Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Sean Taylor Fatally Shot at Home - Deceased (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554728)

EHoffman 11-26-2007 07:59 PM

Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
Les Carpenter, who is working the story for us in Miami, heard rumblings that Sean may have opened his eyes.

I have not been able to get that confirmed but just heard from a team offical that Sean is now responsive, which is obviously a turn for the best. I will continue working away to get more details, but this is obviously a turn for the better after Sean spent much of the day in a "non-responsive and unconscious" state.

[/ QUOTE ] http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

bottomset 11-26-2007 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NFL network reports that twice during surgery Taylor flatlined

[/ QUOTE ]
This was also reported on Sirius NFL Radio.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty sad that his family has no privacy at a time like this.

I usually have no sympathy towards celebrities wrt to their lives being public, but this is a different story imo

[/ QUOTE ]

its a product of this insane media coverage era, and yeah its sad they don't give the family privacy

69sofine 11-26-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"He was responsive to the doctor's requests to squeeze his hands and showed facial expressions. The doctors were very happy about that," Cerrato said " ... Two doctors came and told us they were excited about that."

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cerrato also confirmed my earlier reports about Sean being "non-responsive and unconscious."
Cerrato said: "We'd heard all that and what they told us was to hope for a miracle."

[/ QUOTE ]
from the blog mentioned above

MuresanForMVP 11-26-2007 08:35 PM

just heard Taylor was able to squeeze the doctor's hand and they are "cautiously optimistc". very good news

Pudge714 11-26-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prayers and best wishes to him and his family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teh1337zor 11-26-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just heard Taylor was able to squeeze the doctor's hand and they are "cautiously optimistc". very good news

[/ QUOTE ]

yup I heard this too

hoyasnaxa 11-26-2007 09:49 PM

I hope he is okay. That Miami herald article makes it sound like something fishy was going on, which is surprising because I know the Redskins equipment manager and he said he was surprised at how nice Taylor was.

Also, Dids u suck and always have.

Suigin406 11-26-2007 10:07 PM

good news to hear of the positive news, hopefully he gets through this

Karak567 11-26-2007 10:40 PM

sources say he woke up

pnazari 11-26-2007 10:45 PM

Im surprised he didnt have a gun or some sort of firearm on hand instead of the machette...i know i sure as hell would have.

also, ur comment was in poor taste dids...as usual.

MikeyPatriot 11-26-2007 11:01 PM

Really glad to hear the good news about this. Just hope he doesn't slip back into a coma or some crazy [censored].

hoyasnaxa 11-26-2007 11:14 PM

Radio people in DC are making it sound like his girlfriend had something to do with this. Probably completely unsubstantiated and if so that is really [censored] up. Radio hosts keep saying that she didnt put pressure on the wound, how they could possibly know this I have no idea.

dlv54 11-26-2007 11:25 PM

my cousin lives in Ashburn (near the Skins's home facility) and he tells a story of seeing Taylor in a grocery store a couple months ago and Taylor taking time to have a conversation w/ a kid and his dad, take a picture, autographs, etc. and Taylor being a real down to earth, nice guy.

also there was a great article on him in the wash post like 5 or 6 weeks ago (or less). Greg Williams is quoted that he "loves" him.

the "not a nice guy" stuff is not accurate.

like everyone, keeping him and his family in my thoughts.

question: assuming he survives (current reports are that he is squeezing somebody's hand - not sure whether it is in response to questions or random muscle movement), is it a foregone conclusion that he never plays again?

Barretboy 11-27-2007 12:08 AM

ok, I'm watching Comcast here in VA

Someone broke into his out, Sean heard noises. Goes to close the door, the guy bursts in the room and shoots 2 bullets, one hitting him in the groin, the other missing. His GF didn't see anything as she immediately hid under the covers. Flown to the hospital, flat lined twice during surgery, and was unconscious for several hours.

His house was broken into 8 days earlier, with the bedroom being the only room in the house that was untouched.

He is now awake, semi-responsive, able to make facial expressions and moving his arms around.

Tyler Durden 11-27-2007 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also he spits on people!

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone made this douche a mod?

[/ QUOTE ]
At least I am not the only one infuriated by his comment. It's amazing how the internet makes people think they can say whatever they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

My post looks different outside of the context of the post to which it responded. Somebody was pointing out Taylor's history with the law and didn't mention that there's some on the field stuff that speaks to the chance that Taylor is a less than swell dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize that I quoted what you wrote but my comment was not specific to your post on the matter.

Nonfiction 11-27-2007 12:31 AM

ESPN just said that the phonelines to the house were cut

Jurollo 11-27-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. So F'd up. Good to hear he is doing better.

TheNoodleMan 11-27-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't that automatically trigger any decent home security system?

mblax10 11-27-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also fwiw I think most of the lack of coverage of this can be attributed to the lack of information there is about this right now

[/ QUOTE ]

i think there just isnt much to say... is house was broken into, he was shot, he is in critical condition. as long as they update when he becomes conscious or other milestones i dont think much else is needed

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC the media gave non-stop attention when Barbaro was in surgery and apparently had a better chance of survival than Taylor.

It's sad that ESPN is spending about 10 times as much time talking about Ricky Williams and Heinz Field than Taylor. Hope he pulls through.

tuq 11-27-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't that automatically trigger any decent home security system?

[/ QUOTE ]
Although it may be a bit much to speculate at this point, this piece of data plus the weird break-in from the week before plus nothing being stolen is giving this a borderline Rae Carruthian feel to it.

fmxda 11-27-2007 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Radio people in DC are making it sound like his girlfriend had something to do with this. Probably completely unsubstantiated and if so that is really [censored] up. Radio hosts keep saying that she didnt put pressure on the wound, how they could possibly know this I have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think treating arterial bleeding is common knowledge, WTF are these radio hosts smoking. I mean I realize they are paid to talk about retarded stuff, but seriously, this is the most retarded angle to take on this story I can imagine.

yjbrewer 11-27-2007 01:34 AM

The person who shot him must be a Cowboy, Eagles or Giants fan! On a serious note though I hope he pulls through. If u got beef with someone approach him like a man and scrap it out. You both live to talk about it the next day. Aparently someone was looking for him because he was home because someone broke in his house. I wonder what is the motive?

bigbabyjesus 11-27-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The dude keeps a machete by his bedside? Damn...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was reported someone broke into his home the week before and left a knife. I've had similar scares and have kept a bat and a sword in my room after those incidents, I don't see anything unusual about that

[/ QUOTE ]

To me it's unusual that he didn't have something more. I mean damn, that's someone breaking into your house, and leaving something that could be construed as a threat on your life. Totally justified having any number of firearms next to his bedside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I get flamed for being a douche and not being respectful, and not holding these comments for a week when people stop caring as much; This is a terrible event, and I wish Taylor the best and as best a recovery as possible given what has happened to him. It is a sad event, no matter the circumstances.

However, it seems ridiculous to me that his house was broken into twice the week before, and he's at home with just himself, his wife, and his child. He makes enough money. To just be alone is just.. so ridiculous. Please do not be a nit and give me [censored] for being honest and real in this situation. It is terrible and tragic, yes. But the circumstances this happened, with him and his wife and child home alone given what happened the week before, just baffles me. A man making 1/20th his money would have done more to avoid this.

I do not know the full circumstances and perhaps these early news stories have it wrong, thus I could be very wrong. But it just baffles my mind.

In no way am I diminishing the fact a wife and a child might lose their father. However, I'm not going to dilly dally on the absurdity of the facts though while we potentially grieve in this situation.

ZJ123 11-27-2007 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also he spits on people!

[/ QUOTE ]

kill yourself

/....

get better sean!

Annulus 11-27-2007 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The dude keeps a machete by his bedside? Damn...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was reported someone broke into his home the week before and left a knife. I've had similar scares and have kept a bat and a sword in my room after those incidents, I don't see anything unusual about that

[/ QUOTE ]

To me it's unusual that he didn't have something more. I mean damn, that's someone breaking into your house, and leaving something that could be construed as a threat on your life. Totally justified having any number of firearms next to his bedside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I get flamed for being a douche and not being respectful, and not holding these comments for a week when people stop caring as much; This is a terrible event, and I wish Taylor the best and as best a recovery as possible given what has happened to him. It is a sad event, no matter the circumstances.

However, it seems ridiculous to me that his house was broken into twice the week before, and he's at home with just himself, his wife, and his child. He makes enough money. To just be alone is just.. so ridiculous. Please do not be a nit and give me [censored] for being honest and real in this situation. It is terrible and tragic, yes. But the circumstances this happened, with him and his wife and child home alone given what happened the week before, just baffles me. A man making 1/20th his money would have done more to avoid this.

I do not know the full circumstances and perhaps these early news stories have it wrong, thus I could be very wrong. But it just baffles my mind.

In no way am I diminishing the fact a wife and a child might lose their father. However, I'm not going to dilly dally on the absurdity of the facts though while we potentially grieve in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

you make a good point. we don't have enough information yet to figure out exactly what was going on. miami is a dangerous place thats for sure.

Borgland 11-27-2007 07:01 AM

He died. RIP

EWS87 11-27-2007 07:06 AM

just heard it from mike golic...i didnt think i cared that much but i almost threw up

blackize 11-27-2007 07:14 AM

RIP

Omniheart 11-27-2007 07:16 AM

yikes. RIP

Teh1337zor 11-27-2007 07:16 AM

just terrible and tragic

RIP, Redskins fans will always <3 you

Borgland 11-27-2007 07:26 AM

Link to story

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406

Golden_Rhino 11-27-2007 07:43 AM

This made me much sadder than these things usually do. Maybe it's that I haven't slept in 2 days, but I got a lump in my throat when I heard it.

RIP

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4...p8984pgim7.jpg

pokergrader 11-27-2007 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RIP, Redskins fans will always <3 you

[/ QUOTE ]

kickpushcoast 11-27-2007 07:46 AM

RIP

its sad how little wrong a black man has to do to be considered some sort of thug/gangster, etc. dude was from a middle class family and his dad is a police chief. he had one run in with someone who he thought had stolen his property and so many people are quick to think he must have brought it upon himself when he's gunned down in his own house

Golden_Rhino 11-27-2007 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
RIP

its sad how little wrong a black man has to do to be considered some sort of thug/gangster, etc. dude was from a middle class family and his dad is a police chief. he had one run in with someone who he thought had stolen his property and so many people are quick to think he must have brought it upon himself when he's gunned down in his own house

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be right, but let's not make this thread all about racism. Too soon imo.

Neuge 11-27-2007 07:51 AM

So sad. A healthy 24-year-old should never meet tragedy like this.

VarlosZ 11-27-2007 07:59 AM

Judging from everything I've been hearing (including the linked ESPN article), it seems like Taylor got everything turned around this season, both personally and professionally. I don't know if that makes this more or less sad, but I'm glad that he went out on a high note, and got to experience life for a while as someone who's viewed as a solid citizen.

Rest in peace, Sean. In the next life, may you never want for receivers too terrified to go over the middle (or too dumb to know they shouldn't). Happy hunting.

mbillie1 11-27-2007 08:04 AM

rip [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Vyse 11-27-2007 08:17 AM

wow, i usually never care about crap like this, but this actually bothered me. i was afraid he was going to die but it seemed like good news was coming out and he was stabalizing and etc.

Jules22 11-27-2007 08:26 AM

horrible news, first darrent williams and now sean taylor dying of gun violence [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]