Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Bin (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Never Trust Anyone (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=284637)

ggbman 12-16-2006 05:49 AM

Re: Never Trust Anyone

[ QUOTE ]
ggbman and all: Can a hooker or stripper get raped? The answer is of course she can. However unlike other women to whom those terms don't apply, it might be rightly said "she asked for it".

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually when you explain it this eloquenlty i suddently understand! Forget everything i said...

pokerraja 12-16-2006 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CHORUS-(Me) X's 3
Penis on your neck, pe-penis on your neck
I'm talkin pails of green, talkin pails of green
Tom Franklin's mean, penis on the poker queen.

VERSE 1-(Brandi Rose)
Where them trees at? Where them keys at?
Where my 12 G's at? Where my-where my BMWs at?
All grey BMW, repossessed in tha bed yo
Where them stripper fees at, where them double dees at?
Said I need that, where my where my 12 G's at?
Nu-nuttin less tho, nippple says full tilt so
Hands on that bottle, didn't want to sleep wit da X-O
Cried 2 or 3 times in the sack-sack
Cause I got 2 or 3 penises on my back-back
Won 4 donks out 6-6 - winning players got dix-dix
penis on my neck, pe-penis on my neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG,, I LOL'd too hard and actually was rapping this outloud. I need sleep. Brandi I wish you the best. Poker is not worth dieing for, seriously. Gn and gl.

blackjack777 12-16-2006 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CHORUS-(Me) X's 3

VERSE 1-(Brandi Rose)

[/ QUOTE ]

Best gimmick account post eva

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
her using sexuality to advance her career doesn't mean anything she claimed to have happened is acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it does severely reduce the probability that what she says is 100% accurate. Now FWIW, I don't think she made it all up. However I certainly think she is capable of twisting major details.

Oski 12-16-2006 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CHORUS-(Me) X's 3

VERSE 1-(Brandi Rose)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done!

Maybe the reality show idea is worth a second look.

Dementia 12-16-2006 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CHORUS-(Me) X's 3

VERSE 1-(Brandi Rose)

[/ QUOTE ]

That deserves to go platinum. I'm feeling it.

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ggbman and all: Can a hooker or stripper get raped? The answer is of course she can. However unlike other women to whom those terms don't apply, it might be rightly said "she asked for it".

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually when you explain it this eloquenlty i suddently understand! Forget everything i said...

[/ QUOTE ]

ggb,

Your sarcasm has cut me to the quick.

nath 12-16-2006 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you need to raise some cash to pay your rent and buy another BMW, I hear they are taking applications here:
http://www.sex-in-nevada.com/main.htm

Perfectly legal and an all-cash business.

[/ QUOTE ]
Man, you're such an [censored]. Get back to writing [censored] sports columns.

I don't know if Brandi's story is true or not, or if it's the whole truth or product of a fevered imagination, but she's clearly distraught over the whole matter, and some of you are acting like real pieces of [censored]. She's still a person, and so many of you are treating her like she's the little poker whore here for your entertainment and mockery. God forbid you ever have to deal with real people or real sums of money someday.

billyjex 12-16-2006 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

dont forget the "not being good at poker" part.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, say whatever you want. I've played a total of 6 tournaments. I've won or cashed in 4 of them. You can tell me I'm stupid and that it's all my fault for what happened, but with that history of wins vs. losses, you can't say I suck at poker.
If it's not enough tournaments to base whether or not I'm a winning player, then I guess you will just have to give me more time and wait and see.

[/ QUOTE ]

i played with you in the mega sat to festa wpt, and on the bubble you were doing the stupidiest [censored] i've ever seen. you were like 2nd or 3rd in chips w/ 25 left w/ 24 who get seats and you're playing big pots against the only guy who can bust you, or insta calling all ins w/ A3o against guys who can take half your chips and perhaps give you a chance of busting when you can fold into a seat because "you were bored."

listen, you might be ok, but it sounds like you haven't exactly put hundreds of thousands of hands and hundreds of hours playing poker like many of the successful players on this board and on the tournament circuit have.

alot of these guys, don't have much reason to stake you otherwise than to sleep with you because you aren't a winning player, and that's just the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once I had enough chips to ensure my seat, I stopping playing hands. When we needed only one person out, I did make a call with A3O in BB again SB. It was not something I would do in a tournament, but since I already had my seat and we only needed ONE person out, I took the chance against his obvious pocket pair that my ace might catch and we could all go to dinner/bed. And by the way idiot ~ he was extremely short stacked. I doubled him up and still was more thank okay with chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the hand you were playing against Lars, who was the only guy who could bust you, with one seat to go. You had something like top pair and were check calling rather large flop and turn bets.. you just need to fold everything there.

I don't get the idiot comment either. Calm down. You simply need to either learn how to play poker and build your bankroll from the ground up like all of us or move on to something else in your life.

12-16-2006 05:55 AM

Post deleted by Ryan Beal

BrandiRose 12-16-2006 05:57 AM

I don't dress any differently than any of the other young girls my age that are on the cover of magazines. Just because I wear a low cut top or a short dress, does not mean I am a whore.

And the reason why I have such a hard time with the stripper comments is because I have a hard time working men for money. I don't do it! I don't even know how to go about doing it! In fact, I have been amazed that Chantel gets money off of guys. I baffles and intrigues me. I don't know how she does it.

To remind all of you... I spent six years backpacking around the world. During that time, I did a lot of jobs ~ from cleaning bathrooms in hostels (in exchange for a place to stay), to working on a ski lift, to bar tending, waiting tables, doing hotel reservations, being a receptionist, working in a day care center, decorating cakes, picking fruit, to building houses with different volunteer programs.

I returned to the States last year after spending my entire summer in Guyana. I built houses with Habitat for Humanity. When I got back to the States, I got a corporate job with Nakajima USA on W. Century Blvd. I was project coordinator.

I have worked very hard all my life and have not had things just instantly handed to me. I don't expect my post to garner me that. I only wanted people to know so that hopefully all the pressure on Tom will help to get my money back.

I don't know what I will do for work, but I am not opposed to it. I'm trying to figure it out now.

And also, the reason I have only 12k was because I have not played big tournaments. Festa was my biggest tournament. All I can say now is that I have no intentions of leaving this industry. If anything, though disheartening and VERY difficult to experience, I know that I am going to be stronger and less naive when it is all said and done.

I may be taking a break for a while and working two or three jobs and play small limits on line until I get my bankroll back up, but I am going to do it. And I will smarter and more prepared for next time. So you can expect to see me back on the tournament scene in a few months.

12-16-2006 05:58 AM

Post deleted by Ryan Beal

KidLifeCrisis 12-16-2006 06:00 AM

Wow, there are so many douchebags in this thread. It may be a he-said she-said, but I can't believe how completely lacking of compassion so many of you are.

Someone is talking about how depressed they are, how they tried to OD, and so many other negative aspects in her life are keeping her down, and you come in here and tell her she sucks at poker, or how she's just grubbing for attention?? Whether you feel that way or not, it's rather disrespectful to say the least that you would make such a comment in a thread such as this.

Tear me apart, as I'm sure you will, but I really think many of you should either be supportive or GTFO.

ggbman 12-16-2006 06:00 AM

I told you, i am almost 100% sure the real truth lies between what she would tell us and what he would tell us. Since we don't know exactly where it does lie, it would be inappropriate to call her a lying whore like you did, just as it would be inappriate to call Tom Franklin and old sexual assualting jackass with aspitations to rape young ladies. This is why when you don't know important details, you should keep your mouth shut. If you learn to do that, maybe people will be able to take some stuff you say that isn't completely worthless seriously instead of writing it off as more of your dumb incessant ramblings.

nath 12-16-2006 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it just me, or does it seem like we have some serious women-haters around here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just you. I've read some disturbing [censored] in this thread.

pokerraja 12-16-2006 06:05 AM

Guys,
I can not belive how naieve all you dudes are. FFS Brandi agreed to 'huggle' with captain. If a chick agrees to 'huggle' with me standard procedure usually calls for a penis to touch some skin including backs [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]. But in all seriousness what kind of self respecting woman would huggle with an old man in a hotel? Not anyone I would respect.

ps- Im not saying Brandi deserves to get raped or abused, but like in the Mike Tyson case, some of the blame should surely fall on the female.

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 06:05 AM

ggb,

There is a difference between someone who previously has shown themselves worthy of credibility coming here with that story, and her doing so, when she hasn't shown herself to be anything other than a self-promoting money-seeking hustler.

Dexter_Cain 12-16-2006 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is it just me, or does it seem like we have some serious women-haters around here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rokstedy 12-16-2006 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, my head is still spinning from reading the whole thing.

But a couple questions/concerns come to mind.

1. Old dude rubs his penis against you in bed and you spend the night in the hotel bathroom's floor? Was the door to the hotel hallway locked from the outside?

2. Old dude rubs penis against you, then refuses to hand over money, and you are still sharing a room with him and taking the same cabs around town?

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. I don't get that part either. Makes the whole story seem kind of goofy. [censored] Tom Franklin and his wrinkled penis, I'm leaving that room before he can say "dirty sanchez?"

Tuco 12-16-2006 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be the most disgusting human being i've encountered at 2+2. Quite a feat.

Tuco.

KidLifeCrisis 12-16-2006 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be the most disgusting human being i've encountered at 2+2. Quite a feat.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said.

ggbman 12-16-2006 06:12 AM

Bluff,

Refer me the when/where she hustled anyone plz? As for self-promoting herself, [censored], i would do that to, why not. If it would make me some coin doing a spread with a couple of aces over my [censored], i would certainly consider it, let alone just coming to some message board to create some hype for myself in an industry where women have a very distinct advantage. ( I don't mean that be to sexist, but impartial people know this to be true) Do me a favor dude, re-read this thread. Look how after every argument you make, i sucessfully rebutt it so that you need to explore another tangent in hopes that i won't be able to continue to make you look stupid. And then realize that instead of continuing this dumb game, you could either stop posting in this thread or concede that your initial comments were out of line. I don't have a strong desire to keep picking apart your flagrantly degrading posts towards women or anyone who doesn't conform to your specific set of moral standards, but if you make me i will.

SEABEAST 12-16-2006 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if Brandi's story is true or not, or if it's the whole truth or product of a fevered imagination, but she's clearly distraught over the whole matter, and some of you are acting like real pieces of [censored]. She's still a person, and so many of you are treating her like she's the little poker whore here for your entertainment and mockery. God forbid you ever have to deal with real people or real sums of money someday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Jokes are all well and good but some of the serious posts in these threads are just scary.

Oski 12-16-2006 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ggb,

There is a difference between someone who previously has shown themselves worthy of credibility coming here with that story, and her doing so, when she hasn't shown herself to be anything other than a self-promoting money-seeking hustler.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear! Hear! Just as much as people are giving BluffThis, etc. crap for being harsh on Brandi, it is just as out of line to assume that he (an others) are women haters without any more context. Sure, some of the comments in this thread make me wonder, but BluffThis is right in this instance.

He is responding to her own promotion and actions. He happens to have the courage to call this one as he sees it.

Also, Brandi (apparently) is sticking with the story that she was not a stripper. However, her personal blog mentioned that she had a backer "that took her off the pole" or words to that effect. I saw it myself, and I am not sure why Brandi is trying to gloss this over ... doing so makes it more of an issue (if it is at all) than it needs to be.

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 06:13 AM

Tuco,

Unlike you or others, I don't believe in the myth of the "whore with a heart of gold". And the only reason people do believe that myth is because they want to "help" and "reform" such women so they can sleep with/marry them.

KidLifeCrisis 12-16-2006 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KidLifeCrisis 12-16-2006 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuco,

Unlike you or others, I don't believe in the myth of the "whore with a heart of gold". And the only reason people do believe that myth is because they want to "help" and "reform" such women so they can sleep with/marry them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Rape is never okay. The fact that you make a comment saying it's okay to rape someone because of what they do in their personal or professional life makes you an indecent human being.

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 06:19 AM

Note to all: for anyone who wants to help women who truly have been traumatized by sexual/physical/emotional abuse, go donate to your local women's shelter or rape counseling center. Those kind of worthy outfits always need financial assistance. Instead of getting all sappy over the story of some poker scene huster which has a high probability of either not being totally true or brought on themselves by hanging with scummy people in the hopes of getting money off them.

pokerraja 12-16-2006 06:20 AM

heres a quick Tom Franklin bio from pokerpages:

Name: Captain Tom Franklin
Cashes: 79
Total Winnings: $2,261,394
First Place Finishes: 4
WSOP Bracelets: 1
ProRank 1 Position: 78 [ DETAILS ]
ProRank 2 Position: 714
Marital Status: Married
Children: 5
Started Playing Poker: 1970
Favorite Poker Game: No Limit
Ambition: To win 3 majors in one year.
Hobbies: Golf, singing and drumming
Favorite Movie: Walking Tall original
Favorite Music: 50's & 60's
Favorite Place: With my Family anywhere.
Favorite Celebrity: Ben Affleck
Poker Players I Respect Most: Scotty Nugen
If I could change anything in the world: Everyone treat everyone with respect.

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tuco,

[/ QUOTE ]
Rape is never okay. The fact that you make a comment saying it's okay to rape someone because of what they do in their personal or professional life makes you an indecent human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't relate a story of actual or even attempted rape. She related one of someone who exposed themselves in attempt to get her to have sex with them.

Did she say he tried to rip her pajamas off? Maybe I misread it but I don't think so.

ggbman 12-16-2006 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuco,

[/ QUOTE ]

You have managed to morph yourself from a complete idiot to a complete niaeve idiot who lacks basic human qualities such as respect, empathy, maturity, class, or just about any other fundmamental human quality i can think of. You really suck at life. I hope someone beats you to a pulp in an ally somewhere. I don't say that to many people, i am best friends with people who have completley differnt views than me on politics, religion, you name it. It just so happens that you are enough of a discredit to decent males that i really hope that happens to you.

fungaimike56 12-16-2006 06:24 AM

If Brandi was a man would any of this thread happen? Would 'he' be a dumb [censored] asking for it? An innocent innocent? Somewhere inbetween with all the sexually charged invective?
Easily the most thought provoking thread in ages.

FoxwoodsFiend 12-16-2006 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tuco,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't relate a story of actual or even attempted rape. She related one of someone who exposed themselves in attempt to get her to have sex with them.

Did she say he tried to rip her pajamas off? Maybe I misread it but I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, but the argument about rape is analogous to the argument about sexual harassment. also, you're the one who posted the "duke lacrosse" google argument, so it's weird to point out that we're not discussing rape when you're the one who started it.

nath 12-16-2006 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tuco,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're skirting the issue. The point is that this:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

was said in response to this (emphasis mine):

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I don't know how you can say that with a straight face. That's horrible.

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 06:26 AM

ggb,

Everything hinges on her veracity. If I gave her a high enough probability of being truthful 100% my responses in this thread would have been totally different.

KidLifeCrisis 12-16-2006 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right, she didn't state that. I should have clarified that I was referencing this original quote from you:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ggbman 12-16-2006 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tuco,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] STOP POSTING. YOU ARE SO DUMB. CLIMBING INTO BED NAKED AND RUBBING YOUR PENIS ON SOMEONES BACK, AND DEMANDING SEXUAL FAVORS IN EXCHANGE FOR "TEACHING" AFTER THE FACT ARE EXAMPLES OF SEXUAL ASSULT. Just because it's not rape doesn't make it acceptable. I can't believe you are actually this dumb, LOOK AT WHAT YOU ARE WRITING AND WHAT KIND OF BEHAVIOR YOU ARE TRYING TO DEFEND. When someone does that to your daughter, will be you be pointing out that it isn't rape? Idiot.

BluffTHIS! 12-16-2006 06:30 AM

FF & nath,

I only brought up the rape analogy w/Duke as one relating to the likely veracity of the accuser, and not whether the act in question here was analogous, which it isn't. I certainly grant that *IF* her story is 100% true, then it amounts to sexual abuse. But MY whole point here, is that hardly anything she says can be taken at face value. Whether that is because she is a lying hustler, or just a psycho, it doesn't matter.

KidLifeCrisis 12-16-2006 06:31 AM

Props to ggb throughout the thread for being an articulate, decent human being

Tuco 12-16-2006 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
User has been ignored
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh. So much better now.

Tuco.