Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy list (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398164)

SilentNoise 05-20-2007 09:46 PM

Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

nice program. pretty much the only buddy list that works properly. starsbuddy messes up all the time.

toohigh 05-21-2007 05:43 PM

Has anyone else been having problems with buddies not showing up on Full Tilt today?

Poker Pro 05-21-2007 07:03 PM

Full tilt looks good. What section was the player in?

so sick bro 05-21-2007 07:39 PM

for anyone that wants a little more info on this program right now, I've been using the full version for a week and wrote a review on it

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post10444531

Poker Pro 05-21-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you add the names to be buddy list are they case sensitive?

Some names I add from the table and they show up immediately on the list, some from the table do not.

On Absolute I have a list of buddies in the find player list. When I go to enter them I am told they are not in the db. I have records on all of them.

How long should the names stay on the list at a table after the buddy has departed?

Please advise

[/ QUOTE ]

The names are not case sensitive when you add them to the buddy list.
Support for the Absolute Poker buddy list should be available this week.
The names will stay on average of about 5 min after the buddy has departed. We will be decreasing this number and will have faster updates soon.

so sick bro 05-21-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The names will stay on average of about 5 min after the buddy has departed.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is far from the case for me

toohigh 05-21-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full tilt looks good. What section was the player in?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a lot of players in my non-stars buddy-list, I'm not sure if the stars one is working or not. It's been like this for pretty much all day. Right now it is showing 3/450 Full Tilt buddies online, which is obviously wrong. While I was playing I noticed players I was playing with that should be on my list not there. All of my buddies mostly play 1/2 nl 6 max.

I've tried restarting SB as well as my computer, and nothing changed.

Also, did you ever get my PM about losing my buddy list when my computer crashed? Just so everyone knows, I lost half of my buddy list when I had a power outage, I'm guessing SB saves the list when you log off or exit.

Poker Pro 05-21-2007 08:43 PM

We will look into it. thanks

toohigh 05-22-2007 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else been having problems with buddies not showing up on Full Tilt the past couple of days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Pro 05-22-2007 04:47 PM

toohigh is everything working for you?

toohigh 05-22-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
toohigh is everything working for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's working like a charm now. tytytyty I was starting to get withdrawal.

trubador 05-23-2007 08:36 PM

I know I must be one of many asking you for more things [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but would it be possible to add the sound alert whenever a player comes on?

orentha 05-24-2007 12:18 PM

I've got a buddy list of about 100 names on my main computer

is it possible to "easily" move this list to my laptop, so I can run smart buddy on it ?

is there some kind of file or setting in the smartbuddy folder i can just copy over?

i really dont want to manually add the 100 names on my laptop...

Also, on a side note...
Is anyone running SmartBuddy on Windows 2000 ??

when I try, FullTilt just bogs down and is unplayable within a couple minutes of opening SmartBuddy. If I restart comp, FT works just fine, but the minutes I open Smart Buddy again, boom, unplayable lag happens...

youcanhaveitall 05-24-2007 01:20 PM

planning on making a macclient?
Seems like a good move because all of us macplayers are forced to play on Full Tilt.

Youcan

Black winter day 05-24-2007 01:25 PM

Do you plan to add Crypto?

Poker Pro 05-24-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a buddy list of about 100 names on my main computer

is it possible to "easily" move this list to my laptop, so I can run smart buddy on it ?

is there some kind of file or setting in the smartbuddy folder i can just copy over?

i really dont want to manually add the 100 names on my laptop...

Also, on a side note...
Is anyone running SmartBuddy on Windows 2000 ??

when I try, FullTilt just bogs down and is unplayable within a couple minutes of opening SmartBuddy. If I restart comp, FT works just fine, but the minutes I open Smart Buddy again, boom, unplayable lag happens...

[/ QUOTE ]

You can move the file to your laptop with all the players. Its located in C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Local Settings\Application Data\Poker Pro Labs\Smart Buddy\config.xml

Regarding the slow down with Fulltilt, I am not sure what it could as smart buddy works on its own.

Poker Pro 05-24-2007 08:06 PM

“ Do you plan to add Crypto? “

Yes, we will be adding Crypto Logic support soon.

“planning on making a macclient? “

We will look into making a web based or Mac compatible version for non Windows players.

toohigh 05-26-2007 06:53 PM

Having trouble with my Full Tilt buddies again, none are showing.

toohigh 05-26-2007 07:36 PM

It's working now.

PokerStarsJeff 05-28-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jeff,
You should have received an email for Len *. He is out of town but should be back in the office on Monday. Please PM me your contact info and we will address any questions you may have.

Thank you,

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Poker Pro,

PokerStars has concluded its review of SmartBuddy, and have determined that with one change, it can be permitted for use on PokerStars, and in conjunction with the PokerStars client.

In order to be permitted, you will need to add to your website an automated "opt-out" feature in a reasonably prominent location, and to link to this option from within the SmartBuddy client.

In other words, because your software circumvents the PokerStars "Hide From Search" option, you'll need to provide a way for any player (whether they are a subscriber to your service or not) to "Hide From Search" in the SmartBuddy client as well. If a player has used the "opt out" service on your website, then they should not be displayed in the SmartBuddy client, to any subscriber.

If you will make this modification, SmartBuddy will be permitted for use on PokerStars.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Jeff
PokerStars Game Security

Poker Pro 05-28-2007 10:00 PM

Thanks Jeff,
We will implement the requested modifications within Smart Buddy as well as on the pokerprolabs.com website.

kidpokeher 05-29-2007 01:13 AM

Poker Pro, can you tell me if we have to have the poker client or pokertracker open for this to work correctly or can it be used without anything else open?

I tried finding the user guide but the link on your Smart Buddy page doesn't work. Also, the link to screenshots on the left doesn't work. The link on the right brings up some thumbnails but only a few link to screenshots we can see.

Poker Pro 05-29-2007 02:12 AM

No, you do not have to have the poker client or pokertracker open for Smart Buddy to work.

buckbomb56 05-29-2007 10:10 PM

I just bought this program, and the problem is that only some of my buddies show when online (full tilt). Why is this? Mostly it cannot see players on hu plo tables.

Poker Pro 05-29-2007 11:54 PM

Hi buckboomb, what are hu plo tables.

buckbomb56 05-30-2007 04:58 AM

hu pot limit omaha tables, when my friends are on those they do not show up

Poker Pro 05-30-2007 04:05 PM

Everything looks good on our end. Are you still having an issue with buddies not showing up on pot limit Omaha?

buckbomb56 05-30-2007 07:06 PM

Yes, im also having a problem with multitablers, not all of the tables that they are at show up.

Poker Pro 05-30-2007 07:37 PM

Can you PM me with the name of the person you are having an issue seeing as well as the table they are not showing up on?

unbendable 05-31-2007 04:34 AM

When are you going to start to support PartyPoker ?????
I need it badly.
What would be payment options? Hope to see moneybookers, paypall and click2pay there.
Thanks

buckbomb56 05-31-2007 06:15 AM

Um..ya another problem, restarted my comp after recently adding buddies and my entire buddy list is empty, they were all deleted...

VLV 05-31-2007 08:46 AM

I was looking at purchasing the software but I just had a question about the sign up offers you guys have on your site.

The pacific poker one it says:
Deposit Bonus: 25% up to $100 FREE
Minimum Deposit: $30
Required Raked Hands: 50
Minimum Table Stakes: Any

So do I get the 25% bonus as well as the license key or just the license key? And do I need to only play fifty raked hands to clear it? That seems like a tiny amount.

Also what are the payment options, I couldnt find it on the site without running through a transaction.

Cheers

Poker Pro 05-31-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Um..ya another problem, restarted my comp after recently adding buddies and my entire buddy list is empty, they were all deleted...

[/ QUOTE ]

At the moment in order to save the buddies, you need to log out and log back in. This issue will be addressed in the next release.

Poker Pro 05-31-2007 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was looking at purchasing the software but I just had a question about the sign up offers you guys have on your site.

The pacific poker one it says:
Deposit Bonus: 25% up to $100 FREE
Minimum Deposit: $30
Required Raked Hands: 50
Minimum Table Stakes: Any

So do I get the 25% bonus as well as the license key or just the license key? And do I need to only play fifty raked hands to clear it? That seems like a tiny amount.

Also what are the payment options, I couldnt find it on the site without running through a transaction.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you will get the license key as well as the 25% bonus. We do hope you play more than fifty hands but that is the required number.

The website currently offers payment via visa / mastercard and paypal . I think money brokers is also available but not yet integrated into the website. If you have some other playment ideas, please let me know via PM or email Poker Pro Labs support and we can do it manually.

trubador 06-01-2007 05:15 PM

Feature request - Could you add a feature that would allow us to import buddies from a file - be it a plain or comma-delimited file?

Thanks in advance

Poker Pro 06-01-2007 09:49 PM

This feature will be added in the near feature.

ADBjester 06-01-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The ability to sort a group alphabetically, and/or to drag and drop individual contacts higher or lower in the list within the same group would be nice. Right now, the default and ONLY sort order is the order in which you added the contacts.

2. Since you seem to store the contact history on your server (as it warns me when I try to enter a contact that doesn't exist), a feature that shows when a contact was last online would be useful as well. If a contact hasn't been online at all in a month or so, one might want to move it to a different group or to drop the contact altogether. I'd love to see that as either a tool-tip popup, or an option to display it alongside the user ID, in parenthesis, i.e.:

Money800 (Chris Moneymaker) - PokerStars (Last played: 06/01 @ 5:22 pm ET)

Jester

ryanj247 06-01-2007 11:41 PM

i would really like to have a filter that would allow me to only show buddies that are currently playing a particular game (NL/FL; FR/6max; & stakes)

Poker Pro 06-02-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The ability to sort a group alphabetically, and/or to drag and drop individual contacts higher or lower in the list within the same group would be nice. Right now, the default and ONLY sort order is the order in which you added the contacts.

2. Since you seem to store the contact history on your server (as it warns me when I try to enter a contact that doesn't exist), a feature that shows when a contact was last online would be useful as well. If a contact hasn't been online at all in a month or so, one might want to move it to a different group or to drop the contact altogether. I'd love to see that as either a tool-tip popup, or an option to display it alongside the user ID, in parenthesis, i.e.:

Money800 (Chris Moneymaker) - PokerStars (Last played: 06/01 @ 5:22 pm ET)

Jester

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for submitting the feature request, both features are already on our feature list and will be released shortly.

Poker Pro 06-02-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would really like to have a filter that would allow me to only show buddies that are currently playing a particular game (NL/FL; FR/6max; & stakes)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, we will add this feature to the feature list.