Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations Forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=452966)

Josem 07-18-2007 07:57 PM

Re: Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations Forum

also, gatorade vs dean. can chat there and set up their grudge match.

perfect!

Myrtle 07-18-2007 09:02 PM

Re: Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations For

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As far as mudslinging goes, I personally draw the line at mothers and won't retort to that part of your post. You might excel at hating, but you suck in the class department.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No genteel sensitive types allowed!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

......sounds like you picked up on some of Barfthis's obvious hypocrisy.

Be prepared to be inundated with his latest version of Barfthisian pretzel logic. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

2/325Falcon 07-18-2007 09:07 PM

The forum should mirror the 1-on-1 debate threads with a main thread reserved for the actual participants and a corresponding sweat thread for the rest of the haters to post gratuitous OH SNAP! gifs in.

Myrtle 07-18-2007 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The forum should mirror the 1-on-1 debate threads with a main thread reserved for the actual participants and a corresponding sweat thread for the rest of the haters to post gratuitous OH SNAP! gifs in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, hell.....that would be no fun at all.

We need a real pile-on, free-for-all place for all extraneous vitriol!

Personally, I'd LOVE to have a forum where I could figuratively sit on Barfthis's face and cut a juicy one after a good helping of taco's and re-fried beans. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

blutarski 07-18-2007 09:25 PM

hell, let me mod it. i'll get invites to join threads on a daily basis.

kkcountry 07-18-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m211/cvandiv/no.png

kkcountry 07-18-2007 09:32 PM

and if there ends up being a Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations Forum, what good will the Mod's Forum be?

blutarski 07-18-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES, if for no other reason than to make you mad.

kerowo 07-18-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you? Seven?

niss 07-18-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on successfully demonstrating that Kyleb's trolling of you is justified and proper.

Somewhere there is a grease fire with your name on it.

blutarski 07-18-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you? Seven?

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, relax. everyone's so surrrrious. i was joking about the mod thing anyway.

this site is full of sore-vagina'd half-men.

nath 07-18-2007 10:51 PM

You know what the sweetest part of not being a mod is? Ignoring blutarski!

blutarski 07-18-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what the sweetest part of not being a mod is? Ignoring blutarski!

[/ QUOTE ]

i fully support and encourage this endorsement

*TT* 07-18-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and if there ends up being a Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations Forum, what good will the Mod's Forum be?

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahahaha

kerowo 07-18-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you? Seven?

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus, relax. everyone's so surrrrious. i was joking about the mod thing anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think people are tense or mad or something and that is the only reason they could possible have for mocking you?

What are you? Six?

blutarski 07-18-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you? Seven?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think people are tense or mad or something and that is the only reason they could possible have for mocking you?

What are you? Six?

[/ QUOTE ]

anger management has helped many people. why not look into it before you hurt yourself or someone you love?

kerowo 07-18-2007 11:27 PM

Ahhh, the ol Boing Fwip! Pretty sneaky sis!

Richard Tanner 07-19-2007 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for this. I mean it's useless but who the [censored] cares. If they don't like it, [censored] 'em. It would be fun to argue with respect in politics and then have a place to tell the same person to suck a dick.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually why I think such a forum would work. So many discussions on this site degenerate into a series of personal attacks. Moderators could move that part of the thread to this proposed forum. At that point the participants would either realize how silly they were, or they would have an open forum to continue their emotional spewing.

If this is created, one very important rule will be that all participants are willing. It would not be a forum for people to come and make personal attacks on anyone they choose.

Perhaps new posts should not even be allowed. Threads in this new forum would only exist and continue if moved here? The forum would be read and reply only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat,
I think you've got the idea here. I think that if we (you) allow no topics that there should be a list like EDF, but more select. A large amount of the threads should be threads moved there. I would suggest starting with no thread creation allowed and only do so by appeal to a mod, then they hit up the MUD mod and a thread goes down.

This idea was created in my "poly split" thread and I think it's (poly) is a great example of why it would serve a purpose. Alot of threads in Poly degenerate to mudslinging anyway and Iron has to lock them, but what we miss out on is the really "knock-down dragout" aspect of the later parts of the thread. Once it's obvious that no good can come of it, let the Mods ship it to MUD (or whatever we're calling it). That way, people can still see the useful parts of the thread, and the bitching and moaning can be taken to a new level elsewhere.

Also, alot of "bitch about the mods" threads pollute ATF, this would be a great place to dump those threads. One "I hate Dids/NT!" thread is plenty and any after that, and obv any ones that are crying "But...but...Dids deleted my anti-semetic post" get shiped right to MUD, do not pass go...

I know you want Mike H to mod it, but I'm all for letting PVN do it, with the stipulation that I get to also. Hell we already fight enough (see 700+ reply thread) I think we could keep a heartbeat in that forum for a while [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Cody

kkcountry 07-19-2007 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for this. I mean it's useless but who the [censored] cares. If they don't like it, [censored] 'em. It would be fun to argue with respect in politics and then have a place to tell the same person to suck a dick.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually why I think such a forum would work. So many discussions on this site degenerate into a series of personal attacks. Moderators could move that part of the thread to this proposed forum. At that point the participants would either realize how silly they were, or they would have an open forum to continue their emotional spewing.

If this is created, one very important rule will be that all participants are willing. It would not be a forum for people to come and make personal attacks on anyone they choose.

Perhaps new posts should not even be allowed. Threads in this new forum would only exist and continue if moved here? The forum would be read and reply only.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat,
I think you've got the idea here. I think that if we (you) allow no topics that there should be a list like EDF, but more select. A large amount of the threads should be threads moved there. I would suggest starting with no thread creation allowed and only do so by appeal to a mod, then they hit up the MUD mod and a thread goes down.

This idea was created in my "poly split" thread and I think it's (poly) is a great example of why it would serve a purpose. Alot of threads in Poly degenerate to mudslinging anyway and Iron has to lock them, but what we miss out on is the really "knock-down dragout" aspect of the later parts of the thread. Once it's obvious that no good can come of it, let the Mods ship it to MUD (or whatever we're calling it). That way, people can still see the useful parts of the thread, and the bitching and moaning can be taken to a new level elsewhere.

Also, alot of "bitch about the mods" threads pollute ATF, this would be a great place to dump those threads. One "I hate Dids/NT!" thread is plenty and any after that, and obv any ones that are crying "But...but...Dids deleted my anti-semetic post" get shiped right to MUD, do not pass go...

I know you want Mike H to mod it, but I'm all for letting PVN do it, with the stipulation that I get to also. Hell we already fight enough (see 700+ reply thread) I think we could keep a heartbeat in that forum for a while [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like this post, but the mod should be someone who wouldn't be involved in the MUDslinging

2/325Falcon 07-19-2007 08:34 PM

When is the Hater forum going live? It would be awesome if it replaced the Travel forum not because there's anything wrong with the Travel forum, but purely for added Hating.

blutarski 07-19-2007 09:50 PM

LET US GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO

NewTeaBag 07-20-2007 05:35 PM

Re: Mudslinging, Personal Attacks, and Unsubstantiated Accusations For *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven

DannyOcean_ 07-20-2007 07:20 PM

blutarski would be deeeeelighted by a MUD forum, because so much of it would be directed at him, and it's his thing, from what i gather.

NewTeaBag 07-20-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blutarski would be deeeeelighted by a MUD forum, because so much of it would be directed at him, and it's his thing, from what i gather.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. Perhaps instead of the banstick approach to blut, he could just be banished to MUD forum with no posting rights in any other forum (except for, perhaps, micros stakes minbet since they're all masochists anyway).

Let's face it. If BBV4L thinks you are teh suck, what other forum doesn't?

kkcountry 08-10-2007 11:12 PM

bump, give the people what they want!

pvn 08-14-2007 06:06 PM

Mat,

Any updates? Let's do it. I've got a line of bad posters I want to drag through the mud. I'm sure there's a line of bad posters who want to drag me through the mud, too. The barbarians are at the gate! LET US IN!!!

Abones 08-14-2007 08:31 PM

I would like to read this forum.

Can I have someone fight for me if I am challenged?

pvn 08-14-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to read this forum.

Can I have someone fight for me if I am challenged?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. You can appoint a second, or a champion, or whatever. Anything goes!

pvn 08-14-2007 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When is the Hater forum going live? It would be awesome if it replaced the Travel forum not because there's anything wrong with the Travel forum, but purely for added Hating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed this. Good point, there's no reason the mudslinging has to be confined to individual posters! Smear entire forums! That's the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that will make this forum great, if only it gets a chance!

holdme 08-14-2007 11:14 PM

i would totally hate everyone

pvn 08-15-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would totally hate everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet. Bring the hate. We look forward to hating you, too!

kkcountry 08-15-2007 02:31 AM

everyone in this thread sucks

Josem 08-15-2007 02:35 AM

that includes you, too.

DUCY?

Mat Sklansky 08-15-2007 11:16 AM

This decision is Mike Haven's

mattw 08-15-2007 12:53 PM

re: N!T as Mod

there was a recent post about a dude who had a car question. N!T showed his wrath. not only does he give stars but insults as well. this is not in the best interest of the community.

regarding those that follow the N!T say he cleans up OOT. some would say hitler cleaned up germany.

i think its a black mark on 2+2 that a mod can act in this manner. especially when the reds appear to allow it. with so many complaints about him, how about a re-evauluation of his mod and social skills. sometimes he is outright rude, hatefute, and arrogant, because he can be. sigh.

its my understanding that he is working on an MBA in some kinda social work. very scary indeed.

mason55 08-15-2007 01:01 PM

Re: re: N!T as Mod

[ QUOTE ]
regarding those that follow the N!T say he cleans up OOT. some would say hitler cleaned up germany.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a..._hitler_ns.jpg

Mystery solved

tuq 08-15-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some would say hitler cleaned up germany.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but I hear that he just took money from the education budget and spent it on extra trash cans, so he gets too much credit IMO.

Also, it's N, then T, then !, do you do N, !, T on purpose?

mattw 08-15-2007 01:04 PM

good one mason.

mattw 08-15-2007 01:07 PM

come on tuq, sound it out. yes its on purpose.

bisonbison 08-15-2007 02:10 PM

I was born to mod this forum, but I just want to be shadow mod of OOT.

Mat, NT, can I just have the power to lock bad threads? I don't want to be green.