Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   PLEASE HELP Missing Person from the forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444828)

W brad 07-08-2007 05:01 AM

Re: PLEASE HELP Missing Person from the forum

I'm curious, what sort of liability is the rental car company facing here? It was their car that broke down after all.

Injection 07-08-2007 05:08 AM

So sorry.. I started scrolling through the thread after the first few posts hoping to see he'd been found safe and well, very saddened to read the news.

If any other 2'ers decide to venture out cross-country, especially alone, hopefully this thread will motivate you to take a few extra precautions.

My condolences to the friends and family.

SNOWBALL 07-08-2007 05:25 AM

I don't recall any of his posts, but it still makes me sad when any harm comes to 22ers. Such an awful way to die also [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Exitonly 07-08-2007 06:02 AM

this is such a sad thread, and i hate thinking about what he must have gone through, and now what his family is going through. I went and looked at some of his old posts to see if I had read them before, this one kinda made me gag.

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a pretty sweet deal. I travel year round for work and live in Marriotts and Hertz cars. . The company flies me wherever. So free airfare, hotel and rental car, and the buy-ins for Events #27 and #49 I took off the felt at the Tampa Hard Rock. The whole thing is a free roll!

I feel kinda guilty about it, actually. WAIT! I'm over it...

[/ QUOTE ]

aislephive 07-08-2007 06:15 AM

God this is just horrible, extremely sad. My condolences to everybody whom was affected by this tragic loss.

dwf76 07-08-2007 06:29 AM

R.I.P Mike

SmartBugger 07-08-2007 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know this guys history but its very irresponsible to go out there without some basic supplies and survival skills. like bring a gallon of water if youre gonna go offroading 80m from civilization. i wouldnt rule out foul play actually now that i think about that.

regardless, very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done a lot of hiking around the US and Canada and things like these are always easyer said than done. Sure, having proper supplies will help you but with things like heat stroke, people don't notice it until it is too late.

While it is sad someone so young died, I doubt anyone can resonably expect a city-person to prepare for such an event.

CCx 07-08-2007 12:19 PM

this is a sad thread - condolences and prayers to his family

jcg2005 07-08-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was so hoping this was a joke. Sad it's not.

My thoughts and prayers.

[/ QUOTE ]

MasterLJ 07-08-2007 12:33 PM

Stories like this make me want a curl up in a ball on my couch and watch all episodes of Man vs. Wild until my eyes bleed.

So very sorry for the loss.

Dranoel 07-08-2007 12:38 PM

Sorry to hear the news was tragic. That sucks.

Prayers for the family & friends...

degeneratedonk 07-08-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was funny. Uncalled for and terrible unfeeling, but funny nonetheless

C-Dog

[/ QUOTE ]

If you find anything about someone's untimely tragic passing and his family's overwhelming grief funny you must really be a wonderful young man. I guess you're in the right place.

samsdmf 07-08-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
God this is just horrible, extremely sad. My condolences to everybody whom was affected by this tragic loss.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dont want to make this look like a lazy QFT but I couldnt have put it better

Stake Monster 07-08-2007 02:13 PM

R.I.P.

What a [censored] way to go.

maryfield48 07-08-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know this guys history but its very irresponsible to go out there without some basic supplies and survival skills. like bring a gallon of water if youre gonna go offroading 80m from civilization. i wouldnt rule out foul play actually now that i think about that.

regardless, very sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, to lead off with criticism of the deceased and then add, like an afterthought that you think it's sad makes you come off like a jerk.

Envyme_Mvp 07-08-2007 05:36 PM

RIP Welladjusted. My thoughts go out to the family, life is so fragile.

StepBangin 07-08-2007 05:42 PM

Has this story been in the news?

Im not familiar with the area, was he just in some random spot in the middle of the desert? ere there roads around or did he just take off through the sand? Is that even legal?

Mongoosey 07-08-2007 06:51 PM

Sorry to hear this awful news. My condoleces to the family

MissT74 07-09-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Has this story been in the news?

Im not familiar with the area, was he just in some random spot in the middle of the desert? ere there roads around or did he just take off through the sand? Is that even legal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing in the paper yet, but the Mohave County 911 rollcall/logsheet is only published 3 times a week and our local newspaper is closed on the weekends (small town). It was our sheriff, Mohave County, who found him and so there will be a story about it, I'm sure, just not until tomorrows paper. (I'm assuming as I haven't seen anything yet)

Not sure on exact location of the car or his body in relations to the car but from here (Kingman) to Vegas it can get pretty deserted. We find bodies out there all the time, most of them due to foul play.

T

blackize 07-09-2007 07:32 AM

Very very sad. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Based on posts in the Vette forum it looks like he just went for a drive, not offroading.

brutalBeater 07-09-2007 07:47 AM

Very sad to read this.
My Condolences

Bond18 07-09-2007 08:14 AM

I read through this whole thing hoping he'd show up and say "hey guys i just got really busy/lost my phone/out with friends for a few days, sorry to cause all this trouble."

This is really sad, so sorry to everyone affected.

ifoughtpiranhas 07-09-2007 08:28 AM

condolences to all effected

machine 07-09-2007 09:24 AM

RIP Mike
My thoughts are with his family and friends

Bdidd 07-09-2007 09:37 AM

This is terribly sad. Too young to be gone. RIP.

EPiPeN11 07-09-2007 09:58 AM

Very sad. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

The B 07-09-2007 10:19 AM

my heart is heavy for his friends & family...

Rest in Peace from everybody at 2+2

ybnrml 07-09-2007 12:34 PM

Following is the press release from the Mohave County Sheriffs Department dated 7.9.07

SEARCH AND RESCUE – ARIZONA STRIP
Mohave County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue Units were deployed late Friday (7/6) evening due to a missing person in the desert.
Friday evening a hunter reported that he located a vehicle in the desert with a note attached saying that the vehicle was stranded
and the occupant started walking to look for help. Investigations determined the Lincoln Town car was rented out of Las Vegas,
Nevada, by Michael Donovan Holt, 36, of Bradenton, Florida. Saturday (7/7) morning, at about 6:45 a.m., Search and Rescue
Units located Holt, 6 miles from his vehicle, approximately 40 miles southeast of Mesquite, Nevada. Holt was deceased at the
scene and the cause of death appeared to be exposure. Autopsy results are pending.

No Fizzle 07-09-2007 12:47 PM

Truly horrible.

R.I.P.

PokeReader 07-09-2007 03:02 PM

Apparently, the best guess is that Mike was going to the Virgin Mountains on the Kingman side, or had been there. There are old mining road down the moutains, which he was either going up or down, and got stuck in the sand. The car was still functional. Getting stuck there, in the Mojave Desert side, is the worst of possible scenarios. There is really nothing, not even a real road for more than 20 miles, and the tempature on that side of the canyon is as extreme as it gets. No way to call anyone either. Poor Mike.

hijack 07-09-2007 03:30 PM

condolences to all effected

MrBump 07-09-2007 05:13 PM

Very sad news [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I don't know the gentleman, but reading this gave me a lump in my throat..

RIP and best wishes to all friends and family

Banditgberg 07-10-2007 12:02 PM

Mr. Bump,
Thanks for the Ninja Bump.

RIP

ADK 07-10-2007 07:45 PM

RIP

Squareview 07-10-2007 08:08 PM

r.i.p.

i was in vegas this weekend, was 117 and 110 degrees. fing sad man

Methodz 07-10-2007 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very sad news [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I don't know the gentleman, but reading this gave me a lump in my throat..

[/ QUOTE ]

Squareview 07-12-2007 02:42 AM

bump

jt082005 07-12-2007 04:09 AM

sad to see

ZJ123 07-12-2007 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

miguy6976 07-12-2007 09:56 AM

Wow. I think I went to high school with Mike in Michigan (Lakeshore High School). He was a year behind me in school. He was a good guy.