QUOTE ]

It rly should. Winner gets like 1k, loser has to smile and greet everyone with "What a great day!" and suppress his real feelings for a month.

suzzer99 08-01-2007 04:09 PM

I think for an emo-off the loser should get the 1k, since the winner is the real loser.

55offsuit 08-01-2007 04:10 PM

32 sng's without a win. And add in like 12 or so seconds and 10 or so 3rds. Im running [censored] today. I play 5 man sng's, thats why so high numbers. Top 2 get paid. Crap.

bones 08-01-2007 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think for an emo-off the loser should get the 1k, since the winner is the real loser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I kinda like rewarding the more emo one, bc the less emo guy will get all mopey and depressed about not being mopey and depressed enough.

terrellk11 08-01-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My friend Sam a week or so after a jaeger bomb night. He's not 100% sure how this happened but he thinks he fell off the porch face first. Or possibly someone kicked his ass. All he knows is he woke up in my buddy's front yard bleeding and somehow drove himself to the hospital, still drunk off his ass.

Yaeger bombs ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like a combination fall/ass-kicking to me.

hoyasaxa 08-01-2007 04:31 PM

it looks like hes sprouting horns
seriously wtf is that thing on his head??? Can a fall do that?

bones 08-01-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My friend Sam a week or so after a jaeger bomb night. He's not 100% sure how this happened but he thinks he fell off the porch face first. Or possibly someone kicked his ass. All he knows is he woke up in my buddy's front yard bleeding and somehow drove himself to the hospital, still drunk off his ass.

Yaeger bombs ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the kind of "fall" that lots of women take during the Super Bowl when they won't shut up.

MightyA6 08-01-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it looks like hes sprouting horns
seriously wtf is that thing on his head??? Can a fall do that?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

rhettoric 08-01-2007 04:47 PM

Do we still have "goals" threads in this forum?

Suzzer: your friend's head nodule is [censored] awesome. Does it have a name?

So, y'all probably don't know/care but I'm currently in the process of applying to med schools (my creds are good, I'm aiming for Columbia, Mt. Sinai, Cornell, possibly Harvard along with a bunch of backups). In any case, my mailbox is being inundated with offers from the U.S. army to pay for it all along with a monthly stipend ($1300) as long as I spend all my breaks on-base and 50% of the 5 years after I graduate on-base as well. It basically amounts to ~$350k. I'm already in a mountain of debt and it's tempting. I still have a lot of time and I don't know the full details, but I'm somewhat tempted.

the positives:
lack of debt after school
income while going to school
chicks think uniforms are hot
I'll certainly have some crazy stories.
I like the movie "stripes"

the negatives:
I'm 30 years old and basic would probably kick my ass.
I could end up dead.
I could end up like Private Pile in Full Metal Jacket (before death)
I'd likely end up much more humorless, and I enjoy my current, somewhat carefree attitude (still this will likely erode anyway, in simply becoming a licensed MD).
I won't be able to start my own practice directly after finishing

thoughts?

DevinLake 08-01-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. I kinda like rewarding the more emo one, bc the less emo guy will get all mopey and depressed about not being mopey and depressed enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

JuntMonkey 08-01-2007 04:50 PM

[censored], second time I've been called emo in a month. I'm pretty sure I'm not though.

STALLOWN3D 08-01-2007 05:02 PM

rhettoric,

How old will you be when you graduate med school? If you have to give 5 years afterwards, wont that put you close to 40? That just seems like a crazy idea to me. $350k in debt can't be fun either tho.

Personally I would avoid the military mostly cuz of the age thing and having to give 50% of the 5 years after you graduate deal, but this is coming from a 20 yr old who's grandpa is paying all the tuition bills.

Slim Pickens 08-01-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Girl (face 7, body 8) that I exchange texts with has some trouble with words. Like spells "varies" "very's", "Tuesday" "Teusday", and constantly uses the word "confidentiality" in ways that you can't even imagine. She wants to hang out once she comes back into town, but it hurts my brain to have conversations with her. I'm in a slump and she's fairly hot. Are there any drugs that suppress your desire to hand someone a book and direct them to study hall?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is arguably the best or worst situation in the world. I usually just booze up, grit my teeth through dinner, have spectacular angry sex (It's totally uninhibited because I hate them for how ridiculously stupid they are), take off the next morning and never talk to them again. Cruel? yes. Genius? perhaps!

I'm sure karma will catch up and I'll get a phone call that says a condom broke and I now have to deal with one of these rejects of beauty school for life as my child's mother...

Interestingly enough I had the opposite situation too, where I went on a blind date with a girl wasn't special in looks (face 6, body 7), but who was a linguist and incredibly interesting. I had no desire to bone her but I went out with her a few more times because I liked the conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bones: Try Repressitol. If that doesn't work, try sarcastic flattery. Chicks put out when you flatter them and you like insulting stupid people. It sounds win/win.

Rhettoric: Please recalibrate your scale. 4 should be average. 5 should be [censored]-worthy. It's important to leave the most resolution on the hot end of the spectrum.

Ditch Digger 08-01-2007 05:10 PM

I need a chip installed in my brain that shocks me anytime I enter a MTT outside of the big Sunday tournaments.

Ditch Digger 08-01-2007 05:12 PM

Suzzer,
Your friend is lucky to be alive. Looks like whatever caused that horn thing missed his temple by a centimeter. Pretty sure if he gets hit there he would've been a goner.

rhettoric 08-01-2007 05:17 PM

med school is 4 years but I won't be entering until next fall, so I'll be ~36 when I'm done. Residency can take two to five years (depending upon your specialization). I'm not sure if my residency would be in army hospitals and if so, if that work would count towards the five years or not. I suspect it wouldn't.

Yeah, no matter what, when I'm done I'm going to be old. I just look at it as the rake, it's still worth playing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

rhettoric 08-01-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Rhettoric: Please recalibrate your scale. 4 should be average. 5 should be [censored]-worthy. It's important to leave the most resolution on the hot end of the spectrum.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, with that scale she was 4f 5b

microbet 08-01-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yaeger bombs ftw!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3..._rahman150.jpg

Got a little Hassin Rahman going on on his forehead.

I don't know how an ass kicking got his ear scraped like that though.

chuckpalms04 08-01-2007 05:33 PM

is there any significant scholarship money available for med school students? i'm a musician and i'm stuck in a similar situation, proper schooling costs upwards of 40-50k a year. i spent a year and a half at conservatory for undergrad at 35k/year on 10k/year in scholarships, and generally speaking the scholarship fund sucks for undergrad, but when you get ready for grad school, that's where a lot of schools keep a good % of the scholarship funds, knowing that people going to grad school generally aren't on their parents' tab anymore and are going to have a hard enough time finding a job as it is when they get out. a lot of my friends are now going to grad school for free and are receiving stipend to go to the schools of their choice, and while i doubt there's a deal that sweet for med students, isn't there at least something?

MightyA6 08-01-2007 05:50 PM

Tonight I've got disconnected 3 times, one of the times for 3 minutes. Four tables with blinds at minimum 100/200, 3-4 players left (5 max), I managed to get ITM in all of them, won two! =) Pwnage

suzzer99 08-01-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored], second time I've been called emo in a month. I'm pretty sure I'm not though.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it make you feel to be called emo?

jgunnip 08-01-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight I've got disconnected 3 times, one of the times for 3 minutes. Four tables with blinds at minimum 100/200, 3-4 players left (5 max), I managed to get ITM in all of them, won two! =) Pwnage

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is up with your conneciton?

dipstikdave 08-01-2007 05:56 PM

TFG, i picked the lancer cuz it is shinier. actually i agree with Slim, tho.

Bones, just keep her mouth occupied with some other activity.

Slim, i haven't read the book, but your review was interesting and did not seem dickish to me. you seemed to go out of your way to give collin as much credit as possible. nice job.

Suzzer, my first thought was baseball bat when i saw it. did you touch it?

suzzer99 08-01-2007 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. But emo guys love to me all mopey and depressed. So in actuality you are REWARDING the loser, and not the other guy, who won't have any idea how to feel about having $1k fall out of the sky. He'll be like a fish out of water until he can find something to be melancholy about.

I think the only solution is to have the winner give us $1k and the loser gets nothing. That way the winner can have something really depressing to wallow around in, and the loser can look on and be depressed that he doesn't have a sob story like the guy who lost $1k. But not as depressed as the guy who lost $1k. Everybody wins, er... loses. Get it? I need to lie down now.

suzzer99 08-01-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Suzzer: your friend's head nodule is [censored] awesome. Does it have a name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott.

suzzer99 08-01-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the kind of "fall" that lots of women take during the Super Bowl when they won't shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Current working theory is he took a head-first dive off the front porch, which has 3 steps down to a concrete walkway. The scrape marks are consistent with a head sliding across the concrete. He's thinking maybe he was outside trying to smoke or something, fumbling in his pockets and just fell forward off the porch - too drunk to bother putting his hands up or doing anything to break his fall. Wheeeee - crunch.

Would have been a pretty spectacular sight/sound combination if that's how it went down.