Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   New Tysen Streib Book: Kill Everyone (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=427753)

Pokerpun 10-23-2007 06:28 PM

Re: Available now at Amazon

Any Idea when it will be possible to get this book from PokerStars store?

LeeNelson 10-23-2007 08:13 PM

Books have already been shipped to Poker Stars. They will be available for FPPs in the Poker Stars store. I estimate availability there in about 10 days to 2 weeks.

shyturtle27 10-23-2007 08:36 PM

What's the ETA on an f'ing review in here? Really would like to see if it's worth a buy.

deacsoft 10-24-2007 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any Idea when it will be possible to get this book from PokerStars store?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be up to the publisher and PokerStars. If you're interested in possibly obtaining it that way you should e-mail PokerStars and advise them of your interest.

shyturtle27 10-24-2007 06:09 PM

So what's the ETA for this book getting to borders/barnes and noble stores?

trojanrabbit 10-24-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what's the ETA for this book getting to borders/barnes and noble stores?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure. That always seems to take longer than other methods, so I'd recommend ordering online.

Tysen

trojanrabbit 10-24-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the ETA on an f'ing review in here? Really would like to see if it's worth a buy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd love to see a review too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

shyturtle27 10-26-2007 12:53 AM

there's a reveiw up on amazon...sounds amazing. I've been looking for a resource that discusses early round chip accumulation...might just have to order this.

h11 10-26-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd love to see a review too. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read most of it last night. It's good, too good. I hope no one else reads it.

Deakon 10-27-2007 02:25 PM

Hmm, wonder what's the deal with amazon. I ordered mine on the 20th and it says it still hasn't shipped. Why the hell can't they get their shipping information right?

chucky 10-27-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, wonder what's the deal with amazon. I ordered mine on the 20th and it says it still hasn't shipped. Why the hell can't they get their shipping information right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon has not been runn well since Hercules stole Hippolyte's belt.

JJay1231 10-27-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats Amazon for you. I stopped ordering from there for good. Try ordering from Professional Poker next time. My KE book was shipped on time and it arrived in a couple of days and I live in Oz. If it was Amazon, god knows when it would be shipped.

Deakon 10-27-2007 08:25 PM

Thanks for the headsup JJay, will do!

h11 10-27-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, wonder what's the deal with amazon. I ordered mine on the 20th and it says it still hasn't shipped. Why the hell can't they get their shipping informatAion right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned from the last two plus two book that amazon sends their preorders out very late. So this time I ordered my copy from a guy I saw posting here who said he had it right on his desk, ready to ship out, a guy named Mike. I got it within three days, tho the order form failed to let me have the option of getting it priority mail. I learned from the email confirmation from Mike that I had a choice of media mail or priority mail - too late. But I am so close to him that media mail was fast. So if you use him in the future - remember that you can email him to tell him to do it priority, I think. Or leave a note or something. Found him - Professional Poker.com. It's also nice to deal with a human, and one of our group, rather than a trillion dollar conglomerate. It is a really really good book, imo.

Professionalpoker 10-28-2007 12:58 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Our checkout for domestic orders now defaults to Priority mail and also offers media and express mail options.
Mike

DOTTT 10-28-2007 02:36 PM

Tysen,

The charts on pages 72 and 73 titled "Unexploitable Re-Steals Far From The Money" are unclear. What are the 3 colums for on pg 72, and what are the 2 colums on pg 73?

Gallopin Gael 10-29-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tysen,

The charts on pages 72 and 73 titled "Unexploitable Re-Steals Far From The Money" are unclear. What are the 3 colums for on pg 72, and what are the 2 colums on pg 73?

[/ QUOTE ]

The top ranges (next to Your CSI) is the opponents range for the initial raise.

The ranges below that are the ranges that you can resteal with given a certain CSI.

trojanrabbit 10-29-2007 12:06 PM

Re-steal chart

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally got my hard copies, so I can see what the problem is. Yes, I know they are unclear. There is supposed to be a thick line between the second and third rows. If you look very closely you can see that the line is a bit thicker, but you essentially can’t see the difference. If that line were thicker, it would be more obvious how to read the chart. Anyway, look a dozen or so posts up from here for an explanation for how to read it.

Tysen

MyTurn2Raise 10-31-2007 06:32 PM

Re: Re-steal chart

just got mine from amazon....it's fantastic

the best thing I can say is that even if you disagree with some of the recommendations and strategy, the book forces you to think about and evaluate the entire theory and strategy underlying your game

I'll have a more thorough review later, but I can say this is a great mental exercise all the way around

the book is dense and will take alot of time to work through

shyturtle27 10-31-2007 08:37 PM

Re: Re-steal chart

[ QUOTE ]
just got mine from amazon....it's fantastic

the best thing I can say is that even if you disagree with some of the recommendations and strategy, the book forces you to think about and evaluate the entire theory and strategy underlying your game

I'll have a more thorough review later, but I can say this is a great mental exercise all the way around

the book is dense and will take alot of time to work through

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great. Mine will hopefully be here tomorrow. I saw that there is a HU strategy in it. Could you give me your review on that? Would it be applicable to HU SNG's?

trojanrabbit 10-31-2007 11:58 PM

There's a nice 3-minute interview with Lee about Kill Everyone.

Pokerpun 11-01-2007 07:44 PM

The book looks great - not sure about the guy interviewing Lee though.

mshalen 11-02-2007 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The book looks great - not sure about the guy interviewing Lee though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Just because I had to back away from the screen a few times due to thinking he was going to move/mombo/wiggle so far forward he was going to pop out of my monitor?

checktowin 11-02-2007 08:28 PM

its actually a pretty damn good book

shyturtle27 11-02-2007 08:59 PM

This book is amazing. I was not expecting the amount of math and theory that this book puts in front of me. I thought it would be a basic layout of tournament strategy with tight hand reccomendations for early rounds, etc., but it is so rich with just advanced theory that I was not prepared for. The re-steal chart is awesome. I really enjoyed the Mark Vos chapter on 6-max strategy for cash games. It is pretty much a basic TAG strategy, but goes in depth more than I expected about post flop play. Really good stuff all around. Good job, guys!

finesseQ 11-06-2007 01:48 PM

Holy f’ing christ! How is this book not getting more love? Is it that no one’s reading it? I think this is by far the best poker book I’ve ever read and I immediately found things that help me with my game. It is so deep on so many levels and some of the things on bubble factors just blow my mind. This is the book I was hoping that the Math of Poker book was going to be. Kill everyone is actually USEFUL instead of just a bunch of toy games that you can’t do anything with.

The Good: So many juicy nuggets that I’m sure will become standard lingo like ‘M’ did after HOH. Fear equity, bubble factors and tournament odds just to name a few. I love that they show a ton of equilibrium plays as well as the best response against people who aren’t playing equilibrium. The endgame section is the best part, but the other stuff is good too like how the game has changed in recent years with more allin bets and cbets too. The walkthrough of the pro SNG is eye opening.

The bad: I was hoping for a longer 6-max cash game section, but what’s there is decent. My only other complaint is that it’s NOT an easy read, though that may actually be a good thing. I had to read most of it very slowly and then reread it a second time before some of it sunk in. Heavy stuff.

The ugly: That resteal chart is a nightmare to read like others have said. It’s got lots of georgeous charts and graphs, but that one is a dud.

FookFuLohan 11-06-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy f’ing christ! How is this book not getting more love? Is it that no one’s reading it? I think this is by far the best poker book I’ve ever read and I immediately found things that help me with my game. It is so deep on so many levels and some of the things on bubble factors just blow my mind. This is the book I was hoping that the Math of Poker book was going to be. Kill everyone is actually USEFUL instead of just a bunch of toy games that you can’t do anything with.

The Good: So many juicy nuggets that I’m sure will become standard lingo like ‘M’ did after HOH. Fear equity, bubble factors and tournament odds just to name a few. I love that they show a ton of equilibrium plays as well as the best response against people who aren’t playing equilibrium. The endgame section is the best part, but the other stuff is good too like how the game has changed in recent years with more allin bets and cbets too. The walkthrough of the pro SNG is eye opening.

The bad: I was hoping for a longer 6-max cash game section, but what’s there is decent. My only other complaint is that it’s NOT an easy read, though that may actually be a good thing. I had to read most of it very slowly and then reread it a second time before some of it sunk in. Heavy stuff.

The ugly: That resteal chart is a nightmare to read like others have said. It’s got lots of georgeous charts and graphs, but that one is a dud.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people like the book but as you said there is a lot of heavy info to digest and everyone is reading one chapter at a time once or twice then try it out instead of reading the whole book.

In regards to the resteal chart, the author who specifically written the chart explains here in this thread.

http://forums.lasvegasadvisor.com/me...hreadid=258338

shyturtle27 11-06-2007 02:51 PM

Re-steal chart is far from a "dud" you just need to know how to read it. The top row is the opponent's initial raising range and there is a slightly thicker line beneath it to show it is seperate from the other ranges which are your re-steal ranges for your CSI (same as M) according to the opponent's stealing range.

Anyway, I got this book Friday and I'm still not half way through because it is so dense. I love the math behind everything and it doesn't leave much guesswork to what to do when at the end of a tournament.

Pokerpun 11-06-2007 07:31 PM

The book sounds great , but the title is really dreadful e.g. I did not even read this thread at first as I did not realize it was about a poker book.

fraac 11-06-2007 07:41 PM

As pointed out in article 9 subsection 12, Kill Everyone is a great name. It should be the name of everything.

Assani Fisher 11-09-2007 07:21 AM

Re: New Tysen Streib Book: Kill Everyone

[ QUOTE ]

We’ve also got a bonus chapter by Mark Vos on 6-max NLHE cash game strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems really really random.

100,504 and counting

MyTurn2Raise 11-12-2007 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100,504 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

it is random and doesn't fit with the rest of a good book

Jan 11-12-2007 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As pointed out in article 9 subsection 12, Kill Everyone is a great name. It should be the name of everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that when I took my daughter to swim practice at a local high school and left the book on the bleacher steps, and now I have to call this school to inquire if the book has been found and will most likely have to name the TITLE of this book to have any chance of recovering it, it is not such a great name. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

smbruin22 11-12-2007 04:08 PM

when will the book be available from amazon.ca? i.e. canadian amazon......... and is it subject to delay at Amazon.com right now? thanks....

shyturtle27 11-12-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100,504 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

it is random and doesn't fit with the rest of a good book

[/ QUOTE ]

Random, but decent advice. The only horrible thing I read was about open limping 66-22 in EP, but that might just be because it wants to be geared toward absolute 6-max beginners who don't know how to play post flop at all with a dry pair.

Poker Face 11-12-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when will the book be available from amazon.ca? i.e. canadian amazon......... and is it subject to delay at Amazon.com right now? thanks....

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon.ca just added it...probably Sunday. It's listed for a Jan. 2008 release (no specific date), but I imagine you might have to wait till Feb., before they deliver it to you. Chapters.ca is usually faster shipping out rare American books like Farha on Omaha (chapters.ca had it in stock before Amazon.ca did-I don't think Amaz. has it in stock even now), but chapters doesn't have "Kill Everyone" listed yet.

trojanrabbit 11-13-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea when it will be available in Canada. At .com there were delays since it keeps selling out. On the 3rd shipment we sent to Amazon, after they announced immediate availability it sold out in 12 hours. But it looks like they've restocked now and have it available immediately.

Tysen

jase 11-13-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there were delays since it keeps selling out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good problem to have, Tysen. Congrats...

dirty banana2007 11-13-2007 08:39 PM

Any idea when it will reach Amazon uk?

Poker Face 11-14-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea when it will reach Amazon uk?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I see it listed on Amazon uk for 14.21 (in strange Brit. money), but to get free shipping you have to spend more than 15. Plus, it's not in stock just like in Canada. Our money may be worth more, but we still can't buy what we want from our own countries. God bless America!