Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread**** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366371)

wh1t3bread 04-10-2007 08:41 AM

Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

Did anyone else see Delgado bunt for a base hit when the Phillies played the shift defense on him?

Awesome. I don't know who was more excited, me on my couch...or The Stache in the dugout.

JordanIB 04-10-2007 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else see Delgado bunt for a base hit when the Phillies played the shift defense on him?

Awesome. I don't know who was more excited, me on my couch...or The Stache in the dugout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me in Section 2.

That was awesome. Probably the only time we'll see it all year, unfortunately. I also love the not-so-uncommon scenario when Reyes is on third with Delgado up and we get to play the "Will he or won't he try to steal home?" game on each pitch.

Needle77 04-10-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me in Section 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know man. The 'Stache was pretty excited about that.

[ QUOTE ]
That was awesome. Probably the only time we'll see it all year, unfortunately. I also love the not-so-uncommon scenario when Reyes is on third with Delgado up and we get to play the "Will he or won't he try to steal home?" game on each pitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] The "game." That is always fun to watch. Might have to go on MLB.TV just to rewatch both those moments.

wh1t3bread 04-10-2007 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Me in Section 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag. Wrong forum Noob. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

James282 04-10-2007 12:25 PM

Big start for Perez tonight. If he shows even a modicum of the control he showed last outing, I'll be very happy regardless of the result. Also, Delgado's bunt was cool - I think he should just do that every time until teams turn off the shift. I think the shift really crushes his BA and that if there were no shift last year he would have been the same carlos he's always been.

James

Needle77 04-11-2007 07:08 PM

Go Go Perez.

BTW I am [censored] pissed off at Philly television. They have the 76ers game on tonight...NOT THE METS AND PHILS! If you live in the philly area and beyond could you please tell me what channel the game might be on tonight. This could put me on life tilt.

Needle77 04-11-2007 07:22 PM

BTW, was that Lo Duca's first unproductive out this year?

James282 04-11-2007 07:56 PM

perez can be so fun to watch sometimes but most of the times it's so frustrating. like a rich man's victor zambrano. he's a time bomb with the power the phillies have in the front of this lineup.

james

James282 04-11-2007 08:00 PM

okay i should have went to watch the adam sandler movie with my gf instead of watching this. i am going to have a heart attack. two innings in a row with 3 straight walks? holy hell.

james

Needle77 04-11-2007 08:02 PM

OMG, I am going to kill this [censored]. I can't even watch the game and I want him to die. They have someone in the bullpen right? Sele?

James282 04-11-2007 08:03 PM

sele. perez looks truly awful.

james

edit: his balls aren't even close, like 3 feet outside the strike zone. Rowand swung at two clear balls or that would have been a 4 pitch walk also.

Needle77 04-11-2007 08:05 PM

HE HIT A BATTER. HE HIT A BATTER???? OMG.

kbfc 04-11-2007 08:10 PM

Well that sucked. If he doesn't get squeezed on a few blatant strikes there (that 2-2 pitch to Rowand was the dagger), I think he gets his composure back, but alas he didn't.

Needle77 04-11-2007 08:10 PM

Sele for MVP.

BobOjedaFan 04-11-2007 08:18 PM

good outing by Perez, he only gave up 1 hit

James282 04-11-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well that sucked. If he doesn't get squeezed on a few blatant strikes there (that 2-2 pitch to Rowand was the dagger), I think he gets his composure back, but alas he didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

a few looked like strikes, but if you have the sny broadcast they made a good point that when the catcher sets up inside, the ump sets up inside above him - and when the pitch goes 2 feet to the right of where the catcher sets up the ump will never call a strike because of his perspective and the context, even if it is right on the corner.

James

kbfc 04-11-2007 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a few looked like strikes, but if you have the sny broadcast they made a good point that when the catcher sets up inside, the ump sets up inside above him - and when the pitch goes 2 feet to the right of where the catcher sets up the ump will never call a strike because of his perspective and the context, even if it is right on the corner.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard them say that. The problem is a)that's BS, and b) that specific pitch was right down the middle, as shown on replay.

BobOjedaFan 04-11-2007 08:24 PM

Sele is so boring, i wish he would walk 12 straight batters or something

kbfc 04-11-2007 08:27 PM

I gotta give you credit. You were right here praising him when he dominated in his last two starts, one of which was game 7 of the NLCS.

Needle77 04-11-2007 08:33 PM

I thought Perez was taken out?

James282 04-11-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

James

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard them say that. The problem is a)that's BS, and b) that specific pitch was right down the middle, as shown on replay.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean it absolutely was not right down the middle. and i dont think it's an excuse because i think they should use a 'perfect' computerized strike zone, but what they said definitely made sense for that specific pitch.

BobOjedaFan 04-11-2007 08:38 PM

Perez did not 'dominate' in his last 2 starts. He was absolutely horrible in Game 4, the Mets scored like 8 thousand runs. Stop saying that.

BobOjedaFan 04-11-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

James

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean it absolutely was not right down the middle. and i dont think it's an excuse because i think they should use a 'perfect' computerized strike zone, but what they said definitely made sense for that specific pitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Computerized Strike Zone

James282 04-11-2007 08:50 PM

i love hearing the announcers talk about the '69 series.

Keith: Do people up in Milwaukee still think about 69 much?

Jerry: Well, no - I'm sure people in new york think about 69 a lot more than they do.

James

kbfc 04-11-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perez did not 'dominate' in his last 2 starts. He was absolutely horrible in Game 4, the Mets scored like 8 thousand runs. Stop saying that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing poker right now, but I'm sure you have the resources available to dig up Perez's line for NLCS game 7 and the first game this year.

Needle77 04-11-2007 09:43 PM

OMG. Clearly swung...fine. But when Willie asks the homeplate umpire to ask for some help the umpire just said no. Why can't he just ask for help when he didn't see it? I don't see the big deal of asking for help.

TruFloridaGator 04-11-2007 09:44 PM

Needle, I think you may out do the Jaguars thread.

TruFloridaGator 04-11-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go Go Oliver Perez for 2007 NL Cy Young.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bahahah

kbfc 04-11-2007 09:50 PM

The home plate ump has been purely terrible this game. I hope to look back on this game at some later date where the Mets get the benefit of poor umping, so I can feel ok about it.

Needle77 04-11-2007 09:52 PM

TFG,

First, I hope this thread surpasses the Jags just because the Mets win the WS.

Second, Who said a Brave fan can come in here? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Third, Perez will win the 2011 Cy Young, it was clearly a mistype by me.

TruFloridaGator 04-11-2007 09:53 PM

Jags superbowl >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>> Mets WS even if I am a Mets' fan, although the Jags have been one of the most successful expansion teams ever.

Needle77 04-11-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jags superbowl >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>> Mets WS even if I am a Mets' fan, although the Jags have been one of the most successful expansion teams ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT

Go Go Jags '07.

wh1t3bread 04-12-2007 08:34 AM

Ugggh....wtf was that? I really wanted to see Duke completely flip out and drop some ninja kicks or wail on a guitar or kill some pirates or something and get tossed. That would have at least made watching last night's debacle worth it.

Suigin406 04-12-2007 08:42 AM

missed the last game...looking at the stats, it seems i lucked out...7 walks in 2 2/3 IP??...yea, that'll get it done...

JordanIB 04-12-2007 09:25 AM

Also fun to be sitting in 30 degree weather while your pitcher walks the ballpark.

But Ollie's performance nonwithstanding, we only got 2 runs and failed to get more when we could.

On the bright side, Joe Smith looked good and maybe 2007 Aaron Sele = 2006 Darren Oliver.

wh1t3bread 04-12-2007 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On the bright side, Joe Smith looked good and maybe 2007 Aaron Sele = 2006 Darren Oliver.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was a little worried when the season started about the bullpen but they've been solid:

IP: 24.1
H: 19
BB: 11
ER: 7
K: 17
ERA: 2.62
WHIP: 1.24

In other news it looks like Milledge is headed to New Orleans after tonight, not too surprising since Green has been pretty good at the plate so far. I'll take the extra arm in the bullpen for now and let Milledge get some AB's.

BobOjedaFan 04-12-2007 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also fun to be sitting in 30 degree weather while your pitcher walks the ballpark.

But Ollie's performance nonwithstanding, we only got 2 runs and failed to get more when we could.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean a really good long reliever that will be better than half the bums we trot out there in the 4 and 5 spots in August but will never get a start himself ever because we 'need' him in long relief role when we are down 8-0 in the 1st to give us 7 strong innings and keep us in the game when in actuality he coulda given us the same 7 strong innings by starting the game himself and not falling ridiculously behind in the process?

lol, sorry still angry about how Oliver was used.

wh1t3bread 04-12-2007 10:30 AM

Bob,

Every Mets fan I know is a bitter person, but you take it to another level. Ha.

JordanIB 04-12-2007 10:39 AM

I disagree Bob. Obviously, it's conjecture, but if Darren Oliver was part of the rotation last year, I think there's a good possibility he gets overexposed.

Plus, after demonstrating his early success, he probably would have had difficulty stretching to be more than a 5 inning starter. This puts further pressure on an already overtaxed bullpen, pressure which he was relieving in a very valuable role out of the pen.

Needle77 04-12-2007 07:45 PM

Um....???