Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   MSNL dinner happening in NYC Thursday 2nd August. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=458886)

Binbs 07-31-2007 09:29 AM

Re: MSNL dinner happening in NYC Thursday 2nd August.

Ok guys just a quick update. Reservations have been made for Rosa Mexicano for 9pm Thursday 2nd August. The reservation has been made under the name Ahmar.

Address is :

9 East 18th Steet
New York, NY

The dinner will be 2½ hours and we can hit a club after that. Ill be posting the menu and price for the dinner later in the day.

If anyone has some suggestions for good clubs we can go to afterwards that are preferably walking distance from the restaurant, then please post in this thread or PM me.

Binbs 07-31-2007 09:36 AM

List of people showing up for the dinner:

- Binbs
- Pamela (guest)
- Fslexcduck
- Jsnipes
- yvesaint
- whitelime
- Krantz
- Stan Ivey
- TWP
- Josh
- Triumph
- KingDan
- TeeJay
- ezmogee
- JooWish622
- etizzle
- Paul Thomson
- AragornX151
- technologic
- cowpig
- wolffund
- jordiepop

That should add up to 22 people. Ive made a reservation for 25 cuz some people were talking about bringing some girlfriends etc.

If you are not able to make it and you are on the list then please PM me ASAP.

Thank you.

lauren t 07-31-2007 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
List of people showing up for the dinner:

- Binbs
- Pamela (guest)
- Fslexcduck
- Jsnipes
- yvesaint
- whitelime
- Krantz
- Stan Ivey
- TWP
- Josh
- Triumph
- KingDan
- TeeJay
- ezmogee
- JooWish622
- etizzle
- Paul Thomson
- AragornX151
- technologic
- cowpig
- wolffund
- jordiepop

[/ QUOTE ]

add me to the list too

lauren t 07-31-2007 11:38 AM

im actually a guest of stan ivey's, so its ok

GiantBuddha 07-31-2007 12:00 PM

I definitely want to come, but Thursday's my day for kicking people in the head and all, which adds so much joy to my life. If I show up at like 9:15-9:30 is that a problem? I'll only order guacamole, anyway (although it's like $15 at Rosa).

AragornX151 07-31-2007 12:09 PM

I can order for Paul (GB). There will be like one thing on the entire menu that his vegan ass can eat.

Binbs 07-31-2007 12:30 PM

The Menu.
------------------------
Sorry guys but we had to order a menu for such a large amount of people. Ordering for 30 people at the restaurant wasn't possible. For the 2-3 vegans attending making a seperate order at the restaurant if need be, will be possible.

First courses:

- Mixed field greens with shredded carrots, shredded jicama, and cherry tomatoes tossed with sweet pomegranate vinaigrete.

- Marinated red snapper and baby shrimp with onions, olives, cucumbers and serrano peppers.

Main courses:

- Grilled organic salmon over black beans with zucchini, roasted corn, mole of ancho chiles and tropical fruits.

- Grilled filet mignon covered with a wild mushroom-tequila cream sauce.

- Soft corn tortillas filled with chicken and topped with a creamy tomatillo sauce.

Dessert:

- Rich, creamy cheesecake filled with cajeta sauce, served with blackberry sauce and pistachio brittle.

Cost per person is 65$ + tax(8.5%) + service(20%) + beverages.

Binbs 07-31-2007 12:31 PM

I still need for local NYC people to post suggestions for clubs that we can go to!

Walking distance from the restaurant please.

FoxwoodsFiend 07-31-2007 12:53 PM

in

KRANTZ 07-31-2007 01:16 PM

all i want to eat are pomegranate margaritas

KRANTZ 07-31-2007 01:17 PM

all i want to eat is pomegranate margaritas? am i getting dumber through playing so much poker? which one is gramatically correct? is or are? and why the [censored] do i care?

jsnipes28 07-31-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all i want to eat is pomegranate margaritas? am i getting dumber through playing so much poker? which one is gramatically correct? is or are? and why the [censored] do i care?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the confusion may be stemming from trying to eat a drink?

but at any rate, i agree 100% w/ eating as many pomegranate margaritas as is possible.

Triumph36 07-31-2007 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hay that's confusing

i think it's 'are'

hoo boy i hope there's a lot of grammar prop betting! lolz

/nit

Gary Stevenson 07-31-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the confusion may be stemming from trying to eat a drink?

but at any rate, i agree 100% w/ eating as many pomegranate margaritas as is possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

PBAR 07-31-2007 01:40 PM

post deleted by pbar

FoxwoodsFiend 07-31-2007 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hay that's confusing

i think it's 'are'

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

it's "is." because is is related to "all i want" not to the margaritas. pretty sure about this, as awkward as it seems

lauren t 07-31-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hay that's confusing

i think it's 'are'

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

it's "is." because is is related to "all i want" not to the margaritas. pretty sure about this, as awkward as it seems

[/ QUOTE ]

nah youre thinking of "all i want is to eat pomegranate margaritas" rather than "all i want to eat are pomegranate margaritas"

FoxwoodsFiend 07-31-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hay that's confusing

i think it's 'are'

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah youre thinking of "all i want is to eat pomegranate margaritas" rather than "all i want to eat are pomegranate margaritas"

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i was thinking about the same thing you are. i could be wrong, but i'm pretty confident about this.

NT! 07-31-2007 02:07 PM

hey guys, i will show up for this. if there's not space to eat i can just come by and drink a lot.

i don't post much in strat anymore but i do play MSNL in the city, so i'm assuming this is cool?

no idea about clubs, i go to bars, and i don't go to this area much.

SGspecial 07-31-2007 02:09 PM

I think we have finally answered the question "How many English majors populate the MSNL forum?"

jordiepop 07-31-2007 02:14 PM

how classy is this place... attire suggestions would be appreicated. im a white-t and air force 1 kind of guy. thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Triumph36 07-31-2007 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hay that's confusing

i think it's 'are'

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm

oh, yes, you're right

'all' in itself can't be the subject - it's 'all i want', which is one thing, and therefore is is the verb

gonna be some sick strunk and white prop bets - is it further or farther!?? who knows!

/nit (okay we all know this is impossible)

mrkilla 07-31-2007 02:28 PM

as I told Binbs head to the W Hotel, you can also check out the Delancy Lounge (that was the other place I couldnt recall Binbs)

NT! 07-31-2007 02:36 PM

oh i think i've been to delancey lounge, it's a music venue too, right? a little more low key? that was a good place, lots of space.

adanthar 07-31-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys, i will show up for this. if there's not space to eat i can just come by and drink a lot.

i don't post much in strat anymore but i do play MSNL in the city, so i'm assuming this is cool?

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. I even still play MSNL sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] count me in please.

fslexcduck 07-31-2007 03:56 PM

ok i've gotten a few more PM's (by the way i am no longer organizing this) - ahmar do you think it's possible they can just get us a private room? seems like it is probably the easiest thing, no? especially if they're planning on doing some sort of restricted menu. total might be up to 30 by now...

Triumph36 07-31-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i've gotten a few more PM's (by the way i am no longer organizing this) - ahmar do you think it's possible they can just get us a private room? seems like it is probably the easiest thing, no? especially if they're planning on doing some sort of restricted menu. total might be up to 30 by now...

[/ QUOTE ]

private room is $6k minimum. i know this dinner is a strange mix of super-robusto and almusto, but i really didn't think this would fly.

trplthrt 07-31-2007 05:32 PM

Does the 6k come with some poker tables and dealers for the night?

Josh. 07-31-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how classy is this place... attire suggestions would be appreicated. im a white-t and air force 1 kind of guy. thanks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's very casual

AdamBragar 07-31-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. I even still play MSNL sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] count me in please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Late response here, but I'm down too.

dtan05 07-31-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lil hold'em?

jk [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

whitelime 07-31-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a grammatical genius. It's "all....is" since all is the subject. Didn't bother to see if anyone else corrected this. I suck at poker though.

NT! 07-31-2007 07:51 PM

30 people ordering a bunch of drinks is only like 120-140 apiece. so a private room would require either a bunch more people or a bunch more pomegranate margaritas. i have to drive to north carolina the next day so it would be tough for me to keep pace there.

jordiepop 07-31-2007 11:01 PM

so whats the deal with poker talk?? i dont want to be that guy..." hey whitelime can i bother you all night" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

lauren t 07-31-2007 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so whats the deal with poker talk?? i dont want to be that guy..." hey whitelime can i bother you all night" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be a kc tran please

FoxwoodsFiend 08-01-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody talks about poker at these things but it's mainly just joking about hands or people. Asking for overall strategy advice is kind of dorkish.

Also, unfortunately I can't come to dinner after all: ex-girlfriend is in town and I have to grab dinner. May or may not be available for post-dinner partying.

Binbs 08-01-2007 02:09 AM

A private room requires that we spent for 6 k total at least.

Added NT!, adanthar and AdamBragar to the list. 25 total atm.

Barrin6 08-01-2007 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hay that's confusing

i think it's 'are'

/nit

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i was thinking about the same thing you are. i could be wrong, but i'm pretty confident about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

From SATS, I remember the trick is to move the nouns to figure it out. So in this case it would be "pomegranate margaritas are all I want to eat". So "are" is the correct term.

But then again, I scored really low on the grammar section of the SATS.

Also to add, I'm asian, so that makes it worse.

jordiepop 08-01-2007 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be a kc tran please

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a joke... already discussed at the beg. of the thread.

Josh. 08-01-2007 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everybody talks about poker at these things but it's mainly just joking about hands or people. Asking for overall strategy advice is kind of dorkish.

Also, unfortunately I can't come to dinner after all: ex-girlfriend is in town and I have to grab dinner. May or may not be available for post-dinner partying.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is a poker dinner without your stories of blackjack degeneracy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]