Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***The Official TORONTO RAPTORS 2007-2008 Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530418)

Green Kool Aid 11-04-2007 07:44 PM

Re: ***The Official TORONTO RAPTORS 2007-2008 Thread***

[ QUOTE ]

Bargnani is such a stud, and it won't surprise me if he shoots 55-60% from the field this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

today did not help his cause

Golden_Rhino 11-04-2007 07:46 PM

The Celtics are supposed to be the cream of the East. They beat us on a last second shot in OT. I am liking the Raps.

Ponies 11-04-2007 09:07 PM

its a long season and u were at home. win/loss really doesnt mean much in the 2nd game of the season.
[ QUOTE ]
The Celtics are supposed to be the cream of the East. They beat us on a last second shot in OT. I am liking the Raps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Veecee 11-04-2007 10:53 PM

That team (Boston) is amazing, and I'm starting to think we're at that level.

Golden_Rhino 11-04-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its a long season and u were at home. win/loss really doesnt mean much in the 2nd game of the season.
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that wins and losses are not huge this early in the season, but a couple of years ago the Raps woulda gotten smoked by a team this good. It's promising to me that they were able to hang with them.

34TheTruth34 11-05-2007 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that wins and losses are not huge this early in the season, but a couple of years ago the Raps woulda gotten smoked by a team this good. It's promising to me that they were able to hang with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but the refs are the reason they were able to hang with the C's today. They woulda lost that game by 15 in Boston.

Veecee 11-05-2007 01:00 AM

I didn't see the game so I can't really judge. But it seemed like both teams played piss poor up until the final 5 minutes of the 4th.

T-God 11-05-2007 01:05 AM

It was a terrible and boring game in the first half, but turned awesome in the 2nd.

Bosh vs. KG was sick. CB isn't there yet, but he's getting close...

T_Mac 11-05-2007 02:01 AM

The ending to this game was so sick. The last 10 minutes was really high quality bball and KG, Ray Allen, Bosh, and TJ Ford all showed they can play at a really high level. I can't wait til the next time we play Boston and Bosh is (hopefully) 100% from tipoff and Bargnani is a little older and a little wiser. Boston took this one from us but I like our competitiveness and talent going forward.

ps- FU Ray Allen and K [censored] G

Veecee 11-05-2007 02:15 AM

Things observed from this game:

1. Sam Mitchell cannot coach and we will never win a title with him as head coach.

2. I know he made the shot, but TJ Ford should never, ever attempt a game tying/winning 3. And letting him do that is so f'n stupid.

3. Why is Juan Dixon playing crunch time? Another idiotic Smitch move.

4. Kapono should be shooting more. I'm not sure if he's good at creating his own shot but just let the kid shoot. Teams will then be Ka'pwnd.

5. On a positive, I like what I see from Delfino and if he's on the court in crunch time then I don't mind.

6. The team defense is improving greatly, unfortunately KG made some tough shots with Bosh playing very good defense on him.

7. Have I mentioned that Smitch is completely out to lunch?

T_Mac 11-05-2007 02:17 AM

Sam Mitchell's favourite 4th quarter move seems to be to leave in a bench player far too long, then bring in a starter cold for a play or two and have them shoot. Juan Dixon in crunch time not even being able to catch the ball and feed Bosh in the post cause hes a midget = not cool

Pudge714 11-05-2007 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Sam Mitchell cannot coach and we will never win a title with him as head coach.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not having a championship caliber team is slightly more important imo.

Veecee 11-05-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not having a championship caliber team is slightly more important imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, I'm not saying we're close to winning a title, I'm just saying that Sam's inconsistent and unorthodox coaching ways will probably never put us over the hump.

MVPaul 11-05-2007 04:00 PM

What do you guys think the effect of no Doc Rivers was on the game? I thought the Celts had some good play calls in OT: iso Garnett against Bosh on the right block on 3 straight possessions (2 jumpshots and a TO, I believe) and the final play was a nice set up for Allen... Could Doc have turned the tide in our favor?

4thstreetpete 11-05-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. I know he made the shot, but TJ Ford should never, ever attempt a game tying/winning 3. And letting him do that is so f'n stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 constants in Toronto that will never change. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1)Sam Mitchell could lead us to a NBA championship and the city would STILL think he's a terrible coach.

2)When the game is on the line at the dying minutes, TJ ford WILL ALWAYS take the final shot no matter how badly he's covered. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4thstreetpete 11-05-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think the effect of no Doc Rivers was on the game? I thought the Celts had some good play calls in OT: iso Garnett against Bosh on the right block on 3 straight possessions (2 jumpshots and a TO, I believe) and the final play was a nice set up for Allen... Could Doc have turned the tide in our favor?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought it was a terribly coached game from both ends. I don't think I've ever seen so many shot clock violations in a game. KG made 3 or 4 very tough shots in OT. Had he missed one of them the game could have went the other way.
The final play with 4 secs left was very clever. Allen is a veteran and used KG to get into the open to make the shot. Clearly we'll see a lot of this out of the Celts in the future. KG is just too dangerous to have just AP guarding him.

MVPaul 11-06-2007 09:35 AM

I don't think Toronto had a single shot clock violation but I could be wrong. As for Boston's at least 3 SCVs, I attribute that to solid D by the Raps.

T-God 11-07-2007 01:13 AM

Aw dangit

T_Mac 11-07-2007 01:37 PM

Yeah...hopefully we can come back strong tonight and make that horrifying performance an anomaly.

Veecee 11-07-2007 02:20 PM

4 games in 5 nights...should be interesting.

I expect the Raptors to [censored] the bed a few more times on the road, and that at the end of the season their record at home will be ridic good.

4thstreetpete 11-07-2007 06:20 PM

Have to give it up for Milwaukee. I'd always thought they were way underrated. If they hadn't have so many injuries last year they wouldn't have nearly did as bad. I really think they are a lot deeper than many people give them credit for.

How about Yi Jianlian. I thought he was spectacular last night. Aside from being a scoring threat he played tremendous D last night. He was giving our guys a really hard time. He is that good. We haven't even seen Charlie V become the player that he can be because of his injuries. This could be a really good Milwaukee team as evident last night.

I've never seen Bosh and Bargnani struggle this hard the last two games. No points in the first half, wow. Bosh says his knees are not bothering him but I'm not sure. Hope they break out of this funk soon.

Sometimes it's so hard to watch a raps game. We have so much problems scoring in the paint, that if we have an off night shooting it's going to be a loooong night.

Hope raps can turn it around against Orlando tonight.

Veecee 11-07-2007 10:43 PM

I'm not happy with losing, but if we can keep the game close while shooting 39% and ORL shooting 50%, that's more acceptable.

BobboFitos 11-07-2007 10:57 PM

TJ ford is such an enigma to me. when i watch him he goes through spurts where he is THE BEST PLAYER ON THE COURT (like 2nd half of the first quarter where he initiated the run all by himself) and then he just *disappears* and decides he'd rather be in the corner then the front man. He needs to be consistent.
Also, bargnani is a chucker. whoaaaa nellie.

tough game, magic just seemed to be hitting on all cylinders, not too much to worry about imo

MVPaul 11-08-2007 10:19 PM

or not.

T_Mac 11-10-2007 04:39 AM

Well a wins a win, get the heck out of town, wonder if the Raps will be up for Chicago or get blown off the court again.

Veecee 11-10-2007 03:54 PM

LOL @ Sam Mitchell panicking and changing the lineup after 5 games.

I can see why Garbo wants out.

T_Mac 11-11-2007 05:10 AM

I think its a decent move actually, same thing Dallas or Phoenix do, having a go to scorer off the bench in Bargnani. Anyway wheres the Jamario Moon Fan club?

BobboFitos 11-11-2007 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its a decent move actually, same thing Dallas or Phoenix do, having a go to scorer off the bench in Bargnani. Anyway wheres the Jamario Moon Fan club?

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like you can start it here and now!

EricW 11-11-2007 06:17 AM

The problem with the Raptors is that they have too many decently good players. It's hard for guys to get into a rhythm when they're constantly getting subbed out.

Also, Jose > T.J.

MVPaul 11-11-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can see why Garbo wants out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what?

4Tay 11-12-2007 03:53 PM

Yeah, who says Garbo wants out? He's just frustrated over his lack of minutes. It doesn't help that the Raps have a log-jam at the 3 position.

Veecee 11-12-2007 05:22 PM

Garbo hasn't said it because he is too professional for that, but Gasol has said it and they are very good friends. There is an obvious rift between the Garbo camp and the Raptors after the situation over the summer.

Also Mitchell keeps saying that he needs to get his confidence back, but Garbajosa has constantly said it's always been there. I hope this doesn't affect the Calderon situation.

Garbo kind of got a raw deal in a sense, but he's just been getting outperformed by everyone else on the roster.

vin17 11-12-2007 09:57 PM

Raptors management was really pushing for him to have a follow up operation over the summer to ensure his leg would be fully healed.

He scoffed, and is essentially playing on a cracked tibia.

(fwiw)

Pudge714 11-14-2007 10:20 PM

That is one of the worst plays I have ever seen.

MVPaul 11-14-2007 10:22 PM

Geeeez. Bosh has a switch that he toggles in the 4th to become an MVP type player. When that switch is off he's a foul trouble prone, can't make a jump shot scrub. And whats up with TJ runnin' upfloor and hoistin' a 3 when we have a timeout left?

BobboFitos 11-14-2007 10:25 PM

i love my jazz
btw, sam mitchell is not good. 18 seconds left, there is a timeout, down by 3... NO TIMEOUT?? WTF? LET FORD DRIBBLE AROUND? Seriously, call time out, set a play to hit the 3. Would've loved to see overtime.

4thstreetpete 11-14-2007 10:26 PM

The final play was hilarious. Classic TJ Ford. Brutal.

4thstreetpete 11-14-2007 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 constants in Toronto that will never change. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1)Sam Mitchell could lead us to a NBA championship and the city would STILL think he's a terrible coach.

2)When the game is on the line at the dying minutes, TJ ford WILL ALWAYS take the final shot no matter how badly he's covered. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm going to keep bumping this quote throughout the whole season [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Veecee 11-14-2007 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I'm going to keep bumping this quote throughout the whole season [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to bump it as well. <3 TJ but he has to stop with the Michael Jordan impersonations.

vin17 11-14-2007 10:32 PM

Time for some consistent Anti-Sophomore wall-hitting from Bargnani.