Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Heroes - 11/26 - A whole bunch of stuff going on (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555175)

Jack Bando 11-27-2007 10:35 PM

Re: Heroes - 11/26 - A whole bunch of stuff going on

[ QUOTE ]
im confused, is season two going to be broken up into 2a and 2b?

when they say the season finale is coming up what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Season 2's was supposed to be Volume 2 and 3. 2 ends next week. 3 was the rest of the year.

With the Writers Strike going on, Season 2 is volume 2 and ends next week. We'll have to wait until next year until volume 3.

Freakin 11-27-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im confused, is season two going to be broken up into 2a and 2b?

when they say the season finale is coming up what does that mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Season 2's was supposed to be Volume 2 and 3. 2 ends next week. 3 was the rest of the year.

With the Writers Strike going on, Season 2 is volume 2 and ends next week. We'll have to wait until next year until volume 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

and it will likely be quite a bit different from the original plan.

Fabian 11-28-2007 12:51 AM

Having the 2nd volume end next week seems so incredibly weird to me, writer's strike or not. Like, they were planningg like 8 episodes of slow, boring buildup and 2 episodes of conclusion? So weird.

mrkilla 11-28-2007 09:17 AM

I finally got to see Mondays EP last night. Oh boy wtf...
First.
From what I recall in reading the show was suppose to run like 3-4 more episodes this season as well as start a spin off all of which has been put on hold because of the strike. Is it any excuse for Muscle Mimic girl running up a wall and back flipping over a 2 foot high fence that my dog could clear no, but I'd like to think they at least would have drawn the story out a little more then say "Oh no Adam and Peter going for the Virus , I R Hiro I must stop!" etc etc.

I hope that Hiro takes Peter on a time travel mission to see that Adam is a tool. Otherwise count Hiro pretty much dead. Also as far as Hiro doing the "Here I am, No I'm not" behind Peter. Well Peters already in the "space/time" 'space' that Hiro is in. So like how would that work, double time stoppage?

Sylar is about to become bad ass again, awesome. I like how this played out with him though I could of done with out the wonder twins. Unless of course him and the Mexican chick become like super evil together. Else it was a long drawn out pointless Journey with the wonder twins just fro him to suck up a new power.

More hot Cheerleader Claire less of the talky talky boo hoo's

Please Please Please hand to hand cat fight.

I really hope this show gets better again next season (which I will still be watching)

Jack Bando 11-28-2007 09:38 AM

Kring amitted earlier the pacing of the season was bad. You can't slowly build up to season 1's finale and go back to very slow the first episode of season 2.

TheCroShow 11-28-2007 01:12 PM

so glad i stopped watching this show. i suggest all of you do the same! =D

govman6767 11-28-2007 01:18 PM

God I'm sick of you whino's and crybabies. Your the ones with the problem.

Heroes is still the best show on T.V. and your all Idiots.

Nuff Said

Nonfiction 11-28-2007 02:36 PM

Was thinking about this today: Regen powered people are immune to the plague. Peter has the regen power and would presumably be immune. However, in the future after the plague, Peter is told that he is dead. Which means someone cut off Peters head. Would be incredibly badass if Hiro somehow kills Peter in their fight next episode, although there is zero chance of that happening.

Dids 11-28-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nuff Said

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm calling level on this one. Too many clearly intentional typos.

I would stop watching this show if I could. I think that's true for a great many of us. The greatest trick [censored] comic books every playd is keeping the story just interesting enough that we keep reading to find out what happens next.

BuckyK 11-28-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Was thinking about this today: Regen powered people are immune to the plague. Peter has the regen power and would presumably be immune. However, in the future after the plague, Peter is told that he is dead. Which means someone cut off Peters head. Would be incredibly badass if Hiro somehow kills Peter in their fight next episode, although there is zero chance of that happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the future, Peter was dead because he blew up, and nobody recovered his body. His family didn't realize he was in Ireland sexing up an ugly chick and doing crime with ugly chick's American brother with a bad accent.

mrkilla 11-28-2007 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so glad i stopped watching this show. i suggest all of you do the same! =D

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW I'm gonna start taking our old mod daryn's approach to these (Hero's) threads like he did for the Lost ones
If you come here to just derail or say "THIS SHOW SUCKS STOP WATCHING" I'm going to ninja edit your post to say something much more constructive.(and probably destructive against you)

If you wish to come in here and discuss the episode and say "it sucked but.." thats fine.

If you don't like the show and don't want to watch it DON'T and stop posting in these thread.

Freakin 11-28-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also as far as Hiro doing the "Here I am, No I'm not" behind Peter. Well Peters already in the "space/time" 'space' that Hiro is in. So like how would that work, double time stoppage?

[/ QUOTE ]

he can bend time AND space, LDO. He doesn't have to stop time to teleport.

Nonfiction 11-28-2007 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the future, Peter was dead because he blew up, and nobody recovered his body. His family didn't realize he was in Ireland sexing up an ugly chick and doing crime with ugly chick's American brother with a bad accent.

[/ QUOTE ]
hmmm good point

AlexM 11-28-2007 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also as far as Hiro doing the "Here I am, No I'm not" behind Peter. Well Peters already in the "space/time" 'space' that Hiro is in. So like how would that work, double time stoppage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Teleporting != stopping time.

AlexM 11-28-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Nuff Said

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best of a big pile of crap? Probably. That doesn't nullify anything anyone's said about how awful it is though.

mak15 11-28-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adam lets her loose with the shotgun right in front of her....what do they think is going to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what he planned to have happen. Him killing her.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does Peter not see that?

[/ QUOTE ]

we're not really supposed to believe that a shotgun to the head would kill kensei right?

Jack Bando 11-28-2007 11:30 PM

Why wouldn't it? He can't regen a head and brain damage slows/stop the healing. No brain should end the healing power.

RiverFenix 11-29-2007 01:03 AM

It's a total minor thing among all the other things the writers dont account for but I feel like they dont know how to write for the women at all. Hayden suddenly hates her dad in previous eps and disregards him completely over a guy shes dated for a week and this ep female wonder twin wants to ditch her bro for a murderer shes known for a week. Female irrationality in life doesnt come close to how bad the writers make them out to seem.

Fabian 11-29-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a total minor thing among all the other things the writers dont account for but I feel like they dont know how to write for the women at all. Hayden suddenly hates her dad in previous eps and disregards him completely over a guy shes dated for a week and this ep female wonder twin wants to ditch her bro for a murderer shes known for a week. Female irrationality in life doesnt come close to how bad the writers make them out to seem.

[/ QUOTE ]

This (especially Claire) has probably been my number 1 tilt inducer this season.

SamIAm 11-29-2007 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you come here to just derail or say "THIS SHOW SUCKS STOP WATCHING" I'm going to ninja edit your post to say something much more constructive.(and probably destructive against you)

If you wish to come in here and discuss the episode and say "it sucked but.." thats fine.

If you don't like the show and don't want to watch it DON'T and stop posting in these thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good policy. Thanks.

MrWookie 11-29-2007 02:39 AM

Oh, look. Micah is in another 100% pointless plot line. Whodathunkit?

Iconoclastic 11-29-2007 12:01 PM

Heroes is suffering from a problem Lost also suffers from- only bad guys are competent. The Others were omnipotent, had supernatural powers, and operated like a military commando unit before they were made sympathetic to viewers. Now they're a bunch of bumbling schoolgirls and can't do anything right. The Company were these bad ass agents who used their powers to help themselves and now they're short-sighted idiots bickering amongst each other. Once a character turns good they lose all sense of good judgment.

mak15 11-29-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why wouldn't it? He can't regen a head and brain damage slows/stop the healing. No brain should end the healing power.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he survive that huge explosion then? how did he defeat those armies of soldiers? it seems if he could die from something as reasonably easy as a gunshot to the head, he wouldn't have made it 400 years.

also, why hasn't the company killed him? i'm still hoping the company intentionally let him escape with Peter, so I guess that would also explain why they didn't kill him.

SamIAm 11-29-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2186/kandbwn2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Cute.

jws43yale 11-29-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would he survive that huge explosion then? how did he defeat those armies of soldiers? it seems if he could die from something as reasonably easy as a gunshot to the head, he wouldn't have made it 400 years.

also, why hasn't the company killed him? i'm still hoping the company intentionally let him escape with Peter, so I guess that would also explain why they didn't kill him.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Ted went nuclear he was never injured. Thus, it is not his healing power that saved him at all. Furthermore, I think that head wounds just slow healing or something. Maybe if they completely removed the head they would not regen, but I think that as long as head is still connected to body (Brain to spine) they can somehow heal. The reason claire couldn't heal was the stick had severed her brain from her spine, once it was removed she heals. Then again, I think we analyze the powers more than the writers ever have, so I think there is no real right answer, just whatever they decide.

SamIAm 11-29-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When Ted went nuclear he was never injured. Thus, it is not his healing power that saved him at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
The discussion was of Adam's survival of Whitebeard's ammunition exploding. Adam only has healing power.

Jack Bando 11-29-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, only one self-healer (Future Claire #1) has died and we can assume her brain was taken/eaten/or something.

Maybe you need to remove the head/brain, maybe a gunshot would do it, maybe you need a shotgun/cannon to gooify the brain.

Well, as one poster said the good guys are morons. Since Adam's evil, anyone holding him is good and therefore kind of dumb.

Brandonjp13 11-29-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When Ted went nuclear he was never injured. Thus, it is not his healing power that saved him at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
The discussion was of Adam's survival of Whitebeard's ammunition exploding. Adam only has healing power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't peter's self explosion at the end of Season 1 severe the head/destroy brain etc. thus rendering him dead? Also had some flashbacks of Highlander watching Hiro charge an immortal-like Peter with a sword, anyone else?

chim17 11-29-2007 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't peter's self explosion at the end of Season 1 severe the head/destroy brain etc. thus rendering him dead? Also had some flashbacks of Highlander watching Hiro charge an immortal-like Peter with a sword, anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he doesn't explode. As just mentioned with Ted. The explosion is around him leaving him unharmed.

jogsxyz 11-29-2007 08:01 PM

In Hercules just severing the head was not enough.
It would grow back.

[ QUOTE ]
The details of the confrontation are explicit in Apollodorus (2.5.2): realising that he could not defeat the Hydra in this way, Hercules called on his nephew Iolaus for help. His nephew then came upon the idea (possibly inspired by Athena) of using a burning firebrand to scorch the neck stumps after decapitation, and handed him the blazing brand. Hercules cut off each head and Iolaus burned the open stump leaving the hydra dead; its one immortal head Hercules placed under a great rock on the sacred way between Lerna and Elaius (Kerenyi1959 p 144), and dipped his arrows in the Hydra's poisonous blood, and so his second task was complete. The alternative to this is that after cutting off one head he dipped his sword in it and used its venom to burn each head so it couldn't grow back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scotty. 11-29-2007 08:10 PM

I don't mind most of the unrealistic things in this show, because that's what it is all about. The healing/blowing off head thing does really bother me though. HRG took a bullet to the head, and was healed simply by Claire's blood - her brain really had nothing to do with it.

mak15 11-29-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop mentioning the self explosion. it is obvious he should survive that no problem.

Jack Bando 11-29-2007 11:57 PM

The ammo explosion might have only burnt him to the bone and not damaged his head=skin and body regen.

durron597 11-30-2007 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heroes is suffering from a problem Lost also suffers from- only bad guys are competent. The Others were omnipotent, had supernatural powers, and operated like a military commando unit before they were made sympathetic to viewers. Now they're a bunch of bumbling schoolgirls and can't do anything right. The Company were these bad ass agents who used their powers to help themselves and now they're short-sighted idiots bickering amongst each other. Once a character turns good they lose all sense of good judgment.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post

bobbyi 11-30-2007 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The healing/blowing off head thing does really bother me though. HRG took a bullet to the head, and was healed simply by Claire's blood - her brain really had nothing to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would assume that they removed the bullet. It's already been established that that works when Claire had the shard in her head and it was pulled out and she healed.

Jack Bando 11-30-2007 06:11 PM

Maybe Adam can take a severe hit to the head and he's lying that it'd kill him, just in case Peter decides to pull his head out of Adam's ass.