Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   this chick is fat, yo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=115565)

Gunny Highway 05-17-2006 03:37 PM

Re: this chick is fat, yo

[ QUOTE ]
I feel that this problem is a lot worse than you say it is. What is happening here is intelligent people are propogating a culture that effectively destroys most women's self-esteem before they know themselves well enough to have a good picture of themselves as an individual.

I dont think, however, that the correct response is to turn around and establish a culture seeking to do the same thing towards males.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I may hurl.

nation 05-17-2006 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
duck,

[ QUOTE ]
i certainly make judgments about the appearance of all people, men, and women... but i don't talk about it in anything like the same way that men do, neither do most of my female friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, the fact that we're open and honest with each other about our judgments somehow makes it worse? Whoa.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a lot of different language to say the same thing. and just because i think someone is slightly overweight, i wouldn't say things like damn you a fool for trying to bang that bitch, or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Different types of people use different language. If you don't like lockerroom talk, find a different forum with less males.

LittleOldLady 05-17-2006 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*****FOR THE WIN*****

LOL is Elaine's mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, I am Elaine's mother-in-law. I am Edward's mother....

[/ QUOTE ]

head....about to....EXPLODE!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

well this is just too damn cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought everyone knew that. It's not been a secret. Come to the viewing party for the TV show and say hi....

yasher 05-17-2006 03:38 PM

guids,

I feel the same way as you. My female friends do it, my girlfriend and I do it, my female coworkers do it. The things I've heard come out of some of these chicks' mouths never cease to amaze me.

This is about finding some sort of moral high ground that just doesn't exist.

yasher

Alobar 05-17-2006 03:38 PM

I read you your post and all I could think was "Wow, this bitch is dumb". But then I realized thats why women are called dumb bitches. Must have been another realization from God. Twice in two days. I cant wait to see what tomorrow brings!

miajag 05-17-2006 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vehn,

"Good. Over here, we have a male-affectionate, easy to get along with, non-political agenda lesbian. Down here, we have a man-hating, angry as [censored], agenda of rage, bitter dyke. Over here, we got Santa Claus, and up here the Easter Bunny. Which one is going to get to the hundred dollar bill first?"

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

Nice.

fslexcduck 05-17-2006 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel that this problem is a lot worse than you say it is. What is happening here is intelligent people are propogating a culture that effectively destroys most women's self-esteem before they know themselves well enough to have a good picture of themselves as an individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree completely.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think, however, that the correct response is to turn around and establish a culture seeking to do the same thing towards males.

[/ QUOTE ]

also agree completely. i was more just making a point. someone actually PMed me to start a rating thread using the fat pictures, and i made this point. just that i think it is all foolishness, and an eye for an eye doesn't work. good point.

Aloysius 05-17-2006 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys like to make assumptions about the way girls talk with each other about guys... there are some girls that are just as harsh, but it is in no way the majority. girls certainly don't have things like commonly accepted "rating" scales, and it isn't an accepted reality amongst women that one needs to receive a certain rating on this scale to be eligible, regardless of things like personality or intelligence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree that, from what I've seen, women are less superficial than men when considering eligibility (though it gets closer the older men get).

However, if the idea you are getting from these message boards, is that the same superficial judgments passed on women (again, based soley on their pic) on these boards, is similar to judgments passed in real life... I would bet you are way off.

-Al

AZK 05-17-2006 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vehn,

"Good. Over here, we have a male-affectionate, easy to get along with, non-political agenda lesbian. Down here, we have a man-hating, angry as [censored], agenda of rage, bitter dyke. Over here, we got Santa Claus, and up here the Easter Bunny. Which one is going to get to the hundred dollar bill first?"

[/ QUOTE ]

fantastic. best. movie. ever.

Tennenbaum 05-17-2006 03:40 PM

I dont think I have ever really taken offense to anything said about a chick on this forum, or in real life for that matter. I tend to take the stuff written on here in stride and laugh because I just picture the poster of the comments as some skinny, pale, college kid who has only had sex w/ 1-2 girls.

I myself like to rate chicks in my own mind and on this site. I dont rate dudes on their monatary worth or by their looks for the most part. I tend to value intelligence and humor above all else. Fancy cars and paychecks are of no interest to me.

I just find that sometimes on here guys have crazy standards of what constitutes hot. Obviously, some thin, tan, big breasted woman is going to get a way better score for looks alone on a site like this. That doesnt mean that those are the only chicks these guys will bang (well, some of them anyway).

Everyone has different tastes on here. One dude will post a pic of his GF and a bunch of people post "I'd hit that" posts and others throw up in their mouths a little.

I think it's obsurd to take anything written on here personally. If you dont like what's being said and you cant laugh it off, stop reading it. It's mostly in jest and all BS anyway. And the people that are serious, well that's just their P.O.V. and I hope that they actually get those girls who meet their standards.

yasher 05-17-2006 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read you your post and all I could think was "Wow, this bitch is dumb". But then I realized thats why women are called dumb bitches. Must have been another realization from God. Twice in two days. I cant wait to see what tomorrow brings!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1609/goldbar5dt.jpg

El Diablo 05-17-2006 03:40 PM

mia,

All credit to Vehn, not me. Check his avatar!

Dominic 05-17-2006 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*****FOR THE WIN*****

LOL is Elaine's mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought everyone knew that. It's not been a secret. Come to the viewing party for the TV show and say hi....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd LOVE to be there! Just tell me when and where.

Gunny Highway 05-17-2006 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also agree completely. i was more just making a point. someone actually PMed me to start a rating thread using the fat pictures, and i made this point. just that i think it is all foolishness, and an eye for an eye doesn't work. good point.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I suggested it, I pointed out that I was doing so only because I would find it entertaining. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

guids 05-17-2006 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids,

I feel the same way as you. My female friends do it, my girlfriend and I do it, my female coworkers do it. The things I've heard come out of some of these chicks' mouths never cease to amaze me.

This is about finding some sort of moral high ground that just doesn't exist.

yasher

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, I do think there is a moral highground. somebody, somewhere, doesnt base their initial attraction/reaction on looks and the sexuality they exude. Im sure there is someone, somewhere that does this, but I doubt ill ever meet them.

nation 05-17-2006 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think I have ever really taken offense to anything said about a chick on this forum, or in real life for that matter. I tend to take the stuff written on here in stride and laugh because I just picture the poster of the comments as some skinny, pale, college kid who has only had sex w/ 1-2 girls.

I myself like to rate chicks in my own mind and on this site. I dont rate dudes on their monatary worth or by their looks for the most part. I tend to value intelligence and humor above all else. Fancy cars and paychecks are of no interest to me.

I just find that sometimes on here guys have crazy standards of what constitutes hot. Obviously, some thin, tan, big breasted woman is going to get a way better score for looks alone on a site like this. That doesnt mean that those are the only chicks these guys will bang (well, some of them anyway).

Everyone has different tastes on here. One dude will post a pic of his GF and a bunch of people post "I'd hit that" posts and others throw up in their mouths a little.

I think it's obsurd to take anything written on here personally. If you dont like what's being said and you cant laugh it off, stop reading it. It's mostly in jest and all BS anyway. And the people that are serious, well that's just their P.O.V. and I hope that they actually get those girls who meet their standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

BOOOOOOM!

suzzer99 05-17-2006 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good point. This is a male-dominated message board where we are judging women based solely on appearance. I mean, what would a female-centric message board look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd slip in their thinly veiled brags about whatever thing they think is impressive about their man, just like this board does when they blurt out "my girlfriend is a 9". E-vagina vs. e-penis. Same [censored], just different styles. Everyone tries to get what they want. Men and women just want somewhat different things and can have vastly different ways of going about getting it.

Dominic 05-17-2006 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I love you...wait, that's been done already, hasn't it?

yasher 05-17-2006 03:43 PM

Also, before I forget: did anyone else expect this thread to be a pic of a really really really fat chick?

Cuz I was disappointed, until the drama started!

fslexcduck 05-17-2006 03:45 PM

Tennenbaum,

while i'm not personally offended, it pisses me off for the reasons that i think it propogates a culture of misogyny. by having things on this internet forum and guys proving how cool they are by the best insults of women, it propogates the standard that making fun of women makes one cool... that's what pisses me off. the effects things like this have on the overall society, rather than individually potentially offensive things (because i actually have a pretty thick skin and can hold my own when it comes to these things, as those who know me can attest to)

yasher 05-17-2006 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a good point. This is a male-dominated message board where we are judging women based solely on appearance. I mean, what would a female-centric message board look like?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd slip in their thinly veiled brags about whatever thing they think is impressive about their man, just like this board does when they blurt out "my girlfriend is a 9". E-vagina vs. e-penis. Same [censored], just different styles. Everyone tries to get what they want. Men and women just want somewhat different things and can have vastly different ways of going about getting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

E-vagina, eh? I think you need a better term. E-penis is fine, because guys want to have huge penises (penii?). Do you really think chicks want larger vaginas?

Would e-clitty work? No... e-breasts? No...

Good lord, what's the female equivalent of an e-penis?

nation 05-17-2006 03:46 PM

E-tittaaaaays

LittleOldLady 05-17-2006 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*****FOR THE WIN*****

LOL is Elaine's mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd LOVE to be there! Just tell me when and where.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first showing of the episode is scheduled for Tuesday, June 20, 10 pm (eastern and pacific time). The last I heard there will probably be a party at one of the places featured in the episode, but I don't know if that's definite. I am sure that Edward will make an announcement if/when it's a done deal. FWIW my friends back in New Orleans will be having a viewing party, and perhaps 2p2ers elsewhere will be doing the same.

B00T 05-17-2006 03:48 PM

I am surprised there is not one picture posted anywhere in this thread yet.

nation 05-17-2006 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tennenbaum,

while i'm not personally offended, it pisses me off for the reasons that i think it propogates a culture of misogyny. by having things on this internet forum and guys proving how cool they are by the best insults of women, it propogates the standard that making fun of women makes one cool... that's what pisses me off. the effects things like this have on the overall society, rather than individually potentially offensive things (because i actually have a pretty thick skin and can hold my own when it comes to these things, as those who know me can attest to)

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you're taking the effect of an internet forum way too seriously. People don't actually treat women worse just because they dissect flaws in private. If they have a one night stand and don't call again, it's because of way more than looks.

fslexcduck 05-17-2006 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, before I forget: did anyone else expect this thread to be a pic of a really really really fat chick? Cuz I was disappointed

[/ QUOTE ]

good, that was the point!

[ QUOTE ]
until the drama started!

[/ QUOTE ]

good, that too!

TheMainEvent 05-17-2006 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised there is not one picture posted anywhere in this thread yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you talking about?

Gunny Highway 05-17-2006 03:49 PM

On a serious note:

Men are men. Women are women. Men and women are not the same. Every man is not the same as all other men. Every women is not the same as all other women.

Are looks more important to most men than to most women? Probably.

Does not finding fat women attractive mean that a man hates women? No.

Do most men look for the same things in women that most women look for in men? Probably not.

Is this politically incorrect? Apparently.

Is it somehow morally wrong? No.

Do we have a responsibility to spend our lives nurturing the self-esteem of strangers? No.

Do we help them by encouraging them to think being obese is attractive? No.

Does having a good time by pointing out the faults in celebrities or women that have posted their pics on the Internet mean we hate women or that we call them names or otherwise treat them with disrespect in our daily lives? No.

It's the Internet people. Have fun. Try not to take it too seriously.

Noo Yawk 05-17-2006 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vehn,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there's no such thing as the easter bunny, santa claus or the non-political lesbian, but I don't want to get dragged into this. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Duck,

Theres plenty of stuff out there thats aimed at man bashing. There's a whole network devoted the castrization of men. It's called lifetime.

nation 05-17-2006 03:50 PM

fslexcduck,

Pic please.

B00T 05-17-2006 03:50 PM

pictures of posters.. not stuey or some wacko couple

captZEEbo 05-17-2006 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to value intelligence and humor above all else. Fancy cars and paychecks are of no interest to me.

[/ QUOTE ]SKEPTICAL

faded 05-17-2006 03:51 PM

Gunny,
Please back your avatar.

Thank you.

soko 05-17-2006 03:52 PM

The reason men judge women is because we can.

Men have power and women have their looks.

Nothing more unattractive than a powerful women or a poor man, that's the truth. period.

Tennenbaum 05-17-2006 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tennenbaum,

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly think we could ever live in a world where people don't rate/comment on other people? It's not going to happen? Obviously, I have more of a problem if really out of line things were being said/done to a woman to purposefully to hurt her feelings or affect her in some way. But this is just a site for people's opinions and blowing off steam. By getting upset at this crap and posting an entire thread on it, you are just giving truth to the misogynistic view of the nagging, whinny woman.

TheMainEvent 05-17-2006 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason men judge women is because we can.

Men have power and women have their looks.

Nothing more unattractive than a powerful women or a poor man, that's the truth. question mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Georgia Avenue 05-17-2006 03:54 PM

Can we please hijack this thread into a Hott Fat Chicks thread now? Me, Gunny and codewarrior are sick of being chastised for our chubby-chasing ways!

nation 05-17-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tennenbaum,

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly think we could ever live in a world where people don't rate/comment on other people? It's not going to happen? Obviously, I have more of a problem if really out of line things were being said/done to a woman to purposefully to hurt her feelings or affect her in some way. But this is just a site for people's opinions and blowing off steam. By getting upset at this crap and posting an entire thread on it, you are just giving truth to the misogynistic view of the nagging, whinny woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Tennenbaum 05-17-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tennenbaum,

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I think girls are WAY worse when it comes to dissecting the looks of another woman. We do it all the time. Women are catty bitches. Guys are simply stating their preference for women they'd like to [censored]. They are not doing it to purposefully hurt chicks feelings.

guids 05-17-2006 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tennenbaum,

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think you're taking the effect of an internet forum way too seriously. People don't actually treat women worse just because they dissect flaws in private. If they have a one night stand and don't call again, it's because of way more than looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah, woah, no, if I dont call after a one night stand, its because the next morning I realized I made a mistake and was too drunk to see she wasnt good looking, who wants to go out with a non-good looking girl who will go sleep w/ you after a night, rather than a good looking girl who will too. Im shallow, Im the first to admit it. I treat fat people, people who dont take care of themselves, etc, much more coldly at first than someone who obviously has some self-respect and takes the time to not look like a fat slob. I dont give a [censored] what you think about me, but most people do this, subconsciencely or not.