Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Congrats to Bart Hanson (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=419314)

PGarlic 06-05-2007 04:40 AM

Re: Congrats to Bart Hanson

Congrats Bart, be sure to tease Francois and Dave with your early success! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

slickmick777 06-05-2007 03:22 PM

vgg bartamus outstanding effort cannot believe they wont use you and dave as comentaters for their ft webcasts or even the audio coverage. listening to the comentaters they are using is just really annoying to anyone that knows thier poker they are just clueless think bostin would even be better (sorry bostin joke) anyway all the best for the rest of the series bart and dave and i`ll live in hope that you can somehow convince them to let you both give us the quality play by play that we all want

ps. would be nice to see a l@tb regular at every ft. corp mike losing heads up in one and throwing the table over would be nice. but i think the best thing i could ever imagine would be thats alan winning the main event. well if jamie gold can do it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jah7_fsu1 06-06-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hanson shows AsTh , and Krause has QhQs. It's a race situation, and Hanson will need to improve to survive."

Race situation? Wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was still a race situation, AT just started a bit further back.

olivert 06-06-2007 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any news on whether Bart is going to pimp himself out to FT and wear their gear?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bart will attempt to do the deal himself after he rejected my offer to help him.

Alex Jacob will definitely be one of the 3 FullTiltPoker.net representatives given that he is the chipleader (at 3.1 million) and he had worked for FullTiltPoker.net at the 2006 ESPN Trump Taj Mahal US Poker Championship.

I have presented Andreas Krause of Stuttgart, GERMANY (one of the short stacks at 490K) and Paul Evans of Northern California (2nd chip position at 1.69M) to FullTiltPoker.net for consideration.

FullTiltPoker.net will select no more than 3, with Alex Jacob being a lock for one of the 3.

I will be pushing for Andreas Krause, who has a track record going back to the 2000 WSOP where he finished 2nd at a Stud High/Low event.

Germany is definitely a priority market for FullTiltPoker.net right now, with FullTiltPoker.net having just signed 2-time WSOP bracelet winner Eddy Scharf of Cologne.

[/ QUOTE ]

A quick follow-up:

The 3 FullTiltPoker.net sponsored players at the TV final table of Event 3 were Alex Jacob, Matt Vengrin (a FullTiltPoker satellite qualifier), and my German client Andreas Krause.

Bart's stack was way too short going into the final table so he was not a contender to get a logo sponsorship from FullTiltPoker.net.

As for Paul Evans, he chose to switch from me to Poker Royalty (Brian Balsbaugh, James Harris et. al.) as his agent a few hours after the TV bubble burst. Mr. Evans' decision ultimately cost him a sponsorship deal, as FullTiltPoker.net opted to avoid an agency dispute and offered the 3rd and final spot to Herr Krause instead.

(The ESPN telecast date and time for this event has been changed to July 10 at 9pm ET/6pm PT. The $5000 Mixed Hold'em event was shortened from 2 hours to 1 hour and the $1500 No Limit was moved up a week so that ESPN can air both the $1500 Pot Limit and the $5000 Pot Limit Omaha on July 17.)

BartHanson 06-06-2007 05:32 PM

First off I want to thank everyone for their warm words in this thread. My plan for this year's WSOP was to play in all of the holdem ESPN TV events (there is 9). After being one of the chip leaders early in the $5000 mixed event a had a few bad rounds of limit and was out. I was able to get a decent amount of sleep which prepared me for the mental grind of the $1500 event. Even though we started with double chips they removed several levels throughout the tournament. When we got down to 18 players the blinds and antes were so high there was no reason to raise pre flop less than all of your stack. I think I took a tighter approach at this time which lessen my value as my main priority was to make it to the TV table. I got lucky that when we were down to 10 two bigger stacks got into a confrontation and one was knocked out.

My interview with ESPN went extremely well the next day. We spent the entire half an hour talking about poker commentary and Live at the Bike. I also engaged in some friendly banter with Norman Chad which ended with him asking me to call out the final hand of the 2003 WSOP main event. I busted out the action of Farha's top pair vs Moneymaker's bottom two and I think he was impressed [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I was a little concerned that I would not last long enough for them to use that B roll. However I was involved with the first all in hand. In fact Alex and I had a conversation during the hand about how I should do running commentary on my thoughts. I then said something like "If I was commentating I would say only a moron would fold this hand in this spot". I proceeded to suck out with Js 2s vs A T. Hopefully they'll run from that hand to my B roll.

I'm still going to play in the rest of the TV events. I got knocked out of the $1000 rebuy yesterday and am going to play in friday's $5000 PLH. After that there is a $3000NL, $2500 shorted handed event, $5000 HU NL and of course the main event. If I make a second final table I am sure the ESPN people will get real interested. Thanks again for all of your support. Dave just got into town and is playing the $2000NL today. Look for him in the results of upcoming tournaments as well.

Bart

amplify 06-06-2007 08:08 PM

Somebody employ Bart already.

MrX5000 06-06-2007 11:17 PM

Good luck Bart! This is X from the Mirage. Thanks for the advise. I'm hoping to come down there for the final event if everything goes as planned. I'm not as deep rolled as you guys so I've got to win a qualifier. If not, there's always next year [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Admo 06-07-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Somebody employ Bart already.

[/ QUOTE ]

Working on it.

crackhead 06-12-2007 09:24 PM

sorry to jump on the thread so late. just a big CONGRATULATIONS to Bart for his FT showing!!

BDub1 06-13-2007 02:42 AM

Crack, Where the hell ya been? Haven't seen you forever. PM me.

TonyLA 06-20-2007 01:13 PM

More congrats are in order. Bart made it to the money in the heads-up event - winning his first 3 matches - one vs. Jeff Madsen, another with Freddy Deeb. They're down to the round of 64 which begins later today.

Go Bart!

- T

Trae3ab 06-21-2007 07:25 PM

Thanks for the Link TonyLa

Miss watching all you guys on Live at the Bike.

Good luck to David Tuchman and Congratulations to Bart.

I hope that the TV Exposure works out for you.

4Clover 06-22-2007 07:37 AM

Hey, CONGRATS.

I watched LATB for a good year and half. Learned a great deal from all of you that hosted the show. Sad to see there is no more live feeds. I was able to actually meet you Bart. I was the younger guy from Michigan. We grabed a beer and talked about poker a little. I was glad to finally meet Bart, and wish the best of luck in all of the other WSOP events.

$Clover
Cullen

4Clover 06-22-2007 07:39 AM

Main Event

More then likely will be back in Vegas during the Main Event. Cash games are really nice.

$Clover
Cullen

ElGuapo23 06-22-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
More congrats are in order. Bart made it to the money in the heads-up event - winning his first 3 matches - one vs. Jeff Madsen, another with Freddy Deeb. They're down to the round of 64 which begins later today.

Go Bart!

- T

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad he didn't face Gavin Smith and Joe Sebok next or he'd have won the whole thing.

realjaydub 06-22-2007 01:59 PM

Great Job Bart!

sanmarcosrun1 06-23-2007 09:43 AM

Bart continues his great run at the WSOP by making the final table of the 5k Omaha hi/lo event. He is about middle of the pack in chips. Congratualtions Bart and Good Luck.

jerseylimit 06-23-2007 02:31 PM

yea man...great WSOP for Bart. Looks like he's even gonna cover his buy-in debacle from last year.

Nathan_2 06-23-2007 09:09 PM

WSOP event #36 O8 5k
Bart Hansen[sic] won $32,900 for his eighth-place finish.

ElGuapo23 06-24-2007 09:21 AM

this time he was only in for 5k

snelgrave 06-24-2007 12:34 PM

I hopt Bart can play the $50k horse. in his interview after the O8 final table he was on the fence. My recommendation is DO IT - even if you only have 10% of yourself, the publicity of final tabling that is huge.

TonyLA 06-24-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hopt Bart can play the $50k horse. in his interview after the O8 final table he was on the fence. My recommendation is DO IT - even if you only have 10% of yourself, the publicity of final tabling that is huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

He pulled the trigger and he is playing in the $50k HORSE event. His first table draw? Hellmuth, Benyamine, Kaplan, and Lester - among others. Fun for a masochist, I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Go Bart!

- T

Nathan_2 06-24-2007 08:45 PM

So much for the soft field Barry told him about. lol donkaments.

jerseylimit 06-25-2007 01:21 AM

any update on Bart's chips?

Trae3ab 06-25-2007 03:26 AM

I need a "Bartgasm" T-shirt.

"Are you kidding me!?"

snelgrave 06-25-2007 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any update on Bart's chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's made day 2, but a little short with 54200 and blinds 2500/5000/500 (according to pokernews.com)

mistfire 06-25-2007 11:55 AM

Congrats to Bart this WSOP season. I learned a LOT from LATB. And it has helped my game tremendously. And it was a honor to have Dr. Allen call my play "Bart-like" during my one double-fisted night on LATB.

Go Bart, Go.

BDub1 06-25-2007 04:03 PM

Bart has been running well, but the HORSE event has had him pretty card dead. He went almost 6 hours without a hand yesterday. Good news is that most of the big chip holders were severly short stacked yesterday, Duke, Laack, Raymer, etc., and built theirs back up over 150K.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for "Mr. Poker" to get a few multi-way pots and scoop. Follow the action at 2:00 pm on
http://www.pokernews.com

TonyLA 06-25-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bart has been running well, but the HORSE event has had him pretty card dead. He went almost 6 hours without a hand yesterday. Good news is that most of the big chip holders were severly short stacked yesterday, Duke, Laack, Raymer, etc., and built theirs back up over 150K.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for "Mr. Poker" to get a few multi-way pots and scoop. Follow the action at 2:00 pm on
http://www.pokernews.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer.. according to the chip counts, Bart's been eliminated. He'd been on quite a tear with 2 FT's so far, but that HORSE event is just loaded with talent.

d3gener4te 06-26-2007 12:43 PM

congrats