Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat:My apartment was burglarized (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553645)

Burn 11-25-2007 10:33 AM

Re: Beat:My apartment was burglarized

Sincere condolences, I can totally relate (on a smaller scale) to the feeling of having your private stuff rifled through and things stolen. Hope it all works out for ya in the end.

TheyCallMeDonk 11-25-2007 10:48 AM

did he look under the bed for monies?

TheStig 11-25-2007 10:48 AM

It's funny to see everyone being so [censored] smart. "Nobrainernobrainergetinsurance", it's too late can't you see? That sure isn't going to help OP. Anyway I'm truly sorry, this sucks. You'll get over it though.

fusting43210 11-25-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To the guys who say 'get insurance'.. yeah, it's a no-brainer, and yes, OP should.... but that's really not the issue here.

OP already says that he can use his roll to replace it all.

The most brutal thing is the fact that strangers have been in your own living space, violated your privacy and showed total disrespect by trashing the place. The $20-30K damage sucks but is replacable. But when your apartment is trashed in this kind of way, you will never feel secure anymore in your own home. Never. Insurance does not cover that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But do you know what does? A gun.

Go get on that tomorrow OP.

stinky pete39 11-25-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To the guys who say 'get insurance'.. yeah, it's a no-brainer, and yes, OP should.... but that's really not the issue here.

The most brutal thing is the fact that strangers have been in your own living space, violated your privacy and showed total disrespect by trashing the place. The $20-30K damage sucks but is replacable. But when your apartment is trashed in this kind of way, you will never feel secure anymore in your own home. Never. Insurance does not cover that.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get taser AND a gun. Tase him first and make him do funny things standing up, then pistol-whip his ass!

TheStig 11-25-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get taser AND a gun. Tase him first and make him do funny things standing up, then pistol-whip his ass!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha

xedin 11-25-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://tazeelo.ytmnd.com/

BombayBadboy 11-25-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the advice in the PMs everyones sending.To everyone asking my FTP name its aj soprano

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious as to what motivates you to post this on 2p2.

HoosierAlum 11-25-2007 12:42 PM

Sorry Op, that is gross.

Must be something with Chicago....last year I had some dude smash through the door of our Coach House at 5am. Luckily my roomate was awake and met him at the stairwell to scare him..otherwise who knows what would have happened. (We lived at Wells/Schiller)

Veron 11-25-2007 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the advice in the PMs everyones sending.To everyone asking my FTP name its aj soprano

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nielsio 11-25-2007 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He bought insurance from hellmuth.

abvhi 11-25-2007 01:47 PM

brag: they left the $400 air purifier, the LCDs, the copy of Windows Vista and the awesome green nikes with orange laces.

whats better they left that vista Box (manual?) or the nikes

ThatsPokah 11-25-2007 02:06 PM

ThatSucks brotha. I hope you have some before pics of your pad.

ebepse 11-25-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scame?

buddha01 11-25-2007 02:46 PM

The "wii, 360, ps3" have mac address on their network cards if this was a high value or important issue worthly of the time it would be possible to track those devices down once they went online.

Check the area for the nearest cameras especially any stores your going to be looking for 2/3 guys for some thing like that, I expect one or all of them will have a drinking or drug issue.

I used to know people that did this kind of stuff and they had no beef with him or there would paint all over his walls or worse.

Few things.

1- It is likely you know who ever did this or set it up.
2- Who ever did this might know you through poker? they might be read this.
3- Offer a cash reward for information on who did this and post it around your block
4- Move who ever did this is going to keep an eye on you and see if they can rip you again.
5- Put a digital camera recording your house, put fake very high value goods in clear sight of that window.
6- Have you had the house scanned for prints.

7- In the end we lose every thing any way expect our mert be cool, keep your head up and you can make 10 times the value of the goods online with your smarts.

I moved to a flat, my first proper move, I was never happyer when I had almost zero items, you could go the other way dude just sell the rest of your stuff get a laptop and be/travel light, make this some thing to mark a change in your life, say you want to drop meat form your diet or to start doing some thing else, well do it now and your brain will work this out as good.

or not, what ever sorry for this intrusion and loss.

bud-uk

AcTiOnJaCsOn 11-25-2007 02:52 PM

solid beat post wow

Psy_Mike 11-25-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get insurance

[/ QUOTE ]

getting insurance is a -EV gamble...so I wouldn't call it a "no brainer" like others say

but it does reduce variance [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody claimed it was +EV. I can't think of any reason why you would go against the "no brainer" sentiment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's -EV and some people can handle the variance?

I'd never buy renter's insurance for instance. Clearly not a no brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like the rental insurance is a flat fee for all? If so, isn't it quite possible that while the insurance is surely -EV for consumers as a group, that for certain higher risk groups (such as rich people) this turns into a EV+ deal?

Also if you take into consideration the value of such things like emotions and the time it takes to replace and get everything set up again I would assume it's EV+ for pretty much everyone, and it's a bit anal trying to save a fraction of a blind of EV in pure $EV.

Anyway, my condolences OP [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Hope everything works out alright for you!

Stake Monster 11-25-2007 04:17 PM

I feel sorry it happened but seriously, get insurance ASAP. I delayed it for months when I first got an apartment and after seeing the apartment next to mine burn down to nothing I realized it can happen to anyone at any time those kind of things.

GSykes 11-25-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
at least he didnt leave a sign that said "ty"

man that would tilt me so bad

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ur a moron

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp MORON!

stigmata 11-25-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ur a moron

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp MORON!

[/ QUOTE ]

google images "moran", you moran!

bluey 11-25-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ur a moron

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp MORON!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with safe search off obv

The Man Mulcahey 11-25-2007 08:59 PM

This sucks dude. I'm really sorry this happened to you. I think the most insulting part of all of this is that they stole the bed sheets. Were they quality sheets? If not, then the thief must have been a douchebag of the highest proportions.

Condolences.

ollie5050 11-25-2007 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This sucks dude. I'm really sorry this happened to you. I think the most insulting part of all of this is that they stole the bed sheets. Were they quality sheets? If not, then the thief must have been a douchebag of the highest proportions.

Condolences.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sheets were used to take everything out to the car/truck/van. so were the belts and pillowcases.

Jay Riall 11-25-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ur hilarious

[/ QUOTE ]

coordi 11-25-2007 09:24 PM

I got robbed once.

They stole 2 pounds of weed and left 1500$. Variance?

coordi 11-25-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ur a moron

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp MORON!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with safe search off obv

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] http://itstheirdestiny.2kat.net/Pics...n%20Market.jpg

Dranoel 11-25-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ur a moron

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp MORON!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you new to these intranets?

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

chuckbomb 11-25-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-quoting this because it's awesome

BobbyShaftoe 11-25-2007 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the advice in the PMs everyones sending.To everyone asking my FTP name its viggorish

[/ QUOTE ]

http://static.flickr.com/103/287100837_8e32c6008e_o.jpg