Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 Atlanta Braves Thread: Reclaiming the NL East (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366355)

CrazyPsycho 04-05-2007 04:35 PM

Re: 2007 Atlanta Braves Thread: Reclaiming the NL East

Jeff Francoeur with a professional AB? What the hell is going on?

Jack of Arcades 04-05-2007 04:35 PM

Holy [censored], Frenchie gets quickly to an 0-2 count, lays off two close pitches, fouls off two close pitches, and then sends one through the hole in the right side of the infield for a single. If he can keep that up he'll get walks without even trying.

TruFloridaGator 04-05-2007 04:36 PM

CP & JoA, yea I was about to comment. Who was that & what have they done with Jeff?

CrazyPsycho 04-05-2007 04:37 PM

Holy crap, if Thorman and Francoeur start hitting, just wow...

TruFloridaGator 04-05-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap, if Thorman and Francoeur start hitting, just wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thorman is a beast. There is no doubt about being him a hitter. Jeff too if he becomes patient. Anyways, the Sweep is on!!!!!!!!1

Jack of Arcades 04-05-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CP & JoA, yea I was about to comment. Who was that & what have they done with Jeff?

[/ QUOTE ]

Terry Pendleton is our overlord.

Wondercall 04-05-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Terry Pendleton is our overlord.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag: Family friend.

mmbt0ne 04-05-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brian McCann could have me if he wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know someone who turned down sexing McCann 2 years ago. Stupid girl.

livin_a_lie 04-05-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My god I love the braves!!!!

What makes these wins even better is the fact that the entire city of philadelphia is full of [censored], and I love seeing them act like the losers they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what the [censored] are you talking about? Philly fans are pretty much down on their teams 100% of the time. Kill yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? OK, they're down on themselves all the time, that gives them the right to be douche bags?

It's widely known that eagle's fans are the biggest [censored] in the NFL. Not surprisingly, this carries over to baseball. Sorry I hurt your little feelings, but thanks for proving my point. I love the fact that Philadelphia fans talk so much [censored] to other teams/fans and do nothing but lose all of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You basically trashed an entire city of people in this thread unprompted, yet you say that I am proving your point. Look around, no one talked [censored] to you in this thread. You are nuts, bro.

How would you feel if someone randomly said that "Atlanta is full of [censored], and I love seeing them act like the losers they are." This is just sports, no need to trash a city's people out of nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now some [censored] losers are throwing beer bottles on the field in the 9th inning down 8-2. I take back everything I said. Nothing but class in philly.

CrazyPsycho 04-05-2007 06:08 PM

Woo, 4 walks in the inning.

livin_a_lie 04-05-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Woo, 4 walks in the inning.

[/ QUOTE ]

JC throw a damn strike.

CrazyPsycho 04-05-2007 06:13 PM

Bring on Soriano, he'll just blow it by them..

livin_a_lie 04-05-2007 06:17 PM

Bring on the Mets!

Philly fans don't worry, maybe you can beat the Nats.

TruFloridaGator 04-05-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bring on the Mets!

Philly fans don't worry, maybe you can beat the Nats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Homer 04-05-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My god I love the braves!!!!

What makes these wins even better is the fact that the entire city of philadelphia is full of [censored], and I love seeing them act like the losers they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what the [censored] are you talking about? Philly fans are pretty much down on their teams 100% of the time. Kill yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? OK, they're down on themselves all the time, that gives them the right to be douche bags?

It's widely known that eagle's fans are the biggest [censored] in the NFL. Not surprisingly, this carries over to baseball. Sorry I hurt your little feelings, but thanks for proving my point. I love the fact that Philadelphia fans talk so much [censored] to other teams/fans and do nothing but lose all of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You basically trashed an entire city of people in this thread unprompted, yet you say that I am proving your point. Look around, no one talked [censored] to you in this thread. You are nuts, bro.

How would you feel if someone randomly said that "Atlanta is full of [censored], and I love seeing them act like the losers they are." This is just sports, no need to trash a city's people out of nowhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now some [censored] losers are throwing beer bottles on the field in the 9th inning down 8-2. I take back everything I said. Nothing but class in philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratuations on ignoring what I said and instead pointing out that 5 people out of 30,000 did something stupid. By this logic, you must hate every city in the world.

CrazyPsycho 04-05-2007 07:01 PM

That was a pretty nice move by the fans to boo Ryan Howard after a strikeout.

Homer 04-05-2007 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, the fans booed a player who struck out? They must be getting geared up to go home and beat their wifes. After all, they are from Philly and are therefore [censored] [censored] losers.

CrazyPsycho 04-05-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, the fans booed a player who struck out? They must be getting geared up to go home and beat their wifes. After all, they are from Philly and are therefore [censored] [censored] losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Just [censored] sports fans.

Homer 04-05-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Just [censored] sports fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sell out a playoff game, then you can talk.

(I'll save you the FYP:

Make a playoff game, then you can talk.)

James282 04-06-2007 01:03 PM

Having been to both stadiums, including the vet/citizens bank 10+ times - I really have more respect for philly fans just because they care. Yeah, there are tons of [censored] - though you'd be surprised if you went to the current park and expected the same crowd that would go to the Vet. Totally different atmosphere pretty much. People still care, but it's a lot more families than there used to be and a lot fewer groups of 5-6 30 something drunks chanting [censored] at every opposing fan.

Then you have Atlanta - where it's kind of sad really - the Braves were all the rage in the early and mid nineties when they finally got good. Gone are the days of the tomahawk chop and a packed stadium. Now it's more like a California crowd where people lazily sit around feeling too hot and who can find better things to do when their team wins its 13th straight division title and make the playoffs. I am not a big fan of philly fans in general, but given the choice, I'd much rather root for my team in an atmosphere like they have in philly vs. atlanta.

James

TruFloridaGator 04-06-2007 01:45 PM

Glavine vs Smoltz on Saturday holla!

TruFloridaGator 04-06-2007 01:46 PM

FWIW, the discussion about ATL fans has been done on this forum, so let's not get in to a pissing war about it. Go in the Phillies thread if you want to complain about our fans.

TruFloridaGator 04-09-2007 07:02 PM

Hampton out for the season again...unbelievable.....

http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=atl

bravos1 04-09-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hampton out for the season again...unbelievable.....

[/ QUOTE ]
soooo standard, but it is still unbelievable!

LOL @ the Phillies rolling over in the 8th inning vs the Mets today!

Phillies ... nice start to the season!

As for the Braves... obviously I am very happy w/ the way the bullpen was overhauled in the off-season. Here's to hoping the young guys in the starting lineup play strong all year and can put up some runs.

TruFloridaGator 04-10-2007 10:49 PM

Holla, 6-1, Huddy dealin & Andruw hittin.

TruFloridaGator 04-11-2007 09:43 PM

More Andruw, more pitching, 5-0!

TruFloridaGator 04-11-2007 11:07 PM

7-1, best record in baseball, keep it rollin, Bravos!

Wondercall 04-11-2007 11:14 PM

The Braves are sick!

TruFloridaGator 04-12-2007 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Braves are sick!

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, we're playing the Nats for now, let's just wait a few more games [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

capone0 04-12-2007 11:20 AM

Still are 5-1 against the Mets and Phillies.

TruFloridaGator 04-12-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still are 5-1 against the Mets and Phillies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, of course, no doubt I am excited, but let's get some more wins in [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I guess people should stop mocking my prediction at the top of the thread, though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

capone0 04-12-2007 11:25 AM

Other than the 11-1 loss to the Mets, the Pitching staff is only giving up 17/8 games, close to 2 runs per game. Pretty damn solid but only after a very short # of games.

TruFloridaGator 04-12-2007 11:29 AM

I didn't see the game last night, how did Chucky look? Was it him or mostly the Nats sucking?

capone0 04-12-2007 11:32 AM

Didn't watch it but it looks like he had a pretty solid outting. 5 Hits, 3 BBs, 5 SOs in 6 innings. 97 Pitches, 65 Strikes.

samjjones 04-12-2007 12:26 PM

Chuckie James is the real deal. His gb/fb ratios have always been horrible, but he gets enough infield popups and strikeouts to minimize the damage. He'll probably always give up 30+ homers in a season, but I think he can put up 12-15 wins and a sub 4.00 ERA pretty easily long-term.

Jack of Arcades 04-12-2007 01:14 PM

There's nothing wrong with having a low gb/fb ratio. Flyball pitchers give up more extra base hits and home runs, but they give up less hits to compensate for it.

Guys with similar GB/FB ratios: Chris Young, Matt Cain, Jason Schmidt, Barry Zito, Curt Schilling, Ervin Santana, and Bronson Arroyo.

mmbt0ne 04-12-2007 06:24 PM

The only thing that bothered me about Chuck James yesterday was the number of 2 out hits he was giving up after cruising through the first 2 guys. He wasted a lot of pitches in the ends of innings it seemed, but that might've just been a fluke. It's something I'm going to start watching for though.

Jack of Arcades 04-12-2007 07:07 PM

I noticed it too. It seems to be a recurring problem for Braves pitchers this season. I don't think it means anything.

TruFloridaGator 04-12-2007 08:08 PM

Holy [censored], Smoltz just put one to the wall in right center, almost hit it out.

TruFloridaGator 04-12-2007 10:17 PM

Wow, Cordero is nasty sometimes.