Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Barry Bonds indicted (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547053)

Chris Daddy Cool 11-15-2007 07:41 PM

Re: Barry Bonds indicted

[ QUOTE ]
Ken Griffey >>> Barry Bonds

[/ QUOTE ]

lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

J.R. 11-15-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
During the criminal investigation, evidence was obtained including positive tests for the use of anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancing substances for Bonds and other professional athletes

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait what? WTF is that doing in there and how could it possibly relate to Bonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a preemptive attempt to diffuse the criticism that this investigation has always been a witch hunt against Barry Bonds, which has been a key talking point for Bonds' attorneys and will continue to be a theme of the defense going forward, by suggesting Bonds was but one of a multitude of individuals who were investigated.

Leaky Eye 11-15-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
odds of a trial?

[/ QUOTE ]

1000%. Only way this doesn't go to trial is if it gets dismissed first. No way Bonds pleas.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-15-2007 07:44 PM

Greg Anderson was released from prison today.

he must have decided to give evidence against Bonds?

SL__72 11-15-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
During the criminal investigation, evidence was obtained including positive tests for the use of anabolic steroids and other performance-enhancing substances for Bonds and other professional athletes

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait what? WTF is that doing in there and how could it possibly relate to Bonds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a preemptive attempt to diffuse the criticism that this investigation has always been a witch hunt against Barry Bonds, which has been a key talking point for Bonds' attorneys and will continue to be a theme of the defense going forward, by suggesting Bonds was but one of a multitude of individuals who were investigated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think it was because Bonds is the only athlete who they questioned about steroid use who denied it.

O Fen�meno 11-15-2007 07:44 PM

greg anderson released from prison, did he snitch???

J.R. 11-15-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
odds of a trial?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can the feds back down now? Can bonds?

I think both are likely no no, which means a high probability of a trainwreck.

J.R. 11-15-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I think it was because Bonds is the only athlete who they questioned about steroid use who denied it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?

Chris Daddy Cool 11-15-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His blood tested positive for perjury. He's gonna hang 20yrs to life.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol seriously.

anyways, isn't whether he tested positive or not for steroids irrelevant in this matter because he would simply claim what he always has, that he unknowingly took them?

only way to really get bonds is if greg anderson or someone in that circle comes forward and starts squealing.

SL__72 11-15-2007 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?

Kneel B4 Zod 11-15-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?

[/ QUOTE ]

breaking news on ESPN

ClunkerDuds 11-15-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure.

Anyone else listening to Stephen A. Smith making this out to be a completely racist event? What a [censored].

SL__72 11-15-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean that the other athletes they say tested positive all either weren't questioned or admitted to it when questioned back in '03.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-15-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure.

Anyone else listening to Stephen A. Smith making this out to be a completely racist event? What a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, thats not what he said at all. he said race played some role in this, but that Bonds was a liar and cheater and deserves what he gets.

ClunkerDuds 11-15-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, thats not what he said at all. he said race played some role in this, but that Bonds was a liar and cheater and deserves what he gets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I heard that one line out of his 5 minute rant and chose to ignore it.

O Fen�meno 11-15-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
there are no baseball experts they could have consulted???? its [censored] espn there have to be some there

btw this is the most exciting 6pm sportscenter i have ever seen

LBJ 11-15-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

btw this is the most exciting 6pm sportscenter i have ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

And now A-Rod to the Yanks haha awesome

Needle77 11-15-2007 07:57 PM

Does this mean ESPN is going to be unwatchable for a good 6 months? I don't want this to ruin all the football games they put on by having a ESPN sportscenter moment for the next year.

preemptive strike on "ESPN is already unwatchable," you all know you watch it.

Riverman 11-15-2007 07:58 PM

Dear All Media,

Please stop adding all the maximum penalties together and saying "ZOMG BONDS FACING 30 YEARS!!!!!" There is no way he ever gets sentenced to anything approaching that much time.

sublime 11-15-2007 07:59 PM

this goverment is a [censored] joke

SL__72 11-15-2007 07:59 PM

Not that it means much but:

Anderson's attorney, Mark Geragos, said the trainer didn't cooperate with the grand jury that indicted Bonds.

"This indictment came out of left field," Geragos said. "Frankly I'm aghast. It looks like the government misled me and Greg as well, saying this case couldn't go forward without him."

EricW 11-15-2007 08:00 PM

Ya send him to jail for 30 years! That'll show the tax payers!

Needle77 11-15-2007 08:00 PM

Oh and should everything Jose Canseco says in the future to be taken as complete and utter truth? For all the Bonds haters I feel like they should become Canseco followers.

UATrewqaz 11-15-2007 08:01 PM

Anyone who thinks Bonds is innocent should be tested for Crazy Pills.

Riverman 11-15-2007 08:03 PM

lol Stephen A Smith: "Race is definitely a huge factor here. It's not a coincidence this case was brought after Mark McGwire's retirement."

WTF, please permaban this clown from ESPN and all other media.

Los Feliz Slim 11-15-2007 08:03 PM

I think the odds of a trial being thrown around are WAY high. Unless and until we (and Barry's legal team) know more about the evidence the government has it's really impossible to predict. If he's facing certain jail time and can reduce it by pleading out of course he'll cop a plea.

Gregatron 11-15-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol Stephen A Smith: "Race is definitely a huge factor here. It's not a coincidence this case was brought after Mark McGwire's retirement."

WTF, please permaban this clown from ESPN and all other media.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, if he really said that he is a bigger moron than I thought. And I am normally sensitive to racial issues.

ConstantineX 11-15-2007 08:20 PM

Can someone in the know summarize what this forum generally thinks of Bonds? Like should he do time?

TMTTR 11-15-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and should everything Jose Canseco says in the future to be taken as complete and utter truth? For all the Bonds haters I feel like they should become Canseco followers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Logic is not steroid. You can feel free to use some.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-15-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone in the know summarize what this forum generally thinks of Bonds? Like should he do time?

[/ QUOTE ]

an indictment is just charges being brought against him - he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet.

if he's found guilty, I dunno...seems silly for him to go to prison; but at the same time you can't really have guys lying to grand juries and get away with it

Needle77 11-15-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Canseco for President 2008.

PITTM 11-15-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who thinks Bonds is innocent should be tested for Crazy Pills.

[/ QUOTE ]

Innocent of taking steroids or innocent of lying to the jury?

offTopic 11-15-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Canseco for mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

doubLe a tom 11-15-2007 08:32 PM

Bonds in court:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ca/Fif.jpg

MyTurn2Raise 11-15-2007 08:34 PM

mother [censored] .... this is pre-empting college football live

argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPN shut up about non-sports please

manbearpig 11-15-2007 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eagerly awaiting Redbean.

[/ QUOTE ]

What an awesome time for him to be out of the country. He said he would be gone til post Thanksgiving.

manbearpig 11-15-2007 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This just in:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A potential suicide jumper who has spent the past half hour weeping uncontrollably has snarled traffic on the Bay Bridge.

Due to his marked despair, police have been unable to communicate with the young man, who has been identified only as "Red Bean" and who is wearing nothing but a Barry Bonds jersey and what appear to be Superman underoos.

More information as it develops.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest thing I have ever read.

MyTurn2Raise 11-15-2007 08:39 PM

oh yeah, back to the OP topic...least surprising news ever

the chemist behind most the stuff drinks around my town on occassion and I have it on heresay that he says Bonds is quite dirty

Kneel B4 Zod 11-15-2007 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What an awesome time for him to be out of the country. He said he would be gone til post Thanksgiving.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly Redbean = Barry Bonds

offTopic 11-15-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly Redbean = Barry Bonds

[/ QUOTE ]

South America...Nazis...

Clearly Barry Bonds = Hitler