Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

BluffBlank 01-16-2007 01:03 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised and a little saddened to not be on any of those lists. My platform is solid. My character? Untarnished. A vote for me is a great one, and heres why:

- I am pro-village which will be evident soon enough
- I am above avg at finding wolves
- I will post content and with great fervor
- I may/may not have pro village powers which will help me find wolves.

I think its clear that a vote for MDoranD is a cant lose proposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're on mine. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

dmk 01-16-2007 01:03 PM

luckay,

evil kills 1 voting bloc person and they are now useless, yes?

dmk 01-16-2007 01:04 PM

support stephen

traz 01-16-2007 01:04 PM

clown's plan seems solid, but the fact that 4 villagers will know each other by day 2/3 seems kinda lame

MDoranD 01-16-2007 01:04 PM

guys,

I dont think we should have anyone claim roles. IMO this will only make it easier for the wolves to narrow down who the power villagers are.

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 01:04 PM

the bloc is useless anyways, the only purpose of the bloc is to have confirmed villagers

also, I missed clowntable's post, it's a very very good post
[ QUOTE ]
Strategy:
Voting block villagers claim today, block leader sends PMs with some code to inthread confirm tomorrow = 4 confirmed villagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

support clowntable

xorbie 01-16-2007 01:05 PM

the best way to have the voting bloc go is to have them send out a message, confirm in thread with some code word, then all vote one of themselves on the council. once a single voting bloc member dies, the rest can just come out and we have a confirmed villager on the council.

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 01:07 PM

xorbie's plan is actually the best out of all, standard, but quite good
clowntable's plan was good

support xorbie

traz 01-16-2007 01:08 PM

Also, if you don't think you'll ever be on the council, I can't stress enough how important it is for you to KEEP POSTING, LIKE ITS A NORMAL GAME

ScottHoward 01-16-2007 01:09 PM

ive added zurvan to my non support list
his support list includes mets, and while I love mets and all, it appears zurv was trying to list players who were able to create longwinded well thought out detailed posts:
stephen h
mets
fnord
traz
xorbie
wdcbooks
chuck
iron yuppie

mets does not fit in this group imo.
while zurv is probably correct that he wont get any votes, I think he may need to be viewed as a wolf.

luckay, lets not use role info as angleshoots, ok?

my current “will not support” list (possible wolves duh):
xorb
bram
valenzuela
zurv
traz

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 01:10 PM

^ I didn't intend to post that post, lag got me

this is what I wanted to post:

xorbie's plan is actually the best out of all, standard, but quite good (no need for bloc to claim. Head bloc, you must create an inconspicious code for your bloc to do tomorrow)

support xorbie

Spook 01-16-2007 01:11 PM

Alternate Win condition for the Wolves: Control the Electorate.

If the only members of the Electorate are Wolves, and the Dictator is dead - then it looks to me that Wolves win.

Thus in the first two days, we need to have as many people as possible use their votes at in the last hour on random players.

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the best way to have the voting bloc go is to have them send out a message, confirm in thread with some code word, then all vote one of themselves on the council. once a single voting bloc member dies, the rest can just come out and we have a confirmed villager on the council.

[/ QUOTE ]
I basically agree with this but I think it should be more complicated. It needs to be discreet enough so that the wolves can't pick up on it but also concrete enough so that a random player is unlikely to duplicate it by accident. We only get one shot at this - I would think we would want some combination of like 4 or 5 things none of which would stand out individually at all in order for them to identify each other.

econophile 01-16-2007 01:13 PM

Good people of Pogvannah,

I am searching for a policy chairman for the econophile for elector 2008 exploratory committee.

My name is econophile and I approve this message.

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
luckay, lets not use role info as angleshoots, ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
what?
a voting bloc with a head bloc who can send messages to the voting bloc is just asking for 4 confirmed villagers
I'm sure that this was taken into account for balance, and we'd be fools not to use it

wait
scotthoward is the one lecturing me about this, wtf?

I almost typed "do NOT support scotthoward" but then I realized that it was so bad that it could be a villager tell

traz 01-16-2007 01:13 PM

Not true, with the legacy system, villagers can become eligible on n4

Zurvan 01-16-2007 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

his support list includes mets, and while I love mets and all, it appears zurv was trying to list players who were able to create longwinded well thought out detailed posts:

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott

My list is composed of players I consider to be good at this game. Mets deserves his spot.

traz 01-16-2007 01:15 PM

I think there are players who are better suited at being on the council in the early days, and some players who are better suited for mid-game

xorbie 01-16-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thus in the first two days, we need to have as many people as possible use their votes at in the last hour on random players.

[/ QUOTE ]

that won't help if they don't get onto the electorate before day four.

Zurvan 01-16-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the electorate is all wolves, they could either refuse to pass on their legacy, or pass it to the other wolves. They would then control the game.

fmxda 01-16-2007 01:18 PM

xorbie's plan is great; support xorbie.
Also support traz.

xorbie 01-16-2007 01:18 PM

while i obviously want to be on the council later, i dont think ill be all that helpful the first couple days. occasionally i catch a post or two that gives away a wolf, but normally i just wait until about six days in and then find most of them.

xorbie 01-16-2007 01:20 PM

also im confused about the innkeeping thing. are rooms only created when the doctor protects a seer? also have no idea what the muffin thing is about.

traz 01-16-2007 01:22 PM

If doctors only protect the seer, then that sucks

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If the electorate is all wolves, they could either refuse to pass on their legacy, or pass it to the other wolves. They would then control the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not really worried about wolves controlling the game after the first cut on day 2 - I am much more concerned about them controlling the game after the second cut on day 4. A couple of things I think should happen to try to keep the wolves from controlling the electorate
1. Villagers should always pass down their legacies in the early game. This will prevent wolves from just trying to kill off enough pro-village electorate to force a win.
2. We shouldn't elect the same people to the electorate more than once early. If we really want someone multiple times it is ok but shouldn't be done more than once or twice total.

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 01:25 PM

I am absoutely certain that shortline and traz should be two people who are elected today, day1 specifically, due to past history with particularly good wolf-dars on day1.

fmxda 01-16-2007 01:26 PM

I think villagers should always pass down their legacies period. If you think someone has a decent chance of being a villager, better to trust your own read than leave it up to the collective.

Spook 01-16-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But if that villager passes his legacy to a Wolf, that is bad.
Wolves won't pass on legacy, they don't need to. With Nine wolves, it will be hard for all of the legacies to be passed to villagers.

This is pretty clear if you look at end game situations with only one electorate. If there are 3 left, and one electorate who is also a wolf, village losses. If there are five left, two electorates, one of which is a wolf, then night kill is used on the other, village losses.
Use induction to show how hard it will be for village to avoid this unless we have many people are able to be voted for.

BluffBlank 01-16-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think villagers should always pass down their legacies period. If you think someone has a decent chance of being a villager, better to trust your own read than leave it up to the collective.

[/ QUOTE ]

moreso, not passing down your electorate gives us 0% chance to elect another villager. Passing it to a wolf is not nearly as bad as not passing it to a villager. I hope that makes some sense. There's no reason to not pass down your legacy.

dmk 01-16-2007 01:31 PM

u guys are boring. we should just be accusing ppl of wolfdom. like jeremy for example

Spook 01-16-2007 01:35 PM

Yeah, we should be campaigning on who to vote for based on how what person is going to lynch
support dmk

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
u guys are boring. we should just be accusing ppl of wolfdom. like jeremy for example

[/ QUOTE ]
support dmk

btw...work with me here:
Luckay's dream council setup:

Night1: Traz, Shortline, ???
Night2: MDD, DMK, ???

traz 01-16-2007 01:40 PM

yea, so who's a wolf, START POSTING YO

MDoranD 01-16-2007 01:45 PM

By the way, Letting anyone Onto the electorate who doesnt want to be in the electorate is silly. Cant we just agree to vote for me? i promise to work hard for the village.

LuckayLuck 01-16-2007 01:45 PM

Zurvan isn't a wolf. This statement is not better than a seer peek, but it's pretty close to as good as one.

ScottHoward 01-16-2007 01:51 PM

server blows
ill be back later, maybe

xorbie 01-16-2007 01:54 PM

possible wolves:

scott howard
thebram
jeremy
mdoran
wdbooks

and i think im forgetting someone.

HerbieGRD 01-16-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am getting good villager vibes from most of the people here so far. Only Jeremy and Xorbie have been suspicious to me at all. Jeremy because his posts sound forced and Xorbie because I think he has already posted more for this game than he did in any of the other 3 long games I played with him for the entire game and he was a villager in all three.

Stephen H 01-16-2007 02:00 PM

Server ate my post. So instead, I'll just say that it's snowing here, and that's pretty rare.

I don't have a good wolf list yet, but I'm working on it. Let's just say for now I'm not in agreement with Luckay about Zurvan.

ScottHoward 01-16-2007 02:00 PM

servers back it seems, for how long who knows
i dont really want to be voted for because i cant commit to being available at 1015-1030pm or whatever at night. i would like to get just one vote though to be eligible in the future.

xorb, the person you forgot was “xorbie”